PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trade proposal on NFLN yesterday regarding Osi.

thomsoad
02-23-2012, 03:00 PM
An analyst mentioned a trade between the Giants and the Falcons:

Falcons get Osi
We get 1st or 2nd round draft pick and John Abraham.

Went on to mention that Abraham is in the twilight of his career and that a rotation would be perfect for Abraham so he can stay fresh.

What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?

Eli TO Shockey
02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
whats Abrahams contract

dayeh33
02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
i'd do it but its probably not going to happen.

thomsoad
02-23-2012, 03:11 PM
whats Abrahams contract

Think he has a one year deal left but dont know. Just heard the comment... i havent researched it or anything. Just kinda asking as a face value situation.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
he;s a free agent

Harooni
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
he;s a free agent

cant they trade before fa starts?

XxBigWhitxX
02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Couple things

1. The Falcons don't have a 1st or second to give. (see Julio Jones Trade)

2nd Unless Abraham has 2+ years on the contract then NO.

Tuckit91
02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Free agent and NO.......KEEP OSI!!

bansaw
02-23-2012, 03:20 PM
he;s a free agent

cant they trade before fa starts?
dunno

how can you trade a guy with no contract?

gmen0820
02-23-2012, 03:20 PM

Falcons get Osi

Went on to mention that Abraham is in the twilight of his career and that a rotation would be perfect for Abraham so he can stay fresh.

What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?I doubt this was on NFLN.

Falcons don't have a first. Abraham is a FA.

FourthAndOne
02-23-2012, 03:25 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/849/john-abraham

rumors that Abraham's going to be released

gmen0820
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM

rumors that Abraham's going to be releasedThey won't release him, they can't. They're just gonna let him hit FA.

He will get 2 years at 4+ mil per year. He's still really good.

bansaw

rumors that Abraham's going to be releasedyou cant release a free agent

Giants Of New Jersey
and if they did have a 1st why wouldnt they just draft a top DE with their pick and keep abraham lol

gmen0820
02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
If we had cap room, I'd be going nuts at the thought of signing Abraham.

He is such an incredible pass rusher. Better than Osi.

pica01
02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Who said this?We'll be lucky to get a 2nd rounder strait up for Osi.I love Osi but if someone will give us just a 1st rd pick I'll drive him to the airport.If an analyst actually said this he should be fired.It would be the stupidest comment since Steven A Smith said a team should've kicked a FG on third down so if they missed,they could try again on 4th.Now maybe he meant a bad snap etc. but he didn't say it that way.If we can't afford Osi,how do we pay Abraham and a high pick?Who said this?Quoting a famous Dirty Harry scene,"I got's to know".

pica01
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Gmen,Abrahams not a better rusher than Osi.To me,a sack w/forced fumble is equal to 3 regular sacks and no pass rusher ever does that better or more often than Osi.Agree?

thomsoad
02-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Falcons get Osi

What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?I doubt this was on NFLN. .

Well I didnt make it up. And I was watching NFLN last night ... take it for what its worth

Ralph Brown
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Gmen,Abrahams not a better rusher than Osi.To me,a sack w/forced fumble is equal to 3 regular sacks and no pass rusher ever does that better or more often than Osi.Agree?</P>

The spacebar is your friend. Try it</P>

sharick88
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
he's a free agent plus he's constantly injured. Thanks, but no thanks

FourthAndOne
02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
My bad, I guess I assumed he was still under contract for the Falcons since this thread was about the Falcons trading him.

nygsb42champs
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Abraham does not have much left. I definetly would not do it for him and a 2nd rounder. I want us to keep Osi. He gives us a tremendous DE rotation.

TheEnigma
02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
The Falcons would be getting the raw end of the deal here. I'm not too sure that Osi would do well on another team without a decent pass rusher on the other side. Of course he would still get his sacks and pressures but they wouldn't be as frequent since he would be facing many more double teams and would tire out more often with more snaps.

Both teams are better off looking to the draft for pass rushers.

pica01
02-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Ralph,I'm not a big internet guy.Where and what is the space bar?I've spaced my posts but when they appear they're always one big paragraph.What am I doing wrong?Little help please.

burier
02-23-2012, 05:51 PM
So whoever said that should be fired or at least reprimanded.

It appears the trade isn't even possible and on top of that....it would be the definition of a trade rape with the Giants on top.

If JR gets a call from any team offering a 1 for a situational/oft injured pass rusher who's already got what...9 years in JR better do it pronto.

4th is realistic. Hate to break it to you. Especially with Al Davis gone.

pica01
02-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Thom,I'm not saying you made it up.Noone would make up something so rediculous.Maybe you misunderstood.If an analyst actually said this he should be fired,it's so stupid.

NYSPORTS
02-23-2012, 06:18 PM
1st and 2nd Yes - Loser Abraham, no

pica01
02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
You said it Burier.If push comes to shove we'll be fortunate to get a 3rd round pick.I'd really like to see a compromise keeping Osi here.Upgrade the last year remaining with a signing bonus on a two year deal.We really don't want to keep Osi beyond that longterm,but he really is a game changer we'de all like to have back.Something like 4 mil base next yr with a 3 mil signing bonus,5 mil the following yr with player option to void and go free agent.That way,Osi gets 7 mil next year which should make him happier and the 3 mil bonus spread over 2 years is a 1.5mill cap hit each year regardless.We're never gonna get equal value in a trade.And we won't give him the longterm deal he wants.This allows Osi to return next year,produce,and get the FA deal the next year.Just hoping there's a middle ground that both sides can accept.

GameTime
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
An analyst mentioned a trade between the Giants and the Falcons: Falcons get Osi We get 1st or 2nd round draft pick and John Abraham. Went on to mention that Abraham is in the twilight of his career and that a rotation would be perfect for Abraham so he can stay fresh. What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?</P>

Osi is 30....gets hurt often and is no where near worth a 1st pick. 3rd maybe IMO</P>

We can get depth better than JA....</P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
02-24-2012, 07:21 AM
An analyst mentioned a trade between the Giants and the Falcons: Falcons get Osi We get 1st or 2nd round draft pick and John Abraham. Went on to mention that Abraham is in the twilight of his career and that a rotation would be perfect for Abraham so he can stay fresh. What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?I doubt this was on NFLN. . Well I didnt make it up. And I was watching NFLN last night ... take it for what its worth</P>

You made it up</P>

CGBlue
02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
<FONT color=#000000>Abraham hasa height advantage and is known to be an honest guy, but I thought Lincoln died years ago........keep Osi.....( :</FONT></P>

Kruunch
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
An analyst mentioned a trade between the Giants and the Falcons: Falcons get Osi We get 1st or 2nd round draft pick and John Abraham. Went on to mention that Abraham is in the twilight of his career and that a rotation would be perfect for Abraham so he can stay fresh. What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?I doubt this was on NFLN. . Well I didnt make it up. And I was watching NFLN last night ... take it for what its worth</P>

You made it up</P>

This.

Abraham is a UFA and Osi was given permission to seek a trade for a first round pick at the beginning of the pre-season last year and there were no takers.

Atlanta offering a second round pick for Osi is a possibility, but I'd think they'd want to get substantially younger at that position.

Voldamort
02-24-2012, 10:17 AM

Falcons get Osi

What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham? how much money does Abraham make?

Voldamort
02-24-2012, 10:19 AM
the first round draft pick would be in 2013 didn't they trade there number one this year to the Browns for Julio Jones?

thomsoad
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM

You made it up</P>

I know I didnt simply becuz I know i am not that creative. :D

thomsoad
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM

You made it up</P>

Atlanta offering a second round pick for Osi is a possibility, but I'd think they'd want to get substantially younger at that position.

Id normally agree with you but seems to me Atlanta is more along the lines of a "win it all now" type mentality.

Morehead State
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
An analyst mentioned a trade between the Giants and the Falcons: Falcons get Osi We get 1st or 2nd round draft pick and John Abraham. Went on to mention that Abraham is in the twilight of his career and that a rotation would be perfect for Abraham so he can stay fresh. What do you guys think... trade Osi for a 1st round and Abraham?</P>

I really don't see us getting anything more than a 3rd round pick for Osi.</P>

A high pick AND John Abraham? That seems like a fantasy to me. I don't think we would get a high pick OR John Abraham.</P>