PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Shockey back????

sharick88
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
We need a tight end and he is available. Would you be cool with bringing him back? I'd be glad to have him back as a back up.

Spedracer
02-23-2012, 04:52 PM
After hearing what Toomer said about him lately, I'd say no thanks.

Btw, he said he would constantly ride Eli in the huddle about not getting the ball to him enough.

GmenFan1980
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
As a back-up? no. I'm fine if he want to be our water boy though :D.

gmen46
02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
We need a tight end and he is available. Would you be cool with bringing him back? I'd be glad to have him back as a back up.

http://youtu.be/xoMgnJDXd3k

burier
02-23-2012, 04:55 PM
we need to move on from players who used to be on the team. Especially players who left on bad terms.

Unless Shockey did a lot of growing up he's going to be pain in the *** when he doesn't see the field, doesn't get the ball thrown to him, doesn't get interviewed after games.

There's a bunch of guys that bring What shockey brings to the table at this point so why invite the headache?

sharick88
02-23-2012, 04:56 PM

LMMFAO

sharick88
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
we need to move on from players who used to be on the team. Especially players who left on bad terms.

Unless Shockey did a lot of growing up he's going to be pain in the *** when he doesn't see the field, doesn't get the ball thrown to him, doesn't get interviewed after games.

There's a bunch of guys that bring What shockey brings to the table at this point so why invite the headache?
There are way less "me" guys on the team now than there was before. He was a model citizen in NO and Carolina. Like I said, I think he would be a legit back up.

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Do you really see that happening?

titwio
02-23-2012, 05:07 PM
The Giants need a TE but bringing in an old broke down one I don't want.

I'd prefer the Giants acquire one through the draft.

pica01
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
No.God no.Not for free.

sharick88
02-23-2012, 05:14 PM

You never know with our team. IMO, no chance in hell it will happen, but I wouldn't object if it did.

nygsb42champs
02-23-2012, 05:15 PM
It depends on what typr of attitude he would have. If he is still going to be a thorn in Eli's side no way but if he shuts up and go with the plan then yes I would take him back.

TheEnigma
02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Depends. How much is he paying us to come back to the team?

Tuckit91
02-23-2012, 05:19 PM

I agree 100%

Diamondring
02-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Players get old and it seems that a lot of posters don't know this.

Giants10Joe
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
There are way less "me" guys on the team now than there was before. He was a model citizen in NO and Carolina. Like I said, I think he would be a legit back up.

Model citizen, huh? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Some-members-of-Saints-organization-hate-Shock?urn=nfl-121001)

JesseJames
02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm sure there are a few TEs out there who are available in FA who can play as good as Shockey can and are a few years younger and cheaper...

coachjdc
02-23-2012, 06:32 PM
ahhhhhh, NO

GameTime
02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
**** no....
doesnt deserve to be on this "TEAM"...
I emphasize "TEAM" because thats what he knows the least about and he cant be taught now...
**** em'

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM

You never know with our team. IMO, no chance in hell it will happen, but I wouldn't object if it did.

What do you think he could bring to the table given our team make-up? By that I mean one for all and all for one

Down-lifer
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Only so I could see Manning ***** slap him!!!!

Eli TO Shockey
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM

cmon sharick...i expected better from you. lol.

No way in hell would i want this guy in our locker room. Hes a coward. he cried his way out of town. all out of envy and jealousy. He will never wear blue again.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:18 PM
lolshockey

Harooni
02-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Injuries would be my concern. Or I'd welcome him back. We need a pass catching TE

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2012, 08:28 PM

Model citizen, huh? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Some-members-of-Saints-organization-hate-Shock?urn=nfl-121001)

This is the Shockey that we all know. Won't change....

jomo
02-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Why would we be interested in an aging, often injured, self absorbed tight end?

Harooni
02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Why would we be interested in an aging, often injured, self absorbed tight end? well we do have two te's in the hospital.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Injuries would be my concern. ...and his alcoholism, age and Shockey first attitude

JMFP2
02-23-2012, 08:36 PM
No, I wouldn't take Shockey back.....he andPlaxico bothhad that "**** you" attitude that I hated.</P>

Harooni
02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Injuries would be my concern. ...and his alcoholism, age and Shockey first attitude
don't be bitter that he threw his hands up at Eli. Someone had to do it.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
don't be bitter that he threw his hands up at Eli. Someone had to do it.kid has been great once he left the huddle though eh?

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-23-2012, 09:14 PM

I was about to answer yes I would give him another shot , then i saw ^this article. I say Hells NO! Now I can order my Cruz nameplate for my old S*****Y jersey with a smile on my face!!

GameTime
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
don't be bitter that he threw his hands up at Eli. Someone had to do it.</P>

maybe you don't"get" the conceprt of "team" that the coaches and organization have been trying to foster and were successful with this past season. Shockey is "anti team". He plays for himself....just like your other love...Tiki. Selfish from the getgo. Very good players but very ****ty attitudes. On Tiki's best days he did more for himself than anybody else. Just ask him....he'll tell you...</P>

You want to ditch Rolle for Landry and would take Shockey back if he could stay healthy.</P>

Man...with all due respect you would suck as a GM.....</P>

</P>

JMFP2
02-23-2012, 10:25 PM
don't be bitter that he threw his hands up at Eli. Someone had to do it.</P>

It would have carried more weight if Shockey actually practiced with his QB in the offseason, instead of hanging around at "The U".</P>

Contrast Shockey withVictor Cruz.....the right attitude makes all the difference.</P>

</P>

</P>

swimeasy
02-23-2012, 10:27 PM
And another chapter in the drama begins..........

<h1>Hurney, Rivera differ on Shockey’s future</h1>
<div class="byline">

<div rel="dc:creator">
<div>
<p id="byline">

3 hours, 54 minutes ago</p>

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Panthers coach Ron Rivera says <span class="ysp-player">Jeremy Shockey (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5900/)</span> has
considered retiring and that is news to Carolina’s general manager.</p>

Marty Hurney says, “We’ve gotten no indication that Jeremy’s considering
retirement at this point,” adding that, “it’s ultimately a question for Jeremy
but all indications we are getting is that he wants to play.”</p>

<div id="sidebar">

</div>

That contradicts what Rivera said earlier Thursday at the NFL Scouting
Combine in Indianapolis. Rivera created a stir when he said Shockey had talked
about the possibility of retiring after the 2011 season.</p><p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1330049773290_412">Shockey, an unrestricted free agent, is one of the few question marks the
Panthers have entering the offseason.</p>

Shockey’s agent Drew Rosenhaus did not return phone calls seeking comment.</p>

Shockey signed a one-year, $4 million in 2011.</p>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Alyq9FvZCaO4bhuSjCgguQTsYNAF?slug=ap-panthers-shockey
</p>

</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>

C1010
02-24-2012, 12:23 AM
After hearing what Toomer said about him lately, I'd say no thanks.

Btw, he said he would constantly ride Eli in the huddle about not getting the ball to him enough.

x2 on this.

Its a shame, he could never stay healthy or stay classy.

BurnerNYG
02-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Nah screw Shockey. I got his jersey still in my closet but seeing him get yelled at on the sidelines by Drew Brees and putting his hands up in the air when Newton over threw him on a pass makes me believe that he's still the same old character. I'll pass.

stormin normand
02-24-2012, 03:19 AM

Best reply ever bar none

THE_New_York_Giants
02-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Not like he would play a full season if we did sign him. He's always hurt.

GMENAGAIN
02-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes I think that it would be a great idea to bring back an old, overrated, injury-prone player who has been hated by every team he has been on.

SweetZombieJesus
02-24-2012, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't take him to hand out gatorade on the sidelines, if he paid the team to do it.

SweetZombieJesus
02-24-2012, 07:37 AM

On top of that he was declining on the Saints several years ago.

Can we please move on from Plax, Tiki, Shockey, just stop looking backwards at over-the-hill malcontents?

SweetZombieJesus
02-24-2012, 07:41 AM
don't be bitter that he threw his hands up at Eli. Someone had to do it.

Someone had to do this, too

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1296/1377930593_a465a914ae_o.gif

buddy33
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Absolutely not. He is past his prime, always injured, was a headache while he was here, and he is thinking about retirement.

I won't say never, but I don't think you will see Smith or Burress either. Those ships have sailed. The Giants have a chance to possibly draft a stud TE at the end of the 1st round. Fresh legs and better attitude is the way to go.

burier
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM

On top of that he was declining on the Saints several years ago.*

Can we please move on from Plax, Tiki, Shockey, just stop looking backwards at over-the-hill malcontents?

I know some people didnt want Tiki, Plax, Shockey to go and they have never gotten over it....But that's what Madden is for. Go put those guys on the team in the video game and leave it alone.

Shockey was one of my favorite players but I can't condone his behavior, I can't explain away his age and I can't apologize for his injury-prone-ness

Flip Empty
02-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Good god, I can't believe this question even needs to be asked.

Voldamort
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
We need a tight end and he is available. Would you be cool with bringing him back? I'd be glad to have him back as a back up. just don't see this guy having anything left?

Toadofsteel
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM

On top of that he was declining on the Saints several years ago.*

I know some people didnt want Tiki, Plax, Shockey to go and they have never gotten over it....But that's what Madden is for. Go put those guys on the team in the video game and leave it alone.

Shockey was one of my favorite players but I can't condone his behavior, I can't explain away his age and I can't apologize for his injury-prone-ness

I guess some people want a team that has more "sparkling" personalities and less super bowl wins...

TrueBlue@NYC
02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Guy was booted from here, N.O. got rid of him the first chance they got. He couldn't even start with Greg Olsen ( a player the Bears literally couldn't give away) and he's a complete tool. </P>

So no, I'd rather go through the draft or sign a much less heralded guy that's a blocker. </P>

hungrrrry
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
We need a tight end and he is available. Would you be cool with bringing him back? I'd be glad to have him back as a back up.Abso-****ing-lutely not!!! That P.O.S. has no place on this team....I wouldn't want him here if it put us $5 million under the cap!</P>

</P>

Gmen2005
02-24-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.downfallguild.org/sites/www.downfallguild.org/files/images/1241311768176.gif

n420p69
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Probably not Shar I think he wore out his welcome here with his questioning of the coaching staff after losses. He is also far too injury prone.

JesseJames
02-24-2012, 05:51 PM
this is just my opinion but I always felt that Shockey had a very bad effect on Eli in the huddle and effected Eli's play during the game by busting him for the ball all the time and showing his dislike for the play or the throw. I also feel that Eli's development as a leader has dramatically improved since Shockey left, so I say an emphatic NO to Shockey..

TheEnigma
02-24-2012, 06:00 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/163/032/Abandon+thread+gorilla+READ+DESCRIPTION+OK+EVERYON E+JUST+READ+THIS_b3bd49_1584652.gif

JimC
02-24-2012, 06:02 PM

I guess there's not much to talk about.