PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS DENY BUCCANEERS REQUEST TO INTERVIEW KEVIN GILBRIDE. JR. FOR QB COACH

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
GIANTS DENY BUCCANEERS REQUEST TO INTERVIEW KEVIN GILBRIDE. JR. FOR QB COACH (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_deny_buccaneers_request.html)

"The Buccaneers asked to speak to Kevin Gilbride, Jr., about their vacant
quarterbacks coach position, but the Giants denied them permission, according to
a source with knowledge of the request.<div class="entry-content">

The Giants have already lost two offensive assistants since their Super Bowl
win -- quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan became the Tampa Bay offensive
coordinator, and assistant offensive line coach Jack Bicknell, Jr., left to be
the Chiefs' offensive line coach -- so the team didn't want to get pillaged.</p>

The Giants still need to replace both Sullivan and Bicknell, Jr.</p>

It is unclear if Gilbride, Jr., who has been with the staff the past two
seasons, is a candidate to become the Giants' quarterbacks coach. Gilbride, Jr.,
coached receivers at Temple for three years, so it is possible the Giants could
move receivers coach Sean Ryan to quarterbacks coach -- a switch Sullivan had
made -- and then promote Gilbride, Jr., from quality control to receivers
coach."</p></div>

bansaw
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
we must have some good coaches

way better than a couple years back when we were firing them

swimeasy
02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
GIANTS DENY BUCCANEERS REQUEST TO INTERVIEW KEVIN GILBRIDE. JR. FOR QB COACH (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_deny_buccaneers_request.html)

quarterbacks coach position, but the Giants denied them permission, according to

the Chiefs' offensive line coach -- so the team didn't want to get pillaged.</p>

seasons, is a candidate to become the Giants' quarterbacks coach. Gilbride, Jr.,
coach."</p></div>

Thanks for posting Roanoke. Glad Giants denied this request. They were gracious enough to allow the Bucs to interview with Sullivan (and supportive of internal coaches' promotional opportunities) when other teams were denying the Bucs access apparently due the Bucs' history of this practice themselves. So, the Giants take the high road and the Bucs try to take advantage of the Giants' good will.

As Sullivan is now with the Bucs and they wanted a look at Gilbride Jr. then he may very well be up for Giants qb coach. It would be logical that the recommendation came from Sullivan himself and that would bode well for Eli's qb coaching continuity.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Deny?? I'd not only send him I'd also send them a muffin basket.

M0rbid
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
They might as well just rename the team.... Tampa Bay Giants.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Deny?? I'd not only send him I'd also send them a muffin basket.you dont like having good young coaches on the team?

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
we must have some good coaches

way better than a couple years back when we were firing them

I was just thinking about that.

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Harooni, clean your lenses, this is JUNIOR, not SENIOR. [;)]

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM

coach."</p></div>

Thanks for posting Roanoke. Glad Giants denied this request. They were gracious enough to allow the Bucs to interview with Sullivan (and supportive of internal coaches' promotional opportunities) when other teams were denying the Bucs access apparently due the Bucs' history of this practice themselves. So, the Giants take the high road and the Bucs try to take advantage of the Giants' good will.

As Sullivan is now with the Bucs and they wanted a look at Gilbride Jr. then he may very well be up for Giants qb coach. It would be logical that the recommendation came from Sullivan himself and that would bode well for Eli's qb coaching continuity.

The GIANTS are true believers in consistency and aren't about to let their coaches leave en masse.

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM

coach."</p></div>

The GIANTS are true believers in consistency and aren't about to let their coaches leave en masse.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM

*Harooni, clean your lenses, this is JUNIOR, not SENIOR. [;)]
ohh doh

Anyway I was joking gilbride at times annoys me with the shotgun draw stuff. But he is successful and a proven winner.

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Harooni, clean your lenses, this is JUNIOR, not SENIOR. [;)]
ohh doh

Anyway I was joking gilbride at times annoys me with the shotgun draw stuff. But he is successful and a proven winner.

We've not had a losing season on his watch, I believe.

swimeasy
02-23-2012, 07:29 PM

coach."</p></div>

Exactly. I'm actually liking that this occurred as I think coaching was in the Eli difference equation for 2011. If Gilbride Jr had an opportunity to work along with Sullivan, then the qb coaching position transition could be relatively seamless.[:D]