Who is in? He is due to be a FA.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
blown achilles 2 years in a row and refused surgery for some new age treatment

he's probably slower than James Butler now

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb288/jtodoy/killdozer.gif

gmen0820
02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
If he is healthy and cheap(er), then sure.

But Rolle should just restructure. He's a great vocal leader, and provides flexibility.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:43 PM
plus he'll probably fail his next drug test, see his pictures?

gmen0820
02-23-2012, 08:44 PM
plus he'll probably fail his next drug test, see his pictures?
If he's clean, incredible.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/dc-sports-bog/StandingArt/landrygiant0212.jpg?uuid=yzo4gF5BEeGaOCcdGz7-jw

guess thats what happens when your legs cant be worked

Harooni
02-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Still I think it could work. He seems in great shape

Drez
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
If he is healthy and cheap(er), then sure. But Rolle should just restructure. He's a great vocal leader, and provides flexibility.</P>

Restructuring Rolle again without actually making him take a paycut will only compound our cap problems later while also making it more expensive to cut him if we really need to... It'd also make his contract pretty much untradeable.</P>

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Still I think it could work. He seems in great shapegreat shape except for his achilles lol

them arms wont do **** in the NFL if you cant run haha

Harooni
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/dc-sports-bog/StandingArt/landrygiant0212.jpg?uuid=yzo4gF5BEeGaOCcdGz7-jw

. WOW. We need Him badly!!! Kp and him would be amazing.

bansaw
02-23-2012, 08:53 PM
looks like him and Jacobs going to be tag team partners in the WCW

Harooni
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
looks like him and Jacobs going to be tag team partners in the WCW
lol

You don't know how his heel is I'm sure it's fine with all the supplements he is taking. ;)

GIANTfaninFL
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Wrong again Harooni

Nice pecs, bis and tris dont equal a good player.

Put the lotion away

Harooni
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Wrong again Harooni

Put the lotion away so you are saying he isn't a good player? Stop being homers

bansaw
02-23-2012, 09:14 PM
bleacherreport but http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057624-laron-landry-sets-the-record-straight-about-his-surgery-and-being-a-redskin (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057624-laron-landry-sets-the-record-straight-about-his-surgery-and-being-a-redskin)

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 09:32 PM

This could be one of those "be careful what you wish for." Rolle was playing everywhere but the position they brought him in for for most of the season. I believe he was the lead tackler and, more importantly, was the team's conscience when it needed one. He's a huge part of the ALL-IN mentality that saw the team through the playoffs. I'm not sure we'd be making the right move to release him.

Does cutting him relieve us of his entire salary? Probably not.

GameTime
02-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Who is in? He is due to be a FA.</P>

why....???</P>

Rolle will restructure...(IMO) has proven to be a leader and had seen the TC way work.</P>

</P>

JMFP2
02-23-2012, 10:15 PM

why....???</P>

Rolle will restructure...(IMO) has proven to be a leader and had seen the TC way work.</P>

</P>

</P>

Agreed. Rolle has settled into the defense. No need to bring in an FA that will need to be acclimated to the team, etc.</P>

I'd like Reese to focus on keeping the guys we have, adding an FA here or there, and otherwise working through the draft to bring young guys on board.</P>

Drez
02-23-2012, 10:49 PM

why....???</P>

</P>

</P>

Rolle has already restructured. Restructuring again will only make his cap numbers even worse after this season. It just doesn't make sense for him to restructure, unless you are suggesting that he actually take a pay cut.</P>

Strahan4gov
02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Bring him in and convert him to LB..

The NFL has changed - putting a safety at LB to be able to drop into coverage and hit those tight ends that weigh 225 and run receiver routes is exactly what might fix the 6k passing yards a year on the horizon.

Drystt
02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Bring him in only to replace Grant. Rolle stays hate it or love it.

GIANTfaninFL
02-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Wrong again Harooni

Put the lotion away so you are saying he isn't a good player? Stop being homers
Thats exactly what im saying

Voldamort
02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
could happen he has a ring?

JJC7301
02-23-2012, 11:26 PM
No thanks. I'll keep Rolle.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 11:37 PM

no we would get hit with a 6mill cap penalty but we would be free of his huge cap hit in years to come.

TheEnigma
02-23-2012, 11:39 PM

LANDRY SMASH!!!

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 11:41 PM

no we would get hit with a 6mill cap penalty but we would be free of his huge cap hit in years to come.

When we might be better able to absorb it? I think he's still a quality player and from a team chemistry perspective we might be better off with him on the field and in the locker room.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 11:42 PM
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/laron-landry.jpg

Harooni
02-23-2012, 11:43 PM

When we might be better able to absorb it? I think he's still a quality player and from a team chemistry perspective we might be better off with him on the field and in the locker room.

it would still free up 3mill this season as his cap hit is 9mill.

TheBookOfEli
02-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Landry got shooked when Jacobs plowed him over in week 1 of 08.

Guess that sparked him to get bigger.

TheEnigma
02-23-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/laron-landry.jpg

"Underneath this well chiseled exterior, I secretly watch Lifetime network movies and enjoy my daily dose of Oprah."

Harooni
02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Landry got shooked when Jacobs plowed him over in week 1 of 08.

Guess that sparked him to get bigger.

i bet it did. but it showed it bothered him. i like that.

RoanokeFan
02-23-2012, 11:49 PM

it would still free up 3mill this season as his cap hit is 9mill.

Maybe restructuring is in the wind? He provides leadership we sorely need.

pica01
02-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Again, I'm not a cap expert but when Rolle renegotiated last yr I would think the Giant's committed themselves to keeping him.To cut him now would excellerate whatever salary he renegotiated last yr into a signing bonus all into this years cap.What were the terms of last years restructuring?He has a big cap # this year but I would think Reese planned ahead in that regard.

Harooni
02-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Again, I'm not a cap expert but when Rolle renegotiated last yr I would think the Giant's committed themselves to keeping him.To cut him now would excellerate whatever salary he renegotiated last yr into a signing bonus all into this years cap.What were the terms of last years restructuring?He has a big cap # this year but I would think Reese planned ahead in that regard.
his cap number is 9mill if he is cut we get zapped with 6mill penalty save 3mill this season and free of his contract for 2013 and beyond.

i just cant justify him worth 9mill in cap space

Harooni
02-24-2012, 12:03 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LlvmdU08wb0/TG78gD5KlbI/AAAAAAAAAk4/_qSP0eNgMFY/s1600/photo+%282%29.jpg

RoanokeFan
02-24-2012, 12:04 AM

The problem with us fans is we focus on this player or that player without considering what and who else impacts each and every personnel decision. We see the CAP as an impediment when I think Reese just sees it as a challenge in the normal course of business.

If past is prologue, we may well have most of the pieces we need heading into the new season. Just players who return from IR is a boost over last season.

pica01
02-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Rolle at 10 mil against the cap next year can't happen.What's the cap hit if he's cut.Can we restructure him again.I ask this to our capoligists out there.

pica01
02-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Harooni-so if he's cut we do actually save 3 mill cap wise?Well then,he's gonna have to restructure at a much cheaper price to stay.See Bansaw,unlike Big Ben's restructuring that accelerated the money he gets,Rolle will restructure at less money or probably get released.Is that simple enough for even you to understand?

Harooni
02-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Harooni-so if he's cut we do actually save 3 mill cap wise?Well then,he's gonna have to restructure at a much cheaper price to stay.See Bansaw,unlike Big Ben's restructuring that accelerated the money he gets,Rolle will restructure at less money or probably get released.Is that simple enough for even you to understand?

yes we can save 3mill but of course would then need a safety. but imo its worth to do it now.

Rolle while coming on good toward the end of the season isnt worth 9-10mill. no way , so why put it off.

i cant see him taking a paycut since he has the giants by the balls and can get FA money and signing bonus again if cut.

Drez
02-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Rolle at 10 mil against the cap next year can't happen.What's the cap hit if he's cut.Can we restructure him again.I ask this to our capoligists out there.</P>

If we cut him this year, the cap hit is $6m.</P>

Unless we want to add years to his contract or ask him to take a straight up pay cut, restructuring will only cause his cap number to increase in future years.</P>

C1010
02-24-2012, 12:20 AM
No, hopefully next year we can see Rolle restructure and actually play his natural position. I think he is doing a heck of a job playing out of position.

Harooni
02-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Rolle at 10 mil against the cap next year can't happen.What's the cap hit if he's cut.Can we restructure him again.I ask this to our capoligists out there.</p>

If we cut him this year, the cap hit is $6m.</p>

Unless we want to add years to his contract or ask him to take a straight up pay cut, restructuring will only cause his cap number to increase in future years.</p>

right and we still save 3mill this season and the best part is we dont have to deal with his 10mill in cap space next season.

bansaw
02-24-2012, 12:28 AM
haha the lonely old fat guy has a crush on me

Drez
02-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Rolle at 10 mil against the cap next year can't happen.What's the cap hit if he's cut.Can we restructure him again.I ask this to our capoligists out there.</P>

If we cut him this year, the cap hit is $6m.</P>

Unless we want to add years to his contract or ask him to take a straight up pay cut, restructuring will only cause his cap number to increase in future years.</P>

right and we still save 3mill this season and the best part is we dont have to deal with his 10mill in cap space next season.
</P>

But, we lose a quality player that was willing to play in several different spots to help the team in addition to being a good locker room guy and leader. Landry is oft injured and overrated as a player. </P>

Harooni
02-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Rolle at 10 mil against the cap next year can't happen.What's the cap hit if he's cut.Can we restructure him again.I ask this to our capoligists out there.</p>

If we cut him this year, the cap hit is $6m.</p>

Unless we want to add years to his contract or ask him to take a straight up pay cut, restructuring will only cause his cap number to increase in future years.</p>

</p>

But, we lose a quality player that was willing to play in several different spots to help the team in addition to being a good locker room guy and leader. Landry is oft injured and overrated as a player. </p>
yes we lose him obviously,but he simply isnt worth 9-10mill. and we dont have to pick up landry its just what i would like .

plenty of safety FA's out there.

G-Men Surg.
02-24-2012, 12:57 AM
blown achilles 2 years in a row and refused surgery for some new age treatment

he's probably slower than James Butler now

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb288/jtodoy/killdozer.gif

LOL ! Ouch .

SweetZombieJesus
02-24-2012, 07:46 AM

This could be one of those "be careful what you wish for." Rolle was playing everywhere but the position they brought him in for for most of the season. I believe he was the lead tackler and, more importantly, was the team's conscience when it needed one. He's a huge part of the ALL-IN mentality that saw the team through the playoffs. I'm not sure we'd be making the right move to release him.

This. We just got this guy to buy in after almost 3 years of turmoil and people want to ship him out and bring in guys like Jeremy Shockey. Unbelievable!

nygsb42champs
02-24-2012, 09:09 AM
No thanks. He is to injured for my liking.

Snappinnecks
02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Laron Landry gets beat on the double move ALL THE DAMN TIME!!! If you watch OUR games you'd know that! How about we let Rolle play the position he's supposed to play before we start talking trade shall we??

Harooni
02-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Ok so I guess everyone is cool with paying him 19 mill the next two years. I bet if we lost to the boys you all would call him a big mouth who has a hard time wrapping up.

Not saying he isn't good but come on.

Itlan
02-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Hahaha, Landry.

The dude will never run again, since he's the Incredible Hulk up top and a dolly princess below. What a waste of talent.

GameTime
02-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok so I guess everyone is cool with paying him 19 mill the next two years. I bet <FONT color=#000080 size=5>if </FONT>we lost to the boys you all would call him a big mouth who has a hard time wrapping up. Not saying he isn't good but come on.</P>

yeah....but they didnt lose.....</P>

</P>

Harooni
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Hahaha, Landry.

The dude will never run again, since he's the Incredible Hulk up top and a dolly princess below. What a waste of talent. I don't get how fans know how heeled he is. If he passes a physical that's all I'm concerned with. If he doesn't then obviously we look somewhere else plenty of safety FA's this season.

Joe Morrison
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Everyone seems to forget that Rolle was a Pro Bowl Safety and since coming to the Giants has played everywhere but Safety due to injuries.</P>

Hopefully the GMEN sure up their corner problems and Rolle can get back to where he belongs and be the ball hawking hit man they went out and got.</P>

How soon they forget.</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I agree that his cap number over the next couple of seasons is huge, but we have so many other options in creating cap space that I don't see why we'd cut him this year. </P>

I'm not sure the 3mil in cap space we get this season would be worth it. We'd end up paying that same amount just to replace him with a guy that's not likely as good or as flexible at the position. </P>

They'd be better off, IMO weathering the storm this year, bring in another young guys to learn, and THEN next year you look at making a move where you'd free up much more cap space. </P>

Giants Of New Jersey
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Rolle was a Pro Bowl Safety and since coming to the Giants has played everywhere but Safety due to injuries.</P>

Hopefully the GMEN sure up their corner problems and Rolle can get back to where he belongs and be the ball hawking hit man they went out and got.</P>

+111111111111111111

Flip Empty
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM

Yep. He will show his worth next season, as will Baas.

GiantPride27
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Well since we play alot of 3 safety sets. if he comes at a decent price he can replace grant.

hungrrrry
02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Who is in? He is due to be a FA.I like Rolle on this team and believe he is still an impact player...I think things will be a lot different in 2012...it was timultuous in the secondary at best and alot of guys had bad games. Rolle was playing a different position for most of the year.</P>

I dont see any upside with Landry even though I was hoping the Giants would have drafted him in 2007 (I believe it was)...with his achillis concern, it is a big fat no!</P>