PDA

View Full Version : Philips out for atleast 2 weeks

egyptian420
12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
This really sucks big time. I'm going to assume the worst and say 3 weeks or even 4 until he's playing 100% and taking all the snaps, so we probably will have to get to the playoffs without Philips being on the field for most of the time.....How do you guys see this turning out?

I personally think this is a huge blow to our D because I really don't want Grant out there taking all snaps at S. He's utterly slow.

nygsb42champs
12-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Another injury that we can not afford.

Pakman
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
I know im going to sound like a **** for saying this, but I hope all those fans saying that he sucked are looking forward to our defense without him.

I hope Sash can replace him because like the OP said Grant is S...L....O...............W

They say 2 weeks...so that means we will most likely see him Wildcard game (if we make it) or next season (if we don't).

Harooni
12-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I thought the DB's struggled without him big time.

GiantFanatic55
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM

+1

Itlan
12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Philips is one of the best deep-ball safeties in the game. Say what you want, but RARELY have deep bombs ever gone over Kenny's head. The only bomb I can remember this year is to Fitz, and that's when he teabagged Deon Grant.

TroyArcher
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
This really sucks big time. I'm going to assume the worst and say 3 weeks or even 4 until he's playing 100% and taking all the snaps, so we probably will have to get to the playoffs without Philips being on the field for most of the time.....How do you guys see this turning out?

I personally think this is a huge blow to our D because I really don't want Grant out there taking all snaps at S. He's utterly slow.

No surprise here. This team can't make it through a game without losing another player or two. These injuries are too much.

Gianthunter
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Next man up. Over the top one more time boys.

egyptian420
12-05-2011, 06:51 PM

<font color="#FF0000">Don't worry, Blackmon will fill the void at DB</font>

Gianthunter
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM

<FONT color=#ff0000>Don't worry, Blackmon will fill the void at DB</FONT>
Ummmmmmmm the whole friggin backfield is a cluster **** no matter who's back there. But I digress 3-man rushs will do that.

gmen0820
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Well this sucks..

nygfan0816
12-05-2011, 07:09 PM
they could have rolle play more of the deep safety kp played and have sash play more towards the line where rolle usually plays.

G4L
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
they could have rolle play more of the deep safety kp played and have sash play more towards the line where rolle usually plays.</P>

That may be the best option. Rolle was a ball hawking safety in 'Zona, maybe get back to some of that playing deep here. And I believe Sash may be more suited to playing close to the line of scrimmage. What knee was it that KP injured? The sameone he hadthe microfracture surgery on?</P>

juice33s
12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Forgive my ignorance b/c I've been condemed from society for 3 months, but is KP even good. Going by his previous 3 years I don't see this as much of a loss....Infact I'm excited to see more of Sash

lawl
12-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Forgive my ignorance b/c I've been condemed from society for 3 months, but is KP even good. Going by his previous 3 years I don't see this as much of a loss....Infact I'm excited to see more of Sash
</P>

You never really see a ball get caught behind KP</P>

barran21
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Romo's gonna look like Rodgers Sunday...

juice33s
12-05-2011, 08:18 PM
</p>

You never really see a ball get caught behind KP</p>
Has he been making more plays in coverage this season? In the past I always felt he was a step slow and not much of an impact player

lawl
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
</P>

You never really see a ball get caught behind KP</P>

Has he been making more plays in coverage this season? In the past I always felt he was a step slow and not much of an impact player
</P>

He's handed out a few big hits. </P>

I think his role for the rest of his career will be a guy that you can rely on to keep everything in front him. Not devaluing that by any means, the safeties in 09 surely couldn't do that, and with the way the league is becoming, a safety that the corners can rely on to be there is very important.</P>

NYGiants2120
12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
This really hurts and i think our D is only gonna get torched even more...

TrueBlue10
12-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Damn. Just when we get Boley and Blackburn and I was starting to feel a bit better about the defense... (granted, still looked pretty bad Sunday but that was against Green Bay).

egyptian420
12-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Damn. Just when we get Boley and Blackburn and I was starting to feel a bit better about the defense... (granted, still looked pretty bad Sunday but that was against Green Bay).

Well he was out in the 2nd quarter, I think in the 3rd and 4th quarter we didn't play tooooo too bad....hopefully Grant/Sash could help

rainierjef
12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
just cause he's not picking balls left and right doesn't mean he's a horrible safety. the safeties primary job is to back up what the corners let get past them and prevent the big play on the back end KP does this well but gets no credit for it by the media or the FANS!

buddy33
12-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Well I don't think, or at least I hope, Dallas will have the offensive power that Green Bay did and so maybe Prince won't get fatigued again. That can possibly help as I think he has bees good in his limited action. Play Rolle deep and Sash up. Actually Sash looks like he has a nose for the ball. They said even in college he just always seemed to be around the ball.

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
With KP out the run defense has taken a big hit. Look for that kid in Dallas to carve out some rushing yardage.

burier
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
all you guys who have been Jocking Sash here is his chance to back up your talk