PDA

View Full Version : Will Tampa try to sign Manningham now?

Warchild
02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Since it looks like bye all means Manningham will not be resigned and Sullivan the new Offensive Coordinator, do you think Tampa becomes involved in trying to sign Manningham?

Voldamort
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
yes they have a ton of cap space left maybe 60 million to spend big time cash!

MikeIsaGiant
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Wow, to be honest I could see Manningham in a Tampa jersey, and especially with their cap space I can see it happening.

Next man up, let's go Jernigan/Thomas/hopefully Hixon?/Barden

Flip Empty
02-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Yep, very possible. And Tampa does seem to like ex Giants... Ike Hilliard, Derrick Ward, Matt Bryant, Luke Pettigout...

gmen0820
02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
That'd be stupid to overpay for Mario.

Tampa should go for VJax, or Colston. Probably 4 mil per year more than Manningham, but VJax is a true #1, vertical threat and red zone threat. Couple that with fact that Freeman has a live arm, and it's scary.

Colston allows them to weaken a division foe and strengthen their own squad.

TrueBlue@NYC
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Rio makes pretty good sense for them given who their OC is. He, Williams and Winslow would make a nice trio of targets.

swimeasy
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Some Bucs fans are definitely seeing it as a natural choice with Sullivan there. BTW, an interesting comment from several Bucs fans regarding their request to talk to Gilbride Jr about their qb coach position. They sided with the Giants and thought it was rude for Bucs to ask to talk with him after they hired Sullivan. Pretty classy.

BJacobs aka The Problem
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Meh, let him go to Trampa Bay. I've always been a huge Manningham fan, but right now he's a #3 option at WR that makes a lot of mental mistakes in games and still has route running issues.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a great receiver and with a good QB, has the ability to tear it up, but if he wants to go for more money or to be a #1 or #2 option, I say more power to him.

Do I think he could possibly have a better career in NYC, yeah. Manning throwing you the ball is a heck of a lot better then Freeman throwing you the ball. But then again, more snaps means more opportunities and he'll get that somewhere else.

nygsb42champs
02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I am sure they will look at him.

MikeIsaGiant
02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
We play TB next year no?

Imagine Rio in Tampa lighting us up...

buffyblue
02-25-2012, 11:27 AM
We play TB next year no?

Imagine Rio in Tampa lighting us up...

Mario Manningham came through in the SuperBowl but it seems folks are forgetting his issues throughout the year. The two biggest are screwing up his routes and dropping passes. Quite a few times he dropped TDs.

Mario Manningham is not going to remain a NY Giant unless he is going to take much less than another team is willing to give him. He is going to ride his SuperBowl success to a bigger and fatter payday. I say good for him and wish him luck.

greenca190
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I've had the feeling rio would be leavin for Tampa since last off season. Tampa needs a wide out, has a lot of money, and under the new cba, need to spend said money.

jomo
02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
That'd be stupid to overpay for Mario. Tampa should go for VJax, or Colston. Probably 4 mil per year more than Manningham, but VJax is a true #1, vertical threat and red zone threat. Couple that with fact that Freeman has a live arm, and it's scary. Colston allows them to weaken a division foe and strengthen their own squad.I don't think it's stupid at all for our competition to overpay their players.We're all competing within a fixed pool of salaries and every time someone overpays it is a win for us. Right? [;)]