PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one happy with the LB crew?

KillaRich
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I admit before the season i was like oh ****...thats the biggest weakness...but after the season i dont see it...i just dont agree with spending money or drafting a LB high

I dont think we are GREAT..but with the Fewell defense we dont have too....Boley has been GREAT...and blackburn played the pierce role awesome this year.... maybe not athletically but i believe his presence improves the defense..... rotate him/goff at MLB what else do we need??? on the other side we have Kiwi....he was solid ....and that position isnt used much with fewell....then we have Depth.... herz,williams,jones.......all who were rookies....we dont need anymore youngins...let them climb up the ladder....

If we dont resign grant i think safety #3 becomes a bigger issue...

In terms of draft..even though we have an explosive offense...i like taking fleener at TE with #32.... especially with MM hitting free agency.....Eli is in his absolute prime....get him his targets....fleener/ballard by the middle of the season will be a nice 2 TE attack...plus extra blocking for Eli is always a positive......

Then the biggest issue is the Offensive line....besides his big butt on shotgun i think boothe is the deserving starting center.....but thats not happening lets hope Baas improves.... Kmac is gone...switch the lineup ...put deihl where he is best at... i would like too see petrus get a shot..... and will beatty be the real thing ??? idk

Spedracer
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm with you. Despite it being a really good LB class, unless someone great falls to the giants I think they should stock up at other positions of need. OL, DB primarily.

LB is still a need but I do believe they have some good ones on the roster that deserve a shot.

wolfie
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
For what its worth, I agree with you on the LBs and just about everything else. I thought at the beginning of the season that Williams was going to be great and he was.And I really liked what the other LBs were doing, but it does take time and I think the potential and talent is there and we need to let them play.</P>

My first choice in the draft would be TE and I love Fleener. After that, its OL and then best player available. </P>

myles2424
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Regardless, our average MLB is fresh off IR & one of our DEs is being forced to play SLB....adding another LB is a must

KillaRich
02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
For what its worth, I agree with you on the LBs and just about everything else. I thought at the beginning of the season that Williams was going to be great and he was.*And I really liked what the other LBs were doing, but it does take time and I think the potential and talent is there and we need to let them play.</P>

My first choice in the draft would be TE and I love Fleener. After that, its OL and then best player available. </P>

Yea I want fleener...Eli will most likely lose a big target in MM...but if Fleener is serious...Manning will have another target in a different position that wont be restricted to being behind 2 all pro wr's ahead of him....plus he could be a safety net for Eli....idk i just think getting a TE and having 2 decent-great TE's will just make Eli way too deadly...... Big play QB with the option to dink and dunk like Brady....Just too many positives

KillaRich
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Regardless, our average MLB is fresh off IR & one of our DEs is being forced to play SLB....adding another LB is a must

well this is where i disagree....yea goff is off an injury but like i said blackburn played the pierce role nicely.... keep blackburn and bring goff in slowly..... and kiwi did solid...i do agree hes more of a DE....but thats a nice problem too have....and we still have j.will who did good in his rookie year...i dont want too bury the rooks just yet...

OL is a must.... not LB ...not even close

G-Man67
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Boley is very good, Kiwi needs to be a starter, so LB allows us to accomplish that and he is great vs. the run and when used on the D-line he gives us yet another solid pass rusher&lt;P&gt;</P>

Goff showed some good progress last year, so if he can pick up where he left off, we may have a solid ILB&lt;P&gt;</P>

J. Williams showed good progress at LB playing in obvious passing downs&lt;P&gt;</P>

we should be able to keep Blackburn on the team fairly cheap&lt;P&gt;</P>

we are certain to draft antother and we still have younger LBs we are trying to develop&lt;P&gt;</P>

having said all that, if we decided to bring in a veteran guy that is great in the locker room and in the defensive huddle ... well, i certainly wouldn't complain ... in the NFL if you are not moving forward, then you are moving backwards</P>

TroyArcher
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson. Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them. He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year.

myles2424
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson.* Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them.* He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year.* why do you expect osi to leave? Nobodys going to offer a trade that's worth it, he's still under contract, & if the giants reworked his deal he could actually get what he wants & his cap hit this year could even be less than it would be normally

TroyArcher
02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson. Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them. He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year. why do you expect osi to leave? Nobodys going to offer a trade that's worth it, he's still under contract, &amp; if the giants reworked his deal he could actually get what he wants &amp; his cap hit this year could even be less than it would be normally</P>

</P>

I hope you are right. It would be nice to keep them in tact.</P>

myles2424
02-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I would like to see a LB that can rush the passer (LT light) as I expect Osi will leave and the D-line will be hard pressed to repeat what they did the last part of the saeson.* Offensive Right Tackle has to be addressed as this team goes only as far as Eli's arm will carry them.* He can't take the hits that KMac was giving up at the end of the year.* why do you expect osi to leave? Nobodys going to offer a trade that's worth it, he's still under contract, & if the giants reworked his deal he could actually get what he wants & his cap hit this year could even be less than it would be normally</P>

*</P>

I hope you are right.* It would be nice to keep them in tact.</P> id bet on Osi coming back.....reese knows giving up a probowl DE isn't worth whatever reasonable trade that's out there, unless Ofcourse some team gets crazy

thomsoad
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Its probably not our biggest need. But im not exactly happy with our LB crew either tho. OL for me is a higher priority.

Mercury
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
TE is easily the weakest area of our team right now. Especially with Ballard and Beckum likely on the PUP to start the next season. Second to that, I think most of us agree that the running game needs to be fixed, and that starts with the Oline getting better.

When you look at defense, LB is the first spot that looks like it needs upgrading. The problem is that no one stands out as being an excellent MLB. Though Chase was a lot better than I ever thought he could be and in my opinion deserves a new contract. Goff, if resigned, is coming off of a serious injury. Herzlich and Jones are pretty raw. Herzlich looked better than Jones before spraining his ankle.

And then you got the crew that doesn't like Kiwi at LB. I am not among them. Sintim has been unimpressive and often injured. Even if you like Kiwi here, we could sure use an upgrade here for his backup.

burier
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Our linebackers ARE GARBAGE!

Boley is the only real linebacker and he played out his mind last season. If he can't keep that up we're toast.

lawl
02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I could care less who our linebackers are. Sign goff and call it a day.

bearbryant
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
We have one of the weakest LB corps in the league. Because of it we need to go to these creative alignments, a lot of nickle and dime, or a 2 LB set that makes our run D weak.
Get a LB or 2 on the roster who can play the position totally!

dave56dj
02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I love the inufsion of young talent and it seems as though the Giants were very impressed with williams (obviously since he saw quite a bit of the field) but Herzlich and Paysinger too. While it's not as HOT as it was in the preseason to like Spencer Paysinger this is a rookie who was practicing with the first team when boley was hurt. They obviously think highly of him too. I think Herzlich is gonna develop into a 2 down linebacker stuffing the run primarily.

Chase brought a lot of stability to the MLB spot last year as it was clear Jones just wasn't ready - an interestingly enough I think Paysinger Herzlich and J will are all actually thought higher of then jones. Still if the giants bring back goff we may know a little more of what they think about MLB spot. Or it may just be competition for cheap as Goff is coming off injury and was turning into a nice run stuffer.

In the end if the giants have an LB higher on their board at 32 - you can count on him being drafter rather then fleener or anyone else - GIANTS WAY.

egyptian420
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
And then when Brees is shredding us to pieces (usually down the middle and to his TE's), who will we blame for it?

I'm not saying the LB's we have are terrible, but in all honesty, when I see a pass down the middle or a screen I'm almost cringing because I know we're about to get gashed....and I'm sick of it.

Obviously guys like Willis are hard to come by, but can you imagine if we drafted the next Jon Beason or Jerod Mayo?....I can't imagine too many people that would rather the status quo over a long term Beast playing LB. I'm not saying we should reach for one, but if there's a quality LB there for us, I would be more than happy to spend our 1st on him.

jomo
02-24-2012, 07:50 PM
I can't say I am happy; maybe ambivalent. It is hard to argue for an upgrade given our SB run with the group excluding Goff when greater needs exist at OL, CB and RB.

RoanokeFan
02-24-2012, 07:54 PM
I can't say I am happy; maybe ambivalent. It is hard to argue for an upgrade given our SB run with the group excluding Goff when greater needs exist at OL, CB and RB.

I've always wished I could write with either hand [;)]

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Regardless, our average MLB is fresh off IR &amp; one of our DEs is being forced to play SLB....adding another LB is a must well this is where i disagree....yea goff is off an injury but like i said blackburn played the pierce role nicely.... keep blackburn and bring goff in slowly..... and kiwi did solid...i do agree hes more of a DE....but thats a nice problem too have....and we still have j.will who did good in his rookie year...i dont want too bury the rooks just yet... OL is a must.... not LB ...not even closeYou must not have been around during LT's time, along with Pepper Johnson, Reasons, Banks, and Carson. Yes we have great DE's, but back then we had the BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW. Our Giants had the most feared LB's in the history of the NFL. They could rush, fall into coverage and just make a QB piss his pants. You are underating a great LB's presence on the field. I</P>

I agree with getting some new O line guys but a solid LB crew is what we need. Kiwanuka,Boley and ?. I would love if Blackburn stayed and hope he does. If this LB crew can mold together and do the things our secondary did this season after they started "after hours" study then I will TOTALLY agree that a LB is not a priority.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM

I've always wished I could write with either hand [;)]
That would be ambidextrious RO!

B&RWarrior
02-24-2012, 11:21 PM
I want a run stopping DT more than I want a LB. Having said that Blackburn nor Goff will be the answer at MLB. Goff was slow before the ACL, but serviceable. He'll be even slower coming off an ACL. Kiwi is a liability in coverage.

I want a 3 down LB to man the middle with sideline to sideline speed. Ive been spoiled with great LB play for most of my life. These past couple of years have been hard on me. LOL

JJC7301
02-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm with you. Despite it being a really good LB class, unless someone great falls to the giants I think they should stock up at other positions of need. OL, DB primarily.

LB is still a need but I do believe they have some good ones on the roster that deserve a shot.
+1. I'm satisfied enough to focus on other areas. Boley was great this year, Kiwi was solid and I DON'T want him moved back to DE, and Goff / Blackburn are fine at mike. Depth is nice with J.Will and Herz.

I'll take an upgrade at mike if it is a serious upgrade, but I'd rather focus on other areas.

lawl
02-25-2012, 04:49 AM
And then when Brees is shredding us to pieces (usually down the middle and to his TE's), who will we blame for it?

I'm not saying the LB's we have are terrible, but in all honesty, when I see a pass down the middle or a screen I'm almost cringing because I know we're about to get gashed....and I'm sick of it.

Obviously guys like Willis are hard to come by, but can you imagine if we drafted the next Jon Beason or Jerod Mayo?....I can't imagine too many people that would rather the status quo over a long term Beast playing LB. I'm not saying we should reach for one, but if there's a quality LB there for us, I would be more than happy to spend our 1st on him.

Even patrick Willis was getting eaten up by Jimmy Graham.... Nothing You can do about it besides take linebackers off the field

giantyankee1976
02-25-2012, 10:39 AM
to be honest this is the best we've had in at least 7 seasons.

Boley, Goff, J-Will, Greg J., Kiwi, Chase

Fence:
Herzlich, Paysinger, DeOssie

Dislike:
Sintim

Unknown:
Tracy

In my opinion I wish to have a Playmaker at LB, to me Boley and Kiwi are our playmakers, but I would love to have, well, LT re-imagined.