PDA

View Full Version : Giants jersey curse

Harooni
12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
As soon as I buy a giants jersey that player leaves or retires at the end of that season [:(]

Sehorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

I have no current player Jersey in my closet.

Anyone else have this curse going on?

I almost got a BJ jersey but im scared he will leave :(

Gmen2005
12-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Please buy a fewell jersey

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 04:41 PM
As soon as I buy a giants jersey that player leaves or retires at the end of that season [:(]

Seahorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

</P>

Have a (bought in this order)</P>

Shockey - Pierce - Tuck - Jacobs - Manning - and Bradshaw so Im doing ok, for now.Think this season is the last I'll get out of the Jacobs jersey. </P>

JPP is next... then Nicks or Cruz.</P>

Harooni
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Seahorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

</p>

Have a (bought in this order)</p>

Shockey - Pierce - Tuck - Jacobs - Manning - and Bradshaw so Im doing ok, for now.Think this season is the last I'll get out of the Jacobs jersey. </p>

JPP is next... then Nicks or Cruz.</p>

yes forgot i have a shockey, i got 2 years out of.

im thinking of buying an Eli jersey next year [;)]

bleedinblue27
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM

LMAO!!! he dont wear a jersey... silly goose!! lol!!

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I got a Tuck Player name and # Tee in August. Whoops.
Last year I got a Hakeem Nicks and Eli manning player name and # shirt and Away and Home Jersey of Eli - Hakeem injured a bit and eli threw 25 picks.

I am more cursed on the starting qb on my fantasy team. Last year I had Eli manning. This year it was Philip Rivers.

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Seahorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

</P>

Have a (bought in this order)</P>

Shockey - Pierce - Tuck - Jacobs - Manning - and Bradshaw so Im doing ok, for now.Think this season is the last I'll get out of the Jacobs jersey. </P>

JPP is next... then Nicks or Cruz.</P>

yes forgot i have a shockey, i got 2 years out of.

im thinking of buying an Eli jersey next year [;)]
</P>

</P>

Uh-oh. With that record you may be the equivalent of the Madden Curse around here. </P>

Harooni
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM

lol

what i should have done was get a tollefson jersey last year but i hesitated as he was an UFA i thought someone would throw money at him.

GMENAGAIN
12-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I have a feeling that a BJ jersey would come in handy for you even if Jacobs leaves . . . . .

Harooni
12-05-2011, 05:02 PM
I have a feeling that a BJ jersey would come in handy for you even if Jacobs leaves . . . . .

[:O]

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Shockey
Tiki

-Got strahan jersey after he retired-
Then I got the Eli one, so im at 66% rate.

Roosevelt
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Seahorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

Sehorn, Tiki and Boss.

I have Manning and Jacobs, but I'll never by an active player again. For now on only throwbacks.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Ditto

Harooni
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Seahorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

Sehorn, Tiki and Boss.

I have Manning and Jacobs, but I'll never by an active player again. For now on only throwbacks.

yeah it seems we all take that risk. but with FA and teams throwing big $$ at avg or above avg players its a pig and a poke now.

ps- how did i spell sehorn wrong., he was my fav player for a long time.

Harooni
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Seahorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

Sehorn, Tiki and Boss.

yeah it seems we all take that risk. but with FA and teams throwing big $$ at avg or above avg players its a pig and a poke now.

ps- how did i spell sehorn wrong., he was my fav player for a long time.

TroyArcher
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Sehorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

I have no current player Jersey in my closet.*

I have all but Warner. I also have Eli, Tuck, Bavaro and LT. So no real curse for me.

ShakeNBake
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
I have
Sehorn
Tiki
Shockey
Smith
and this year I got Tuck......not buying anymore for awhile

TopleyBird
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
I've got a Strahan and a Nicks. Between my family who are all Giants fans and all of whom own Giants jerseys there is not one Eli.

EJ Blue
12-05-2011, 11:25 PM
After watching football for almost 4 years now I don't think I'll ever buy a jersey. Guys just leave after free agency. The business part outweighs the pride.

and anytime I wear my Giants T-shirt they lose. If I get a jersey, they may very well go 0-16.

bansaw
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
going to finally get myself a Bradshaw....even if he goes I got my last name on the back [;)]

EJ Blue
12-05-2011, 11:35 PM
going to finally get myself a Bradshaw....even if he goes I got my last name on the back [;)]

Is that you Terry?

Harooni
12-06-2011, 02:24 AM
After watching football for almost 4 years now I don't think I'll ever buy a jersey. Guys just leave after free agency. The business part outweighs the pride.

and anytime I wear my Giants T-shirt they lose. If I get a jersey, they may very well go 0-16.

haha

better not

throw backs are a good idea rosie pointed out, wanted a Bravaro or a jumbo for a while. Never caught one at a good price though.

oh and lets not talk about my Reyes t shirts and jerseys . http://forums.ratedesi.com/images/smilies/cryingsmiley.gif

bansaw
12-06-2011, 02:53 AM
you're going with a Buddy Ryan gif as your sig? Really?

"they were evil incarnate, especially Buddy Ryan. I ... I ... I dreamed of murdering him.
because he was an *******, he was a Bad person...."

good job Harooni, good job

jparmer
12-06-2011, 06:00 AM
I am cursed as well...

Wheatly
Shockey
Currently jacobs

Hoping to get tuck, JPP or bradshaw next year

SweetZombieJesus
12-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Can you buy a Coughlin jersey ASAP?

(Imagine if coaches in NFL/NBA/NHL wore uniforms like MLB managers do).

I have Tuck, Strahan, Osi, Eli, LT, Simms. I think from now on I'm waiting until the guy finishes out his career and as a Giant. Too much free agency and flame-outs like Osi.

I really like JPP and Cruz right now but who knows what will happen in 3 years. Look at Steve Smith.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM

Sehorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

My streak was

Sehorn
Tiki
Shockey

I stopped after Shockey. I've been wanting to get a Kiwi and Jacobs jersey, but I've been holding off, lol.

SIMMS5611
12-06-2011, 08:29 AM
I have 3 in rotation...a home #70 Huff, an away #44 Carthon, and a throwback home #14 Tittle. I wear one, regardless of home, or away, until there's a loss, then it goes back into the rotation. </P>

BTW, I also have a home #80 Shockey, but until I have his name removed, and Cruz added, that bad boy will stay out of my line-up....</P>

burier
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM

this made me laugh

smashndash715
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Sehorn
Strahan
Tiki
Warner
Boss

had a tiki..he retired..bought a plax and about a week later he shot himself..bought a phillips right before he went out for the season and has never really been the same..so yea..i have a little curse 2

yatitle
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM

</P>

Not my last name but that's why I got myself a Boss jersey
</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM

</P>

Not my last name but that's why I got myself a Boss jersey*
</P>

LOL okay Boss!