PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Mitch Petrus deserves a shot at being a starter?

GiantRutgersFan
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I think he deserves a shot at competing with Boothe for the guard spot

I actually like this kid a lot and think he can be real good if given the opportunity

Vtgmenfan89
02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
100%. Reminds me of a young Richie Seubert, strong as an ox and a total clown on the sideline. Would inject youth and energy into the O-line on a regular basis, two things it really needs. I like Boothe too but I personally prefer Petrus

Firenugget
02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Right now? Absolutely not. His pass blocking is just plain bad. However during the offseason/camp/etc...These things will work themselves out and if he's showing that he deserves a shot, they'll give him one. I guess to but it blunt, what we think has no bearing on it at all.

Voldamort
02-25-2012, 05:48 PM
100%. Reminds me of a young Richie Seubert, strong as an ox and a total clown on the sideline. Would inject youth and energy into the O-line on a regular basis, two things it really needs. I like Boothe too but I personally prefer Petrus ALL IN GIVE THE KID A SHOT,we know what they have in Boothe.

BlueBlitzer
02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Coach Flaherty will have this kid starter material. No doubt. ( Please no Madonna jokes )

Giants10Joe
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM
They'll do what they do in every training camp for almost every position. You have to earn your starting job. If Petrus outplays Boothe, he'll get the start.

gmen0820
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Kid has the most heart on the team. I think he will be our LG next year, or at the very least, really push Boothe for the spot.

FBomb
02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
They'll do what they do in every training camp for almost every position. You have to earn your starting job. If Petrus outplays Boothe, he'll get the start.
</P>

^^this</P>

firstgamein49
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Interested to see what Brewer brings to the table! Been a lot of comments about the Oline, but not many about Brewer. Interesting.

jhamburg
02-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Interested to see what Brewer brings to the table! Been a lot of comments about the Oline, but not many about Brewer. Interesting.

What is there to comment on? We know nothing about him lol. Hopefully he will have a good camp and be ready to contribute.

Bohemian
02-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Well said, I also agree. I think that the OLine is completely open for competition. I would love to see our young linemen be able to knock off the vets, and you know that Coughlin is looking for that as well. You can definitely sense an air of transition with the team. I really feel that this past year was one where we witnessed veterans making the of it by getting that championship. Next year will be when we start restocking talent and potential for future rings.

JJC7301
02-26-2012, 01:29 AM
If Petrus can beat out Boothe, then fine. One thing I know -- I do not want Diehl or Beatty starting next year.

G.I. Ants
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
I do believe JR will draft OL in this draft for depth. There seems to be some good depth in this draft for OL. Getting critical reps late this year was vital for Petrus. He does have room for improvement but he showed flashes.
Mckenzie IMHO is done;
Snee has regressed;
Diehl played his best at LT;
Beaty's was inconsistent b4 the injury but he's young;
Boothe was amazing 4 this team because of his versatility;
Baas had a rough rough year and was a disappointment in my eyes.

GiantsInTheNFCEast
02-26-2012, 01:49 PM
I think he deserves a shot at competing with Boothe for the guard spot*

I actually like this kid a lot and think he can be real good if given the opportunity

Can the kid pass block? We know what he can do with the run. Also i would agree with competing with Booth, not because he is (Petrus) is better but because Booth would be more valuable coming off the bench at any position on the line

nhpgiantsfan
02-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Boothe is the future at LG. He was our best lineman this year. Just because Petrus has tha firey attitude that we all like doesn't make him good.

hungrrrry
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
YES

bearbryant
02-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd like to see a few guys get a shot at starting next season. lets admit it. We need some new blood on the O line!