PDA

View Full Version : Sean spence & Lavonte David

myles2424
02-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Why haven't these guys got more hype around these parts?
I think they'll both be beasts in the league,they both seem like early/mid 2nds both I'd assume gone by our 2nd rounder....

Spence 5'11 231 & David 6'1 233, not the ideal 6'2+ but I don't see it as a huge deal, others have overcame the size issue and became monsters....both could use a few lbs putting them in the 235-240 range, but that's not the hard part.....

Finding a 3 down fast,athletic LB is something we could definitely use....

NewYorkSwagg
02-25-2012, 09:03 PM
I Don't know because if you think about it a lot of these players coming back next year because Goff, also bring blackburn back and the rookies with Mathias as well. Goff and Blackburn will sign low contracts because they won't go any where else and make big bucks so why not stay here in N.Y.

myles2424
02-25-2012, 09:11 PM
I Don't know because if you think about it a lot of these players coming back next year because Goff, also bring blackburn back and the rookies with Mathias as well. Goff and Blackburn will sign low contracts because they won't go any where else and make big bucks so why not stay here in N.Y. goff is a average LB that everyone was waiting to break out & then got hurt.....Kiwi is a DE.....Williams & boley, no complaints...
Being realistic,Jones, Sintim, herzlich,paysinger all have to earn their spots, none of these guys have done anything to be put in that category like bringing in competition is not necessary....
And Blackburn still has to prove hes worth a spot & not just a guy that filled in a few games...

Neverend
02-26-2012, 03:53 PM
It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger

myles2424
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger 6'1 isn't that bad, he's 233, if he were 235-240, as crazy it sounds he'd get more respect....lol it's a mental thing

myles2424
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger 6'1 isn't that bad, he's 233, if he were 235-240, as crazy it sounds he'd get more respect....lol it's a mental thing

Neverend
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM

Yeah, came to the combine bigger than expected.

BluGiantPies
02-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Yeah, came to the combine bigger than expected.

I agree David is a missle. Also he's from the same community college as jpp and jaquian Williams. That team must a been something else defensivley.

BlueSanta
02-27-2012, 03:23 AM
I like Spence, but I think his size is an issue. At the senior bowl people marveled at how ripped he was, but they also said if they didnt know better they would have thought he was a defensive back. I think his 12 bench reps support the thought that maybe he lacks the strength needed to play inside. Since he is 5'11 he will have an issue playing outside because teams would love to have him over a TE.

I loved watching him vs FSU this year as both he and Nigel Bradham showed their wares in that game.

But his size/strength is an issue.

flimflam
02-27-2012, 07:33 AM
I think they'll both be beasts in the league,they both seem like early/mid 2nds both I'd assume gone by our 2nd rounder....

Spence 5'11 231 & David 6'1 233, not the ideal 6'2+ but I don't see it as a huge deal, others have overcame the size issue and became monsters....both could use a few lbs putting them in the 235-240 range, but that's not the hard part.....

Finding a 3 down fast,athletic LB is something we could definitely use....

The problem is that all of our linebackers outside of Blackburn and Goff are outside linebackers like these guys.

We need a thumper who can shed blocks in the middle.

Redeyejedi
02-27-2012, 08:19 AM

Finding a 3 down fast,athletic LB is something we could definitely use....Because there both Will LB's and the Giants have 2 good ones in Boley and Williams.I like David a lot but I dont know where he fits on this team. Spence im not as high on he just is nowhere near physical enough.He is more team specific then David

Redeyejedi
02-27-2012, 08:30 AM
It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger Not the same type of player. Those guys are physical and can get off blocks inside. David really doesnt measure up athletically to the elite WLB's that go high on draft day. Not that he isnt a great FB player but thats why he doesnt get the same love. If he has a great combine today though Im sure his name will be bounced around a lot more

Neverend
02-27-2012, 02:58 PM
It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger Not the same type of player. Those guys are physical and can get off blocks inside. David really doesnt measure up athletically to the elite WLB's that go high on draft day. Not that he isnt a great FB player but thats why he doesnt get the same love. If he has a great combine today though Im sure his name will be bounced around a lot more

Yeah I know the three are all different. I'm just mainly talking about discussion and hype. Hightower and burfict probably have a chance of not going first round too

I think David is absolutely physical and a great athlete. Me, I think its because hes shaped as a safety hurts him. He also has trouble getting off blocks like you said (but, in contrast, the likes of keuchly burfict brown etc arent world beaters in that area as well). I believe he has sideline to sideline range, his iowa tape on your youtube channel shows he can keep up with wide receivers in coverage, and hes very explosive downhill. Maybe he doesn't have elite explosiveness like Burfict and zach brown, but its very good nonetheless. Well see how his combine goes

KennyPhillips21
02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
He lacks the strength to get off blocks but he has a nose for the football and always puts himself in great position, miami didnt have the best conditioning program/food nutrition under randy Shannon which is whyhe is still small but he packed on 10-20 lbs this last season under golden

critters
02-27-2012, 03:55 PM
I'd say there's no chance of Burflict going in the first. I'd be very surprised and super pissed if Hightower doesn't go in the 2nd round cause that would mean we had a chance at him and passed.

heavyhitter
02-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Like both of these guys- Spence obviously will get knocked for his size/strength, but you can't question the guys instincts/intellect. With that said, David > Spence

BluGiantPies
03-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Bump BC ohm youngmisuk just said the giants are interested in lavonte David on ESPN new york

Neverend
03-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Bump BC ohm youngmisuk just said the giants are interested in lavonte David on ESPN new york

I would be thrilled if true, im not crazy on the other names they like (randle, jones) reported thus far

Redeyejedi
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM

I would be thrilled if true, im not crazy on the other names they like (randle, jones) reported thus farI like David didnt think they would be interested . If they think he can play MLB awesome.

Wow how crazy would it be if they drafted another guy from Fort Scott

myles2424
03-10-2012, 01:29 PM

I would be thrilled if true, im not crazy on the other names they like (randle, jones) reported thus farI like David didnt think they would be interested . If they think he can play MLB awesome.

Wow how crazy would it be if they drafted another guy from Fort Scott lol

Neverend
03-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Wow how crazy would it be if they drafted another guy from Fort Scott

Yeah, he's not the greatest fit in the trenches. But I think the giants are open to upgrading positions like olb or offensive tackle in this draft even though they have young talent like brewer and jaquain williams. but we'll see

BluGiantPies
03-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Grab him and that left tackle yoshi hardrick from Nebraska and we got the whole fort Scott team. They should change there team name to the little giants. Does anyone think David could play mike. I'm not sure if he's good enough getting off blocks opinions anyone.