PDA

View Full Version : So I got off the redeye yesterday and a gigantic man is standing in front of me

BParcells777
02-25-2012, 09:42 PM
buying a bottle of water at 7AM in Newark Airport.

I thought I recognized him and said aloud "David how are you?"

His head spun around and I knew he must indeed be David Diehl. He smiled and we shook hands.

Nice guy, not as big as you might think, and had about a 34 inch waist (6 inches smaller than me and he must outweigh me by 30-40 lbs)

His fingers were quite nicked up and one broken as we shook hands and I congratulated him and told him I loved his Sirrus Radio show. Fnnnn Patriots must have stepped on his fingers.

I hope they leave David right where he is at LT and don't mess with success.

Voldamort
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
looks like he is going to RT?

BParcells777
02-25-2012, 10:00 PM
They seem to move him all over the place but when they leave him at LT we have most of our success

I can see after meeting him why he is so successful. He looks like a guy who can move like a cat for a such big guy

gmen0820
02-25-2012, 10:06 PM
He looks like a guy who can move like a cat for a such big guy
I'll have to meet him then because he looks as stiff as a board on Sundays.

BParcells777
02-25-2012, 10:17 PM

You dont say..........why dont you go root for the Jets and FO

Bohemian
02-25-2012, 10:52 PM

His head spun around and I knew he must indeed be David Diehl. He smiled and we shook hands.

Nice guy, not as big as you might think, and had about a 34 inch waist (6 inches smaller than me and he must outweigh me by 30-40 lbs)

His fingers were quite nicked up and one broken as we shook hands and I congratulated him and told him I loved his Sirrus Radio show. Fnnnn Patriots must have stepped on his fingers.

Great story. I think that he is the ultimate teammate, and I know that he will do whatever is asked of him, but I really think that we need an monster at LT. I would love to see him on the right side replacing McKenzie, who is also an admirable warrior, but is definitely in need of more time with the 2nd team on the sidelines. Diehl is an amazing asset to the team on and off the field.

myles2424
02-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I saw jerricho cotchery at jfk at few weeks ago

BParcells777
02-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Diehl reminds me of Blackburn........highly effective and highly under appreciated

Yes a DE occasionaly gets passed him, but name a LT that does not happen too....we tend to be over critical of our own players....be thankful you have a team that has two Lombardy's in 4 years

When you talk to Eagle and Dallas fans long enough they occasionally begrudgingly let slip how much they envy our team and personnel

BParcells777
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM

thats nice but he plays for the NY Junior Varsity LOL

tonyt830
02-26-2012, 12:54 AM

thats nice but he plays for the NY Junior Varsity LOL
played for the Jets, last season was in Pittsburgh.</P>

</P>

Great story on Diehl though---if Reese and TC think he can still contribute, but at a friendlier cap number, than he very well could be our left or right tackle next season.</P>

greenca190
02-26-2012, 01:22 AM

thats nice but he plays for the NY Junior Varsity* LOL

he's actually on the steelers now

Eli TO Shockey
02-26-2012, 02:57 AM
Did u let him know he was in the presence of greatness? Aka jakkstroud!!

egyptian420
02-26-2012, 03:04 AM

lol wow...now was that really necessary?

BParcells777
02-26-2012, 02:05 PM

No that would have sounded a bit weird no?

you think those guys really read this stuff?

miked1958
02-26-2012, 07:27 PM

His head spun around and I knew he must indeed be David Diehl.* He smiled and we shook hands.

His fingers were quite nicked up and one broken as we shook hands and I congratulated him and told him I loved his Sirrus Radio show.* Fnnnn Patriots must have stepped on his fingers.

Cool

DartLax 36
02-26-2012, 07:44 PM

His head spun around and I knew he must indeed be David Diehl.* He smiled and we shook hands.

His fingers were quite nicked up and one broken as we shook hands and I congratulated him and told him I loved his Sirrus Radio show.* Fnnnn Patriots must have stepped on his fingers.

There is no way that man has a 34 inch waist.

DartLax 36
02-26-2012, 07:47 PM

rainierjef
02-26-2012, 07:59 PM

roflmao

good story. i hope he moves over to RT i like him as a player but i personally would like some one with quicker feet at LT, if were going to be a passing threat offense.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
the new RT?

Eli TO Shockey
02-26-2012, 08:24 PM

No that would have sounded a bit weird no?

you think those guys really read this stuff?

maybe not everything. but your threads...I have no doubts!

Eli TO Shockey
02-26-2012, 08:25 PM

fo real. I wear a 32-34 and i weigh 210 LBS

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM

lol wow...now was that really necessary?
There sure are a lot of posters on here that get their panties in a bunch awfully easy roflmao.

GCGiant
02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
I think it is a tribute to Diehl that you recognized him. You could probably sprinkle in all of the starting linemen in the NFL into a Monday morning Ohare crowd and 95% of them would go unrecognized.

They would probably get some looks because of their size but putting a name to their faces would be difficult, IMO.