PDA

View Full Version : Blown SB call. Forgive if posted already.

mike kennedy
02-25-2012, 10:55 PM
I just seen this whole video so forgive me if it's been posted already. Or twice , etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxKx9758iYw&feature=related

g_menfan80
02-25-2012, 11:10 PM
If not for that horrendous call the blowout would've been on.

GmenFan1980
02-25-2012, 11:31 PM
http://mindsproutmarketing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/whoopsie-e1274765127891.jpg

Toadofsteel
02-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Whatever. We won... the refs can't take away our lombardi now.

GameTime
02-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Every call, every play, every decision, shapes the game. If that call is "not blown" then everything else changes. You can't isolate one play then assume what will happen or that will just be added to all other good things that did happen. Just sayin'

jomo
02-26-2012, 08:33 AM
I hadn't seen that. It's interesting to see the zebras actually second guessing themselves then getting it straight from Wilfork.</P>

Thanks</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-26-2012, 08:33 AM

It's a call that went against us.

Wilfork flopped and even admitted it to the ref afterwards.

GameTime
02-26-2012, 08:34 AM

</P>

I saw that a while back. It is cool to see stuff like that atfer the fact. But that call like all the others shaped the game for a Giants win....</P>

Joe Morrison
02-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I hadn't seen that. It's interesting to see the zebras actually second guessing themselves then getting it straight from Wilfork.</P>

Thanks</P>

</P>

Nice to see Wilfork let them know, he got to chuckle about it but like the old saying goes, the Zebras can call holding on every play if they want.</P>

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Whatever. We won... the refs can't take away our lombardi now. the boothe call was bad 3 non pass interference calls against the pat's were horrible the ref's kept the game close.

Flip Empty
02-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Every call, every play, every decision, shapes the game. If that call is "not blown" then everything else changes. You can't isolate one play then assume what will happen or that will just be added to all other good things that did happen. Just sayin'
Yeah, this. There are blown calls in every game. All that matters is the result.

Husky
02-26-2012, 11:27 AM
What I can't stand is calling a penalty on something that didn't happen. How can you call a penalty on something that you didn't see?

Toadofsteel
02-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Whatever. We won... the refs can't take away our lombardi now. the boothe call was bad 3 non pass interference calls against the pat's were horrible the ref's kept the game close.

You're complaining too much. Yeah it was bad. But we WON... has that not sunk in for you? The 2011 Giants are the best team ever, playing only 11 guys against 17 every week and STILL winning the championship...

NYGRealityCheck
02-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Wilfork flopped on his own, Boothe gets hit with a holding call, 10-yard penalty, and erased a Giants first down run. Giants had to punt shortly after that. Yup, we had it covered.

Giants won the Superbowl anyway. I can easily look past this. Wasn't the worst call against the Giants in the playoffs.

bflo23
02-26-2012, 12:35 PM
It was the worst call of the game and I immediately knew it when the play happened. This was a 10-14 point swing as the Giants were in at least FG range and probably would have scored a TD.... Instead they punted and Patriots scored a TD right before the end of half.

Giants really should have a blow out game if the refs made the correct calls with non-called pass interference and the flop.

NYCDBS
02-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Who knows what would have happened.... Yeah we were driving and a first down there would have put us in great position to put some points on the board but no one knows... We could have scored we could have also turned the ball over... In the end we won and we are world champions for the 4th time that's all that matters let's enjoy it!!!!

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 01:19 PM
If not for that horrendous call the blowout would've been on. wilfork is the man,boy was I pissed when they made that call,I even had a post about it,pretty sure it was removed? Goddel hates when I say they fix games!They removed all my post's on nfl.com!

RonJon
02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Who cares. Giants won the game anyway. Still laughing at the Pats fans who are whining that Wes Welker should have been named the Giants Super Bowl MVP. My answer to that one is that Manningham made the play he had to, Welker didnn't. So in that scenario, should MM have been named MVP?

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 11:09 AM
What I can't stand is calling a penalty on something that didn't happen. How can you call a penalty on something that you didn't see?

Great point. If you are not positive don't make the call.

nycisgreat
02-27-2012, 02:45 PM

I looked at that clip several times, but Vince Wilfork didn't flop. He lost his balance. The reference at the call right, but he let the umpire change his mind because he though he had the better view. You have to respect the fact that he told the refs the truth after the play over.