Spizi
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Ok I feel our real "needs" are at

1. TE
2. OL
3. RB
4. LB
5. S

With that said, I don't feel that any of the TEs are worth the 32nd pick and I just can't see Reese selecting an OL in the first round when they can be found much later.

Next comes RBs and outside of Richardson, no one really deserves a first round pick because they aren't very good blockers (something you NEED to play RB for the Giants)

As far as LBs, Kuechly is the only guy I see worth the 32nd pick and that's because he'll probably be gone by the top 20. However I have a weird feeling that Reese might go after Zach Brown just because he is an athletic FREAK and has some serious upside with the right coaching.

Safety is pretty easy; Barron or no one in the first.

Basically barring any crazy player dropping I have this feeling that with the 32nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
1.OL
2.TE
3.LB
4.S
5.CB
6.WR
7.RB

Spizi
02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
as of right now I'm faster than all of the TEs on our active roster (2 have torn ACLs :p) that is not good. at least we have some bodies at oline. What do you think will happen based on our needs and who will be there/bpa?

tonyt830
02-26-2012, 12:56 PM
spizi, I agree that the Giants top 2 needs would be OL and TE. But I also see mike backer and maybe CB being up there as well.</P>

</P>

You have 2 starters from 2010 that are coming back from ACL surgery, in Goff and Thomas. Actually our CB position was decimated with injuries, including Bruce Johnson, Tryon, Witherspoon and Coe.</P>

</P>

Now who knows what will happen definitively with Diehl and McKenzie. But I can see Reese looking at a OT in the draft. And as for TE, maybe that gets addressed in FA(once we get our cap number straight). But I can see a TE drafted as well. Will it be Fleener or Allen in the late 1st rd? Or will it be the next Tier of TEs somewhere between the 3rd and 5th? </P>

</P>

With all of that said, I would not be surprised if Reese went Mercilus or the best available DT at 32. The strength of our D is our front 4, so I would not be shocked at all.</P>

Spizi
02-26-2012, 01:21 PM
spizi, I agree that the Giants top 2 needs would be OL and TE.* But I also see mike backer and maybe CB being up there as well.</P>

*</P>

You have 2 starters from 2010 that are coming back from ACL surgery, in Goff and Thomas.* Actually our CB position was decimated with injuries, including Bruce Johnson, Tryon, Witherspoon and Coe.</P>

*</P>

Now who knows what will happen definitively with Diehl and McKenzie.* But I can see Reese looking at a OT in the draft.* And as for TE,* maybe that gets addressed in FA(once we get our cap number straight).* But I can see a TE drafted as well.* Will it be Fleener or Allen in the late 1st rd?* Or will it be the next Tier of TEs somewhere between the 3rd and 5th?* </P>

*</P>

With all of that said, I would not be surprised if Reese went Mercilus or the best available DT at 32.* The strength of our D is our front 4, so I would not be shocked at all.</P>

that's also what I was thinking. Since I can't see any of those positions worth the first round pick, I could see Reese taking a DE.