PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Reese

Antwuan
02-26-2012, 04:46 AM
Honestly what do you think about Jerry Reese?

NY_Eli
02-26-2012, 05:25 AM
He's great!

TheEnigma
02-26-2012, 05:31 AM
He likes the word "sexy".

G.I. Ants
02-26-2012, 07:11 AM
He's not in this to make popular or flashy decisions, he's in this to make the best team available to win.

Diamondring
02-26-2012, 07:24 AM
I think that if he keeps it up, he could be one of the best GMs around who is consistant. It amazes me that he has a lot of talent that when some of our best players got hurt, the backups came in to help out in a big way.

Cruz was real outstanding in his first preseason and now he was a big reason why the Giants got to the Superbowl.

Coach Carter
02-26-2012, 07:35 AM
I think that if he keeps it up, he could be one of the best GMs around who is consistant. It amazes me that he has a lot of talent that when some of our best players got hurt, the backups came in to help out in a big way.

Cruz was real outstanding in his first preseason and now he was a big reason why the Giants got to the Superbowl.

I like Reese because he isn't doing what the Colts did with their Manning, just surround the qb with weapons and ignore the defense. Reese is always building the defense, especially the pass rush.

Look at Rolle, he played safety for only two games this season, the other games he played corner, that is versatility.

Toadofsteel
02-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I may have once not liked him for making "boneheaded" decisions, but then all of a sudden things like signing JPP and letting SS12 go started looking a whole lot better in hindsight...

Incidentally, the main course is crow with a side of more crow.

bLuereverie
02-26-2012, 09:36 AM
He is what he is. He's a championship GM who's still made his share of mistakes, but he's assembled some incredibly talented teams, even in nonplayoff years.

jomo
02-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Anyone dealing with personnel decisions in any walk of life knows that it is an imperfect science. That said, JR makes very good decisions on talent when compared with his peers. He is a scout at his core.</P>

You can't judge aGM by one pick or a few picks or one free agent class. You have to judge him by his results over a longer period of time. We are getting to the point in his career where that type of evaluation in possible and the results speak for themselves, we have 2 SB trophies.</P>

Any fool can make a splashy free agent signing. Only a brilliant GM can juggle the salary cap to assemble the right mix that will deliver talent and chemistry to win championships. After 2007, I was encouraged but said it was too soon to make a complete call on JR.Four years later,Ican confidently say that I am happyto have him steering the ship for another couple of decades.</P>

Diamondring
02-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyone dealing with personnel decisions in any walk of life knows that it is an imperfect science. That said, JR makes very good decisions on talent when compared with his peers. He is a scout at his core.</P>

You can't judge a*GM by one pick or a few picks or one free agent class. You have to judge him by his results over a longer period of time. We are getting to the point in his career where that type of evaluation in possible and the results speak for themselves, we have 2 SB trophies.</P>

Any fool can make a splashy free agent signing. Only a brilliant GM can juggle the salary cap to assemble the right mix that will deliver talent and chemistry to win championships. After 2007, I was encouraged but said it was too soon to make a complete call on JR.*Four years later,*I*can confidently say that I am happy*to have him steering the ship for another couple of decades.</P>PREACH IT BROTHA GIANTS FAN MAN PREACH IT HARD AS HELL!!!

swimeasy
02-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Anyone dealing with personnel decisions in any walk of life knows that it is an imperfect science. That said, JR makes very good decisions on talent when compared with his peers. He is a scout at his core.</p>

You can't judge aGM by one pick or a few picks or one free agent class. You have to judge him by his results over a longer period of time. We are getting to the point in his career where that type of evaluation in possible and the results speak for themselves, we have 2 SB trophies.</p>

Any fool can make a splashy free agent signing. Only a brilliant GM can juggle the salary cap to assemble the right mix that will deliver talent and chemistry to win championships. After 2007, I was encouraged but said it was too soon to make a complete call on JR.Four years later,Ican confidently say that I am happyto have him steering the ship for another couple of decades.</p>

^^^^^^This! Well said jomo!

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 10:51 AM
solid never get's to high or low!! just what the Giants need!

NYSPORTS
02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Great GM and great scouting department yet gets ridiculed by the fickle continually.

If he goes BAP in round 1, guaranteed, somebody will complain he didn't pick a linebacker.