</div>
<div class="impact">
Scott's 2012 salary of $4.2 million is fully guaranteed, so
the odds are against the Jets releasing him. Newsday did report in
January that Scott won't be back, however. The Giants have a need at
middle linebacker and realize it. It sounds like they'll actively try
to fill the hole in free agency.
</div>

<div class="related">Related: Giants (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/nyg/giants)</div>
<div class="clearboth"> </div>
<div class="source">Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/TonyPauline/statuses/173626130698485760)</div>

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 10:24 AM
REALLY IT LOOKED LIKE HE LOST A STEP?

Bigbluefan1974
02-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Leave the Jets trash alone. Bart Scott sucks. I rather have Blackburn if that's the case.

Pakman
02-26-2012, 10:27 AM
REALLY IT LOOKED LIKE HE LOST A STEP?

MAYBE HE WOULD BE IN ON PASSING RUSHING SITUATIONS.

PLUS BLACKBURN IS ALREADY SLOW SO I DON'T THINK A SLOW BART SCOTT WOULD HURT.

Flip Empty
02-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT

Pakman
02-26-2012, 10:33 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT

BART SCOTT ...ALL HE DOES IS YELL.

FREE AGENCY COMING SOON?

CAN'T WAIT!!

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 10:41 AM
GREAT RUN DEFENDER, LIABILITY AGAINST THE PASS.

VETS MIN.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUTI was watching tv,didn't see it was all cap's sorry bro!

tripleaamin9
02-26-2012, 11:44 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TroyArcher
02-26-2012, 11:55 AM
No ex-Jets allowed, other than Weatherford

THE_New_York_Giants
02-26-2012, 12:00 PM
McKenzie was a Jet before he was a Giant..

tonyt830
02-26-2012, 12:18 PM
GREAT RUN DEFENDER, LIABILITY AGAINST THE PASS. VETS MIN.Agreed! </P>

</P>

But I think I would rather keep Blackburn and Goff, since they are not much different than Scott.</P>

Seducer
02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
GREAT RUN DEFENDER, LIABILITY AGAINST THE PASS. VETS MIN.Agreed! </p>

</p>

But I think I would rather keep Blackburn and Goff, since they are not much different than Scott.</p>

True. Bart Scott, Blackburn and Goff are pretty much equals. Psych. Bart might be on the backside of his career but he's better than those two.

SweetZombieJesus
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
This would have been great a few years ago. Not so sure about now...

blueomaha
02-26-2012, 01:56 PM
maybe we should wait[:)] before a decision is made..

G-Men Surg.
02-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I hope this report is wrong . Don't want him !

blueomaha
02-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I hope this report is wrong . Don't want him !+1...

Eli TO Shockey
02-26-2012, 04:27 PM
i wouldnt hesitate to bring him in. Too bad hes under contract on a different team. this source is bogus.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I hope this report is wrong . Don't want him !+1...
+2. Don't like him. He's a perfect Rex guy. And I don't think he's very good.

Too expensive to bring in FA's anyway. Concentrate on our own guys. If we're going to get a new LB, get him through the draft.

Don't mess with salary cap complications because of a LB. Especially a mediocre one.

Giants10Joe
02-27-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't know what to think about this. On one hand, we don't want Jets cast-offs. If he's not good enough for the Jets, he's definitely not good enough for us.
But on the other hand, the Jets are bad at personnel evaluation. If the Jets think he's no good, he must be good (see: Danny Woodhead) and if they think he's good, he must not be (see: Mark Sanchez).

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't know what to think about this. On one hand, we don't want Jets cast-offs. If he's not good enough for the Jets, he's definitely not good enough for us.
But on the other hand, the Jets are bad at personnel evaluation. If the Jets think he's no good, he must be good (see: Danny Woodhead) and if they think he's good, he must not be (see: Mark Sanchez).

I've got no problem signing a quality Jet (who wouldn't be happy with Revis or Mangold), but I just don't Scott is that good. I'd rather not spend the money on him -- he's not an upgrade, or at least not worth whatever it's going to take to sign him.

Firenugget
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Sounds like another band aid at LBer. I don't like it. Why the hell can't we find good LBers in the draft? Williams may turn out to be pretty good but other than him we've had NO luck at LB since Armstead. Kinda nutty when you think of all the great ones we've had in the past and now we can't find one lol.

Bavaro4Prez
02-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Leave the Jets trash alone. Bart Scott sucks. I rather have Blackburn if that's the case.

+1. What does it say when you'd rather have Blackburn over Bart Scott?

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Not sure I would want him. He did not look like he had much left last season.

Kruunch
02-27-2012, 08:08 AM
<div class="report">

According to SI.com's Tony Pauline, "word from the
Combine" is the Giants will have interest in ILB Bart Scott should the
Jets release him.</p>
</div>
<div class="impact">
</div>

<div class="related">Related: Giants (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/nyg/giants)</div>
<div class="source">Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/TonyPauline/statuses/173626130698485760)</div>

I seriously doubt Bart Scott is a Giant in 2012

Sarcasman
02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
<div class="report">

According to SI.com's Tony Pauline, "word from the
Combine" is the Giants will have interest in ILB Bart Scott should the
Jets release him.</p>
</div>
<div class="impact">
</div>

Yay, another washed up LB! Can't we just re-sign Pepper Johnson?

bgblucru5656
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
+1. he reminded me of feagles in the superbowl this year.

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I guess the question is what does he offer that we don't already have at LB? If they just want some depth, maybe. What always factors into these decisions are the people we already have; Goff, Kiwanuka, Boley, Blackburn, Jones, and Williams. If all are healthy, I think we're good to go unless the FO knows we're going to release one or more of them.

There is so much we don't know as fans.

yatitle
02-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I guess the question is what does he offer that we don't already have at LB?* If they just want some depth, maybe.* What always factors into these decisions are the people we already have; Goff, Kiwanuka, Boley, Blackburn, Jones, and Williams.* If all are healthy, I think we're good to go unless the FO knows we're going to release one or more of them.

If he is just depth that why would they want to bring in someone of his "character" to the locker room. Scott not "bad" guy but he is a strong personality who likes to talk. Not what the Giants need from someone who is Depth.

egyptian420
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
I really don't see this going down....that guy is the anti-Giant

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
I guess the question is what does he offer that we don't already have at LB? If they just want some depth, maybe. What always factors into these decisions are the people we already have; Goff, Kiwanuka, Boley, Blackburn, Jones, and Williams. If all are healthy, I think we're good to go unless the FO knows we're going to release one or more of them.

If he is just depth that why would they want to bring in someone of his "character" to the locker room. Scott not "bad" guy but he is a strong personality who likes to talk. Not what the Giants need from someone who is Depth.

Let's remember, this is a rumor from the media.

burier
02-27-2012, 12:28 PM
hahahah...

You guys are drunk if you think Bart Scott is the same a Chase Blackburn,

Goff is a closer comparison if we're talking Pre injury Goff.

But even then...Old Bart Scott is more likely to make more plays.

He's not at the top of my list but he'd be an upgrade.

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
hahahah...

You guys are drunk if you think Bart Scott is the same a Chase Blackburn,

Goff is a closer comparison if we're talking Pre injury Goff.

But even then...Old Bart Scott is more likely to make more plays.

He's not at the top of my list but he'd be an upgrade.

Who compared him to Chase?

burier
02-27-2012, 12:37 PM
GREAT RUN DEFENDER, LIABILITY AGAINST THE PASS. VETS MIN.Agreed!* </P>

*</P>

But I think I would rather keep Blackburn and Goff, since they are not much different than Scott.</P>

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM

</p>

But I think I would rather keep Blackburn and Goff, since they are not much different than Scott.</p>

In terms of continuity and team chemistry, I'd rather keep Goff an Blackburn as well.

Last season he played in all 16 games made 54 tackles, assisted in 12 and had 4.5 sacks.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

giantyankee1976
02-27-2012, 12:50 PM
if there is one sure intangible it would be his intensity and personality.

think : B. Jacobs on the Defensive side, loud-mouth but a potential fiery leader-type.

downside: worn treads on the tires and like someone said, not great vs the pass

radar-ray
02-27-2012, 12:53 PM
No to BS!!!

burier
02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
GREAT RUN DEFENDER, LIABILITY AGAINST THE PASS. VETS MIN.Agreed!* </p>

*</p>

In terms of continuity and team chemistry, I'd rather keep Goff an Blackburn as well.**

Last season he played in all 16 games made 54 tackles, assisted in 12 and had 4.5 sacks.*

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

What about the injury?

I don't know if Scott is the answer but I know that position needs an upgrade or at least a contingency plan.

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 01:12 PM

</p>

In terms of continuity and team chemistry, I'd rather keep Goff an Blackburn as well.

Last season he played in all 16 games made 54 tackles, assisted in 12 and had 4.5 sacks.

What about the injury?

I don't know if Scott is the answer but I know that position needs an upgrade or at least a contingency plan.

Goff is the starting MLB IF he's healthy. If he's close to healthy we have Blackburn to platoon with him for a year.

burier
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM

*</p>

In terms of continuity and team chemistry, I'd rather keep Goff an Blackburn as well.**

Last season he played in all 16 games made 54 tackles, assisted in 12 and had 4.5 sacks.*

What about the injury?

Goff is the starting MLB IF he's healthy.* If he's close to healthy we have Blackburn to platoon with him for a year.

Then we're in a bad way.

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 01:39 PM

</p>

What about the injury?

Goff is the starting MLB IF he's healthy. If he's close to healthy we have Blackburn to platoon with him for a year.

Then we're in a bad way.

Why is that?

bklyn1028
02-27-2012, 01:57 PM

*</p>

What about the injury?

Goff is the starting MLB IF he's healthy.* If he's close to healthy we have Blackburn to platoon with him for a year.

Then we're in a bad way.

We're in a bad way?? That doesn't make sense. Man, Blackburn played his heart out. He deserves a spot, and a SHOT at MLB. He is a no nonsense guy, Bart Scott is a thug from Jets nation. He's got a big mouth. Jints locker room doesn't need that sh*t. I think Chase deserves a roster spot, much more than Scott does.

Besides, he can tutor the rookies for the Wonderlic.

burier
02-27-2012, 02:11 PM

*</p>

What about the injury?

Then we're in a bad way.

We're in a bad way?? That doesn't make sense. Man, Blackburn played his heart out. He deserves a spot, and a SHOT at MLB. He is a no nonsense guy, Bart Scott is a thug from Jets nation. He's got a big mouth. Jints locker room doesn't need that sh*t. I think Chase deserves a roster spot, much more than Scott does.

You take the wonderlic before the draft.

Why do I keep hearing about people deserving spots and all this.

You wanna know who deserves a spot? THE BEST PLAYER.

I like Chase but he's never been able crack the starting line up for us unless we were desperate and we haven't been particularly strong at linebacker since Coughlin has been here.

I don't think we should rely on Chase as our starter.

And then you throw in the guy Goff whos coming off an ACL and it adds up to 'you better sign someone in FA.'

Not saying Scott is the guy but we need someone.

bklyn1028
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM

*</p>

What about the injury?

Then we're in a bad way.

I like Chase but he's never been able crack the starting line up for us unless we were desperate and we haven't been particularly strong at linebacker since Coughlin has been here.

And then you throw in the guy Goff whos coming off an ACL and it adds up to 'you better sign someone in FA.'

The Wonderlic was a joke, Chase is a math teacher. Where Reese found him when he got him back in Nov. I understand where you're coming from, but I am one who believes in giving someone who performed well for you a shot.

Joe Morrison
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Bart is 32 years old, played for Fat Boy most of his career, makes him more of a free lancer where the Giants have a more diciplined style of defense.</P>

nycisgreat
02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Leave the Jets trash alone.* Bart Scott sucks.* I rather have Blackburn if that's the case.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't mind having him if Chase is back next season. Chase deserves another shot with us. I can't wait to see what the FO does this off season.

tonyt830
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
GREAT RUN DEFENDER, LIABILITY AGAINST THE PASS. VETS MIN.Agreed! </P>

</P>

I stand by what I said. I did say they are similar. I was quoting gmen0820's post regarding Scott being good vs the run and a liability in pass coverage.</P>

</P>

Now since you are on the Bart Scott bandwagon, <FONT color=#ff0000>know more than me</FONT>, and joke about my opinion, yes my opinion, here are Scott's numbers from last year----</P>

</P>

66 tackles---54 solo 12 assists 4.5 sacks 1 forced fumble 1 fumble recovered, and 1 pass defensed in 16 games.</P>

</P>

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4256/bart-scott</P>

</P>

Now Goff was on IR, but lets throw Goff's 2010 numbers in before Blackburn's</P>

</P>

Goff---80 tackles 54 solo 26 assists 1 sack 1 FF 1 fumble recovered and 2 passes defensed in 16 games.</P>

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11399/jonathan-goff</P>

</P>

Chase--26 tackles 20 solo 6 assists 0 sacks 1 fumble recovered 1 int and 2 passes defensed in 5 games.</P>

</P>

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9289/chase-blackburn</P>

</P>

Another thing Goff and Blackburn--Goff just turned 26--entering his prime. Blackburn will turn 29 going into the 2012 season. Bart Scott is 31 going on 32 starting the downside of his career.</P>

</P>

Bart Scott excelled in Ryans system and especially when Ray Lewis played next to him in Baltimore. On top of that we have our own cap problems. I'm not saying Goff or Blackburn are the future at mike backer for us, but they know our system and I like what I saw pre-injury to Goff and the hustle and heart Blackburn plays with. </P>

</P>

I stand by what I said earlier---no thanks to Bart Scott! </P>

tonyt830
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't mind having him if Chase is back next season. Chase deserves another shot with us. I can't wait to see what the FO does this off season.both you and Bigbluefan1974 need to bite your tongues! LOL!!! Burier won't like your opinion--LOL!!

burier
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM

*</p>

What about the injury?

Then we're in a bad way.

The Wonderlic was a joke, Chase is a math teacher. Where Reese found him when he got him back in Nov. I understand where you're coming from, but I am one who believes in giving someone who performed well for you a shot.

Oh I get it now..Thats funny.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 03:16 PM

Derrick Ward

Giants Of New Jersey
03-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Derrick Ward

DJ Ware