PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this Video?: "The Refs fixed the Game"

TuckYou
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
http://vimeo.com/33169679</P>

There were others too like Ballards knee for the TD, a few other catches, holds, BS calls. Overall, we got away with some on Finley, but the Pack got away with a lot more and more vital pivotal plays.</P>

barran21
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
It's pathetic but it's time to move on........

jints10
12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
They should be forced to call it entertainment and not sport just like WWF/E. If they want to continue letting Refs dictate the outcomes of games.

TuckYou
12-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Not in video, but equally as important. This is not a TD because....</P>

Also reviewed upstairs.</P>

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_photos/ballard2163748--415x215.jpg</P>

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/JCapace/389484_10150599973924377_418837579376_11892851_124 2151001_n.jpg</P>

Between this and the Jennings not TD, that is an 8 point difference in the game... </P>

</P>

</P>

TroyArcher
12-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Coughlin saw this photo and he said it made him sick. The Packers have become America's team and get the calls like the original America's team used to get.

Idkaname
12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Coughlin saw this photo and he said it made him sick. The Packers have become America's team and get the calls like the original America's team used to get.
Where did you see that he said that? just curious

G4L
12-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Coughlin saw this photo and he said it made him sick. The Packers have become America's team and get the calls like the original America's team used to get. Where did you see that he said that? just curious</P>

I caught that also, it was on Twitter - Mike Garafolo I think. If not it was a tweet from Ohm (the guy from the ESPN NY blog).</P>

WR4Life
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Where did you see that he said that? just curious

Mike Garafolo's twitter

graphic
12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_tom_coughlin_believes_j.html

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I didnt see the game yesterday but it is time we the fans take over the NFL.
I HATE Rodger Goddell and the money making ways of the NFL. The refs were also pretty bad in the Viking-Broncos game. Calls against the broncos were ramped. As soon as robots are invented and can call a game with no error then things will be much better. Needs to be in the MLB as well. tired of how bad the refs are today. Were they this bad back in the 70-80-90s? Or is it that they all have gone greedy.

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 07:33 PM
They should be forced to call it entertainment and not sport just like WWF/E. If they want to continue letting Refs dictate the outcomes of games.

Or National FIXED League.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-05-2011, 07:36 PM
In all fairness, from that video, it's not possible to determine conclusively that Driver's foot went out of bounds before he made that TD catch. The angle of the camera simply doesn't show if his toes were out of bounds.

But yeah, you guys got jobbed last night. Sorry about it. Pretty rotten.

KidA
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
It was just a matter of some close calls not going our way. That happens in the NFL.

No one is telling the refs to blow calls just so a team can go undefeated. These guys are out there making split second decisions on rulings and they usually get them right. Once in a while they don't. What do you expect?

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
It was just a matter of some close calls not going our way.* That happens in the NFL.

No one is telling the refs to blow calls just so a team can go undefeated.* These guys are out there making split second decisions on rulings and they usually get them right.* Once in a while they don't.* What do you expect?
normally I agree but the ballard one was BS. The play that William got flagged on, on that huge stop was a bs phantom call. The none call on Nicks TD that was a PI, there was a hold on pack oline on 1 play no call, and another call that didn't get called when cruz ran by the db, who grabbed his jersey, and i believe there was another jersey grab on our wr or lb that prevented us from making a play that was not called.

Ours cost us a lot from BS calls, to no calls.

SRTtoZ
12-05-2011, 08:55 PM
The video was good until they said Driver stepped out of bounds which he DID NOT. So yea lost all credibility there.

ToomerFORtheBomb
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
The video was good until they said Driver stepped out of bounds which he DID NOT.* So yea lost all credibility there.

Wait What????

Because you didn't agree with driver stepping out of bounds you are going to disregard every other bad call???? How does that make any sense?

FishinTheSalt
12-05-2011, 09:27 PM
If you have the chance, try to get the video of how happy tripplet is when he calls a first down for the packers. Sounds like he just won the powerball with a huge smile on his face.

KidA
12-05-2011, 09:33 PM
It was just a matter of some close calls not going our way. That happens in the NFL.

No one is telling the refs to blow calls just so a team can go undefeated. These guys are out there making split second decisions on rulings and they usually get them right. Once in a while they don't. What do you expect?
normally I agree but the ballard one was BS. The play that William got flagged on, on that huge stop was a bs phantom call. The none call on Nicks TD that was a PI, there was a hold on pack oline on 1 play no call, and another call that didn't get called when cruz ran by the db, who grabbed his jersey, and i believe there was another jersey grab on our wr or lb that prevented us from making a play that was not called.

Ours cost us a lot from BS calls, to no calls.

There are pictures going around of the Ballard catch which make it look like his knee was clearly inbounds when it hit the ground. I don't think this was the case. In the replays it looked like it was very close. It was the kind of play that probably doesn't get overturned no matter how it was originally called on the field.

The penalty against Williams was definitely a bad call. The guy ran right at Jaquan so he sort of pushed him away. What else is he going to do in that situation?

As for the pass interference/holding calls and noncalls, it seemed like the refs pretty much let the players play. You are right though, we had one or two called against us and the refs didn't call them against the Pack, but that's just a bad break. They don't have the luxury of slow motion instant replay and multiple camera angles.

Holding is something that happens on nearly every play. They don't call it unless it's blatant and I didn't see anything on the play shown in the video. For a good example of getting away with holding, just watch every game this year that had Will Beatty playing at left tackle.

The video also shows the Donald Driver touchdown. We never got to see a decent angle so it's impossible to tell whether or not he stepped out.

What I'm trying to say is that, yes, the refs made some questionable calls and it put us in a bad spot. But it certainly wasn't on purpose. The game wasn't "fixed" as the video calls it. The calls just didn't go our way this week.

chuckedafter5yards
12-05-2011, 10:14 PM
The pass interference calls were terrible, Giants got hit early more times than I care to think about and GB was given a free pass.

Aperspective
12-05-2011, 10:23 PM
It was total crap. It was like when we played Montana and SF. We need to knock Rodgers out next time.

mfraykor
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
http://vimeo.com/33169679</P>

There were others too like Ballards knee for the TD, a few other catches, holds, BS calls. Overall, we got away with some on Finley, but the Pack got away with a lot more and more vital pivotal plays.</P>

Yeah.. time to move on but still.. I am not one to complain about bad calls.. but it did seem lopsided.... the one that got me.. the WORST one that was not shown in the video was the illegal contact call on us.. when we sacked Rodgers on 3rd down... wolud have been a punt and I think the game for us... that killed us.. auto 1st down...kept the drive alive

krygny
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Was there a single holding call on either O-line during the entire game? I don't recall one.

I don't usually notice them, because I'm usually watching the ball, but some of Green Bay's holds were so flagrant I couldn't help it. I lost count how many times I would rewind my DVR and there was an obvious hold. The D-line has to get in the face of the officials once in a while and make their case (without getting a technical, of course).

blueomaha
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Was there a single holding call on either O-line during the entire game? I don't recall one.

I don't usually notice them, because I'm usually watching the ball, but some of Green Bay's holds were so flagrant I couldn't help it. I lost count how many times I would rewind my DVR and there was an obvious hold. The D-line has to get in the face of the officials once in a while and make their case (without getting a technical, of course).

i don't recall a holding penalty the whole game...hope GB gets bounced out in their first playoff game....

SweetZombieJesus
12-06-2011, 09:30 AM

That's what we would hope as fans, but we've already had at least one ref blowing calls on purpose in the NBA and heck it was 90 years ago they fixed the World Series.

At very least, league darlings get the call. The Cowboys used to get all the calls. Jordan used to get all the calls.

touchdown44
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
No one is telling the refs to blow calls just so a team can go undefeated.* These guys are out there making split second decisions on rulings and they usually get them right.* Once in a while they don't.* What do you expect?

That's what we would hope as fans, but we've already had at least one ref blowing calls on purpose in the NBA and heck it was 90 years ago they fixed the World Series.

At very least, league darlings get the call.* The Cowboys used to get all the calls.* Jordan used to get all the calls.

they start blowing the whistle as soon as kobe takes one dribble towards the rim

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Wow it is deleted lol.... Sorry, "NFL Refs fix game to keep Packers undefeated" was deleted at 11:24:10 Tue Dec 6, 2011. We have no more information about it on our mainframe or elsewhere.

chuckedafter5yards
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Video has been taken down- I guess it was a message the NFL didn't enjoy while Packers were selling worthless stock.

OrangeGiant
12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Deleted. How convenient. I was with people who aren't even Giants fans, hate the Giants in fact, and they all agreed the Giants got screwed by the refs. Instant replay was supposed to eliminate things like this, on plays that could be challenged or now all scoring plays. It's pathetic and when you have both Aikman and Buck agreeing that Jennings catch was never controlled ( and it wasn't, I don't care what anyone says) and the replay shows it and it still doesn't get overturned, that's pathetic.To me that was the worst call of the game, worse than Driver stepping out or Ballards "non-catch". </P>

It's over and time to move on, but that game should be in the W column.</P>

nygsb42champs
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
This crew should be reviewed. they whre horrible.

arkgiant
12-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Every official is graded every week by the officials at the NFL headquarters. The crew is graded. They have a call every week with the crew to go over the calls. The crew based upon their grades during the season are rewarded with playoff games. The highest ranked crew does the super bowl. I have a good friend who is a ref and we argued over the Cruz "fumble" when he gave himself up. I watched the game at a sports bar in the midwest many more packer fans there. Even some of them could not believe it. It was too one sided to be just be errors. The NFL needs to be careful. For those of you old enough I stopped watching NBA gave up my season tickets quit buying any NBA merchandise after a playoff game between the KNICKs and sixers when Iverson played for them. They gave Allen Houston 4 phantom fouls in the first half and he fouled out in the 3rd. The announcers couldn't even hide their surprise. The NBA wanted Iverson in the finals. Basically the NBA is fixed and this game makes you wonder seriously about the NFL.

jomo
12-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Every official is graded every week by the officials at the NFL headquarters. The crew is graded. They have a call every week with the crew to go over the calls. The crew based upon their grades during the season are rewarded with playoff games. The highest ranked crew does the super bowl. I have a good friend who is a ref and we argued over the Cruz "fumble" when he gave himself up. I watched the game at a sports bar in the midwest many more packer fans there. Even some of them could not believe it. It was too one sided to be just be errors. The NFL needs to be careful. For those of you old enough I stopped watching NBA gave up my season tickets quit buying any NBA merchandise after a playoff game between the KNICKs and sixers when Iverson played for them. They gave Allen Houston 4 phantom fouls in the first half and he fouled out in the 3rd. The announcers couldn't even hide their surprise. The NBA wanted Iverson in the finals. Basically the NBA is fixed and this game makes you wonder seriously about the NFL.The reward for good officiating is playoff work but where is the punishment for poor performance? Right, it doesn't exist. How many officials have been replaced? Right, none.

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Every official is graded every week by the officials at the NFL headquarters. The crew is graded. They have a call every week with the crew to go over the calls. The crew based upon their grades during the season are rewarded with playoff games. The highest ranked crew does the super bowl. I have a good friend who is a ref and we argued over the Cruz "fumble" when he gave himself up. I watched the game at a sports bar in the midwest many more packer fans there. Even some of them could not believe it. It was too one sided to be just be errors. The NFL needs to be careful. For those of you old enough I stopped watching NBA gave up my season tickets quit buying any NBA merchandise after a playoff game between the KNICKs and sixers when Iverson played for them. They gave Allen Houston 4 phantom fouls in the first half and he fouled out in the 3rd. The announcers couldn't even hide their surprise. The NBA wanted Iverson in the finals. Basically the NBA is fixed and this game makes you wonder seriously about the NFL.The reward for good officiating is playoff work but where is the punishment for poor performance? Right, it doesn't exist. How many officials have been replaced? Right, none.was thinking the same thing.

mike kennedy
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM
If you have the chance, try to get the video of how happy tripplet is when he calls a first down for the packers. Sounds like he just won the powerball with a huge smile on his face.

I said that in my post on Sunday! I think it was the PBP game time section. There was a pretty noticeable emphasis on the way he leaned toward the goal line and called the GB first down. Sort of like a player after he makes a first down catch or run! It showed favoritism in my opinion and I was really ****ed off and wanted to rip his head off!
I would really like to see that video and post it! Any one TEVO the game?

mike kennedy
12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Every official is graded every week by the officials at the NFL headquarters. The crew is graded. They have a call every week with the crew to go over the calls. The crew based upon their grades during the season are rewarded with playoff games. The highest ranked crew does the super bowl. I have a good friend who is a ref and we argued over the Cruz "fumble" when he gave himself up. I watched the game at a sports bar in the midwest many more packer fans there. Even some of them could not believe it. It was too one sided to be just be errors. The NFL needs to be careful. For those of you old enough I stopped watching NBA gave up my season tickets quit buying any NBA merchandise after a playoff game between the KNICKs and sixers when Iverson played for them. They gave Allen Houston 4 phantom fouls in the first half and he fouled out in the 3rd. The announcers couldn't even hide their surprise. The NBA wanted Iverson in the finals. Basically the NBA is fixed and this game makes you wonder seriously about the NFL.The reward for good officiating is playoff work but where is the punishment for poor performance? Right, it doesn't exist. How many officials have been replaced? Right, none.

The punishment for poor officiating, in the eyes of bad officials is know as a negative bonuses! The Official NFL response is known as Plausible deniability!

Tommy_Ribs
12-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Jeff Tripplette needs to be fired.

This is the same referee that had an overtime game two weeks ago and when he explains the rules of overtime says close to the following:

'In Overtime both teams will possess the ball, each with a chance to score. If either team fails to score the game goes into sudden death.'

Oh really - in the Regular Season both teams possess the ball?

What an idiot!

FBomb
12-06-2011, 11:24 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUTxtCIpQT8iXmrCNf-spe_Ya0JOSccL6xbfM0DCdzYfr4CESP

NYGRealityCheck
12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Officials make mistake/bad calls in most professional sports on a usual basis. I mean how many times do we have to see the virtual strikezone in a professional baseball game. It's just with the Packers game, the calls were lop-sided and the media took it to the house.

All the bad calls in that game still doesn't beat the SF playoff game in my opinion. Giants can still beat Dallas and take lead of the division again with the confidence now that they can beat the Superbowl-favorite Packers.

miked1958
12-06-2011, 11:26 PM

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_photos/ballard2163748--415x215.jpg</P>

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/JCapace/389484_10150599973924377_418837579376_11892851_124 2151001_n.jpg</P>

Between this and the Jennings not TD, that is an 8 point difference in the game... </P>

*</P>

*</P>

It's not clear but I don't see from any angle that his right knee, foot or leg came down inbounds. Unless they changed the rule I think you still need two feet or legs, or knees or knee and another body part to both touch inbounds. Ballard failed to do that

FBomb
12-06-2011, 11:28 PM

</P>

</P>

It's not clear but I don't see from any angle that his right knee, foot or leg came down inbounds. Unless they changed the rule I think you still need two feet or legs, or knees or knee and another body part to both touch inbounds. Ballard failed to do that</P>

You are wrong. One knee is enough. He is down by contact in the endzone. This is a TD.</P>

NYGRealityCheck
12-06-2011, 11:30 PM

*</P>

*</P>

It's not clear but I don't see from any angle that his right knee, foot or leg came down inbounds. Unless they changed the rule I think you still need two feet or legs, or knees or knee and another body part to both touch inbounds. Ballard failed to do that

Right or wrong, that and the Jennings fingers-TD are definitely not getting overturned now. The NFL will not in a million years change the resutls of the game guaranteed. Gotta let it go and move on...

plc
12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I am very concerned about next game in Dallas.I think we are going to get the same calls.If it is close, the call will go dallas's way.Watching these calls, like the penalty against Williams is disgusting.I thought I was watching wrestling.If this continues against us people are just going to stop watching because what is the point.I remember 2002 or soand the NFL said it was sorry for a call against Seubert for not reporting or something like that.The NFL is not afraid of the Giant org.We are always good and easy to put it over us.

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Jeff Tripplette needs to be fired.

This is the same referee that had an overtime game two weeks ago and when he explains the rules of overtime says close to the following:

'In Overtime both teams will possess the ball, each with a chance to score.* If either team fails to score the game goes into sudden death.'

Oh really - in the Regular Season both teams possess the ball?

What an idiot!
That has to be a joke? wait maybe not. Sad thing is I know the rules better then he and some other officials..

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 02:04 AM

</P>

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

<SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).</SPAN>

<SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.</SPAN></P> It's not clear but I don't see from any angle that his right knee, foot or leg came down inbounds. Unless they changed the rule I think you still need two feet or legs, or knees or knee and another body part to both touch inbounds. Ballard failed to do that

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 02:05 AM

</P> It's not clear but I don't see from any angle that his right knee, foot or leg came down inbounds. Unless they changed the rule I think you still need two feet or legs, or knees or knee and another body part to both touch inbounds. Ballard failed to do thatA forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

<SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).</SPAN>

<SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.</SPAN>

BBlueSince82
12-07-2011, 03:08 AM
The one call that REALLY, REALLY bother me was late in the game in 3rd down when we sacked Rodgers, and the refs call the illegal use of hands, giving them an automatic first down. That call to me was just dispicable, he barely even touched him, and you have to let that one go. That was like in a basketball game with a few seconds left and a shot is put up, refs 99% of the time will NEVER call a foul, let them play!!

miked1958
12-07-2011, 10:39 AM
The one call that REALLY, REALLY bother me was late in the game in 3rd down when we sacked Rodgers, and the refs call the illegal use of hands, giving them an automatic first down. That call to me was just dispicable, he barely even touched him, and you have to let that one go. That was like in a basketball game with a few seconds left and a shot is put up, refs 99% of the time will NEVER call a foul, let them play!!</P>

plus the fact that before that even happend rodgers had already looked away from him bec he was covered so tight. he wasnt going to throw there anyway.. got to keep that flag in your pocket.</P>

miked1958
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM

</P>

</P>

It's not clear but I don't see from any angle that his right knee, foot or leg came down inbounds. Unless they changed the rule I think you still need two feet or legs, or knees or knee and another body part to both touch inbounds. Ballard failed to do that</P>

You are wrong. One knee is enough. He is down by contact in the endzone. This is a TD.</P>

</P>

By the way, I didnt realize that was the rule. I always thought you had to have two down but wasnt sure about the endzone. I know they look for 2feet but wasnt sure about other parts of body. SO if that is the case then they robber 4pts from us and that by itself would have forced rodgers to go for a TD at the end not a FG. I know they were close but you never know what could have happend. </P>

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 02:20 AM
The one call that REALLY, REALLY bother me was late in the game in 3rd down when we sacked Rodgers, and the refs call the illegal use of hands, giving them an automatic first down. That call to me was just dispicable, he barely even touched him, and you have to let that one go. That was like in a basketball game with a few seconds left and a shot is put up, refs 99% of the time will NEVER call a foul, let them play!!</P>

plus the fact that before that even happend rodgers had already looked away from him bec he was covered so tight. he wasnt going to throw there anyway.. got to keep that flag in your pocket.</P>

Absolutely, HAVE to keep that flag in your pocket!! Because we ended up stopping them on that drive anyway, that call went kind if overlooked, but in my opinion, it was BY FAR the most egregious call of the game!!!