PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our breakout star next year?

Bluesmash
02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Should we prepare for the Da'Rel Scott experience?

It seems like every year someone on this team comes seemingly from relative nowhere--e.g., JPP, Osi, Cruz. I would even put Ballard, Boss and Smith in this category. Boss made us say Shockey who? And Smith led to comments about him being the real Steve Smith.

I'm sure that every team has players who emerge and perform beyond expectations, but the Giants have had some real stars emerge like that.

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Possibly Jernigan. Most of the guys that you mentioned, they broke out in year 2.

tripleaamin9
02-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Look for Jacquan Williams to have a breakout year.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM

It seems like every year someone on this team comes seemingly from relative nowhere--e.g., JPP, Osi, Cruz. I would even put Ballard, Boss and Smith in this category. Boss made us say Shockey who? And Smith led to comments about him being the real Steve Smith.

I'm sure that every team has players who emerge and perform beyond expectations, but the Giants have had some real stars emerge like that. scott,prince and austin that's my 3!

tonyt830
02-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I would have to agreewith other posters. I would say either Jernigan and/or Prince.

Seducer
02-26-2012, 01:32 PM

I like Jacquian to have a big year too.

Toadofsteel
02-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Jernigan will have a great year as the new #3 WR, Jaquian (sp?) Williams will become another Boley, and maybe Da'Rel Scott if BJ and Ware are out (I seriously hope BJ can come to a deal that works out better for both him and the giants though)...

GmenFan1980
02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I just want Da'rel Scott to have better ball handling next year, with most likely the few more touches he will be getting.

JJ is who I hope breaks out and becomes a great #3 for us.

myles2424
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM

Williams,prince.....I sense us getting let down by Austin,i just gotta feeling....

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Williams,prince.....I sense us getting let down by Austin,i just gotta feeling....Not if you keep your expectations low.

2 years out of football and coming off a torn pec, which has definitely hindered his ability to build strength, can't expect much next year.

GameTime
02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Christian Hopkins....</P>

</P>

NJGIANTinNC
02-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Marvin Austin, Scott, prince, and the lbs in general.
-- Williams, herzlich, paysigner, draft pick.

bLuereverie
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Only way I see Scott having a huge year is if Giants' OL is fixed swiftly. I'll pick Marvin Austin.

TheEnigma
02-26-2012, 03:59 PM
The first pick of the New York Giants from the 2012 NFL Draft.

miked1958
02-26-2012, 07:05 PM

*</P>
Yes I read where they think he has a lot of potential.
Also I think Andre Brown comes off PS to surprise a lot of people.
Marvin Austin
Chad Jones
Prince
Da'rell
JJ

BigBlue1971
02-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Should we prepare for the Da'Rel Scott experience? It seems like every year someone on this team comes seemingly from relative nowhere--e.g., JPP, Osi, Cruz. I would even put Ballard, Boss and Smith in this category. Boss made us say Shockey who? And Smith led to comments about him being the real Steve Smith. I'm sure that every team has players who emerge and perform beyond expectations, but the Giants have had some real stars emerge like that. scott,prince and austin that's my 3!</P>

</P>

this^ + Jernigan!</P>

YATittle1962
02-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

bleedinblue27
02-26-2012, 08:51 PM
with the loss on MM...........Duke Calhoun!!

bLuereverie
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

Hellz yeah! Remember that amazing 3 catch performance? Epic!

No way he gets beat up by team's third corners next year.

nhpgiantsfan
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM

Williams,prince.....I sense us getting let down by Austin,i just gotta feeling....Not if you keep your expectations low.

2 years out of football and coming off a torn pec, which has definitely hindered his ability to build strength, can't expect much next year.

Agreed, Austin is at least 2 years away. Next year will be to shake the rust off.

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

No way he gets beat up by team's third corners next year.For some reason, Gilbride doesn't answer my emails telling him to put BARDEN IN THE REDZONE TO CATCH A FADE!!!! DAMNIT KILLDRIVE. DAMNIT!!

YATittle1962
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

No way he gets beat up by team's third corners next year.For some reason, Gilbride doesn't answer my emails telling him to put BARDEN IN THE REDZONE TO CATCH A FADE!!!! DAMNIT KILLDRIVE. DAMNIT!!

he only accepts suggestions from GWAT.....you know this

allentown PA
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

Maybe if you start a thread stating that he should be fired for not using Barden in the redzone...maybe then he will get the message?

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

he only accepts suggestions from GWAT.....you know thisHmm I always though GWAT was KG...

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

Maybe if you start a thread stating that he should be fired for not using Barden in the redzone...maybe then he will get the message?It would take too much time away from teaching Fewell how to call a game and forever abolish the zone concept.

greenca190
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM

*</P>

I don't know how the guy checks out skill wise, but he is enormous.

I'm on Wikipedia right now trying to figure anything out that will help his cause in "breaking out" next season. All I can tell is that he is enormous. And it's his birthday today, so I'm getting a good feeling. Ha.

NYGinIN
02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
If no one comes up big for the Giants we at least know we can count on Romo to come up big for us at least twice a season.

Marvin Austin, Scott, prince, and the lbs in general.
-- Williams, herzlich, paysigner, draft pick.

dave56dj
02-26-2012, 11:03 PM
I am not saying the OP went down this track nor did anyone else but there have been so many threads about who will be our next CRUZ or breakout star - the answer really is no one. What cruz did this year is remarkable. To come out of umass undrafted and break the all time giants record for receiving yards is UNREAL and I know we all appreciate it.

So i just wanted to lower the bar for what is deemed a breakout star. Certainly Ballard with 38 catches and 600+ yards (better year then boss ever had) has to be considered a breakout star a undrafted blocking tight end. As does J Will who had 70 plus tackles and was a 6th rounder who showed tremendous promise.

As far as next year everyone keeps looking to our practice sqaud for guys like hopkins but the truth is that just usually doesnt happen - guys like cruz are the exception not the rule.

My guess is J Will develops into a very nice player - Herzlich or Paysinger (who was practicing with the ones last offseason) makes a mark and either JJ (who i think gets first crack) or ramses fills the third spot and occasionally the second in case of injury.

I think petrus has a chance to start at guard and be a huge factor and I think Hynoski will develop into one of the best FB's in the league.

allentown PA
02-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Ramses Barden of course

because he is tall

right guys?

Maybe if you start a thread stating that he should be fired for not using Barden in the redzone...maybe then he will get the message?It would take too much time away from teaching Fewell how to call a game and forever abolish the zone concept.

lol..nice

Bohemian
02-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I am certainly hoping for Prince and Williams to come up big.

Rich4114
02-27-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm going with Mitch Petrus. He should start LG if he has an awesome camp. Diehl will be back at LT while Beaty goes to RT. Boothe or Bass will be starting center.

Could also see Ramses breaking out.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 01:35 AM

I'm sure that every team has players who emerge and perform beyond expectations, but the Giants have had some real stars emerge like that. scott,prince and austin that's my 3!
I'll go with Prince, Austin, or JJ.

Flip Empty
02-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Rolle will have his Giants breakout.

jakegibbs
02-27-2012, 08:37 AM

I'm sure that every team has players who emerge and perform beyond expectations, but the Giants have had some real stars emerge like that.

Hixon because he fully recovers from the bad knees & puts up a great year & is voted Come Back Player of the Year by his NFL peers. Nicks, Hixon & Cruz all put up over 1000 yds in 2012.

Book it you heard it 1st here folks. lol

MikeIsaGiant
02-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Scott, only because Bradshaw and jacobs are shot, I feel like giving more opportunity for Scott and I think with a fix up of the o-line this quick RB will get his chances to breakout