PDA

View Full Version : Wide receivers.......

myles2424
02-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Few let downs, & a few surprises....

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47
Tommy Streeter 6'5 219 4.4
Stephen hill 6'4 215 4.36

With Mario most likely gone, I think it's inevitable that we pick up another WR.....nicks is hurt once a year,barden has been underwhelming, & having a legit WR in the 3rd spot was a big part of our success......I see nothing wrong bringing in another guy to compete with Jernigan...

Spizi
02-26-2012, 03:17 PM
trade up in the 3rd for stephen hill. he will be what barden was supposed to be but with ELITE speed.

BluGiantPies
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
trade up in the 3rd for stephen hill. he will be what barden was supposed to be but with ELITE speed. he's prolly gone mid second latest.

myles2424
02-26-2012, 03:40 PM
trade up in the 3rd for stephen hill. he will be what barden was supposed to be but with ELITE speed. he's prolly gone mid second latest. if not earlier...

titwio
02-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Kendal is magically going to run in the low 4.4's at his pro day...That's just what always seems to happen. Regardless though I can't see as of right now who would take him in the 1st round given his height and time.

Joe Adams was a big surprise to me too. I just hope the Giants don't do anything stupid in the 1st like take Alshon Jefferey if he slips....really not a fan at all.

I wouldn't mind the Giants taking a wide-out in the later rounds but right now I'm excited to see them get Jernigan in the mix...The guy is so quick and elusive and if he comes along then I'm liking the potential of Nicks, Cruz and JJ as a trio.

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Kendal is magically going to run in the low 4.4's at his pro day...That's just what always seems to happen. Regardless though I can't see as of right now who would take him in the 1st round given his height and time.

Joe Adams was a big surprise to me too. I just hope the Giants don't do anything stupid in the 1st like take Alshon Jefferey if he slips....really not a fan at all.

I wouldn't mind the Giants taking a wide-out in the later rounds but right now I'm excited to see them get Jernigan in the mix...The guy is so quick and elusive and if he comes along then I'm liking the potential of Nicks, Cruz and JJ as a trio.

I agree. I don't think we really need another WR, but I'd take one if he's the BPA. I'm watching the Combine, and it looks like there is alot of talent. A.J. Jenkins, Sanu, Keyshawn Martin, Posey, Devon Wylie... Looks like WR is deep this year.

myles2424
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM

I agree. I don't think we really need another WR, but I'd take one if he's the BPA. I'm watching the Combine, and it looks like there is alot of talent. A.J. Jenkins, Sanu, Keyshawn Martin, Posey, Devon Wylie... Looks like WR is deep this year. don't underestimate what HAM did at that 3rd spot....having 3 legit target was a huge part of our success ......Reese always surprises us..

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM

I agree. I don't think we really need another WR, but I'd take one if he's the BPA. I'm watching the Combine, and it looks like there is alot of talent. A.J. Jenkins, Sanu, Keyshawn Martin, Posey, Devon Wylie... Looks like WR is deep this year. don't underestimate what HAM did at that 3rd spot....having 3 legit target was a huge part of our success ......Reese always surprises us..

Oh, no doubt. I'm seriously Manningham's biggest fan and have been since his Michigan days! I just think we already got something with Jernigan and Barden and Hixon when he's healthy. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing one of these kids if the value is there.

myles2424
02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Put it like this.....if we don't draft a WR high, we better hope we improve our TE situation & that the Oline gets back on track along with the running game....
Just like when we heard belichick in the super bowl "take care of nicks & Cruz, make manningham and Ballard beat you"
That's going to be every teams philosophy next year.....
If Jernigan has a case of the drops & can't get separation, there's going to be a suicide watch here on the boards....

BluGiantPies
02-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Put it like this.....if we don't draft a WR high, we better hope we improve our TE situation & that the Oline gets back on track along with the running game....
Just like when we heard belichick in the super bowl "take care of nicks & Cruz, make manningham and Ballard beat you"
If Jernigan has a case of the drops & can't get separation, there's going to be a suicide watch here on the boards.... I completely agree I think we should try and trade down to the early second and grab hill and another pick. Our offense last year was one of the best in the NFL BC of our recivers we shouldn't go backwards. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I want an offense like the saints or packers. The way the NFL is headed teams with that type of offense are consistently going to be the best teams in the league. I know its not giants smash mouth football but the league is changing and we need to be ahead of the curve.

Neverend
02-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Similar to dwayne allen, kendall wright may not have a great 40 but he has a ton of athletic traits. Great burst, great quickness, gets to top speed instantly, etc.

Dude's going to be a good pro. Still... when you watch him you see incredible game field speed. Extremely strange

Voldamort
02-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47

With Mario most likely gone, I think it's inevitable that we pick up another WR.....nicks is hurt once a year,barden has been underwhelming, & having a legit WR in the 3rd spot was a big part of our success......I see nothing wrong bringing in another guy to compete with Jernigan...Michael Floyd is a beast,can catch,block and run!

titwio
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
If Jernigan has a case of the drops & can't get separation, there's going to be a suicide watch here on the boards....

Jernigan hasn't really dropped anything as far as passes. The guy muffed a couple of punts in preseason but a lot of guys were rusty especially given the lockout and time away from football.

I think a lot of people give Jerrel way too much heat. The guy was a hell of a receiver at Troy and ripped up the Sun Belt. He'll get separation and the fact he's played mostly in the slot shows he no stranger to route running and getting open. He's not only quick but the fastest WR on the team. Probably only second fastest on the team to Da'Rel.

I'm anxious for him getting in the fold. I think he'll be another breakout player and could be a real weapon for this team.

critters
02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Am I the only Junior Hemingway fan?! The guy is exciting to watch and is a phenomenal WR... just doesn't have the best QB for showcasing his ability. He is blowing up the combine.

1st in cones (which some thought would expose him)
1st in 20 and 2nd in 60
3rd in Bench

Ran a 4.53 40 which is great for him. He's not known to be a burner, just a tough dude that can catch and is tough to tackle.

B-Red22
02-27-2012, 06:09 PM
trade up in the 3rd for stephen hill. he will be what barden was supposed to be but with ELITE speed.
we can just wait till the 4th or 5th and take Derrick Moye out of penn state, dude has always been underrated in my opinion

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Am I the only Junior Hemingway fan?! The guy is exciting to watch and is a phenomenal WR... just doesn't have the best QB for showcasing his ability. He is blowing up the combine.

1st in cones (which some thought would expose him)
1st in 20 and 2nd in 60
3rd in Bench

Ran a 4.53 40 which is great for him. He's not known to be a burner, just a tough dude that can catch and is tough to tackle.

I like Junior too! Then again, I'm a Michigan homer. It only makes sense that we replace Manningham with another Michigan man!

heavyhitter
02-28-2012, 04:26 AM

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47
<u><font size="2">Tommy Streeter 6'5 219 4.4

</font></u>With Mario most likely gone, I think it's inevitable that we pick up another WR.....nicks is hurt once a year,barden has been underwhelming, &amp; having a legit WR in the 3rd spot was a big part of our success......I see nothing wrong bringing in another guy to compete with Jernigan...<font size="2">Those two guys intrigue me the most. Mayock had Hill pre-combine as a 4th round pick. I'd like to know where he has him now. I wouldn't mind if the Giants took either one of these two guys. I would say Michael Floyd but I'm pretty sure he'll be off the board by the time the Giants pick.</font>

rainierjef
02-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Few let downs, &amp; a few surprises....

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47
<u><font size="2">Tommy Streeter 6'5 219 4.4

</font></u>With Mario most likely gone, I think it's inevitable that we pick up another WR.....nicks is hurt once a year,barden has been underwhelming, &amp; having a legit WR in the 3rd spot was a big part of our success......I see nothing wrong bringing in another guy to compete with Jernigan...<font size="2">Those two guys intrigue me the most. Mayock had Hill pre-combine as a 4th round pick. I'd like to know where he has him now. I wouldn't mind if the Giants took either one of these two guys. I would say Michael Floyd but I'm pretty sure he'll be off the board by the time the Giants pick.</font>

One of those guys please. big bodies, tall, athletic, fast , high verts, i think eli makes theses guys better. I'm 50/50 though while i understand we have other pressing needs to fill and we have a receivers already.
i also feel bringing in solid competition at the right round is instrumental to evolving our game and player to a new level, nothing like having a youngin come in licking his chomps for your spot to get the competitive juices flowing.

Stephen Hill has intrigued me, although minimal tape due to that option offense he was apart of in college, he looked good making some catches at the combine, yeah hes fast, yeah he can jump but what intrigued me was his steady motion while tracking the ball in flight and adjusting his body to get it, reaching out for the ball and not losing balance, almost like a smaller receiver in a bigger receivers body and that's rare!

deekay7685
02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
i would not be surprised to see the Giants draft in the mid-late rounds Jordan White (E Mich) or AJ Jenkins (Illinois).
Hill is an interesting player though.
White is a natural receiver and a chain mover reminds me of Boldin.
Jenkins is more elusive but lanky and reminds me of Mario.
Does anyone like them?

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47

With Mario most likely gone, I think it's inevitable that we pick up another WR.....nicks is hurt once a year,barden has been underwhelming, & having a legit WR in the 3rd spot was a big part of our success......I see nothing wrong bringing in another guy to compete with Jernigan...

I'm hoping Sanu slides to us in the second.

RoanokeFan
02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Put it like this.....if we don't draft a WR high, we better hope we improve our TE situation &amp; that the Oline gets back on track along with the running game....
Just like when we heard belichick in the super bowl "take care of nicks &amp; Cruz, make manningham and Ballard beat you"
If Jernigan has a case of the drops &amp; can't get separation, there's going to be a suicide watch here on the boards....

We are likely to have Jernigan, D Thomas, and Hixon. Hixon is certainly capable of being a # very good 3 if he's healthy. Jernigan is being developed as we do with all of our draftees.

They will find at least a one year resolution to the TE issue.

GGTM_1977
02-28-2012, 02:47 PM

We are likely to have Jernigan, D Thomas, and Hixon.* Hixon is certainly capable of being a # very good 3 if he's healthy.* Jernigan is being developed as we do with all of our draftees.*

Thing is Devin is a FA.....we will most likely re-sign him, but you never know. I like Hixon, but the injuries are getting ridiculous, and I think this will affect his performance. If he can't stay on the field, he is not getting the slot spot. If you boil it down, right now are depth chart for WR is: Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan, and Barden. We will not (hopefully) re-sign Clayton, that guy has been nothing but depth for us. We need to draft a WR in the early to mid rounds.....

Redeyejedi
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47

I'm hoping Sanu slides to us in the second.Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with 6'3" WR Reuben Randle of LSU.Randle is one of the most underrated receivers in the draft. Jordan Jefferson was just so Horrible

RoanokeFan
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Put it like this.....if we don't draft a WR high, we better hope we improve our TE situation &amp; that the Oline gets back on track along with the running game....
Just like when we heard belichick in the super bowl "take care of nicks &amp; Cruz, make manningham and Ballard beat you"
If Jernigan has a case of the drops &amp; can't get separation, there's going to be a suicide watch here on the boards....

We are likely to have Jernigan, D Thomas, and Hixon. Hixon is certainly capable of being a # very good 3 if he's healthy. Jernigan is being developed as we do with all of our draftees.

Thing is Devin is a FA.....we will most likely re-sign him, but you never know. I like Hixon, but the injuries are getting ridiculous, and I think this will affect his performance. If he can't stay on the field, he is not getting the slot spot. If you boil it down, right now are depth chart for WR is: Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan, and Barden. We will not (hopefully) re-sign Clayton, that guy has been nothing but depth for us. We need to draft a WR in the early to mid rounds.....

This isn't about the "slot spot". Cruz can work out of the slot or on the outside equally well. We need a dependable # 3 and we may have him already. Tight end is far more problematic for us right now. Barden is the least likely to be our savior here but stranger things have happened.

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM

We are likely to have Jernigan, D Thomas, and Hixon.* Hixon is certainly capable of being a # very good 3 if he's healthy.* Jernigan is being developed as we do with all of our draftees.*

This isn't about the "slot spot".* Cruz can work out of the slot or on the outside equally well.** We need a dependable # 3 and we may have him already.* Tight end is far more problematic for us right now.** Barden is the least likely to be our savior here but stranger things have happened.

JJ is new and hasn't exactly impressed yet but we don't know what we have with him.

People keep yapping about Devin Thomas like he did ANYTHING as a WR to merit it. He made a couple of great ST plays in the NFC Championship .... that's it ... FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER.

Hixon has had back to back ACLs. I'm not even sure if he's going to be playing ever again.

Barden is a bust (and most likely gone I would think).

Definitely room for some new blood on this team.

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47

I'm hoping Sanu slides to us in the second.Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with 6'3" WR Reuben Randle of LSU.Randle is one of the most underrated receivers in the draft. Jordan Jefferson was just so Horrible

Interesting.

buddy33
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Toomer had one catch his rookie season.

No way can we say JJ is not good. Hasn't Reese earned some credit for his drafting yet? He took the guy in the 3rd round last year. A lock out year that had a star emerge with two starters from the year before. Manningham did nothing his rookie year either and now we are all going to miss him because of FA.

BlueSanta
02-28-2012, 04:55 PM

No way can we say JJ is not good. Hasn't Reese earned some credit for his drafting yet? He took the guy in the 3rd round last year. A lock out year that had a star emerge with two starters from the year before. Manningham did nothing his rookie year either and now we are all going to miss him because of FA.

Yep, the only thing working against JJ right now is that he is best suited for the slot position. But Cruz already fills that position better than anyone in Giants history. I do not see JJ being suited to play outside nearly as much, so it may just be bad timing/luck for him.

tdawg1413
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Few let downs, &amp; a few surprises....

Kendal wright-4.61
Mohamed sanu-4.67
Joe Adams-4.55
Jordan white-4.69

Michael Floyd-4.47

With Mario most likely gone, I think it's inevitable that we pick up another WR.....nicks is hurt once a year,barden has been underwhelming, &amp; having a legit WR in the 3rd spot was a big part of our success......I see nothing wrong bringing in another guy to compete with Jernigan...

Where on the site did you see this? I could not find it.

myles2424
02-28-2012, 05:45 PM

No way can we say JJ is not good. Hasn't Reese earned some credit for his drafting yet? He took the guy in the 3rd round last year. A lock out year that had a star emerge with two starters from the year before. Manningham did nothing his rookie year either and now we are all going to miss him because of FA. we can't write Jernigan off.....but being that were losing a guy like HAM you have to prepare for the worse.....
We have to expect JJ to step up,but prepare for him not.....therefore bringing in another WR is a must.....if Jernigan pans out then great, nothing wrong wit having 4 good WRs,especially nowadays..

02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
[I'm anxious for him getting in the fold. I think he'll be another breakout player and could be a real weapon for this team.]</P>

+++ this</P>

RoanokeFan
02-28-2012, 06:14 PM

This isn't about the "slot spot". Cruz can work out of the slot or on the outside equally well. We need a dependable # 3 and we may have him already. Tight end is far more problematic for us right now. Barden is the least likely to be our savior here but stranger things have happened.

JJ is new and hasn't exactly impressed yet but we don't know what we have with him.

People keep yapping about Devin Thomas like he did ANYTHING as a WR to merit it. He made a couple of great ST plays in the NFC Championship .... that's it ... FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER.

Hixon has had back to back ACLs. I'm not even sure if he's going to be playing ever again.

New blood as in draftee(s) or free agents? I don't see them paying an lot for # 3 receiver given the CAP

wideright91
02-28-2012, 06:22 PM

New blood as in draftee(s) or free agents? I don't see them paying an lot for # 3 receiver given the CAP

Yeah, spending a first round pick on a slot receiver doesn't seem like the wisest of moves. Besides, it's a pretty deep WR class.

BlueSanta
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM

Not true. Cruz's numbers from the slot were much better this year that from the outside. He can play outside, but he was the best slot reciever in the NFL this year(or at least a CLOSE second to Welker). See THIS (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203718504577183410799864068.html) ARTICLE (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203718504577183410799864068.html) for backup stats on that.

The fact is Cruz is extremely quick and from the slot he can use the entire field making it virtually impossible to cover him. If you split him out his quickness is limmited by the pinching sideline. You want this kid in the slot where defenders have to stop him from going left OR right. And, when he does catch the ball, you want him to have more room to make guys miss and pick up YAC. Thats is where he shined this year. The new rule changes have made the slot position deadly. The days of the slot wr getting mauled by the ILBs as he crosses the field are over. This is also the reason the TE numbers were up so much last year.

JJ is also a slot guy. I think his ability to see the field is unfortunately gonna be hampered by the presence of Cruz. Its just bad luck for him really.

The Giants need a guy who can line up outside. I would bet that if we look for another WR, it is a guy capable of playing vs press/man coverage. A guy they can put outside who will make defenses regret rolling their safeties towards Nicks.

rainierjef
02-29-2012, 05:10 AM

Not true. Cruz's numbers from the slot were much better this year that from the outside. He can play outside, but he was the best slot reciever in the NFL this year(or at least a CLOSE second to Welker). See THIS (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203718504577183410799864068.html) ARTICLE (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203718504577183410799864068.html) for backup stats on that.

The fact is Cruz is extremely quick and from the slot he can use the entire field making it virtually impossible to cover him. If you split him out his quickness is limmited by the pinching sideline. You want this kid in the slot where defenders have to stop him from going left OR right. And, when he does catch the ball, you want him to have more room to make guys miss and pick up YAC. Thats is where he shined this year. The new rule changes have made the slot position deadly. The days of the slot wr getting mauled by the ILBs as he crosses the field are over. This is also the reason the TE numbers were up so much last year.

JJ is also a slot guy. I think his ability to see the field is unfortunately gonna be hampered by the presence of Cruz. Its just bad luck for him really.

The Giants need a guy who can line up outside. I would bet that if we look for another WR, it is a guy capable of playing vs press/man coverage. A guy they can put outside who will make defenses regret rolling their safeties towards Nicks.

^why don't people understand this... cruz is great i love the kid but why limit his speed to the sidelines or posts. option routes over the middle killed linebackers and corners all year why change the formula.