PDA

View Full Version : With Manningham seemingly Out the Door who will JR get for his replacement?

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Big loss but it's all about the Money right? Do you think JR will pay big money for Wes Welker?

He's gonna be expensive too I guess & we all know the Pats won't pay him but will the Giants?

I do know they have to have 3 quality WRs though. Too many season injuries with hamstrings & such.

I don't think they have anyone ready to fill in except Hixon but he's 1 knee injury away from being out of the league & haven't heard even if he can be ready to go this year.

Hmmmmmm......

ibbill
02-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Resse was talking about this kid. Not to sure 5ft 8 yikes Just hope its not another Moss.Maybe a Sproles type of player.

Hes done it all.

Caught 262 passes for 3,128 yards (11.9-yard avg.) and 18 touchdowns…Carried the ball 132 times for 892 yards (6.8-yard avg.) and 5 scores…Completed 7-of-10 passes for 43 yards and 2 touchdowns… Returned 67 kickoffs for 1,580 yards (23.4-yard avg.) and 1 score and ran back 29 punts for 372 yards (12.8-yard avg.) and a touchdown…Recorded 3 solo tackles…Amassed a school and Sun Belt Conference-record 5,972 all-purpose yards and totaled 25 touchdowns on 490 touches and averaged 119.4 yards a game.

NWKEffectElement
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Resse was talking about this kid. Not to sure 5ft 8 yikes Just hope its not another Moss.Maybe a Sproles type of player.

Hes done it all.

Caught 262 passes for 3,128 yards (11.9-yard avg.) and 18 touchdowns…Carried the ball 132 times for 892 yards (6.8-yard avg.) and 5 scores…Completed 7-of-10 passes for 43 yards and 2 touchdowns… Returned 67 kickoffs for 1,580 yards (23.4-yard avg.) and 1 score and ran back 29 punts for 372 yards (12.8-yard avg.) and a touchdown…Recorded 3 solo tackles…Amassed a school and Sun Belt Conference-record 5,972 all-purpose yards and totaled 25 touchdowns on 490 touches and averaged 119.4 yards a game.

Who are you talking about?

FBomb
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Reese will be looking for Jerigan to step up. It's our M.O. We'll take a WR in the 4th rd unless someone we want happens to fall to us or a veteran FA comes cheap.</P>

TE is our concern on offense as well as the line. Our WR coaching staff has been exceptional. They will get Jerigan up to speed and he knows the system.</P>

ibbill
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
oops yikes Jernigan,

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Reese will be looking for Jerigan to step up.* It's our M.O.* We'll take a WR in the 4th rd unless someone we want happens to fall to us or a veteran FA comes cheap.</P>

TE is our concern on offense as well as the line.* Our WR coaching staff has been exceptional.* They will get Jerigan up to speed and he knows the system.</P>

Jerigan is JR serious? Not a lot of confidence there I'm afraid but hope I'm wrong.

ibbill
02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Guess he had to say that. Just don't see it happening.

FBomb
02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Reese will be looking for Jerigan to step up. It's our M.O. We'll take a WR in the 4th rd unless someone we want happens to fall to us or a veteran FA comes cheap.</P>

TE is our concern on offense as well as the line. Our WR coaching staff has been exceptional. They will get Jerigan up to speed and he knows the system.</P>

Jerigan is JR serious? Not a lot of confidence there I'm afraid but hope I'm wrong.</P>

How much confidence did you have when Reese said he thinks that we have the TE we need already on the roster after we lost Boss? I think JR deserves the benefit of the doubt and maybe "Jernigan" gets up to speed with an actual offseason program.</P>

ibbill
02-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Hope your right for sure.

Then again he liked Moss for way to long. If Moss had not been hurt would have Cruz got to play much in the Jets game where he scored 3TD.

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Reese will be looking for Jerigan to step up.* It's our M.O.* We'll take a WR in the 4th rd unless someone we want happens to fall to us or a veteran FA comes cheap.</P>

TE is our concern on offense as well as the line.* Our WR coaching staff has been exceptional.* They will get Jerigan up to speed and he knows the system.</P>

Jerigan is JR serious? Not a lot of confidence there I'm afraid but hope I'm wrong.</P>

How much confidence did you have when Reese said he thinks that we have the TE we need already on the roster after we lost Boss?* I think JR deserves the benefit of the doubt and maybe "Jernigan"* gets up to speed with an actual offseason program.</P>

Yep maybe so JR proved me wrong several times starting way back when when Tiki & Shockey left. He just kept the Giants right on ticking so I guess I just need to let JR do his thing & go ahead & get my 2012 season SB tickets....if they're any left that is. Go Blue.

bflo23
02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Big loss but it's all about the Money right? Do you think JR will pay big money for Wes Welker?

He's gonna be expensive too I guess &amp; we all know the Pats won't pay him but will the Giants?

I do know they have to have 3 quality WRs though. Too many season injuries with hamstrings &amp; such.

I don't think they have anyone ready to fill in except Hixon but he's 1 knee injury away from being out of the league &amp; haven't heard even if he can be ready to go this year.

Hmmmmmm......

Wes Welker got a franchise tag with the Pats. And Wes Welker actually believes he is worth $14.5 million per year.

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM

He's gonna be expensive too I guess & we all know the Pats won't pay him but will the Giants?

I do know they have to have 3 quality WRs though. Too many season injuries with hamstrings & such.

I don't think they have anyone ready to fill in except Hixon but he's 1 knee injury away from being out of the league & haven't heard even if he can be ready to go this year.

Hmmmmmm......

Wes Welker got a franchise tag with the Pats. And Wes Welker actually believes he is worth $14.5 million per year.

My bad didn't know the Pats had actually franchized him. Well that's one we don't need to hope there was a deal out there somewhere. I guess it's up to Jernigan like Fbomb said. Does Jernigan have the speed that Manningham's got? I would hope so but don't know.

GameTime
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
They want Cruz to move to the slot and the Pats would be stupid to let Welker go. The Giants need another outside WR. Hixon will not make it past camp IMO. Mario will get a big paycheck from another team most likely. Barden IMO is done. Jernigan is small so I cant see him being and oustide threat but who knows. Devin Thimas has the tools I just think he doenst have the drive to be the WR they need. They will draft a tall WR in the mid rounds somewhere. </P>

</P>

jomo
02-26-2012, 04:23 PM
#3 WR is not usually a top roster priority.</P>

We'll be fine there either with Jernigan, Thomas, Hixon or someone JR and the gang find out there.</P>

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
They want Cruz to move to the slot and the Pats would be stupid to let Welker go. The Giants need another outside WR. Hixon will not make it past camp IMO. Mario will get a big paycheck from another team most likely. Barden IMO is done. Jernigan is small so I cant see him being and oustide threat but who knows. Devin Thimas has the tools I just think he doenst have the drive to be the WR they need. They will draft a tall WR in the mid rounds somewhere. </P>

*</P>
Not much to choose from in mid round.

NFL Combine 2012: Mid-Round Wide Receivers with a Need for Speed at the Combine

1) Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton had a big season for Florida International in 2011, as the 5'10" 183-pound speedster reeled in over 70 passes, topped 1,000 receiving yards and hauled in seven touchdown passes as a senior.

Hilton lacks ideal size, but possesses blazing speed and is a dangerous return man as well, and should Hilton run the 40-yard dash at the combine in the low 4.4 range as expected, then odds are some NFL team is going to roll the dice on the Panthers standout in the draft's third or fourth round.

With Hilton, it's not so much a matter of the need for speed as it is the need to show his off, and it's very important that he showcase his biggest asset in Indianapolis.

2) No receiver in college football was more productive in 2011 than wideout Jordan White of Western Michigan, who caught a ridiculous 140 passes for over 1,900 yards and 17 touchdowns last year in Kalamazoo.

The 6'0", 215-pound sixth-year senior will have plenty of naysayers to address at the combine both in regards to his durability after missing most of two seasons with knee injuries and his straight-line speed and ability to separate at the next level.

Since White is somewhat diminutive in stature, it's vital to his draft stock that he impress coaches and scouts with his quickness, and every tenth of a second that White can shave from his 40 time at the Combine will boost that stock that much more.

3) 2011 was something of a snakebitten year for Texas A&M wide receiver Jeff Fuller, as the senior struggled with injuries all season long en route to making 70 catches for 828 yards and four touchdowns.

At 6'4" and 220 pounds, size isn't a concern for Fuller, but speed certainly is as many scouts reportedly have serious doubts regarding Fuller's ability to get open in the National Football League.

The easiest way that Fuller can alleviate those fears is by running a 40-yard dash in the mid-4.5 second range, which should get teams drooling over his size a bit more and worrying about his top gear a bit less.

Coach Carter
02-26-2012, 04:41 PM

Really, what inside information do you have that Reese does not? Please share your great wealth of knowledge.

ibbill
02-26-2012, 04:42 PM

He's gonna be expensive too I guess &amp; we all know the Pats won't pay him but will the Giants?

I do know they have to have 3 quality WRs though. Too many season injuries with hamstrings &amp; such.

I don't think they have anyone ready to fill in except Hixon but he's 1 knee injury away from being out of the league &amp; haven't heard even if he can be ready to go this year.

Hmmmmmm......

After looking at his stats HERE (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariomanningham/1030/profile)

He is a #3 WR and can be replaced with out breaking the bank.

Will have to see how he does when the DB are not paying attention to Nicks and Cruz and are keying him. Be very interesting to see.

Good luck to him grab the money look after your family as one poster said.

BigBlue1971
02-26-2012, 04:48 PM

</P>

</P>

this^</P>

i think Jerigan will step up with some promise!</P>

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Hmmmmmm......

After looking at his stats HERE (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariomanningham/1030/profile)

He is a #3 WR and can be replaced with out breaking the* bank.

Will have to see how he does when the DB are not paying attention to Nicks and Cruz and are keying him. Be very interesting to see.

Good luck to him grab the money look after your family as one poster said.

Man I guess stats don't lie for some reason I thought he was a lot more productive than a measly < 600 yards recieving for 2011 season.

ibbill
02-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Really, what inside information do you have that Reese does not? Please share your great wealth of knowledge.
Saturday, GM Jerry Reese said the team has expectations for last year’s third-round pick.
What would he have said no the guys no good.lol

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 05:10 PM

Saturday, GM Jerry Reese said the team has expectations for last year’s third-round pick.
What would he have said no the guys no good.lol

5' 8" is a little short for WR but maybe slot would work right? Can Cruz move to WR or is he 5' 8" too?

BlueBlitzer
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Wouldn't it just kill the Eagles if Smitty signed, and He started ripping them a new but hole moving the sticks ?

RoanokeFan
02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Reese will be looking for Jerigan to step up. It's our M.O. We'll take a WR in the 4th rd unless someone we want happens to fall to us or a veteran FA comes cheap.</p>

TE is our concern on offense as well as the line. Our WR coaching staff has been exceptional. They will get Jerigan up to speed and he knows the system.</p>

This ^