PDA

View Full Version : Manningham's Replacement will be Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech

wgsgiants
02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Stephen Hill just ran a 4.36 at the combine. He thinks he ran 4.30. This is amazing for a 6-5 receiver. Giants can get him in the third round. With Cruz in the slot and Nicks on the outside, his size and speed ratio would be AWESOME for the Giants !!!! He does not have the hands of Calvin Johnson, but he is a talent. Ga Tech has produced stars in the past. here is hoping !!!!</P>

</P>

Go Giants !!! </P>

jakegibbs
02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Stephen Hill just ran a 4.36 at the combine.* He thinks he ran 4.30.* This is amazing for a 6-5 receiver.* Giants can get him in the third round.* With Cruz in the slot and Nicks on the outside, his size and speed ratio would be AWESOME for the Giants !!!!* He does not have the hands of Calvin Johnson, but he is a talent.* Ga Tech has produced stars in the past.* here is hoping !!!!</P>

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>

There ya go the Giants WR promblems are now officially OVER. GO BLUE.

WR4Life
02-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Stephen Hill just ran a 4.36 at the combine.* He thinks he ran 4.30.* This is amazing for a 6-5 receiver.* Giants can get him in the third round.* With Cruz in the slot and Nicks on the outside, his size and speed ratio would be AWESOME for the Giants !!!!* He does not have the hands of Calvin Johnson, but he is a talent.* Ga Tech has produced stars in the past.* here is hoping !!!!</P>

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>

I'm not seeing it. His draft stock is definitely up after today. I don't know if the Giants are going to spend another early round pick on a receiver.

myles2424
02-26-2012, 05:47 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>
Having 3 legit wrs was a huge part of our success , I wouldn't be surprised......one thing I've learned is, we always get surprised on draft day
I'm not seeing it. His draft stock is definitely up after today. I don't know if the Giants are going to spend another early round pick on a receiver.

miked1958
02-26-2012, 05:50 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>
We don't need to waste a draft pick on a WR when we have the answer already on the roster. With more playing time I think any of the 3 could come up huge just like Cruz did. I am talking devin Thomas, barden or JJ

myles2424
02-26-2012, 06:05 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>
We don't need to waste a draft pick on a WR when we have the answer already on the roster. With more playing time I think any of the 3 could come up huge just like Cruz did. I am talking devin Thomas, barden or JJ Thomas & barden haven't shown a thing to make any believe they deserve to be full time wrs.....
And Jernigan got zero experience this year & will basically be a rookie all over again....
We WILL add another WR, when is the question...

barran21
02-26-2012, 06:09 PM
The Raiders see that speed and draft him in the first round...

NewYorkSwagg
02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
We have a lot of talent on the team already we don't need to pick every single guy people feel is a ALL STAR we just prove that this year no onw thought we would win the superbowl this year we have very good young talent. All we need to do is continue building threw the draft and who ever get traded or cut will get replace because the Giants draft really good almost every year.

bLuereverie
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
The Raiders see that speed and draft him in the first round...

They trade up to STL's #2 to do so.

Eli TO Shockey
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if we go WR in the 3rd. especially a 6'5 guy who runs a 4.3...he did draft barden. we didnt really need a wr that year. Hard to predict what JR does in drafts

dubee_j
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, he looked impressive, but can he run routes?

myles2424
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if we go WR in the 3rd. especially a 6'5 guy who runs a 4.3...he did draft barden. we didnt really need a wr that year.* Hard to predict what JR does in drafts
we didn't really need a WR that year? We were extremely desperate for WRs that year, which is why we picked up nicks,barden, beckum, our passing game was embarrassing the year before....

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, he looked impressive, but can he run routes? fast yes but can he run routes?

Evo'Ed
02-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Why is everybody so enamored with drafting another WR with our 1st or 2nd round pick?

WR is definitely not a priority for our team. It is not the 2009 draft where we have a WR in jail due to shooting himself.

Mario was a very good 3rd WR for our team, and yes it's an important position but not a 1st or 2nd round pick priority.

I have a feeling Jernigan can develop into our 3rd WR.

Look at Mario who did nothing his 1st year (4 catches) and his develop into his 2nd year.

I'd rather we draft some good young O-Lineman.

TheBookOfEli
02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
But can he run routes?

Blue daddy
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM
It's hard to catch a ball when your eyes are jumping up and down in your helmet.

rainierjef
02-26-2012, 09:20 PM
he's propelled himself to mid 2nd round. now the question is this is there enough tape on him for teams to be like well hes a solid Receiver not a combine warrior. minimal production at GT we will have to see how this unfolds at his pro day. i'll say this there are alot of talented WR's this year or the fact that they brought in so many to the combine. a good one might slip to us in the 2nd or 3rd just a matter of what reeses priority list is.

i say give eli weapons to choose from, i want our bench littered with weapons to just step in and produce but this is not madden and that not realistic so we will see.

trust the giants FO to make the right call

miked1958
02-26-2012, 09:30 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>
We don't need to waste a draft pick on a WR when we have the answer already on the roster. With more playing time I think any of the 3 could come up huge just like Cruz did. I am talking devin Thomas, barden or JJ Thomas & barden haven't shown a thing to make any believe they deserve to be full time wrs.....
And Jernigan got zero experience this year & will basically be a rookie all over again....
Thomas has showed tremendous speed on STs. Always first man down field. Also first man to reach endzone on the hailmary play vs GB. Has caught a few passes but we don't know a lot about his hands. Barden has become another Moss or Hixon with his injuries. However prior to last injury he showed some flashes. He was ready to come back but they kept him inactive cause there wasn't any room for him on active roster. Well with MM pretty much a lock to go to Tampa he will finally get that make or break chance to shine or be Cut. JJ could be another Star. How much did we know about Cru prior to the injury other then starring in a meaningless preseason game
We WILL add another WR, when is the question...

giantsfan420
02-26-2012, 11:30 PM
To be honest, michael floyd at 32the would be damn near impossible to pass up on. Pre combine he was a late first/second round talent, wonder how much the 4.42 40 pushed his stock. Remember, we took nicks and phillips late first round meaning reese will draft that kind of position if it is bpa that meets need. If we haven't full out addressed the wr corp like reese says we re good with the current roster, drafting floyd could be good bc wed lock up floyd for 4 or 5 yrs for much cheaper now bc of rookie scale now, and if we got nicks cruz taken care of, we could have the same wr corp the rest of elis career...just thinking sorry for the rant

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't consider Manningham's departure to be a "need" we have to fill. We have some interesting young players coming along, and obviously a very solid 1 and 2.

Still I wouldn't hate the pick by any means.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:19 AM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>
I like Georgia Tech talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see a WR in the 1st or 2nd at all.

Flip Empty
02-27-2012, 01:01 AM
You could see a team like the Patriots reaching for this guy in the first round.

hungrrrry
02-27-2012, 08:13 AM
I would prefer a LB or RB (Trent Richardson - if he could fall that far; but only him at RBin the 1st) but if we took another WR then we would have an inexpensive WR corp for 2012 as someone else mentioned. I am not crazy about Jernigan at all...which leave Barden and Thomas, both who I have been hopeful can make the leap that Cruz did, but just get Manningham numbers...that would be fine. However, if we can get another Nicks-talent from the 1st then we really should. Cruz is an elusive WR and is great! No question...but Nicks is just as great in a different way, his physicality. Both of these guys work hard to take it to the house and that would be an awesome thing to also have at our #3, even though I would be just ashappy with a consistant 3rd down grab.

swimeasy
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
You could see a team like the Patriots reaching for this guy in the first round.

Agreed. A deep threat is a high priority for Pats, or at least according to their fans, something they felt would have broken the SB open for them. Whatever.

And comments from TC and Reese at Combine sounded like their first priority for WR was developing more internal potential, as in Jernigan.<span></span> (http://www.giants.com/team/roster/Jerrel-Jernigan/6f8b524f-39ad-4709-b866-f47aac617e11)

I would really like to see some fresh players for Oline, but expect Reese will surprise as usual and do respect his BPA approach for its success in the longer term.

TuckYou
02-27-2012, 11:48 AM
But can he run routes?</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>WHO CARES!!!! HE IS FAST!!!!!</FONT> lol</P>

Honestly, he probably didnt have a great shot at Georgia Tech with the spread / option offense. He didnt have a big impact. This is normally how guys either slip through the cracks or become combine studs to NFL busts. Its not all about how fast he can run. But I must say, very impressed with his speed and being 6'5''. Reminds me of Demaryius Thomas, who also went to GT, who is 6'3'' and ran a 4.3 40. </P>

</P>

Kruunch
02-27-2012, 12:21 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>

Crap hands (for a day 1 talent) and his speed is when he's full throttle ... his acceleration is Barden-like (which is to say, not very good).

His stock is almost all based on his speed which means nothing if he can't catch.

P.S. - He gets blown up at the line in man coverage ... easy to negate his speed.

nycisgreat
02-27-2012, 02:33 PM

*</P>

I have to look into this guy. This guys is really fast.

*Go Giants !!! </P>

bubblesmcgee
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
WR is definitely not a priority for our team. It is not the 2009 draft where we have a WR in jail due to shooting himself.

Neither was DE in 2009 but look how that worked out. Drafting based on need isnt the formula that has been working for the giants. If he is the best player on JR's board when hes on the clock you can bet that Stephen Hill will be a Giant. JR lives and dies by BPA

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
There is no way we spend another high round draft pick on a WR.

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>

Crap hands (for a day 1 talent) and his speed is when he's full throttle ... his acceleration is Barden-like (which is to say, not very good).

His stock is almost all based on his speed which means nothing if he can't catch.

P.S. - He gets blown up at the line in man coverage ... easy to negate his speed.

Well I'm not sure how bad his acceleration could be when his 10 yard split is the fastest in the history of the combine...

jax5338
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
my concern with losing manningham is that nicks seems to get dinged up for a few games at least once a year. was nice to have a relaible guy who is certainly #2 caliber to fill in. im hoping jernigan can actually become a force but he looks like sinorice 2.0 so far.

steve smith anyone? id forgive him

lawl
02-27-2012, 07:03 PM

*</P>

*Go Giants !!! </P>

Well I'm not sure how bad his acceleration could be when his 10 yard split is the fastest in the history of the combine...
Nicely done.

giantsfan39
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
The team expects Jernigan to make a Manningham type leave. Remember Manningham's first and second years in the league.