PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Giants = A ghost town?

NYBlue10
02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Things are not looking good are they?

At this point I would be happy if just Osi comes back.

miked1958
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM

I don't see it that way. If we lose MM, Osi, TT, goff, BJ I feel per front office as they have in past will get guys to,make us forget them just like we forgot tiki, shockey, Mitchell, robbins, Ward, boss, cofield, plax, SS and others

miked1958
02-26-2012, 06:41 PM

I don't see it that way. If we lose MM, Osi, TT, goff, BJ I feel per front office as they have in past will get guys to,make us forget them just like we forgot tiki, shockey, Mitchell, robbins, Ward, boss, cofield, plax, SS and others
Oh and Kevin boss

miked1958
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
And who can forget Madison hedge****

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM

I don't see it that way. If we lose MM, Osi, TT, goff, BJ I feel per front office as they have in past will get guys to,make us forget them just like we forgot tiki, shockey, Mitchell, robbins, Ward, boss, cofield, plax, SS and others ALL IN they should have 10 picks in this draft,Jerry will find a gem or two!

miked1958
02-26-2012, 09:37 PM

I don't see it that way. If we lose MM, Osi, TT, goff, BJ I feel per front office as they have in past will get guys to,make us forget them just like we forgot tiki, shockey, Mitchell, robbins, Ward, boss, cofield, plax, SS and others ALL IN they should have 10 picks in this draft,Jerry will find a gem or two!
Yep me and u are still ALL IN and season has been over for almost a month

miked1958
02-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh and I like the new Avatar better then your old one. Lol

NYGinIN
02-26-2012, 09:45 PM
We've shown this season that we can get by without them and that we have quality depth and make out well in the draft. Now, that's not to say I wouldn't want to see a lot of those guys back.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm feeling pretty positive about things. Hopefully we keep Osi. I feel that all of the others (MM, TT, Goff, Ross) are replaceable. Not easy, but replaceable.

burier
02-27-2012, 10:51 AM
So here we are again just like last off season.

There's no reason to cry about Mario Manningham. Who cries over third recievers??

There's no reason to cry over T2. Who cries over 3rd round draft choices who has already had 2 catastrophic injuries missing a season in which we won the Superbowl anyway??

There's no reason to cry over Goff. Who cries over a middle linebacker who's coming off a catastrophic injury who could only record 54 solos when he last played over a year ago??

Brandon Jacobs will be back so no worries there.

Edit: Osi isn't going anywhere. He likes playing 20 snaps a game which no other team will allow him to do.

TrueBlue@NYC
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
So here we are again just like last off season. There's no reason to cry about Mario Manningham. Who cries over third recievers?? There's no reason to cry over T2. Who cries over 3rd round draft choices who has already had 2 catastrophic injuries missing a season in which we won the Superbowl anyway?? There's no reason to cry over Goff. Who cries over a middle linebacker who's coming off a catastrophic injury who could only record 54 solos when he last played over a year ago?? Brandon Jacobs will be back so no worries there. Edit: Osi isn't going anywhere. He likes playing 20 snaps a game which no other team will allow him to do.</P>

+100, we haven't even really started the offseason or lost any players yet, and the panicking has already begun. </P>

Just remember, after 2007 we lost Osi to injury, strahan to retirement, shockey to tradeand Wilson, Torbor and Mitchele to FA. That's 5 defensive starters and 1 offensivefrom2007 that we didn't have in 2008 and we still had a good regular season that year. </P>

None of the current crop of FA's mean more to this team than strahan did at the time. If they can replace Strahan with guys like Tuck and JPP, they can replace guys like MM, T2 and Goff in need be. </P>

In fact, our highest priority FA should probably be Weatherford. </P>

Giantsin04
02-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I am completely optimistic going forward. We have Eli for another 6-7 years, Reese drafts very well, and the coaching staff is more than solid.

Even if we take a step back this year, we will still be stock piling talent in the draft and getting our cap in order. This will allow the giants to make 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 real solid runs at a title before Eli and TC retire and we look to remake the team.

I hate to see some of these guys go. But, they HAVE to go. Stock pile YOUNG talent, and get well under the cap. That will set us up for another SB.

Firenugget
02-28-2012, 06:43 AM
It may be a blessing actually. I don't particularly think having too many SB winning players gets you to another SB. "IMO" you have to have a good number of players that are hungry for one. Plus, lets be honest, some of these guys are well over paid and cutting ties now will help us in the next few years and allow us to keep getting younger in some spots.

I have 100% trust in whatever this FO does. Even if it means not having all the pieces they would like to have this coming year so that we can get people we want/need the following year or two. I'm just gonna close my eyes and ears until September and see what we ended up with lol.

SehornIsGod
02-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Of all of those picks, I'm most concerned about losing Ross and being shorthanded with CB's. Terrell Thomas can't get as much as he thinks after tearing an ACL. BJ's 30, so it's this year or next year. Goff's clearly replaceable. Osi is probably staying put.

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Have faith in JR.

miked1958
02-28-2012, 08:08 AM
BJ talking about redo on his deal so he can stay.

Eli should redo his deal to allow the FO to resign some guys