PDA

View Full Version : I officially rescind my preferrance to draft Vontaze Burfict

hungrrrry
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM
We really need a high-intensity LB but there is so much negativity swirling around this kid to make this pick worth it in the 1st round...maybe if he fell to the 3rd or 4th it would be a pick to consider but he has issues...I doubt he has a chance to be a Giant

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 07:13 PM
down with that 3rd

TheBookOfEli
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
He needs to have a big day tomorrow if he wants to be a first round pick.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
We really need a high-intensity LB but there is so much negativity swirling around this kid to make this pick worth it in the 1st round...maybe if he fell to the 3rd or 4th it would be a pick to consider but he has issues...I doubt he has a chance to be a Giant
I'm not looking for a LB in the 1st anymore, but I'd take him in the 2nd. It's possible that he could fall.

Pakman
02-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah I wanted him in the 1st, then I heard Mayock **** on him lol. So I don't want him anymore...not in the 1st atleast.

burier
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Wow Mayock has some stroke.

He can change the entire message board's mind with a 2 minute segment.

smashndash715
02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
i never really wanted burfict to begin with BUT mayock to me is the best draft expert there is and is right about what hes saying 99% of the time

Pakman
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM

Loll.. Well to be honest I only liked Burficit because of a highlight video I saw.

Mayock is a good dude and he was the first person I heard say anything positive/negative about him in regards to being in the NFL.

On top of all this..I just trust our FO. If we take him in the 1st I would believe they know what they are doing.

Drafts are no big deal to me anymore.

NYSPORTS
02-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Besides the photo of Burfict pointing at a QB from his position and a few hits down field, I don't understand the love affair with this guy.

giantsforce
02-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Loll.. Well to be honest I only liked Burficit because of a highlight video I saw.

Mayock is a good dude and he was the first person I heard say anything positive/negative about him in regards to being in the NFL.

On top of all this..I just trust our FO. If we take him in the 1st I would believe they know what they are doing.

Drafts are no big deal to me anymore."Drafts are no big deal to me anymore", I guess that Nicks and JPP prove that drafts do not matter much right?
As far as Burfict go, I live in AZ and I have seen him a couple of times playing. He has some good skills, but he is very raw. Also, somehow the other teams seem to be able to get under his skin too easily and make him lose control. I have seen the HC (Dennis Erickson) benching him a couple of times because of stupid penalties that cost them points and ultimately the games. He is not a 1st rounder for sure, if he is available in the 3rd, then we should take him.

Manning2Niks
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I think he just meant he trusts the front office to make proper selections and was basing it off picks like jpp and hakeem.

burier
02-27-2012, 12:35 PM

Drafts are no big deal to me anymore."Drafts are no big deal to me anymore", I guess that Nicks and JPP prove that drafts do not matter much right?
As far as Burfict go, I live in AZ and I have seen him a couple of times playing. He has some good skills, but he is very raw. Also, somehow the other teams seem to be able to get under his skin too easily and make him lose control. I have seen the HC (Dennis Erickson) benching him a couple of times because of stupid penalties that cost them points and ultimately the games. He is not a 1st rounder for sure, if he is available in the 3rd, then we should take him.

honestly we can't pass on talent because of dumb ****.

We get him in on the Giants. Get him around the proper mentors and he'd be fine.

I don't know too much about him other than the fact that this kid is mean which is something we've missed since Strahan retired.

We need someone flying around with a bad attitude.

All that said Mayock does know what hes talking about most of the time so...

Pakman
02-27-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was the one selecting players!

I'm talking about from a fans perspective. I pretty much trust the FO to make the right move. I won't be on here after our pick complaining about how dumb the pick is or what the hell is the FO doing.

I used to go into drafts hoping we would choose the right player, now I really don't go in caring. I just like to see who the Giants pick and why.

Pakman
02-27-2012, 12:51 PM
I think he just meant he trusts the front office to make proper selections and was basing it off picks like jpp and hakeem.

+100

TrueBlue@NYC
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow Mayock has some stroke. He can change the entire message board's mind with a 2 minute segment. Loll.. Well to be honest I only liked Burficit because of a highlight video I saw. Mayock is a good dude and he was the first person I heard say anything positive/negative about him in regards to being in the NFL. On top of all this..I just trust our FO. If we take him in the 1st I would believe they know what they are doing. Drafts are no big deal to me anymore."Drafts are no big deal to me anymore", I guess that Nicks and JPP prove that drafts do not matter much right? As far as Burfict go, I live in AZ and I have seen him a couple of times playing. He has some good skills, but he is very raw. Also, somehow the other teams seem to be able to get under his skin too easily and make him lose control. I have seen the HC (Dennis Erickson) benching him a couple of times because of stupid penalties that cost them points and ultimately the games. He is not a 1st rounder for sure, if he is available in the 3rd, then we should take him.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was the one selecting players!

I'm talking about from a fans perspective. I pretty much trust the FO to make the right move. I won't be on here after our pick complaining about how dumb the pick is or what the hell is the FO doing.

I used to go into drafts hoping we would choose the right player, now I really don't go in caring. I just like to see who the Giants pick and why.

</P>

Ditto, I think we as fans kinda plot out in our minds what WE view the perfect Giants draft as being., which is one that in our heads fills all of out needs with players we like, and when the team does somethign different, we don't fill that they did it right. </P>

I gave up on that after the JPP pick. I wasn't crazy about it at first b/c of the histoty of taking those types of prospects in that spot hadn't historically panned out and b/c of the players we already had. But, JR definitly proved me wrong on that one and ended up making a wonderful draft selection. </P>

TuckYou
02-27-2012, 02:08 PM
He just ran a 4.92 40 time, worst of the LB group by at least .2 seconds.

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Yikes. Let's grab him in the 6th.

Pakman
02-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Yikes. Let's grab him in the 6th.

LOL.

Didn't Brandon Spikes on the Pats run like a have a 40 time of over 5 seconds? He is doing pretty well in NE ...

I am off the bandwagon though. I wouldn't be mad if we got him, but I don't care anymore man. I just really liked his attitude lol.

TuckYou
02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
He just ran a 4.92 40 time, worst of the LB group by at least .2 seconds. Yikes. Let's grab him in the 6th.</P>

And his second attempt.... 5.10!!!!!!!!!</P>

There were lineman running faster then that!</P>

Wow. He will slip deep in the draft Im sure now.</P>

TuckYou
02-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Zach Brown and Kuechly looking really good so far, raising their stock Im sure. Brown ran a 4.44 and 4.45, Kuechly a 4.50

burier
02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
He just ran a 4.92 40 time, worst of the LB group by at least .2 seconds. Yikes. Let's grab him in the 6th.</P>

Its fine. The Giants like slow linebackers.

greenca190
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Its fine. The Giants like slow linebackers.

The guy is not a 4-3 linebacker. Some coordinator out there will plug him in as a 3-4 thumper, and he'll be fine.

TuckYou
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM

Its fine. The Giants like slow linebackers.</P>

I think we have changed our mindset a bit on that. Jaquan Williams, Kiwi, Boley...</P>

I dont usallycare much about the combine, its fun to see the stats and watch people shoot up the boards because they ran fast in their underware, but to me Burfect's runs are a red flag. I know he could run harder so he is either out of shape which points to his character of not giving a crap, or he is just lazy and not giving it all. I think the Gmen should avoid him. </P>

KennyPhillips21
02-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Dude is a total cancer look at his invterviews at the combine he blamed everyone else for his troubles and lack of production this last year he lacks maturity and shows he lacks the work ethic when he comes in and runs a 5.0 40

Pakman
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Dude is a total cancer look at his invterviews at the combine he blamed everyone else for his troubles and lack of production this last year he lacks maturity and shows he lacks the work ethic when he comes in and runs a 5.0 40

Thank whoever you want I am not the GM

The LB's on my list the past three years were

2010 Jamar Charney
2011 Casey Matthews
2012 Vontaze Burficit

If history repeats itself all of the LB's I wanted at one point will be on the Eagles sucking ***

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
He blew it at the combines. He also seemed to have a bit of a attitude.