PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite giant player of all time?

allentown PA
02-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Not trying to be negative but I was thinking there have been very few giant players I disliked...I'm a yankee fan as well and I can name 100's of players I didnt like...giants are a different story....If i had to pick though, I was never a fan of christian peter, thomas lewis, and carlos emmons...oh and Jarrod bunch mostly because I was so high on him when we got him and he never panned out.

Pakman
02-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Will Demps....I hated him

I also disliked CC Brown

cornerback30
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Jarrod Bunch,man whata B U N C H of u know what that pick was.

ibbill
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
matt dodge. ( he does not deserve caps)

bansaw
02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
I hated frank walker

and kurt warner...ya I said it

flimflam
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
CC Brown-drove me nuts

Dave Thomas-the weakest link, and a big one, in John Fox's nasty Giants D of the early millenium. Dude couldn't cover crap opposite Sehorn. Made me miss Phillippi a lot.

Ron Dixon and Thomas Lewis-WRs with speed who were supposed to be what Ike Hilliard ad Amani Toomer were. Dixon did return a kick for us in the playoffs though against the E-Girls.

Ron Dayne and Tyron Wheatley-talk about RB garbage and wasted picks.

Derek Brown-he was supposed to make us say "Bavaro who?"

bLuereverie
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
The Wills. Seemed like their highlights as corners occurred after they left and played against the Giants.

jhamburg
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Dave Meggett, probably the worst human being to wear a Giants uniform.

bearbryant
02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Trey Junkin

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 11:02 PM
CC Brown, Will Blackmon, RW McQuarters.

**** the secondary.

touchdown44
02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
rw mcquarters? some big plays in 07 including game clinching pick in dallas

bansaw
02-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Dave Meggett, probably the worst human being to wear a Giants uniform.beast in tecmo bowl

Bohemian
02-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Wow. What did Meggett do? I have to say that I really enjoyed his contribution during his time with the team.

I have to say that L.T. has become a very sad sight these days, and placing the man with the memories of his great play is no easy thing.

I don't really have hate for anyone, and certainly not some stupid athlete.

I definitely disliked Will Allen's play, since he was supposed to Mark Collins' replacement.

jhamburg
02-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Wow.* What did Meggett do?*

Serial rapist/general scumbag, currently in prison.

I can't say I hated him for his play, but if there is one guy I wish never played for the Giants, it would be him.

Bohemian
02-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Wow. What did Meggett do?

I can't say I hated him for his play, but if there is one guy I wish never played for the Giants, it would be him.

Wow... I had no idea. Sad stuff.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
02-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Matt Dodge.

Tiki Barber.

Jay Feeley.

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 11:47 PM
rw mcquarters? some big plays in 07 including game clinching pick in dallasGimme picks.

He almost blew the game in GB with that fumble. I couldn't stand him as a punt returner, kind of like Blackmon now. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on him, he was the best fair catcher in all the land.

GmenFan1980
02-26-2012, 11:58 PM
rw mcquarters? some big plays in 07 including game clinching pick in dallasGimme picks.

He almost blew the game in GB with that fumble. I couldn't stand him as a punt returner, kind of like Blackmon now. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on him, he was the best fair catcher in all the land.

I watched the green bay game again....Found it amazing he Fumbled an interception AND a punt return :/. But I never disliked him. Winning a championship can do that at times lol

GmenFan1980

I watched the green bay game again....Found it amazing he Fumbled an interception AND a punt return :/. But I never disliked him. Winning a championship can do that at times lol

GmenFan1980
Double Post! sorry

gmen0820
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM

I watched the green bay game again....Found it amazing he Fumbled an interception AND a punt return :/. But I never disliked him. Winning a championship can do that at times lolI honestly don't know why I'm so bitter towards him lol. I really just don't like him hahaha

NYG 5
02-27-2012, 12:20 AM
CC Brown-drove me nuts

Dave Thomas-the weakest link, and a big one, in John Fox's nasty Giants D of the early millenium. Dude couldn't cover crap opposite Sehorn. Made me miss Phillippi a lot.

Ron Dixon and Thomas Lewis-WRs with speed who were supposed to be what Ike Hilliard ad Amani Toomer were. Dixon did return a kick for us in the playoffs though against the E-Girls.

Ron Dayne and Tyron Wheatley-talk about RB garbage and wasted picks.

Derek Brown-he was supposed to make us say "Bavaro who?"

thomas lewis was useless. but ron dixon, while injury plagued later in his career, i think was a pretty clutch player.came up big in all the playoff games, including the super bowl, aside from the kick return, he also got some separation down the field at times, although was never really targeted. also stepped in well during the SF playoff debacle, and had some catches to setup the trey junkin disaster. but at least he contributed some, unlike a lot of high draft picks from the 90s and early 2000s. better than sinorice moss, anyway.

i didnt like brent alexander, not as much for being a bad player, but for being slow and started in favor of shaun williams.

gxbhkt
02-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Jim Burt for going after Hoss knee's in NFC champ game (pay backs a ***** ask Joe Montana )

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I can't think of anyone that I "hated", but Sinorice Moss really got on my nerves. I couldn't understand why we had drafted him, and he just clogged up a roster spot for about 4 years, but felt like 20 years to me because I couldn't wait for him to be cut.

There was also an OT that made my hair fall out. I forgot his name, but he was a backup who had spent his career on Atlanta, but he spent his last year on the Giants in '06, I believe. He was always good for 1 or 2 personal fouls whenever he played and he would admit that he did it on purpose and that he wasn't going to change his ways. He was an unbelievable idiot.

jomo
02-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Jim Burt for going after Hoss knee's in NFC champ game (pay backs a ***** ask Joe Montana )?? missed that.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Jim Burt for going after Hoss knee's in NFC champ game (pay backs a ***** ask Joe Montana )?? missed that.
I don't know if Burt ever admitted to going after Hoss's knee, but yeah, the Giants certainly felt that he did and the Giants D made it a point to "get Montana," which they did.

Bohemian
02-27-2012, 12:49 AM

That was horrible to watch. Treason in every sense of the word. I have to say that I don't hate Burt at all, but that was a moment that he should apologize for.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 01:05 AM

That was horrible to watch.* Treason in every sense of the word.* I have to say that I don't hate Burt at all, but that was a moment that he should apologize for.

I heard Burt say that he wasn't aiming for the knee or had no intent on a dirty play, but if anyone ever watches a replay, it sure likes deliberate to me. Thank God Hoss was able to survive that hit on his knee because nobody (even the Giants) could believe that he got up from that play. Hoss was one tough dude.

Toadofsteel
02-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Matt Dodge (goes without saying)
Dave Brown (not really his fault, just the first qb after LT left)
Shockey

P_Simms_#11
02-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Matt Dodge gave me agita.

Martyr
02-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Steve Smith how do you sign with the Giants biggest rival? Glad to see he didnt plan out

TheEnigma
02-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Jeremy Shockey because if he wasn't such a dimwit and put forth a little more effort, he could of had a much better career. That and probably affecting Eli's mental growth on this team with his shenanigans and jackassery.

I can't really find myself hating guys like Dodge or Moss because while they really sucked, it's not like they were bad people. Not everyone can crack it in the NFL.

dave56dj
02-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Brian Mitchell - did nothing to turn around our return game - in fact set it back a bit.

swimeasy
02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Wow. What did Meggett do?

Wow... I had no idea. Sad stuff.

Very sad.

His son is in this year's draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630318/davin-meggett

arrjay
02-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Hated the play of.. Elvis "Toast" Patterson

swimeasy
02-27-2012, 06:17 AM

That was horrible to watch. Treason in every sense of the word. I have to say that I don't hate Burt at all, but that was a moment that he should apologize for.

I heard Burt say that he wasn't aiming for the knee or had no intent on a dirty play, but if anyone ever watches a replay, it sure likes deliberate to me. Thank God Hoss was able to survive that hit on his knee because nobody (even the Giants) could believe that he got up from that play. Hoss was one tough dude.

Loved Burt as a player, but that completely changed my mind about him as a person:

''Everyone said we couldn't stop the 49ers,'' Giants defensive end Leonard
Marshall said. ''They deserved all the respect in the world, but no one
is invincible. We played physical, aggressive football and we did it for
60 minutes. We were relentless.''

With the Giants trailing 13-9, Marshall picked himself up off the ground
after being blocked down, gave chase and hit Montana squarely from behind.
Montana never saw Marshall coming . . . and never knew what struck him.

''It was a good, clean hit, just a football hit, but I knew I hurt him bad,''
Marshall said. ''I knew he wasn't going to be back. I could hear him moaning.''

Marshall's play, coming with 9:41 remaining, began the sequence of events
that brought the 49ers (15-3) down.

Montana suffered a bruised sternum and a fracture of the little finger on
his right [throwing hand. Afterward, the 49ers team physician said that
Montana would have been unable to play in the Super Bowl.

''I still don't know what happened,'' Montana said. ''I'm still having a
tough time breathing deeply.''

Though Marshall intended no malice, his hit was delivered as the Giants
were still seething over a tackle that knocked their own quarterback, Jeff
Hostetler, out for a series.

On the Giants' previous possession, 49ers nose tackle Jim Burt had lunged
low at Hostetler on a second-down passing play. Hostetler, his left leg
planted as he set to throw, took a shot from Burt's helmet directly on the
left knee.

Hostetler stayed down for several minutes, but the injury - a hyperextension
- wasn't as serious as feared. The Giants were very serious - and mad at
Burt, their former teammate.

''I yelled at Burt,'' Taylor said. ''I hollered, 'If that's the way you
want to play, that's how we'll play. But someone else was going to lose
a quarterback.''

Montana was put out on the next series, finished after completing 18 of
26 passes for 190 yards, including a 61-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver
John Taylor with 4:32 elapsed in the third quarter for a 13-6 lead."

full piece: http://home.earthlink.net/~seifertsite/1990games/giants290.html (http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eseifertsite/1990games/giants290.html)

hungrrrry
02-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Jeremy Shockey</P>

Bill Sheridan as DC</P>

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Dave Brown

Grail72
02-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Mine is Scott Brunner.

I hated his play at Quarterback, (he should have never been named starter over Phil in '83) and when I was a kid, my dad worked for the stadium and I have to say, with someone who was so talentless, he was a real arrogant ******. He made a bad impression on an 9 year old kid, who,almost 30 years later, still remembers what an a-hole he was.
One of the worst Quarterbacks I have ever seen in a Giant Uniform.... and we have had some bad ones!

Diamondring
02-27-2012, 08:25 AM
I really have no players I hated. There are ways to work around weaknesses.I liked Dave Brown and thought that he didn't have enough weapons to work with and the Giants were in developement stage so they should be concetrating on developing. I think that the closes person I hated was Kerry Collins because he made some stupid mistakes like throw the ball into the air when he should have taken a sack. Yet even then, I wanted the Giants to get him a decent O-line etc.

nhpgiantsfan
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Luke Pettigut. I know he wasn't terrible, but he always seemed to ruin a drive with a false start.

burier
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Dave Meggett, probably the worst human being to wear a Giants uniform.beast in tecmo bowl

Using LT was like cheating.

GIANTfaninFL
02-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Could there be anyone else?

CC BROWN

bigjeep
02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
matt dodge. ( he does not deserve caps)

egyptian420
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Jeremy Shockey</p>

Bill Sheridan as DC</p>
lmao....I was thinking Sheridan too but didn't say it because he's not a player....he really pissed me off more than any single player (including Dodge)

jax5338
02-27-2012, 03:43 PM
jason garrett

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 03:48 PM

**** the secondary.

How can you hate RW? The man did some special things for our '07 team.

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 03:48 PM

I also disliked CC Brown

Will Demps. I remember the name, but I seriously don't remember this kid.

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I hated frank walker

Frank was crazy in a stupid way.

bigblue4417
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Harooni is gonna flip. lol

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Mine is Scott Brunner.

I hated his play at Quarterback, (he should have never been named starter over Phil in '83) and when I was a kid, my dad worked for the stadium and I have to say, with someone who was so talentless, he was a real arrogant ******. He made a bad impression on an 9 year old kid, who,almost 30 years later, still remembers what an a-hole he was.
One of the worst Quarterbacks I have ever seen in a Giant Uniform.... and we have had some bad ones!

Interesting to learn he was an arrogant ****** (as you put it). Especially since he sucked.

rickker20
02-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Rocky Thompson "useless"

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Luke Pettigut. I know he wasn't terrible, but he always seemed to ruin a drive with a false start.

The truth.

He was tough. I was always like "but he's a first round pick", "but he really sucks"!

bleedblueVA
02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Jesse palmer

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Looks like CC wins. Piece of crap that he was. He never deserved to be a Giant.

burier
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM

I also disliked CC Brown

Will Demps.* I remember the name, but I seriously don't remember this kid.

You remember Will Demps the pretty boy model. I believe he made a name for himself in ....Baltimore was it? before he got here.

Wasn't much in coverage but would lay the wood.

Cleaned Shockey's clock in training camp and celebrated the hit despite Shockey writhing in pain on the ground..(Which is quite funny in retrospect)

Would be a fine/suspension waiting to happen in the current climate.

egyptian420
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM

I still think Sheridan is more to blame for his ridiculously incompetent schemes. CC Brown actually had a great game against us 2 seasons ago when he was playing for the Lions.

manning to shockey
02-27-2012, 04:17 PM
CC Brown hands down the worst.

sharick88
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Atiim Kiambu Hakeem-Ah Barber

FloydEddings2
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Can't say I 'hate' any Giants but the ones who've made me yell most at the screen are:

1. Shockey (ugh, what a meathead)
2. Plaxcio or Relaxico as he is known in my household
3. Carlos Emmons
4. Luke Pettigout -false start anyone?
5. Dave Brown - after awhile you stopped being angry and just felt sorry for him. So outclassed. Watching him try to throw the ball in the wind was painful.

Axels15
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Shockey

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 07:07 PM

I also disliked CC Brown

Will Demps. I remember the name, but I seriously don't remember this kid.

You remember Will Demps the pretty boy model. I believe he made a name for himself in ....Baltimore was it? before he got here.

Wasn't much in coverage but would lay the wood.

Cleaned Shockey's clock in training camp and celebrated the hit despite Shockey writhing in pain on the ground..(Which is quite funny in retrospect)

Would be a fine/suspension waiting to happen in the current climate.

Ok yes, the safety.

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 07:09 PM

I still think Sheridan is more to blame for his ridiculously incompetent schemes. CC Brown actually had a great game against us 2 seasons ago when he was playing for the Lions.

It's not so much that he sucked playing for us. It was that he didn't give a ****. He was so out of touch.

BlueSanta
02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Dave Meggett, probably the worst human being to wear a Giants uniform.

While he was playing for us, I loved that guy. But, ya hard to remember him fondly after what he has done.

egyptian420
02-27-2012, 08:23 PM

It's not so much that he sucked playing for us. It was that he didn't give a ****. He was so out of touch.

True but who on that defense wasn't that season? The players didn't buy into the scheme at all. I remember the Carolina game which was the last game in Giants stadium and we just looked like complete trash....it seemed like no one even cared anymore.

Although Osi was the only one who showed it, the entire defense (or team for that matter) hated Bill's guts.

Brandon jacobs
02-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Tiki Barber definitely. A drama ***** in the locker room and called eli out that he would never be a leader, then the following year.. SB ring #1 and now #2. i wonder how his handbag reports are going..lol probably playing football in Canada to pay off his debt to his wife.

Roosevelt
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM

True but who on that defense wasn't that season? The players didn't buy into the scheme at all. I remember the Carolina game which was the last game in Giants stadium and we just looked like complete trash....it seemed like no one even cared anymore.

Although Osi was the only one who showed it, the entire defense (or team for that matter) hated Bill's guts.

That must have been the game where he had a big-*** smile on his face at the end while I was sick to my stomach.

egyptian420
02-27-2012, 10:03 PM

That must have been the game where he had a big-*** smile on his face at the end while I was sick to my stomach.

I don't even recall that...wow...what a proud failure

gmen0820
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM

**** the secondary.

How can you hate RW?* The man did some special things for our '07 team.
I don't know! I just couldn't stand him.

Plus he nearly blew the Packer game.

JDE123
02-28-2012, 02:27 AM
I hated Ron Dayne because he stunk.

I hate Brandon Jacobs because he stinks AND he's a giant dumb ***.

I'm not sure I hated him, but it bugged me how good Ed McCaffrey became a few years after he left New York.

BurnerNYG
02-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Dhani Jones... how he left and joined the Eagles and was talking smack on the sideline during that 1st game of the season when they beat us. I couldn't stand that bow tie wearing, guitar playing, Don King fro rocking weirdo.

BurnerNYG
02-28-2012, 02:46 AM
I didn't care for Jay Feely either after he missed all those field goals against Seattle. I didn't like Kenny Holmes either, I thought Ernie should've signed Simeon Rice.

Tommy3rd
02-28-2012, 05:54 AM
never liked the kid who got drafted because his brother Santana was good. Sat around and collected a paycheck. Im impressed that he was able to be "good enough" to stay with the Giants but not do anything the whole year.
Did he have connections?

Firenugget
02-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Man...There are so many lol. Almost as many as favorites.

hmm if I can only pick one.....Strictly speaking about what they did/didn't do on the field (no off field, personal problems) I may have to go with Ron Dayne. Just an absolute bust.

Roxersboxers
02-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Shockey+1

Landshark
02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Ron Dayne

BlueSanta
02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
My least favorite Giant was not a Player. It was a coach and his 1st name was Ray.

giantyankee1976
02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Demps
CC Brown
Sehorn (over-rated)
Dhani Jones
matt Dodge
sinorice moss

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Man...There are so many lol. Almost as many as favorites.

hmm if I can only pick one.....Strictly speaking about what they did/didn't do on the field (no off field, personal problems) I may have to go with Ron Dayne. Just an absolute bust.

Watching Dayne play was like watching Jacobs on a bad day, only all the time.

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Sehorn (over-rated)

You dislike a player because he's overrated? Seems odd.

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
I hated Ron Dayne because he stunk.

I hate Brandon Jacobs because he stinks AND he's a giant dumb ***.

I'm not sure I hated him, but it bugged me how good Ed McCaffrey became a few years after he left New York.

I never understood why the Giants gave up on McCaffrey so easily. And didn't he wind up with the Broncos -- not too bad getting to play with Elway.

But I remember thinking that McCaffrey had game in the limited opportunities that the Giants gave him. Was it Reeves that gave up on him? I wouldn't be surprised.

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Sehorn (over-rated)

Sehorn wasn't overrated. I thought he was an excellent CB until he had that serious knee injury. He wasn't the same after that.

NYSPORTS
02-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Will Allen

Dave Brown

Barret Green yet the guy never played

Bohemian
02-29-2012, 12:03 AM
You win!!! That was the worst thing that happened to me as a fan. I actually stopped watching for a while because it was so painful. I can't believe that we took that idiot over Belichick... I guess that I could use my family's catholic logic, and justify so much pain with two Championships and counting... the demons have been exorcised indeed.

Martyr
02-29-2012, 12:25 AM
CC Brown, Will Blackmon, RW McQuarters. **** the secondary.

How can you hate RW? The man did some special things for our '07 team.
I don't know! I just couldn't stand him. Plus he nearly blew the Packer game.</P>

Maybe it was that dumb *** band-aid he'd wear on his face week in and week out</P>

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
You win!!! That was the worst thing that happened to me as a fan.* I actually stopped watching for a while because it was so painful.* I can't believe that we took that idiot over Belichick... I guess that I could use my family's catholic logic, and justify so much pain with two Championships and counting... the demons have been exorcised indeed.

If you're referring to Handley, those were horrible days indeed but I don't believe he was taken over Belichick. I believe the timeline is Belichick was already gone to Cleveland, as were TC (Boston College) and Groh (Notre Dame?). Handley was the last man standing when Parcells retired shortly before training camp. I believe that Handley did not even want the job as HC.

slipknottin
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Jonas Seawright.

Fat *** ate everyones lunches.

Thats why they won the SB the year after they cut him.

JMFP2
02-29-2012, 12:52 AM

I heard Burt say that he wasn't aiming for the knee or had no intent on a dirty play, but if anyone ever watches a replay, it sure likes deliberate to me. Thank God Hoss was able to survive that hit on his knee because nobody (even the Giants) could believe that he got up from that play. Hoss was one tough dude.</P>

Hoss. He was the ****ing man.</P>

JMFP2
02-29-2012, 12:55 AM
You win!!! That was the worst thing that happened to me as a fan. I actually stopped watching for a while because it was so painful. I can't believe that we took that idiot over Belichick... I guess that I could use my family's catholic logic, and justify so much pain with two Championships and counting... the demons have been exorcised indeed.
If you're referring to Handley, those were horrible days indeed but I don't believe he was taken over Belichick. I believe the timeline is Belichick was already gone to Cleveland, as were TC (Boston College) and Groh (Notre Dame?). Handley was the last man standing when Parcells retired shortly before training camp. I believe that Handley did not even want the job as HC.</P>

George Young didn't like Parcells, and Parcells and his coaches were tight. The writing was on the wall for Belichick .... he had no shot at the HC spot.</P>

Gmen2005
02-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Jacobs is quickly rising on my list. I'm so sick of him.

slipknottin
02-29-2012, 01:58 AM

Because why?

Bohemian
02-29-2012, 03:04 AM

Because why?

I too find him to be as dumb as a door-nob, but the guy has performed well enough to overtake his ridiculous sound bites. I can't stand his interviews, but I am glad that he plays with the Giants. I would hate to see him on another uniform. He is one of those guys who does not know how to turn things down a few notches after the final whistle, and in front of the media... truly frustrating to watch at times. That whole crazy talk after the super bowl was insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxlkF2KTYM

JDE123
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
It was Reeves who gave up on McCaffrey, but Ed hadn't done much up to that point and didn't really break out for 3 or 4 seasons after leaving New York.

bansaw
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I forgot about Headbutt Bob Whitfield

Duckdownman
03-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Thomas randolph....i swear everytime he came in the opposing QB's eyes lit up

Harooni
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
worst in recent years james butler

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/New+York+Giants+v+Minnesota+Vikings+ceY9RmrJax7l.j pg

stormblue
03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Joe Pisarcik.

all the idiot had to do was take a knee.

the Giants were indescribably horrid in the '70's

Joe Pisarcik has to be the poster child.

bansaw
03-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Joe Pisarcik.

Joe Pisarcik has to be the poster child.no one knew about taking the knee before that

he was instrumental in bringing that into the game

so he's got that going for him

stormblue
03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Joe Pisarcik.

Joe Pisarcik has to be the poster child.no one knew about taking the knee before that

he was instrumental in bringing that into the game

so he's got that going for him

Joe Pisarcik had already kneeled (well ,actually back then they just went all the way to the ground covering the football instead of one knee , same damn thing ) on 2nd down. then on third down he tried handing off to Czonka like a dumb-***.

Firenugget
03-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Sehorn (over-rated)

He wasn't really overrated anyways. He was pretty damn good until Fassel had him returning kicks and he blew out his knee. He was never the same player after that...Still can't understand how he could possibly be anyone's least favorite. I mean he had to pull up his pants once, lol...But hey, I would too.

Joe Morrison
03-02-2012, 01:02 PM
How about Elvis - Toast - Patterson!</P>

Tyrone Wheatly, best sideline to sideline runner ever in the NFL!</P>

TroyArcher
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Scott Brunner and Jay Feeley. I happened to meet both of them many years apart and they were both jerks.

TroyArcher
03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
How about Elvis - Toast - Patterson!</P>

Tyrone Wheatly, best sideline to sideline runner ever in the NFL!</P>

</P>

</P>

For some reason I didn't like Patterson and he did have the greatest nickname of all time for a DB (Toast).</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Not trying to be negative but I was thinking there have been very few giant players I disliked...I'm a yankee fan as well and I can name 100's of players I didnt like...giants are a different story....If i had to pick though, I was never a fan of christian peter, thomas lewis, and carlos emmons...oh and Jarrod bunch mostly because I was so high on him when we got him and he never panned out.

Gerris Wilkinson

RonJon
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Dave Brown

gmen0820
03-02-2012, 03:14 PM
worst in recent years* james butler

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/New+York+Giants+v+Minnesota+Vikings+ceY9RmrJax7l.j pg
James Butler was one of the most underrated Giants.

He made all the secondary calls and provided continuity. All of those 2009 blown coverages happened because of a lack of communication, and it is no coincidence that it happened after Butler left.

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Jim Burt for going after Hoss knee's in NFC champ game (pay backs a ***** ask Joe Montana )

I agree. Jim Burt was a filthy player and a lowlife. I coudlnít stand him.

Dave Megget is a lowlife. He deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his sociopathic life.

Those are the two NY Giants I canít stand more than anyone.

Mar

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Dhani Jones... how he left and joined the Eagles and was talking smack on the sideline during that 1st game of the season when they beat us. I couldn't stand that bow tie wearing, guitar playing, Don King fro rocking weirdo.

I canít stand Dhani Jones either.

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Demps
CC Brown
Sehorn (over-rated)
Dhani Jones
matt Dodge
sinorice moss

Jason Sehorn was never the same after the knee injury. That was a brilliant move to use him as a returner.

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 03:47 PM
You win!!! That was the worst thing that happened to me as a fan.* I actually stopped watching for a while because it was so painful.* I can't believe that we took that idiot over Belichick... I guess that I could use my family's catholic logic, and justify so much pain with two Championships and counting... the demons have been exorcised indeed.

If you're referring to Handley, those were horrible days indeed but I don't believe he was taken over Belichick. I believe the timeline is Belichick was already gone to Cleveland, as were TC (Boston College) and Groh (Notre Dame?). Handley was the last man standing when Parcells retired shortly before training camp. I believe that Handley did not even want the job as HC.

I think you are right.

The main reason we did not get Bill Belichek is because Bill Parcells pulled his wishy washy nonsense and stayed around a year too long. It was almost as if Tuna wanted to make sure he left NY Giants with nothing. The guy was a great football mind but a selfish miserable human being.

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 03:47 PM
double post

zimonami
03-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Fran Tarkenton... you had to be there... the guys on our O-Line disliked him because he was always pointing fingers and calling them inept. He was a Viking to me, not a Giant.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Craig Morton.
He was a Cowboy and was never welcomed as a Giant in 1974.

Tommy Maddox because he was Reeve's Denver boy.

Those 3 guys were never Giants in my heart.
The other's mentioned in other posts, like Dave Brown, are pretty much disliked because they under-performed. That didn't bother me, as long as they gave effort, and they were original Giants, not re-treads from another team.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Fran Tarkenton... you had to be there... the guys on our O-Line disliked him because he was always pointing fingers and calling them inept. He was a Viking to me, not a Giant.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Craig Morton.
He was a Cowboy and was never welcomed as a Giant in 1974.

Tommy Maddox because he was Reeve's Denver boy.

Those 3 guys were never Giants in my heart.
The other's mentioned in other posts, like Dave Brown, are pretty much disliked because they under-performed. That didn't bother me, as long as they gave effort, and they were original Giants, not re-treads from another team.

good stuff zim..tark was before my time but I consider him a viking...I never liked Brian Mitchell..was great for washington and philly but was crap for us.

NYG 5
03-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Sehorn (over-rated)

He wasn't really overrated anyways. He was pretty damn good until Fassel had him returning kicks and he blew out his knee. He was never the same player after that...Still can't understand how he could possibly be anyone's least favorite. I mean he had to pull up his pants once, lol...But hey, I would too.

eh, those injuries weren't as bad, since their main damage was just taking him off the field and wasting 2 years of his youth. he had a good year in 2000, but then he developed microfracture, and thats what did him in

NYGinIN
03-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Danny Kannel or Dave Brown. those were hard years

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 09:07 PM

I canít stand Dhani Jones either.

never liked him either..carlos emmons was another I couldnt stand.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Danny Kannel or Dave Brown. those were hard years

they made the playoffs with kannel so i cant put him on this list imo

sharick88
03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Philip Rivers

Voldamort
03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Not trying to be negative but I was thinking there have been very few giant players I disliked...I'm a yankee fan as well and I can name 100's of players I didnt like...giants are a different story....If i had to pick though, I was never a fan of christian peter, thomas lewis, and carlos emmons...oh and Jarrod bunch mostly because I was so high on him when we got him and he never panned out. Kurt Warner,Dave Brown,Craig Morton,Kerry Collins,Dan Reeves FOR NOT BEATING DALLAS, NO BALLS!!!

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Philip Rivers

Hahahaha, great call!!!

heavyhitter
03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Better question, how many posters are related to a former Giant that constantly gets called out in threads like these? I can't be the only one so "man up". I personally think some of you guys exaggerate a bit but it's all good.

bansaw
03-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Better question, how many posters are related to a former Giant that constantly gets called out in threads like these? I can't be the only one so "man up". I personally think some of you guys exaggerate a bit but it's all good.sorry but he sucked

heavyhitter
03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Better question, how many posters are related to a former Giant that constantly gets called out in threads like these? I can't be the only one so "man up". I personally think some of you guys exaggerate a bit but it's all good.sorry but he sucked

<font size="2">Lol- He got a football scholarship to a major D1 school and had a lengthy career in the league (most of which he played for the Giants). *** like this happens every day though, right.</font>

alau53
03-04-2012, 05:40 PM
i hated dave brown..first they cut my favorite giant phil simms after he had a good '93 season..made no sense..they did it because young and reeves thought brown was a top QB similar to rodgers in green bay..what a mistake..it cost the giants 5 years to overcome this decision

BParcells777
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
anyone who ever wears or wore a Giants uniform is Aces in my book

I dont dislike any of them

now when it come to the fans and posters thats a different story

titwio
03-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Has anyone mentioned Danny Kanell yet? If not then he is my choice.

Toadofsteel
03-05-2012, 03:29 AM
i hated dave brown..first they cut my favorite giant phil simms after he had a good '93 season..made no sense..they did it because young and reeves thought brown was a top QB similar to rodgers in green bay..what a mistake..it cost the giants 5 years to overcome this decision

I wonder what would have happened if we had TC or belicheck as our head coach after Parcells instead of Handley... would the Dave Brown teams have performed better?

NYG 5
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
whoever thought it was an ok idea to start Jeff Roehl at left tackle

alau53
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM

I wonder what would have happened if we had TC or belicheck as our head coach after Parcells instead of Handley... would the Dave Brown teams have performed better?

dave brown was not part of handley era..he was in the reeves and fassel eras..reeves was a good coach and fasselll was a qb guru..the dave brown teams did poorly because of dave brown

BParcells777
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Fatso Flanagan

the_fish62
03-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Better question, how many posters are related to a former Giant that constantly gets called out in threads like these? I can't be the only one so "man up". I personally think some of you guys exaggerate a bit but it's all good.

Who are you related to?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-06-2012, 02:20 AM
I hated Jay Feeley with a passion. I also hated Brown, Palmer (the bachelor), Petigout, Will Allen.

Most hated Giant for me though has to be Fran Tarkenton.

Firenugget
03-06-2012, 08:23 AM

<font size="2">Lol- He got a football scholarship to a major D1 school and had a lengthy career in the league (most of which he played for the Giants). *** like this happens every day though, right.</font>

...who? Or are you two having a secret conversation? [:-*]

zimonami
03-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I hated Jay Feeley with a passion. I also hated Brown, Palmer (the bachelor), Petigout, Will Allen.

Can't imagine why Feeley got your wrath.
Tarkenton was disliked by his own Offensive Line... very much. He frequently threw them under the bus. in statements about their inadequacy.

HeGoesDeep
03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Dave Brown and Matt Dodge

qndarius3
03-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Bad Bad C.C. Brown is very high on the list for me.

Will Allen for never ever ever catching the ball is up there too.

Relentless
03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Tiki. Not because of what he did on the field but because he was a cancer in the locker room and because he still tried to tear the team down after he retired and moved to the booth.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Can't imagine why Feeley got your wrath.
Tarkenton was disliked by his own Offensive Line... very much. He frequently threw them under the bus. in statements about their inadequacy.
I hate Jay Feeley because of the Seahawks game. That was the angriest I have ever been after a Giants loss. I don't know why, but that game pissed me off more than both "miracle at the meadowlands".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b4udS30UoQ

I almost destroyed my living room.

Sanntee31
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Jim Burt, Cedric Jones, Cory Miller, Danny Kannel, Thomas Lewis, Ron Stone, Dave Thomas, Ralph Brown.

yoeddy
03-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Mine is Scott Brunner.

Scott Brunner is the reason why I became a Giants fan...lol!

(he grew up in the next town over from my hometown, and I thought it was cool that a pro player was from nearby)...