PDA

View Full Version : TE in Round 1

eastbayblue
02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Most of the mock drafts I have seen have the Giants taking either Fleener or Allen in the 1st round. I think if either of these guys are available they have to take them. Then go OL or LB in round 2, RB or Receiver in 3. Thoughts?

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Please no more WR draft picks even if Manning ham leaves. JR will do what he usually does in round 1 BPA.

myles2424
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Please no more WR draft picks even if Manning ham leaves. JR will do what he usually does in round 1 BPA.If Jernigan stinks it up, people will realize how important that 3rd WR spot was.....

eastbayblue
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Surprisingly no other teams seem interested in taking a tight end in round 1, this is in our favor. In 2008 the same situation happened with the safety position and at 32 Phillips I am pretty sure was the 1st safety taken. If this is the case again and no TE has gone we gotta get one!

DragonSoul
02-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Please no more WR draft picks even if Manning ham leaves. JR will do what he usually does in round 1 BPA.TE and or OL sounds best option. Go with BPA out of those 2. WR it sounds as TC and JR are optimistic w/JJ. Not over ally concerned at all about a wr. I could even see Thomas getting a shot.

But the two main spots I am concerned about is OL and now TE with all the injuries. Bear will stay, Ballard will be back after his recovery and I would be surprised if Beckum is back and if he is, isn't this like his 3rd major injury in 3 years?

TheEnigma
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking the best value to grab a TE might be in the 3rd to 5th round range this year.

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.

DragonSoul
02-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking the best value to grab a TE might be in the 3rd to 5th round range this year.

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.most seem to be saying that the top 2 TES like Allen and the other TE are legit #1 wrs, and if we can grab them as the last pick in the 1st round, it would be a huge pick based on need and situation.

If they were suppose 2 be a round 2-3 prospect then i would agree, but it seems most think they are the round 1 caliber guys.

TheEnigma
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.most seem to be saying that the top 2 TES like Allen and the other TE are legit #1 wrs, and if we can grab them as the last pick in the 1st round, it would be a huge pick based on need and situation.

If they were suppose 2 be a round 2-3 prospect then i would agree, but it seems most think they are the round 1 caliber guys.What I'm saying is that while Allen and Fleener are the top 2 TE's so far, I personally believe guys like Orson Charles, Michael Egnew, or even James Hanna could possibly match that production while using a lower pick. If you had someone like Cordy Glenn, Mark Barron, or one of the various first round DT's fall to us at #32, you'd have to consider passing on Allen and Fleener.

eastbayblue
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM
If Fleener or Allen are available at 32, I guarantee they would qualify as BPA and one of them would be taken, too good to pass up.

GGTM_1977
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
But if the best TEs are not projected to go till Rd 2, why waste our #1 pick on one? Go with BPA, which I hope is either OL or DB......get a good valued TE in the later rounds. We got Boss with a 4th pick right?

eastbayblue
02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
But if the best TEs are not projected to go till Rd 2, why waste our #1 pick on one? Go with BPA, which I hope is either OL or DB......get a good valued TE in the later rounds. We got Boss with a 4th pick right?

I always say get an impact player in round 1, since we selected Boss the position has evolved and is now becoming a new dynamic in the NFL. With the potential loss of Manningham this solves 2 needs. Then the need to replace him in the slot becomes less critical and we can insert guys like Jernigan.

GGTM_1977
02-27-2012, 04:56 PM

I always say get an impact player in round 1, since we selected Boss the position has evolved and is now becoming a new dynamic in the NFL. With the potential loss of Manningham this solves 2 needs. Then the need to replace him in the slot becomes less critical and we can insert guys like Jernigan.

Yeah but as somebody suggested we could just take Hynoski, spit him out as a TE receiving. He is short for TE, but so is Hernandez for NE....he is like 6'1 and 245lbs. This could hellp with Ballard and Beckum being on PUP for a bit.......

buddy33
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
The only way they take a TE in the 1st is if Reese sees the guy as a 1st round talent. He is not going to reach to take a TE, and right now I'd say they don't go TE.

Reese does not panic. He did not over pay Boss last year and he didn't start trying to trade or over pay for another TE. He drafts well and picks up FA's.

Axels15
02-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Just gotta hope that more teams reach for QB's this year and in turn, drop a good prospect down to us.

I'd rather not go for one in the first. Mayock says he doesnt think any of them are worth a first round grade, and I normally trust his judgement

JesseJames
02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
do the Giants draft BPA or do they go BPA at a position of need, I ask this because there seems to be some misunderstanding about this on this board, actually I have seen them go both ways so I don't think any of it is etched in stone...

Voldamort
02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
BPA Jerry will never reach for this!!! No TE in this draft is worth a number one draft pick!

calzonesays
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM

they are saying some QBs stocks going up.

Seahawks like Osweiler, Dolphins like Tannehill. It will probably be a Jake Locker/Christian Ponder scenario again this season, teams who missed on QBs in FA will have to reach for a "franchise" QB.

It is really nice having an Elite QB and not having to go QB chasing draft after draft.

miked1958
02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Most of the mock drafts I have seen have the Giants taking either Fleener or Allen in the 1st round. I think if either of these guys are available they have to take them. Then go OL or LB in round 2, RB or Receiver in 3. Thoughts?
Not first round.

They will bring along Hopkins and hopefully get back one of the two injuries guys