PDA

View Full Version : What's he Worth

ibbill
02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I said Manningham is an avg WR man they let me know how wrong I was. lmao

Contract how much would you pay him a year to sign on the dotted line.

Drez
02-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Well, they let you know you were wrong because you were wrong, lol. He might not be a top tier guy, but he's an explosive receiver that will likely fare better in a system that has more stright up route concepts.</P>

Now, to answer the contract question, I need to know details... Am I looking to sign him here, as our 3rd WR? What's thecap look like? Am I looking to sign him on another team whereI expect that he'll be a 1 or 2 WR? Again, what's my cap situation there? The contract I'd give him would be different here than, say, in TB.</P>

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had tobe concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz. Add thefact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'lllikely be wishing that we still had MM, then.</P>

JesseJames
02-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...

ibbill
02-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, they let you know you were wrong because you were wrong, lol. He might not be a top tier guy, but he's an explosive receiver that will likely fare better in a system that has more stright up route concepts.</P>

Now, to answer the contract question, I need to know details... Am I looking to sign him here, as our 3rd WR? What's the*cap look like? Am I looking to sign him on another team where*I expect that he'll be a 1 or 2 WR? Again, what's my cap situation there? The contract I'd give him would be different here than, say, in TB.</P>

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had to*be concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz. Add the*fact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'll*likely be wishing that we still had MM, then.*</P>

Yike says he may be going to TB whats he worth on the open market

Drez
02-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...</P>

It's nothing like what Shockey was complaining about. I shouldn't have to explain the difference, so I won't.</P>

Drez
02-27-2012, 07:03 PM

Now, to answer the contract question, I need to know details... Am I looking to sign him here, as our 3rd WR? What's thecap look like? Am I looking to sign him on another team whereI expect that he'll be a 1 or 2 WR? Again, what's my cap situation there? The contract I'd give him would be different here than, say, in TB.</P>

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had tobe concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz. Add thefact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'lllikely be wishing that we still had MM, then.</P>

Yike says he may be going to TB whats he worth on the open market</P>

On the open market he's worth somewhere in the $5m-$8m/yr range depending on team need, cap space, and incentives.</P>

nhpgiantsfan
02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...

This statement is not fair to Mario. Everybody wants the ball more, and that's normal. The difference with Shockey was that he would scream and yell in the huddle about it. There has never been one report about MM causing any problems on the field or off about the lack of passes thrown to him. He is a FA now, and if he want more chances, then now is the time that it is ok to say that.

Eli TO Shockey
02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
MM will cash in. im thinking 5 years 40 mil. (wayyy overpaid)

RoanokeFan
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM

What's in a word? Average is a word we see as a negative. This is especially true in the work place. Yet average has been defined as "meeting expectations." So, are we to assume the expectations are low?

In Mario's case, he was the # 2 receiver as this year started. Both he and Nicks lost time due to injuries giving Victor Cruz opportunities and, when the dust settled, Mario found himself at # 3. Not because he had changed, but because Cruz was playing better. I happens all the time.

Now, Mario will get a chance to showcase his talents on another team. Not so much because he's not wanted, but because we can't pay him what other teams desperate for a good wide receiver will offer him.

We should wish him well wherever he goes.

Voldamort
02-27-2012, 07:45 PM

Contract how much would you pay him a year to sign on the dotted line. too much for the Giants to pay next up!

NoHuddle10
02-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Manningham is an average WR. 2-3 million a year deal TOPS.. I bet he gets 4 or so a year on the open market. I wouldnt pay him more than 2 a year.

ibbill
02-27-2012, 08:38 PM

Manningham is an average WR. 2-3 million a year deal TOPS.. I bet he gets 4 or so a year on the open market. I wouldnt pay him more than 2 a year.

Agree personally any more than 2 mill a year he would be over paid

GameTime
02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Giants have way too much to deal with FA wise, needs wise, and cap wise. MM will be gone.....</P>

no need to even keep talking about it.....</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-27-2012, 09:20 PM

However, he won't be easily replaced, even though his production may be. <FONT color=#0000ff size=4>He was a legitimate receiver that other teams had tobe concerned about, even if they were more worried about Nicks and Cruz <FONT color=#000080 size=5>WAY MORE</FONT></FONT>. Add thefact that Nicks is good for missing a game or two a year, and we'lllikely be wishing that we still had MM, then.</P>Fixed the above, B.B. got what he wished for by smothering Nicks and Cruz. M.M. stuck it up his butt. I would love to keep M.M. but it isnt gonna happen. He needs the money now that he has the ring. Wish him good luck and we will move on. NEXT MAN UP!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-27-2012, 09:29 PM
8 million a season????No way, more like 8 years 28 million.

bLuereverie
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
$7million+ is #1 receiver money which is ludicrous.

At best he is around a $4mil a year player. Maybe a shorter contract where he can stretch it to 5-6

JesseJames
03-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Manningham said that he wants the ball more and thats one of the reasons he expects to move on because he won't get that here.. sounds a lot like what Shockey always yelled about...</P>

It's nothing like what Shockey was complaining about. I shouldn't have to explain the difference, so I won't.</P>

you must read the sports pages from another country if you don't know that Shockey complained ALL the time about not getting the ball enough, he always gave Eli a hard time in every game about not getting the ball, so a player wanting the ball more means just what that says....

bansaw
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
4 years 11 to 14 million

nhpgiantsfan
03-01-2012, 12:59 PM

you must read the sports pages from another country if you don't know that Shockey complained ALL the time about not getting the ball enough, he always gave Eli a hard time in every game

about not getting the ball, so a player wanting the ball more
means just what that says....

Dude, he knows Shockey was like that. That's why he was saying MM was nothing like Shockey, which he is totally right about. MM NEVER was a problem with Eli and never complained or caused problems. Now that he is a FA he is saying he wants to get more balls. Do you blame him.

He is nothing like Shockey. Don't insult MM like that.

JesseJames
03-01-2012, 05:07 PM

you must read the sports pages from another country if you don't know that Shockey complained ALL the time about not getting the ball enough, he always gave Eli a hard time in every game

about not getting the ball, so a player wanting the ball more
means just what that says....

Dude, he knows Shockey was like that. That's why he was saying MM was nothing like Shockey, which he is totally right about. MM NEVER was a problem with Eli and never complained or caused problems. Now that he is a FA he is saying he wants to get more balls. Do you blame him.

He is nothing like Shockey. Don't insult MM like that.

the comparison I was making between the two is that MM says he wants the ball more and thats exactly what Shockey always said, thats all...

myles2424
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
wow, I can't see that....I like ham, but think if he goes to a team that he's their only hope for WRs them someone is going to a hard time....
He needs to go to a team that already has their #1