PDA

View Full Version : Dontari Poe

M0rbid
02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
346 pounds and can run........ Would love him with the Giants :D

gmen0820
02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Mayock says this kid reminds him of Haloti Ngata. Obviously that is best case scenario, but Mayock is as respected as it gets in this business, I mean if McShay said it, no one would care.

heavyhitter
02-27-2012, 09:35 PM
<font size="2">He can certainly move pretty damn fast for a man his size, strong as an oxe too! He made some money today, draft stock has gotta be on the rise. I'd like to see some tape on him.</font>

giantsfan420
02-27-2012, 09:37 PM
I saw a lot of mocks say he falls to us. He's one of the few dl prospects id be fine with taking first round

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 09:38 PM
346 pounds and can run........ Would love him with the Giants :D

I just hope the Cowboys don't grab him and move Ratliff to RDE

NewYorkSwagg
02-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I would love for the Giants to get him but I doubt that happen not in the first round, DT is the lease of our worries.

gmen0820
02-27-2012, 09:43 PM
I would love for the Giants to get him but I doubt that happen not in the first round, DT is the lease of our worries.And if Linval or Canty go down, who plays? We will have two proven DTs on the roster?

heavyhitter
02-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Mayock says this kid reminds him of Haloti Ngata. Obviously that is best case scenario, but Mayock is as respected as it gets in this business, I mean if McShay said it, no one would care.<font size="2">Mayock is one of the best in biz it terms of judging talent, can't say the same for McShay. I'll take what he says w/ a grain of salt. I remember he had Ole Miss QB Javon Snead going in the 1st round, that was a joke. I actually like Mel Kiper, some have issues w/ him, but the guy does know his s** when it comes to football.</font>

gmen0820
02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Mayock says this kid reminds him of Haloti Ngata. Obviously that is best case scenario, but Mayock is as respected as it gets in this business, I mean if McShay said it, no one would care.<font size="2">Mayock is one of the best in biz it terms of judging talent, can't say the same for McShay. I'll take what he says w/ a grain of salt. I remember he had Ole Miss QB Javon Snead going in the 1st round, that was a joke. I actually like Mel Kiper, some have issues w/ him, but the guy does know his s** when it comes to football.</font>
Poor ****ing Snead ignored the draft advisory committee because of McShay's prediction and went undrafted.

McShay is widely criticized by personel people and GMs. Kid is just bad at what he does lol.

alau53
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tackles

gmen0820
02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tacklesHe hasn't played football in 2 years. He is essentially as prepared as Plaxico was this past year.

I do think Austin has a bright future, but he's 2 years away as far as I'm concerned.

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I saw a lot of mocks say he falls to us. He's one of the few dl prospects id be fine with taking first round

He was a 1st/2nd prospect already and just had the workout of a lifetime, I can't imagine how he would fall to us.

gmen0820
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM

He was a 1st/2nd prospect already and just had the workout of a lifetime, I can't imagine how he would fall to us.Yeah there are a couple teams who would love to have him ahead of us. SD, Pitt, GB, maybe even Baltimore, NE maybe.

bLuereverie
02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Would be a redundant pick from a positional standpoint, but still one that they would find use for.

If anything, him moving up will simply knock more good players down the boards toward the Giants.

DownWitJPP
02-27-2012, 11:32 PM
gmen drafted a potential rotation guy with the 2nd pick in last yrs draft..ellis..he got hurt out was out all year..so maybe we got 3 good tackles

who is Ellis? lol
Marvin Austin was our 2nd round pick but he tore his pec

I think Poe is gonna be a beast, if hes available at 32 we have to take him

DownWitJPP
02-27-2012, 11:32 PM

who is Ellis? lol

I think Poe is gonna be a beast, if hes available at 32 we have to take him

XxBigWhitxX
02-27-2012, 11:35 PM

who is Ellis? lol

I think Poe is gonna be a beast, if hes available at 32 we have to take himI think if Glenn, Konz, or Martin isn't there then we go Poe all the way.

TheEnigma
02-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Part of me is worried that this guy falls to the Eagles honestly.

heavyhitter
02-28-2012, 02:45 AM
<font size="2">I'm amazed a guy that big can run like that. In his 3 years playing for Memphis, he had 5 sacks and 21.5 TFL. His numbers don't do him any justice though cause the guy was constantly double teamed from what I hear. TOP 25 pick IMO</font>

buddy33
02-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Don't give up in Austin people. I know, he has not played in two years, but he was in the limited training camp of last years lock out season and was getting great reviews by everyone.

As long as he has been taking care of himself and staying in shape I think he can contribute this year. With a full training camp and pre season he can get back to speed and be used in a rotation. He put up some freakish numbers himself.

jomo
02-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Part of me is worried that this guy falls to the Eagles honestly.<FONT color=#ff0000>Dream team baby! lol</FONT>

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 08:01 AM
I do not see him being there at 32.

DownWitJPP
02-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Don't give up in Austin people. I know, he has not played in two years, but he was in the limited training camp of last years lock out season and was getting great reviews by everyone.

As long as he has been taking care of himself and staying in shape I think he can contribute this year. With a full training camp and pre season he can get back to speed and be used in a rotation. He put up some freakish numbers himself.

I'm not giving up on Austin at all, I think he will become a really good player as well.

I doubt we bring back Rocky Bernard Or Jimmy Kennedy so we will need another DT for the rotation.

keep an eye on Craig Marshall though, JPP and J. William's teammate at USF. They just recently re-signed him. He has a relentless motor just like JPP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZr8nQf8TAE

tonyt830
02-28-2012, 08:09 PM
I do not see him being there at 32.I can see the Steelers, Texans, and Chargers drooling all over themselves to get him in the 1st rd.</P>

</P>

</P>

Voldamort
02-28-2012, 08:15 PM
I would love for the Giants to get him but I doubt that happen not in the first round, DT is the lease of our worries.And if Linval or Canty go down, who plays? We will have two proven DTs on the roster? Austin

JJC7301
02-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Anytime they want to spend high quality picks on the D-line, I've got no problem with it. Nor the secondary as well...and I used to complain about all of the high picks in the secondary.

Kruunch
02-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Poe had a great Combine ... he will not fall to the #32 pick (some 3-4 defense that needs a Nose Guard will gobble him up).

If he does fall to us, I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Poe had a great Combine ... he will not fall to the #32 pick (some 3-4 defense that needs a Nose Guard will gobble him up). If he does fall to us, I'd grab him in a heartbeat.</P>

no doubt.....thats the kind of player you grab whether a primary need or not. </P>

He will be gone by 32 for sure.....</P>

BlueSanta
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Even prior to the combine there were strong rumors that the Steelers are after this kid.

Kruunch
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Even prior to the combine there were strong rumors that the Steelers are after this kid.

Steelers, Texans, Cowboys

All would be good fits for this kid.

heavyhitter
03-05-2012, 07:04 AM
I saw a lot of mocks say he falls to us. He's one of the few dl prospects id be fine with taking first round<font size="2">I'd be very surprised if that happens. I just can't see him falling to 32 overall.</font>