PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Manningham, thanks for the memories!

DEgiants89
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/27/manningham-says-hes-75-percent-certain-to-leave/

he wants out real bad

GmenFan1980
02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QMeAbvv51g

Flip Empty
02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Good god, another one

Bohemian
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
He is definitely looking for the biggest offer possible. I hope that he has a great career going forward.

DEgiants89
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
he def looks like he wants a bigger role and more money...I mean if that is what he wants then that is what he wants.

miked1958
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
He is definitely looking for the biggest offer possible.* I hope that he has a great career going forward.

He will flop overall like all the others that left for greener pastures

Giants10Joe
02-27-2012, 11:50 PM
He gets paid to be a number 1 or 2 WR, then I can't blame him for leaving and wish him luck as long as he doesn't go to a division rival or the Jets. However, if he leaves for a team offering about the same amount as the Giants and becomes a #3 for another team or signs with a division rival I'll be grouping him with Steve Smith.

rgbleedsblue
02-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Mario may find out that Eli doesn't play for the other teams. He will run his slants out of bounds too often and end up a struggling #3 WR. Eli taught him well as he will Jernigan and Barden. Thanks Mario for the memories. Once a G-man, always a G-man!

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Good luck in Tampa with Josh Freeman throwing the passes to you and being double covered all the time as there #1 WR.

GJRNYG
02-28-2012, 08:11 AM
<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">Good bye Mario.
</h4>

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 09:33 AM
So? </P>

Can you guys really blame him? He just got his championship which he made a huge impact on the playoff run, ran his rookie contract dry and is ready for his payday. He is behind Nicks and Cruz here. He wants to have a bigger role. Plus, he can barely form proper sentences. Not to be mean, but he is probably one of the worst speakers I have ever heard. Save the $$$ for Nicks and Cruz. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't mind if he wants to get paid more money because he deserves it.

But to leave for the same or close to the same amount of money? Later dude.

But I believe it's the former, just because he could be a legitimate #1 or #2 receiver somewhere else

Joe Morrison
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't mind if he wants to get paid more money because he deserves it. But to leave for the same or close to the same amount of money? Later dude. But I believe it's the former, just because he could be a legitimate #1 or #2 receiver somewhere else</P>

At no time with the Giants has he ever shown the ability to be a #1 reciever, he has a couple big catches and everyone thinks he's Randy Moss in his prime.</P>

He is as good as he is because the other guys get all the attention, where were his #'s when Nicks wasn't on the field with him.</P>

Eli makes him better than most other QB's will because he understands the other teams weak spots and takes advantage of them.</P>

He will be lucky to catch 35 balls next year with that line up of QB's on the teams that have shown interest.</P>

If the GMEN offer him 4 over 4 he should take it, otherwise he could be shortening his career becasue not to many other teams will put up with his part time play.</P>

DEgiants89
02-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I don't mind if he wants to get paid more money because he deserves it. But to leave for the same or close to the same amount of money? Later dude. But I believe it's the former, just because he could be a legitimate #1 or #2 receiver somewhere else</P>

At no time with the Giants has he ever shown the ability to be a #1 reciever, he has a couple big catches and everyone thinks he's Randy Moss in his prime.</P>

He is as good as he is because the other guys get all the attention, where were his #'s when Nicks wasn't on the field with him.</P>

Eli makes him better than most other QB's will because he understands the other teams weak spots and takes advantage of them.</P>

He will be lucky to catch 35 balls next year with that line up of QB's on the teams that have shown interest.</P>

If the GMEN offer him 4 over 4* he should take it, otherwise he could be shortening his career becasue not to many other teams will put up with his part time play.</P>

correct....he just has tons of hype right now. Remember he hardly catches the ball cleanly either until these playoffs really.

galaxy10
02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
We will be fine without him. He is an inconsistent player. The catch he made in the SB was great, but it was also a great throw by Eli. What I do not like about this guy is that he continues to make mental mistakes and that is just inexcusable. He continues to run incorrect routes at the sidelines and does not leave enough room for Eli to get the ball to him in bounds. How many times do we need to see this, he even did it in the SB and if he had run his route right, it would have been a huge play. I just don't see him as a #2 receiver, I think he is a #3 receiver and will be nothing more. Consistency is the key to winning. I just don't see the love affair with this guy. If he was smart, he would stay put with the Giants, look what happened with Smith. But then again, he is not a smart guy.

NYFan221
02-28-2012, 11:21 AM
We will be fine without him. He is an inconsistent player. The catch he made in the SB was great, but it was also a great throw by Eli. What I do not like about this guy is that he continues to make mental mistakes and that is just inexcusable. He continues to run incorrect routes at the sidelines and does not leave enough room for Eli to get the ball to him in bounds. How many times do we need to see this, he even did it in the SB and if he had run his route right, it would have been a huge play. I just don't see him as a #2 receiver, I think he is a #3 receiver and will be nothing more. Consistency is the key to winning. I just don't see the love affair with this guy. If he was smart, he would stay put with the Giants, look what happened with Smith. But then again, he is not a smart guy.

leaving for more money than he's worth, and a bigger, starting role on a team is not smart?