PDA

View Full Version : In the perfect position to trade down and pick up an extra #1 or #2

Warchild
02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
With all the hype about the TE position now in the NFL and no true prospects worthy of early 1st consideration, there may be teems willing to leapfrog everyone in the early second round to get Fleener/Allen/Charles or maybe even Tannenhill if he is still on the board?

Or course with the Pats picking right ahead of us, I'm sure they will try to pick up extra picks to do just that.

I think our #32 pick though could be a spot many teams try to trade up to.

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 11:49 AM
With it being the last Day 1 pick there could be interest in it. I just do not want to see us trade down to far.

Giants Of New Jersey
02-28-2012, 11:52 AM
agree, but with us already having about 9-10 picks, I don't see us being that interested in a trade. We will probably take the best player available. Also, I don't see how the #32 pick could land us an extra #1.

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
agree, <U>but with us already having about 9-10 picks</U>, I don't see us being that interested in a trade. We will probably take the best player available. Also, I don't see how the #32 pick could land us an extra #1.</P>

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what are you talking about? What extra picks do we have? I have heard nothing about this.</P>

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
agree, <U>but with us already having about 9-10 picks</U>, I don't see us being that interested in a trade. We will probably take the best player available. Also, I don't see how the #32 pick could land us an extra #1.</P>

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what are you talking about? What extra picks do we have? I have heard nothing about this.</P>

</P>

Can anyone confirm this? I cant find anything on that.</P>

FourthAndOne
02-28-2012, 01:24 PM

</P>

Can anyone confirm this? I cant find anything on that.</P>

I managed to find this. http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012-nfc-east-draft-picks/giants-2012-draft-picks/
According to that, we will have six of our own picks (losing one b/c of trade for Rosenfels), plus potential two compensatory picks for Boss and Smith (But do we lose one for signing Baas? Not really sure how compensatory picks work)

M0rbid
02-28-2012, 01:27 PM
For this year's draft, I wouldn't mind if they trade down for an extra number 1 or 2 pick.

RoanokeFan
02-28-2012, 01:27 PM
With all the hype about the TE position now in the NFL and no true prospects worthy of early 1st consideration, there may be teems willing to leapfrog everyone in the early second round to get Fleener/Allen/Charles or maybe even Tannenhill if he is still on the board?

Or course with the Pats picking right ahead of us, I'm sure they will try to pick up extra picks to do just that.

Don't the Pats have two first and two second round picks?

Warchild
02-28-2012, 01:32 PM
The pats picked up the saints 1st rounder this year for moving down the Saints 2nd round spot last year. We should consider the same if that deal comes to us

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 02:24 PM

The 32nd isn't particularly desirable ... especially since you can trade for the 33rd pick which takes a huge drop in value (depending who's card you follow).

I hope we don't trade out of the first ... I'd like to get one of those TEs.

Diamondring
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM

The 32nd isn't particularly desirable ... especially since you can trade for the 33rd pick which takes a huge drop in value (depending who's card you follow).

I hope we don't trade out of the first ... I'd like to get one of those TEs.Hey, I have to go with you on that one but still though, more picks wouldn't be bad at all with Reese's and his staff's nack of getting good players.

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 03:31 PM

I hope we don't trade out of the first ... I'd like to get one of those TEs.Hey, I have to go with you on that one but still though, more picks wouldn't be bad at all with Reese's and his staff's nack of getting good players.

True.

I have yet to see Reese horde picks the way the Pats have done in the past but I agree with you ... it would be nice to see considering our track record with drafting.

Of course part of those amazing drafts is our knack for drafting low 1st round picks that become instant starters (CWeb (2nd round pick but first pick that year), Phillips, Ross, Nicks, Kiwi, JPP, etc ...).

Diamondring
02-28-2012, 03:42 PM

True.

I have yet to see Reese horde picks the way the Pats have done in the past but I agree with you ... it would be nice to see considering our track record with drafting.

Of course part of those amazing drafts is our knack for drafting low 1st round picks that become instant starters (CWeb (2nd round pick but first pick that year), Phillips, Ross, Nicks, Kiwi, JPP, etc ...).You are right about Reese stayng where he is at and you may get one of those tes since I bet one of them might fall to the second round. I also say that the Giants could get the first second round overall wich may be better than one of the early first rounders.

TheEnigma
02-28-2012, 03:52 PM
The only situation I see that would involve the Giants trading out of the 32nd and moving into the early 2nd would be if a team was interested in one of the QB's still available. I feel moving back a few spots isn't that big of a drop in terms of prospect talent but of course, it'll all depend on who is and who isn't on the board at that time.

Firenugget
02-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Maybe I'm crazy but how do you trade your 1st round #32 pick and end up with another 1st round pick....?

GMENAGAIN
02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
With all the hype about the TE position now in the NFL and no true prospects worthy of early 1st consideration, there may be teems willing to leapfrog everyone in the early second round to get Fleener/Allen/Charles or maybe even Tannenhill if he is still on the board? Or course with the Pats picking right ahead of us, I'm sure they will try to pick up extra picks to do just that. I think our #32 pick though could be a spot many teams try to trade up to. The 32nd isn't particularly desirable ... especially since you can trade for the 33rd pick which takes a huge drop in value (depending who's card you follow). I hope we don't trade out of the first ... I'd like to get one of those TEs.</P>

Mayock doesn't have a single TE with a first round grade . . . . just sayin'</P>

pino
02-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Maybe I'm crazy but how do you trade your 1st round #32 pick and end up with another 1st round pick....?

I think he means a 1st from a future draft.

Voldamort
02-28-2012, 09:23 PM
With it being the last Day 1 pick there could be interest in it. I just do not want to see us trade down to far. me too

GIANTSACK
02-28-2012, 09:49 PM
For this year's draft, I wouldn't mind if they trade down for an extra number 1 or 2 pick.

Am I missing something.. How do we get an extra 1st if we are dead last in rd 1

JJC7301
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
I'd be fine with standing pat or moving down as long as its not too far down. There will be plenty of quality players in the early 2nd round who could be considered 1st rounders who the FO will like.

Plus, 2nd round picks are of course less expensive than 1st rounders.