PDA

View Full Version : We lost 2 draft picks (2011 5th and a cond 2012) for Darius Reynaud and Sage?

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
New York Giants ? Minnesota (PD). The New York Giants traded this conditional selection and a 2011 fifth-round selection to Minnesota for running back Darius Reynaud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius_Reynaud) and quarterback Sage Rosenfels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sage_Rosenfels).<SUP id=cite_ref-70 class=reference><SPAN>[</SPAN>source 16<SPAN>]</SPAN> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_Draft#cite_note-70)
</SUP></P>

<SUP class=reference>Can anyone verify this? What pick are we losing?</P></SUP>

Roxersboxers
02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
yeah its just a sventh rounder this year im pretty sure

NewYorkSwagg
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
I love the number 1 and 3 picks I really wish it go that way, but it would be even better if they say with the number 2 Charles from Georgia I would lose it hahaha.

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
I forgot about that trade.

Redeyejedi
02-28-2012, 02:37 PM
It was a conditional pick but does anyone know the conditions. I would think he would of had to play a snap at least to meet them. Ive been asking around to some of the writers on Twitter and nowhere is it listed they lost the pick.
On Vikings.com the pick isnt listed as 1 of there draft picks while 2 other trades are

VIkings.com

Below are the picks the Vikings hold heading into the 2012 NFL Draft, which will take place starting on Thursday, April 28 and going through Saturday, April 28. Note that the Vikings expect to receive compensatory picks for losing Sidney Rice and Ray Edwards via free agency a year ago, so the list below will be updated in the coming weeks.

Round 1, Pick 3, No. 3 Overall

Round 2, Pick 3, No. 35 Overall

Round 3, Pick 3, No. 67 Overall

Round 4, Pick 3

Round 5, Pick 3

Round 6, Pick 6 (The Vikings got this pick from Cleveland in a trade for DE Jayme Mitchell.)

Round 7, Pick 3

Round 7, Pick 16 - (The Vikings got this pick from New England in the trade for WR Randy Moss.)

Sidney Rice Compensatory Pick - TBD

Ray Edwards Compensatory Pick - TBD

Traded Picks

Round 6, Pick 3 - The Vikings traded this pick to Washington for QB Donovan McNabb.

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I love the number 1 and 3 picks I really wish it go that way, but it would be even better if they say with the number 2 Charles from Georgia I would lose it hahaha.</P>

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl7q_iHazyeLlmcmnSyC7Jpy4624lrD TVvGq4U2Ko1g6wgudk1Cw</P>

Redeyejedi
02-28-2012, 02:45 PM
I got tweeted back from a VIkings Beat Writer for ESPN. The conditions of the trade were tied to Reynauld and they were not met . The Giants keep their pick

bubblesmcgee
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
who do we get comp picks for? smith and cofield?

GameTime
02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
I got tweeted back from a VIkings Beat Writer for ESPN. The conditions of the trade were tied to Reynauld and they were not met . The Giants keep their pick</P>

sweet....nice job resourcing for info....</P>

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
who do we get comp picks for? smith and cofield?</P>

Ok, well we dont lose any for the Reynaud trade because the requirements were not met. </P>

I would think we get picks for Smith, Cofield and Boss, but lose picks for Baas. So Baas probably cancels out Cofield, the 2 better picks, and Smith and Boss could pull in 2 6ths maybe?</P>

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I love the number 1 and 3 picks I really wish it go that way, but it would be even better if they say with the number 2 Charles from Georgia I would lose it hahaha.</P>

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl7q_iHazyeLlmcmnSyC7Jpy4624lrD TVvGq4U2Ko1g6wgudk1Cw</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6gF_odmR3iU/S9FfkXJiIfI/AAAAAAAAAQY/H7LLHoLT2Zc/s1600/DoYouSpeakEnglish.gif

Giants Of New Jersey
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I love the number 1 and 3 picks I really wish it go that way, but it would be even better if they say with the number 2 Charles from Georgia I would lose it hahaha.

..........what

giantman8493
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM

Ok, well we dont lose any for the Reynaud trade because the requirements were not met. </P>

I would think we get picks for Smith, Cofield and Boss, but lose picks for Baas. So Baas probably cancels out Cofield, the 2 better picks, and Smith and Boss could pull in 2 6ths maybe?</P>I don't think it works like that.

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM

I would think we get picks for Smith, Cofield and Boss, but lose picks for Baas. So Baas probably cancels out Cofield, the 2 better picks, and Smith and Boss could pull in 2 6ths maybe?</P>

I don't think it works like that.</P>

Something like that. I know we get picks for losing FAs and the value or round depends on how productive they were and how much they played. So Cofield would of been something like a 5th, Boss and Smith a 6th or 6th and 7th. Then Baas we lose a pick for picking up a FA who played a bunch. </P>

Redeyejedi
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Its tied to salary,playing time and production. There is a guy that predicts them and he is fairly accurate thinks the Giants will get a 5th and a 7th

bubblesmcgee
02-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Its tied to salary,playing time and production. There is a guy that predicts them and he is fairly accurate thinks the Giants will get a 5th and a 7th

do you know what the tender has to do with it? i thought i remembered the giants putting a second rd tender on smith

Redeyejedi
02-29-2012, 08:24 AM

do you know what the tender has to do with it? i thought i remembered the giants putting a second rd tender on smithHe was an UFA so there wasnt a tender. If there was he would of been a Giant for sure

miked1958
02-29-2012, 10:41 AM
yeah its just a sventh rounder this year im pretty sure</P>

no matter what round it turns out to be in hindsight it is was wasted picks. those guys were a washout</P>

Flip Empty
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM

no matter what round it turns out to be in hindsight it is was wasted picks. those guys were a washout</P>
At the time they weren't, especially the one for Sage. He's a quality backup, and with Sorgi going on IR, a replacement was required.
Reynaud did stink though.

TuckYou
02-29-2012, 11:14 AM

At the time they weren't, especially the one for Sage. He's a quality backup, and with Sorgi going on IR, a replacement was required. Reynaud did stink though.</P>

One of the worst return guys I ever saw, and as Giants fans, we know about horrible return guys. </P>