PDA

View Full Version : Too much crying about the officials

daynemustgo
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
and nothing that happened yesterday was as bad as what happened in the SF playoff meltdown.

Let it go and move on.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
and nothing that happened yesterday was as bad as what happened in the SF playoff meltdown.

Let it go and move on.one thing has nothing to do with another. Starting tomorrow it is a dead story, yet it is still a fact.

I have not blamed the refs in years for us losing a game, even though we had many bad calls this year.

I look forward too seeing the Pack in the playoffs and having another Deja vu moment ala 07.

Gianthunter
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
and nothing that happened yesterday was as bad as what happened in the SF playoff meltdown. Let it go and move on.Sorry valid concerns along with defensive collapse.

yshock
12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
we are 6 and 6 and out of the playoffs

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
we are 6 and 6 and out of the playoffsnot if you understand basic math and know what our up coming schedule is.

It won't be a cake walk as none of the games have been this year, but at least the Giants have Fate in their own hands once again.

nycisgreat
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Let it go and move on.

True. True, but you still forget the fact that they got hosed. Jeff Triplette is the same ref who didn't know overtime rule and thought the finger tip juggling act by jennings was a touchdown catch. We got hosed, but you are right. I still think about the SF playoff game from time to time.

JMFP2
12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I think one can believe both:

A) The Packers earned the win.

AND....

B) The refs sucked c###.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM

AND....

B) The refs sucked c###.Earned the win is questionable, but they are a very very good team on offense and have a few good players on defense, but are very beatable.

TroyArcher
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
we are 6 and 6 and out of the playoffs

I don't like our chances but beat the Cowboys next week (Cowboys are not a very good team) and we lead the NFC East. You really think the Giants have no chance against the Cowboys?

jomo
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
and nothing that happened yesterday was as bad as what happened in the SF playoff meltdown. Let it go and move on.Regarding yesterday's game I totally agree but it is one of the critical issues that only the commissioner can fix, that is the embarrassing level of competence among league officials. They are mostly too old to keep up with the pace of the game. The walk to the video booth is becoming cartoon like. Just let someone call down and tell them what happened.

fourth&forever
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
You think that was bad officiating? You haven't seen anything yet. Just wait till we play the turds.

krygny
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
we are 6 and 6 and out of the playoffsnot if you understand basic math and know what our up coming schedule is. ...
Oh. Well yeah, there is that.

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM

AND....

B) The refs sucked c###.Earned the win is questionable, but they are a very very good team on offense and have a few good players on defense, but are very beatable.

But no one has beaten them yet.....just sayin.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 10:54 PM

AND....

But no one has beaten them yet.....just sayin.
Sounds familiar.

buddy33
12-06-2011, 08:07 AM
People are not complaining about holding calls or lack of them by Green Bay. They are angry that they blew 2 call in the end zone resulting in 4 points less for the Giants and 4 points more for the Packers. That's is how you lose games. Say what you want about play calling or defense or offense. When the refs are that bad and the Packers are that good you stand no chance to win and it stinks.

buddy33
12-06-2011, 08:07 AM
People are not complaining about holding calls or lack of them by Green Bay. They are angry that they blew 2 call in the end zone resulting in 4 points less for the Giants and 4 points more for the Packers. That's is how you lose games. Say what you want about play calling or defense or offense. When the refs are that bad and the Packers are that good you stand no chance to win and it stinks.

RonJon
12-06-2011, 09:26 AM
So lets hope the Giants anger over the questionable calls helps further fuel their anger and determination this week against the Cowboys. Use it as extra motivation

daynemustgo
12-06-2011, 10:32 AM

It does stink but it is what it is. If the Refs say Ballard was out, he was out. If the Refs say Driver scored, he scored. Facts and fairness have nothing to do with it (sadly).

buddy33
12-06-2011, 10:40 AM
So what is the problem with fans discussing it? Nothing said on this message board means anything. It's just a place to discuss Giants football and the bad calls are what's hot right now.

daynemustgo
12-06-2011, 10:44 AM
You, and others, will do as you please. My point is that nothing will change the calls now, so why continue to be worked up about it.

RoanokeFan
12-06-2011, 10:45 AM

It does stink but it is what it is. If the Refs say Ballard was out, he was out. If the Refs say Driver scored, he scored. Facts and fairness have nothing to do with it (sadly).

That's true enough. However fans, coaches, and players don't have to like it and can express their displeasure knowing it won't affect the outcome.

We are all losing sight, perhaps, of the effort on Eli's and Ballard's part. Great throw and catch, it may not have counted on the scoreboard, but it was a good call, executed perfectly. THAT'S important moving forward.

buddy33
12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Worked up? Maybe some are. I say it stinks and know nothing will come from it. I mean they are not going to say the Giants should have won. It's just a topic relevant to this message board.