PDA

View Full Version : Why did we lose to the Eagles?

njsean
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I was out of town for that week and missed the game. When I got updates on the final score, I couldn't even bring myself to watch highlights of us losing to Vince Young.

So what was the problem?

I feel at peace with it now considering how the season ended, but was our offense just that pathetic that day?

I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.

M0rbid
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Giants oline stunk big time. They made the Eagles defense look like the '85 Bears.

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
I was out of town for that week and missed the game. When I got updates on the final score, I couldn't even bring myself to watch highlights of us losing to Vince Young.

So what was the problem?

I feel at peace with it now considering how the season ended, but was our offense just that pathetic that day?

I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.

Eli had a bad day (couldn't connect with anyone).

Running game went nowhere (I think we rushed for 29 yards total?).

Our defense gave up a 95 yard drive at the end of the game.

Not like the Eagles played amazing ... they stunk in actuality. We just stunk worse that day.

njsean
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Ugh. I wonder if we were mentally pressing in the game and just collapsed.

I hope we open against them in Sept.

egyptian420
02-28-2012, 04:00 PM

So what was the problem?

Not like the Eagles played amazing ... they stunk in actuality. We just stunk worse that day.
I was at that game and I couldn't have described it better....our D did everything in their power that day to help us win but the offense just wouldn't budge. It's as if they were determined to lose.

Ugh...just the thought of the long drive down to NY to watch my very first Giants game and seeing that brings up some bad emotions. That fumble by Eli at the end was one second that ruined a great 3 day trip (my first to the U.S)....then again in all honesty, If I can have the choice of going there and watching us lose every year but then end up with the Lombardi....I'd do it every year

Diamondring
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Ugh. I wonder if we were mentally pressing in the game and just collapsed.

I hope we open against them in Sept.I really hope we stay consistant.

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 04:10 PM
I just hope we can beat the Redskins next year. Embarassing to lose to them 2x led by Rex Grossman. Maybe they will get RG3

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Little to be confident about? We have one of the top WR tandems in the league. We have a top 5 QB who is getting better each year. He is the most clutch QB going right now. Our offensive line will improve also. We are not a running team this team goes through Eli that is all the reason you need to be confident.

TheBookOfEli
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Giants just didn't show up in that game. Just like against Seattle, and both Washington games.

Despite us going 9-7 in the regular season we should've at least had 12 wins.

Still scratching my head to that Seattle loss.

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
I just hope we can beat the Redskins next year. Embarassing to lose to them 2x led by Rex Grossman. Maybe they will get RG3

We almost always split the division in some format.

As long as that holds true, then I don't care who we win/lose to (although I'm always giddy when we beat the Eagles and CBoys).

egyptian420
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Giants just didn't show up in that game. Just like against Seattle, and both Washington games.

Despite us going 9-7 in the regular season we should've at least had 12 wins.

Still scratching my head to that Seattle loss.
That pick at the end of the game was Cruz' fault when he slipped on his route. It's all good though, I'd lose to the Hawks and get swept by the Skins every year if we can win it all in the end.

burier
02-28-2012, 04:50 PM
The simple answer that everyone seems to want to dance around is.

The D couldn't get 1 stop...allowing the eagles to march something like 80 yards for a td to win the game in the final moments.

additional details include the Giants sticking to virticle passing despite the Oline getting totally whooped resulting in Eli running for his life for most of the game.

Also as mentioned we couldn't not run the ball.

Also Perry Fewell bailed VY out on 3rd and long multiple times by rushing 3.

D played decent against a backup QB but couldn't finish

BigBlue1971
02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I was out of town for that week and missed the game. When I got updates on the final score, I couldn't even bring myself to watch highlights of us losing to Vince Young. So what was the problem? I feel at peace with it now considering how the season ended, but was our offense just that pathetic that day? I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.</P>

</P>

old clique: trap game!</P>

Rudyy
02-28-2012, 05:09 PM
I know this is unlikely, but I REALLY want to sweep everyone in our division this year.

Flip Empty
02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
They lost because it's what they do. They lose games they're supposed to win and vice-versa. They're actually very predictable.
I went 12-4 picking their regular season games - 16-4 if you include the post season. It's so strange.

njsean
02-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Little to be confident about? We have one of the top WR tandems in the league. We have a top 5 QB who is getting better each year. He is the most clutch QB going right now. Our offensive line will improve also. We are not a running team this team goes through Eli that is all the reason you need to be confident.

I have no qualms with our WRs or QB. It's our QB's opportunity to get them the ball and our running games inability to take pressure off that concerns me.

I also wouldn't mind some more quick, underneath routes that allow more YAC instead of just hurling up the ball hoping for a big play.

But like I said...its all gravy now.

ghwriter1976
02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I know this is unlikely, but I REALLY want to sweep everyone in our division this year.

I wouldn't say unlikely. We went 7-0-1 in '97, with the tie game in Washington, but then won the division in the rematch against Washington.

But yeah, the 2nd Eagles game this year was a battle of who stunk the least. All the defense had to do was force a punt and the Giants would have easily moved down the field to kick a game-winning field goal.

Oh well, the Lombardi's won. Good times...

jjj45
02-28-2012, 07:02 PM
The simple answer that everyone seems to want to dance around is.

The D couldn't get 1 stop...allowing the eagles to march something like 80 yards for a td to win the game in the final moments.

additional details include the Giants sticking to virticle passing despite the Oline getting totally whooped resulting in Eli running for his life for most of the game.

Also as mentioned we couldn't not run the ball.

Also Perry Fewell bailed VY out on 3rd and long multiple times by rushing 3.

D played decent against a backup QB but couldn't finishyou said it the best.

Our D who was great all game, choked in the end. Our Oline sucked so bad and Eli, who didnt have time all game still got us into a position to win. but of course we had to let Vince young get us again. Glad the Eagles aren't resigning him.

ghwriter1976
02-28-2012, 07:10 PM
We can also label McKenzie as an accessory in another loss to Vince Young. Instead of him costing us 15 yards for fighting defensive linemen, he got embarrassed on the play that resulted in the fumble and Eagles recover.

miked1958
02-28-2012, 08:14 PM

So what was the problem?

We will sweep them next year

NYGRealityCheck
02-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Gotta keep the Eagle fans' Superbowl hopes alive...

They beat the eventual Superbowl champion Giants once. That's hope for them.

NYG 5
02-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Eli actually had a pretty good game, the best i ever saw him process the game. he was under the gun immedietely after taking the snap, but moved around very well and had good vision downfield. that said, even a performance such as that couldn't salvage that pitiful showing by that offensive line. worst performance by the offensive line since..... the bucs, skins, and bills games in 2003.

JJC7301
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Maybe they match up well against us? Like always? I don't know, but some teams just have another team's #.

Bigbluereckingcrew
02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Giants oline stunk big time. They made the Eagles defense look like the '85 Bears.

That funny...to bad it true

appletree943
02-29-2012, 12:08 AM
our defense played awesome

ppl give 2 much credit to VY he made 3 of the dumbest picks ive ever seen

D Jax burned one of u guys corners by 10 yards this dufus underthrows it gets picked

Pksoze
02-29-2012, 01:26 AM
This was the worst loss of the year to me...I hate the Eagles so much...but we just got whipped by their defense.

Antwuan
02-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Bad O-Line & Running Game play. I thought the Giants Defense played really good. The Eagles D-Line won the game for them, their D-Line dominated the Giants O-Line. Also the Giants WR's were dropping passes even Jake Ballard dropped a pass that would have given the Giants a first down. Nicks dropped a long yard pass that was very catchable. Even with all of that the Giants still had a chance to win the game, the Giants were driving down the field late in the 4th qrt but Jason Babin stripped the ball for Eli Manning and that was the game.

SweetZombieJesus
02-29-2012, 06:46 AM
My memory was just mis-firing all day. You remember even in the SB they got into one of those ruts in the 3rd quarter, it was like that all game... You were just waiting for them to snap out of it and they never did, and gave up the game winning drive in the 4th quarter through total ineptitude (lots of gut-wrenching 3rd down conversions).

thomsoad
02-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Hate to say this but Coughlin Giants have a history of doing this... anyone remember the Cowboys travesty of losing to Kitna?

I gotta be honest... as soon as I heard Maclin was Vick were out and V Young was in... I knew we were going to lose.

Seems like the more this team is supposed to win a game ... more likely they are to lose.

jjj45
02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Eli actually had a pretty good game, the best i ever saw him process the game. he was under the gun immedietely after taking the snap, but moved around very well and had good vision downfield. that said, even a performance such as that couldn't salvage that pitiful showing by that offensive line. worst performance by the offensive line since..... the bucs, skins, and bills games in 2003.
Exactly. Our Oline was complete trash. You win and lose games in the trenches. Pretty amazing that we won a SB with this group.

njsean
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Hate to say this but Coughlin Giants have a history of doing this... anyone remember the Cowboys travesty of losing to Kitna?

I gotta be honest... as soon as I heard Maclin was Vick were out and V Young was in... I knew we were going to lose.

Seems like the more this team is supposed to win a game ... more likely they are to lose.

Which is kinda weak. I hope this second superbowl win has helped everyone mature a bit and get passed this tendency.

giantsforce
03-01-2012, 05:07 PM

So what was the problem?

I mean, we won the Superbowl, so I'm set with the happy vibes for a few seasons, but I'd like to be more optimistic about our offense. Despite Eli's play, I feel there's little to be confident about.For the same reason we lost to the Redskins twice and to the Seahawks: Lack of Preparation and lack of team effort. It is simple as that. Why is that? well.... you can draw your own conclusions.

stormblue
03-01-2012, 11:13 PM
speed.

teams with speed kick our assbuckets.
Philly is very fast.
the Giants are strong and smart and resolute and unyielding and ALL- IN ;

and slow.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 11:16 PM
the Giants are strong and smart and resolute and unyielding and ALL- IN ;

and slow.
Haha, well said. I reckon the Saints and Lions were the only teams capable of stopping the Giants in the playoffs. I'm glad they managed to avoid them.