PDA

View Full Version : Who are you most afraid of the 'Skins getting at QB?

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn
-Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...)

TheEnigma
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
With rumors speaking of the Browns not being too interested in trading up to the #2 overall spot, the Redskins acquiring RG3 is a serious possibility. I could see him developing into a Mike Vick esque QB who is actually smart in the pocket and won't run off at the first sign of trouble.

WR4Life
02-28-2012, 04:03 PM
I think I'm afraid of RG3 the most. RG3 seems to have all the tools and is incredibly intelligent as well. If the Redskins traded up for him, we would have to face him at least twice a year for probably 10 years or so.

titwio
02-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Griffin for sure. I really don't see Peyton going to Washington...Didn't he say he wants to play some place warm or in a dome?

Anyway...I'm not worried about Flynn. He reminds me of another Kevin Kolb and the Giants D-line would handle him. Griffin is another story...He can beat you in multiple ways and he's the guy they would build around. It's scary to think what he could do for the Skins down the line. I'm just really hoping Washington goes after Tannehill cause if they draft him I'll just laugh my a** off.

Zoboomafoo
02-28-2012, 04:10 PM
The only one is RG3 if the Skins can get him without getting into a bidding war with the Browns. If the Browns offer two ones and a two (including the no 4 pick), the Skins would need two ones and two twos. That would probably ruin the team. But if they can get away with two ones, then it's a problem for the rest of the NFCE.

In contrast, Arcorsi handled the Eli trade very well. Two ones and a three allowed them to still select Snee and Webster, who are team cornerstones. Arcorsi also refused to give up Osi, another cornerstone.

GmenFan1980
02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Rex Grossman.

as Jamie dukes said The skins are "much too smart" to draft or get a new QB http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

But seriously, their best shot is RG3 so yeah him

M0rbid
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Rex Grossman.... because the Giants take the Redskins extremely lightly when he's QBing LOL.

Giants10Joe
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Matt Flynn actually. Here's why:

Peyton is old. He might beat us for a 1-3 years, but in the long run the Skins will just be right back where we started.
Grossman. hahahahaha
Griffin is a running QB. Running QBs never seem to have much success. I could be wrong, but I think Vick is the most successful runner ever and he's overrated. Newton and RG3 could buck that trend though.

As for Flynn, he's more of a prototypical pocket passer, which is what you want in a QB. He's a risky investment (RG3 is too) because we've only really seen him 2 games (1 this year, 1 last year). However, I think he has more upside than RG3.

titwio
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Matt Flynn actually. Here's why:

Peyton is old. He might beat us for a 1-3 years, but in the long run the Skins will just be right back where we started.
Grossman. hahahahaha
Griffin is a running QB. Running QBs never seem to have much success. I could be wrong, but I think Vick is the most successful runner ever and he's overrated. Newton and RG3 could buck that trend though.

As for Flynn, he's more of a prototypical pocket passer, which is what you want in a QB. He's a risky investment (RG3 is too) because we've only really seen him 2 games (1 this year, 1 last year). However, I think he has more upside than RG3.

Griffin is not a running QB. He can run but he's a pocket passer for the most part and he's accurate. People don't even really compare him much to Vick other than the fact that he's fast. They compare him more to Aaron Rodgers who is an accurate passer who can beat you with his legs.

RG3 is a different breed coming out of school than Vick ever was.

TheEnigma
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
RG3 is actually more of a passing QB but having his elite speed at the position has wrongly labeled him as a runner. The bigger knock I'd have on him is the fact he came out of a spread offense.

Either way, you can tell how intelligent this kid is in the interviews. He has some scary potential.

DelawareGiants
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Let them mortgage the franchise for a QB- they need more than just a QB and trading up to get RG3 could cripple their drafting for a few years IMO. Peyton would ruin their cap space and to get Flynn they also probably give up at least a 1st rounder- if not more. The Circle of the "Redskins" keeps circling the drain!

WR4Life
02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
PFT just posted an article with rumors floating around. One of them is that the browns may be willing to give up 3 first round picks to land RG3. I'd post the artcle if i wasnt on my phone but if true, the skins are going to have to give up the house for him.

titwio
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
PFT just posted an article with rumors floating around. One of them is that the browns may be willing to give up 3 first round picks to land RG3. I'd post the artcle if i wasnt on my phone but if true, the skins are going to have to give up the house for him.

Wow...How great would it be if the Giants had the #2 overall pick right now.

::drool::

titwio
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
DP

TheEnigma
02-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Lots of people thought the Cleveland-Atlanta trade was big last year but this #2 pick will have a serious effect on the future of the NFL.

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Not as great as having the #32 overall...

chasjay
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM

not so hot, unless we had previously traded for it

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Lots of people thought the Cleveland-Atlanta trade was big last year but this #2 pick will have a serious effect on the future of the NFL.

Imagine if the Rams end up picking twice in the top 5 in 2013 and 2014 and then move to L.A. with Bradford? Could be a serious LA/SF rivalry in the NFCW.

titwio
02-28-2012, 04:49 PM

This is true....Just saying though...It sure would be fun having the #2 right now....They would clean house.

WR4Life
02-28-2012, 06:00 PM

This is true....Just saying though...It sure would be fun having the #2 right now....They would clean house.

Just imagine. Had we traded down with the Rams last year, we would have the #2 pick. We could trade the pick to Cleveland for their two first round picks this year and the one next year giving us 5 selections in the first round in 2 years. The drool is pouring out of my mouth.

jppmvp90
02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
not afraid of anyone, we are the champs. enjoy the offseason guys

gmen46
02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Because you're talking about the Redskins.

3 winning seasons (leading to 3 post seasons) under the 13 years of Dan Snyder as owner. With 10-6 as their best (in 1999, Snyder's first year).

What's it going to take for some here to realize that as long as Dan Snyder is owner of the Redskins, they will NEVER be a seriously contending team. Regardless of QB or HC.

Never.

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

3 winning seasons (leading to 3 post seasons) under the 13 years of Dan Snyder as owner. With 10-6 as their best (in 1999, Snyder's first year).

What's it going to take for some here to realize that as long as Dan Snyder is owner of the Redskins, they will NEVER be a seriously contending team. Regardless of QB or HC.

Never.

To be fair though, can you really say regardless of QB? I mean, when was the last time they had good QB? It had to be 25 years ago.

GameTime
02-28-2012, 06:44 PM
-Peyton Manning -RG3 -Matt Flynn -Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...)</P>

"afraid".....come ondude are a ***** or something...[;)]</P>

what do you want a **** division and cake wins. </P>

"afraid" is not and should not be in a fans vocabulary related to other teams players....</P>

Firenugget
02-28-2012, 06:48 PM
-Peyton Manning -RG3 -Matt Flynn -Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...)</p>

"afraid".....come ondude are a ***** or something...[;)]</p>

what do you want a **** division and cake wins. </p>

"afraid" is not and should not be in a fans vocabulary related to other teams players....</p>

lol yeah "afraid" is a bit strong. Honestly I don't care who they get. They'll be a tough div game no matter who they have just like every other div opponent. The days of Arizona Cardinals are over.

gmen46
02-28-2012, 07:02 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

To be fair though, can you really say regardless of QB? I mean, when was the last time they had good QB? It had to be 25 years ago.

You're right. A true franchise QB is usually crucial to having a serious contender. And the Redskins haven't had one since Thiesman (and even he was arguable as a "great" QB).

But the current Redskins are in need of--and have been in need for years--a LOT more pieces in addition to a quality QB.

Which leads to this draft. If they DO trade enough to get the #2 spot, it is guaranteed they will make such a horrible trade of their future--because that fact DEFINES the Snyder-owned Redskins--that they won't be able to surround Griffin with any quality offensive support for years. That's been their problem in the long run, not the lack of a franchise QB.

Remember, when the Redskins were at their fearsome best in the 80s under Joe Gibbs, they went to 4 Super Bowls in 10 year period--and won 3 of them--with THREE different QBs. And one of those 3 was a fairly washed up Tampa Bay retreaded reject, Doug Williams.

My point is that if they DO actually do what is required to obtain RGIII, the Dan Snyder Redskins will do so at such a price that they won't recover and be able to exploit Griffin properly for YEARS, if ever.

miked1958
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Washington must of made a deal with the devil to get there last SB win. Since then they have brought in tons of big names both in coaching and players and they seem to just be a cursed franchise. They can get Luck, RG3 or whoever and they still won't win

gmen46
02-28-2012, 07:29 PM
-Peyton Manning -RG3 -Matt Flynn -Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...)</p>

"afraid".....come on*dude are a ***** or something...[;)]</p>

what do you want a **** division and cake wins. </p>

"afraid" is not and should not be in a fans vocabulary related to other teams players....</p>

lol yeah "afraid" is a bit strong. Honestly I don't care who they get. They'll be a tough div game no matter who they have just like every other div opponent. The days of Arizona Cardinals are over.

In general, I'd agree with your assessment of the dangers of games within the division.

But I think you are overestimating the dangers presented by the Redskins, at least to the Giants. Probably because of our 2011 experience vs them.

But, in truth, this year is the only the 2nd season we have been swept by the Redskins in the last 13 seasons (the number of years under Snyder ownership).

And in the past 10 years--under the new alignment, with the Cardinals out of our division--we are 14-6 vs the Skins and have swept them 5 of the 10 seasons, including sweeping them the 3 seasons prior to 1011.

I'd say the Redskins have done an admirable job in replacing the Cardinals as the doorstop of the NFCE since their division relocation.

I do agree with your premise that no matter the QB, PER SE, a significant difference it will not make (to paraphrase Yoda).

ebick
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Matt Flynn actually.

I just watched an episode of Top 10 on NFLN....it was top 10 worst free agent acquisitions. #1 was anyone acquired by the Redskins....was LMAO.

ShockeyShow
02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
RG3.....bar-none. He is going to make some serious waves in the league for the next decade if he can stay healthy!

Voldamort
02-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I think I'm afraid of RG3 the most. RG3 seems to have all the tools and is incredibly intelligent as well. If the Redskins traded up for him, we would have to face him at least twice a year for probably 10 years or so. could be a problem

Giants10Joe
02-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Just imagine. Had we traded down with the Rams last year, we would have the #2 pick. We could trade the pick to Cleveland for their two first round picks this year and the one next year giving us 5 selections in the first round in 2 years. The drool is pouring out of my mouth.

Every year I root for us to fleece some bad team by getting them to give us their pick the following year and then having them finish in the bottom 5. Belichick seems to do something like that fairly often (although not necessarily in the first 5 picks), but the Giants never do.

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 08:41 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

I just think that is some hyperbole, personally. There is so much parity in the NFL, even on mismangaged teams like the Skins...If you stick a top-5 QB on any team, they will be dangerous.

Martyr
02-28-2012, 08:52 PM
-Peyton Manning -RG3 -Matt Flynn -Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...) None. Because you're talking about the Redskins. 3 winning seasons (leading to 3 post seasons) under the 13 years of Dan Snyder as owner. With 10-6 as their best (in 1999, Snyder's first year). What's it going to take for some here to realize that as long as Dan Snyder is owner of the Redskins, they will NEVER be a seriously contending team. Regardless of QB or HC. Never. I just think that is some hyperbole, personally. There is so much parity in the NFL, even on mismangaged teams like the Skins...If you stick a top-5 QB on any team, they will be dangerous.</P>

Call me crazy but the Redskins might shock us all this year, their defense has been making leaps and bounds. They are going to cause some problems for the Giants next year.</P>

VelocityVirus
02-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Matt Flynn actually.

I just watched an episode of Top 10 on NFLN....it was top 10 worst free agent acquisitions. #1 was anyone acquired by the Redskins....was LMAO.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1k2wsgoIIc">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1k2wsgoIIc</a>

LOL

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:05 AM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn
Of course Peyton. Rex sucks; Matt Flynn had 1 fantastic game only; and RG3 hasn't accomplished nothing in the pros yet.

Right now a 1-armed Peyton is better than those other 3 combined.

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Matt Flynn actually.

LOL

Don't be surprised (sarcasm) if Matt Flynn is rated by experts as a better QB than Eli before the season starts.

ebick
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Matt Flynn actually. I just watched an episode of Top 10 on NFLN....it was top 10 worst free agent acquisitions. #1 was anyone acquired by the Redskins....was LMAO.
<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1k2wsgoIIc">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1k2wsgoIIc</A>

LOL
Don't be surprised (sarcasm) if Matt Flynn is rated by experts as a better QB than Eli before the season starts.</P>

For sure.....that's a given.....lol</P>

GmenFan1980
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Matt Flynn actually.

LOL

Don't be surprised (sarcasm) if Matt Flynn is rated by experts as a better QB than Eli before the season starts.

Well what do you expect? he is the greatest packer QB ever and should be a HOF after just that 1 game /red http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

jhamburg
02-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Matt Flynn actually.

LOL

This video really deserves its own thread.

That clip of Haynesworth is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Not only does he lay on the ground and make zero effort to get up, but the lineman realizes that he's not trying and doesn't even bother to stay with him, and makes a block on Carter who's running over for the sack!

What's amazing is that any of us could actually have done a better job on that play. Even if we got pancaked, we could have at least occupied the blocker by making a token effort to get up.

I can't believe that he still gets work in the NFL after that clip.

gmen46
02-29-2012, 04:26 AM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

I just think that is some hyperbole, personally. There is so much parity in the NFL, even on mismangaged teams like the Skins...If you stick a top-5 QB on any team, they will be dangerous.

Look who's talking about hyperbole. Sticking a top 5 QB on the Redskins? Who said anything about sticking a top 5 QB on the Redskins? Look at the original question. And if you're thinking Peyton, right NOW you cannot assume Peyton will be a top 5 next year. You can't even assume realistically he will even be PLAYING next year.

And again, 3 winning seasons in 13 years, with 1 of them occurring 13 years ago. I don't think I'm being remotely hyperbolic.

What, you need another 13 years of less than mediocre seasons from the Redskins before you will eventually be convinced? With at least 6 or 7 more head coaching changes during that time?

GameTime
02-29-2012, 08:14 AM
-Peyton Manning -RG3 -Matt Flynn -Rex Grossman (well, he did beat us twice last year...)</P>

"afraid".....come ondude are a ***** or something...[;)]</P>

what do you want a **** division and cake wins. </P>

"afraid" is not and should not be in a fans vocabulary related to other teams players....</P>

</P>

division games will always have an element of "toughness" about them. The NFL needs better QB play overall. I dont want see doormat teams anymore. I like what FA does to spread the talent around. BUT&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the talent alone doesnt mean anything without great coaching and a "team" attitude. I couldn't care less who the Skins get. If the Giants want to be the top dog then just win baby. Just like in ANY busieness competiotn makes the overall market better. </P>

</P>

jhamburg
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

Look who's talking about hyperbole. Sticking a top 5 QB on the Redskins? Who said anything about sticking a top 5 QB on the Redskins? Look at the original question. And if you're thinking Peyton, right NOW you cannot assume Peyton will be a top 5 next year. You can't even assume realistically he will even be PLAYING next year.

And again, 3 winning seasons in 13 years, with 1 of them occurring 13 years ago. I don't think I'm being remotely hyperbolic.

What, you need another 13 years of less than mediocre seasons from the Redskins before you will eventually be convinced? With at least 6 or 7 more head coaching changes during that time?

You're the one who said "regardless of QB". Forget Peyton, you're saying that you could stick ARod, Brees, Eli, or Brady on the Skins and they still won't compete.

egyptian420
02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
No one lol. Last year they swept us and we were still able to win the championship. As long as we got Eli, I couldn't care less if Brady came to the division.

gmen46
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

You're the one who said "regardless of QB". Forget Peyton, you're saying that you could stick ARod, Brees, Eli, or Brady on the Skins and they still won't compete.

That's correct.

I did say those words, although I was responding to the OP, who had listed specific QBs regarding his "Who are you most afraid of the Skins getting at QB", and I stand by it--no reason at all to fear any of those QBs if they are on the Skins, as long as Snyder remains the owner of the Redskins.

Not sure how you read that I said "you could stick ARod, Brees, Eli, or Brady on the Skins and they won't compete".

Making false assumptions like that, with no attempt to clarify, is how a lot of stupid arguments develop, on this board, and elsewhere.

However, since my point was that Snyder's micromanaging style of directing his team is the reason I say we never have reason to fear them under his reign, I'll stick by that, even if any established QB of your choice is included in the equation.

Because the lack of a top 5 QB is not the only reason the Redskins have only 3 winning seasons in the last 13 years. Not even close.

Axels15
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
RG3, but honestly, even then I'm not scared

jhamburg
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

That's correct.

I did say those words, although I was responding to the OP, who had listed specific QBs regarding his "Who are you most afraid of the Skins getting at QB", and I stand by it--no reason at all to fear any of those QBs if they are on the Skins, as long as Snyder remains the owner of the Redskins.

Not sure how you read that I said "you could stick ARod, Brees, Eli, or Brady on the Skins and they won't compete".

Making false assumptions like that, with no attempt to clarify, is how a lot of stupid arguments develop, on this board, and elsewhere.

However, since my point was that Snyder's micromanaging style of directing his team is the reason I say we never have reason to fear them under his reign, I'll stick by that, even if any established QB of your choice is included in the equation.

Because the lack of a top 5 QB is not the only reason the Redskins have only 3 winning seasons in the last 13 years. Not even close.

Take any franchise, give them a below average QB for every year of the past 13 years, and tell me how many of them have a winning record for that period.

There are a few I could see- Great defenses like the Ravens, Steelers, etc...but the VAST majority of teams are eliminated from contention simply by having bad QBs.

I agree with what you're saying about 70%, Dan Snyder does cause a lot of harm to his team. I just think you take it too far.

gmen46
03-02-2012, 02:25 AM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

That's correct.

Take any franchise, give them a below average QB for every year of the past 13 years, and tell me how many of them have a winning record for that period.

There are a few I could see- Great defenses like the Ravens, Steelers, etc...but the VAST majority of teams are eliminated from contention simply by having bad QBs.

I agree with what you're saying about 70%, Dan Snyder does cause a lot of harm to his team. I just think you take it too far.

Of course I take it too far.And until Snyder proves otherwise, I'll continue to stand by it.

There have been many, many, many reasons for the Redskins' banality the past 13 years. A "sub par" QB is only one small part of the reason.

A plethora of terrible, expensive, over-the-hill FAs.

Terrible draft selections (with only 2-3 exceptions over that time).

Hiring of over-the-hill Super Bowl winning coaches--who hadn't won anything in 13 years, in the case of Shannahan, and who hadn't even COACHED football in 14 years, in the case of Gibbs.

I see absolutely NO reason to expect anything different from now on. Do you?

If you do, I'd love to hear even ONE indicator to justify your faith in them.

Pity the Redskins fan. It's GOT to be excruciating to follow the melodrama, year in and year out.

jhamburg
03-03-2012, 01:51 PM
-Peyton Manning
-RG3
-Matt Flynn

None.

Never.

That's correct.

Of course I take it too far.And until Snyder proves otherwise, I'll continue to stand by it.

There have been many, many, many reasons for the Redskins' banality the past 13 years. A "sub par" QB is only one small part of the reason.

A plethora of terrible, expensive, over-the-hill FAs.

Terrible draft selections (with only 2-3 exceptions over that time).

Hiring of over-the-hill Super Bowl winning coaches--who hadn't won anything in 13 years, in the case of Shannahan, and who hadn't even COACHED football in 14 years, in the case of Gibbs.

I see absolutely NO reason to expect anything different from now on. Do you?

If you do, I'd love to hear even ONE indicator to justify your faith in them.

Pity the Redskins fan. It's GOT to be excruciating to follow the melodrama, year in and year out.

Don't get me wrong it's not like I think they're going to the superbowl or anything, but you can't count on 2 easy wins against any team in this league and I'd rather the redskins have a garbage QB than a good one. I mean losing twice to the skins twice last year almost kept us from having a chance to win the super bowl. We have the toughest schedule in the league next year. We need all the help we can get.