PDA

View Full Version : WEDNESDAY NIGHT, SEPTEMBER 5TH OPENER?!?!?!

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 04:10 PM
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT color=#3b5998 size=6>New York Giants</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/newyorkgiants)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=6>SHARE and SPREAD the word: The Giants will open the season on Wednesday, September 5th! (NBC, 8:30 PM ET)</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/65295_10150717316048455_286845273454_11693386_1766 561852_n.jpg</SPAN></H6>

egyptian420
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
was just about to make a post about this lol you're quick....starting the season on a Wednesday nighter? Lol I'll take it, I have a feeling it'll be GB

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 04:18 PM
was just about to make a post about this lol you're quick....starting the season on a Wednesday nighter? Lol I'll take it, I have a feeling it'll be GB
</P>

Yeah, just happened to see it right when it was posted. Not sure I like the Wednesday Night Football. Aikman was right. NFL is starting to water down their sport. Id rather open our season on Sunday Night. </P>

So, there will be a Wednesday night opener, followed by a Thursday Night game, followed by Sunday games now?</P>

Weird.</P>

Might as well put it on Tuesdays and Friday Nights now too.</P>

bleeding blue
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Why?

M0rbid
02-28-2012, 04:32 PM
It was supposed to be on Thursady but they don't want to interrupt Democratic convention...

egyptian420
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
</p>

Yeah, just happened to see it right when it was posted. Not sure I like the Wednesday Night Football. Aikman was right. NFL is starting to water down their sport. Id rather open our season on Sunday Night. </p>

So, there will be a Wednesday night opener, followed by a Thursday Night game, followed by Sunday games now?</p>

Weird.</p>

Might as well put it on Tuesdays and Friday Nights now too.</p>
No they only did it because they didn't want to interfere with Obama's speech at the national convention on Thursday night....{facepalm}

RoanokeFan
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
GIANTS TO OPEN 2012 NFL REGULAR SEASON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_to_open_2012_nfl_regula.html)

"The Super Bowl champs will host the NFL regular season opener as usual.<div class="entry-content">

Here's the unusual part: the game will be played on the Wednesday after Labor
Day, not Thursday.</p>

The Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants) will host a
to-be-determined opponent on Sept. 5 at 8:30 p.m., with the game being televised
by NBC. It'll be the first time since the league introduced an opening-night
game in advance of Sunday's Week 1 slate the game won't be played on
Thursday.</p>

The reason the opener was moved up a day this year is because the NFL wanted
to avoid a conflict with President Obama's speech at the Democratic National
Convention on that Thursday. (The Giants will visit Obama at The White House
sometime this spring.)</p>

The league will announce the Giants' opponent at a future date, most likely
before the rest of the schedule is announced in April. The eight possible
opponents are the Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys,
Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
and New Orleans Saints.</p>

The most intriguing matchup, as it stands now, would be a rematch with the
Packers, whom the Giants defeated in the Divisional Round after losing at the
gun in December. Pittsburgh and New Orleans would make very good matchups as
well, though CBS will surely fight to retain the Steelers game.</p>

The defending Super Bowl champions are undefeated since the NFL began the
tradition of having their champs host the opening game in 2004.</p>

* * * *</p>

I wrote earlier I had emailed Tom Williams of The Youngstown (Ohio)
Vindicator to mention <a href="http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/agent_for_giants_domenik_hixon.html">Mario
Manningham had suggested he misquoted him</a>.</p>

Williams got back to me this afternoon to note he recorded the interview.
Williams said Manningham did say it's "75 percent" likely he's gone and then
followed it up with "it could go either way." As Williams noted, those quotes
don't really jibe but 75 percent is a precise number so that's how Williams
framed it.</p>

And he wasn't alone. Mike McClain of the Warren Tribune-Chronicle was also in
on the interview. Like Williams, <a href="http://tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/568453/Hometown-honors-hero.html">he
ran the part about the 75 percent chance Manningham's gone</a>.</p>

Look, none of this really has any bearing on whether Manningham stays or
goes. But I just wanted to make sure we know Williams and McClain quoted him
accurately."</p></div>

Mod_C
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
<font size="6">Boys and girls, DO NOT turn this into a political issue.</font>

TheEnigma
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Roger probably doesn't want to contend with Obama for viewers. That's my guess at least.

ibbill
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Roger probably doesn't want to contend with Obama for viewers. That's my guess at least.

As a Canadian who is and what is

President Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention

tripleaamin9
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
It's better that it is Wednesday so we can 11 days to prepare for week 2.

TheBookOfEli
02-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Nice! It'll be weird to watch a football game on a wednesday but whatever lol.

nhpgiantsfan
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Doesn't really make a difference. One less day to wait for Giants football.

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Im guessing it is going to be vs the Steelers or Cowboys.

bleeding blue
02-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Doesn't really make a difference.* One less day to wait for Giants football. Also one more day to wait for week 2

jhamburg
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Doesn't really make a difference.* One less day to wait for Giants football. Also one more day to wait for week 2

One more day for our players to rest up that the other team won't get.

eastbayblue
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
First time NFL will be playing on a Wed night since 1948.

TuckYou
02-28-2012, 06:07 PM

What game was that?

Jet-Blue
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
There's another link:

NFL Link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827469fa/article/nfl-seasonopener-to-be-held-wednesday-sept-5?module=HP11_breaking_news)

Jet-Blue
02-28-2012, 06:33 PM

Watch us get the Thursday Night game in Week 2.

BlueBlitzer
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
I wonder if the starters will even play one snap in the final preseason game ( With the game basically only having 3 days to prepare )

NYGRealityCheck
02-28-2012, 07:18 PM
I wonder if the starters will even play one snap in the final preseason game ( With the game basically only having 3 days to prepare )

You're probably wondering in the right direction. The 4th preseason game is more to decide whose going to make the final cut for the regular season roster. Starters may get one drive (offense and defense) at best...

On another note, I was making fun of the fact that the first regular season game is so many months away. If it's against the Packers, I'll be happy with that.

Notice how coincidently the new State Farm Packers discount doublecheck commercials ended with the Packers season when the Giants knocked them off.

barran21
02-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Doesn't really make a difference. One less day to wait for Giants football. Also one more day to wait for week 2

Watch us get the Thursday Night game in Week 2.
Won't happen, NFL wants every team in prime time for Thursday Night Football...

nhpgiantsfan
02-28-2012, 10:34 PM

One more day for all the "we are going to repeat!". Or "fire Gillbride" threads.

Lambeau12
02-29-2012, 12:04 AM
It will probably be us.

DragonSoul
02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
<font size="6">Boys and girls, DO* NOT turn this into a political issue.</font>
We didn't do it, it was the nfl making it an actual related and legitimate topic by moving the game because of the dnc acceptance speech by Obama. Which was reported by the NFL.COM http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82746aa5/article/nfl-season-opener-to-be-held-wednesday-sept-5?module=HP11_headline_stack

While i respect the rules & regulations, this thread is NYG Related & Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects & its related to the NYG and the fans.

I do not see how you can have an issue when we are agreeing or disagreeing with the NFLs Policies as we have always done on all other topics... As this is another topic to agree/disagree with. Personally if it is not a war time or national emergency issue then it shouldn't have been moved for any President no matter what side, especially since the NFL has been doing this for years now (not a surprise or shock) I have seen many NYG fans with PSLs annoyed by this move, so yea it is a legit issue for the nag fans and the nfl fans.

G-Men Surg.
02-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Woa ! One less day in waiting for the season to start !

miked1958
02-29-2012, 01:56 AM

Anyone know what the circumstances were in 1948 for rams and lions to play on a Wed night?

GIANTSACK
02-29-2012, 06:01 AM

Anyone know what the circumstances were in 1948 for rams and lions to play on a Wed night?

Why
Not

Friday

TuckYou
02-29-2012, 07:55 AM

Aliens? Roswell?

nygsb42champs
02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Can not get here soon enough!

GameTime
02-29-2012, 08:30 AM
<FONT size=6>Boys and girls, DO NOT turn this into a political issue.</FONT>
We didn't do it, it was the nfl making it an actual related and legitimate topic by moving the game because of the dnc acceptance speech by Obama. Which was reported by the NFL.COM http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82746aa5/article/nfl-season-opener-to-be-held-wednesday-sept-5?module=HP11_headline_stack While i respect the rules &amp; regulations, this thread is NYG Related &amp; Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects &amp; its related to the NYG and the fans. I do not see how you can have an issue when we are agreeing or disagreeing with the NFLs Policies as we have always done on all other topics... As this is another topic to agree/disagree with. Personally if it is not a war time or national emergency issue then it shouldn't have been moved for any President no matter what side, especially since the NFL has been doing this for years now (not a surprise or shock) <FONT color=#000080 size=4>I have seen many NYG fans with PSLs annoyed by this move, so yea it is a legit issue for the nag fans and the nfl fans.</FONT></P>

why the should it matter......Wed or Thurs??? People still piss and moan that its a week day game....I ahve to get up early the next day.....blah blah blah. Look I am not a young guy and and I get up every day at 545AM. I dont see the problem. If you are a fan then just go to the game and deal with the next day. If you weren't or weregoing to go to the Thursday night game then the Wed night game is no different. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Taking off September 6th.

lnp12
02-29-2012, 08:44 AM
We didn't do it, it was the nfl making it an actual related and legitimate topic by moving the game because of the dnc acceptance speech by Obama. Which was reported by the NFL.COM http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82746aa5/article/nfl-season-opener-to-be-held-wednesday-sept-5?module=HP11_headline_stack

While i respect the rules &amp; regulations, this thread is NYG Related &amp; Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects &amp; its related to the NYG and the fans.

I do not see how you can have an issue when we are agreeing or disagreeing with the NFLs Policies as we have always done on all other topics... As this is another topic to agree/disagree with. Personally if it is not a war time or national emergency issue then it shouldn't have been moved for any President no matter what side, especially since the NFL has been doing this for years now (not a surprise or shock) I have seen many NYG fans with PSLs annoyed by this move, so yea it is a legit issue for the nag fans and the nfl fans.

I think he means don't start debating actual politics...i.e. "those damn democrats! its all their fault!!" and starting a political debate. But that was just my interpretation.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Taking off September 6th.</P>

heck man....go for the 7th too....make it a vaca.....[B]</P>

miked1958
02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
yes you are most likely right. give Arron and the Boys a shot right out of the box to get revenge for that playoff loss. GB will really want to destroy the Gmen on National TV. Hope the Giants are ready cause they will pull out all the stops. and lets not forget its us that has the bulleye on our backs this season.</P>

other possible opponents could be NO, Steelers, or anyone of the 3 Div Rivals</P>

miked1958
02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Anyone know what the circumstances were in 1948 for rams and lions to play on a Wed night? Aliens? Roswell?</P>

LOL.</P>

Well, that was also an Election year so it could of been for the same reason that they are moving this game.</P>

Flip Empty
02-29-2012, 09:35 AM
The only thing that bothers me about this is having to wait almost a week for the next clutch of games.

Mod_C
02-29-2012, 11:17 AM

While i respect the rules &amp; regulations, this thread is NYG Related &amp; Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects &amp; its related to the NYG and the fans.

I had thought you were smarter than that. We know why the game is being played on Wednesday and we know it's because it conflicts (for a viewing audience) with a political convention. That's all fair game. What we aren't gong to do is argue the matter along "party lines." I'm sorry if you can't live with that, but those are the rules.

As a practical matter, it doesn't make a difference if the game is played on Wednesday or Thursday of the previous or following week for that matter.

Mod_C
02-29-2012, 11:18 AM

I think he means don't start debating actual politics...i.e. "those damn democrats! its all their fault!!" and starting a political debate. But that was just my interpretation.

And you happen to be right.

RoanokeFan
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
We didn't do it, it was the nfl making it an actual related and legitimate topic by moving the game because of the dnc acceptance speech by Obama. Which was reported by the NFL.COM http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82746aa5/article/nfl-season-opener-to-be-held-wednesday-sept-5?module=HP11_headline_stack While i respect the rules &amp; regulations, this thread is NYG Related &amp; Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects &amp; its related to the NYG and the fans. I do not see how you can have an issue when we are agreeing or disagreeing with the NFLs Policies as we have always done on all other topics... As this is another topic to agree/disagree with. Personally if it is not a war time or national emergency issue then it shouldn't have been moved for any President no matter what side, especially since the NFL has been doing this for years now (not a surprise or shock) <font color="#000080" size="4">I have seen many NYG fans with PSLs annoyed by this move, so yea it is a legit issue for the nag fans and the nfl fans.</font></p>

why the should it matter......Wed or Thurs??? People still piss and moan that its a week day game....I ahve to get up early the next day.....blah blah blah. Look I am not a young guy and and I get up every day at 545AM. I dont see the problem. If you are a fan then just go to the game and deal with the next day. If you weren't or weregoing to go to the Thursday night game then the Wed night game is no different. </p>

Simple logic, how's that possible OLD MAN [;)]

DragonSoul
02-29-2012, 12:06 PM

While i respect the rules & regulations, this thread is NYG Related & Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects & its related to the NYG and the fans.

And you happen to be right.*
I initially posted (that a mod deleted, not sure if it was you or not) that I thought it was BS that it was moved because of the DNC Speech (even though I am not a Dem), it was possibly assumed that I was making a political point.

So in the repost I made it clear I don't care who was making the speech, whether it be a DEM or a GOP, but it shouldn't have been moved period, unless something tragic happened.

Personally as a FAN, I am happy with it being a day earlier.

I think you misunderstood both my posts. :)

Mod_C
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM

I initially posted (that a mod deleted, not sure if it was you or not) that I thought it was BS that it was moved because of the DNC Speech (even though I am not a Dem), it was possibly assumed that I was making a political point.

So in the repost I made it clear I don't care who was making the speech, whether it be a DEM or a GOP, but it shouldn't have been moved period, unless something tragic happened.

I did delete that post. What you don't seem to understand is how quickly these types of topics can descend into pretty ugly and out of control threads. The NFL decided to move the game. They don't want to share the viewing audience with another big draw event. I suspect the same would have happened if the opposing event was The Oscar's.

Your post may well have been seen as a catalyst for those less objective posters who take any opportunity to pull out their soap boxes.

This far in advance, it really doesn't matter when the game is played.

LT_was_good
02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Do you guys think Goodell was actually worried about ratings competition, or was it more of a political move on his part, not wanting controversy or to "upstage" a presidential speech? While I am sure the speech/convention are of high interest to many people, my guess is that the game would take away far more viewers from the speech than vice versa. I could be wrong on that. Either way, I understand why he did it. And it certainly does mean one less day to wait for the first game.

Jet-Blue
02-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Taking off September 6th.</P>

heck man....go for the 7th too....make it a vaca.....[B]</P>

I had planned the whole week anyway. Monday is a Holiday for most. I would have taken Thursday and Friday off, so Tuesday and Wednesday were easy days to take off anyway. I great way to start the season.

SweetZombieJesus
02-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Ah the suspense of a convention acceptance speech for an incumbent President -- broadcast on every single big 4 network and all the cable news channels.

DragonSoul
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM

And you happen to be right.*

I did delete that post.* What you don't seem to understand is how quickly these types of topics can descend into pretty ugly and out of control threads.* The NFL decided to move the game.* They don't want to share the viewing audience with another big draw event.*** I suspect the same would have happened if the opposing event was The Oscar's.

Your post may well have been seen as a catalyst for those less objective posters who take any opportunity to pull out their soap boxes.

Honestly I don't think the DNC speech would have drawn many viewers vs the 1st NFL game.

Even if it was a GOP Speech it would have drawn low numbers. I think the NFL is doing it (maybe with or without the request of the particular party) to appease the DNC (hopefully not, but I would assume they would have done the same for the GOP)

Personally they shouldn't have done so. It makes them look like they are trying to be political. Again I don't think they are, I just think it was a bad move in general.

And as some have said. Its one day earlier for Football to start :-)

TuckYou
02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Do you guys think Goodell was actually worried about ratings competition, or was it more of a political move on his part, not wanting controversy or to "upstage" a presidential speech?* While I am sure the speech/convention are of high interest to many people, my guess is that the game would take away far more viewers from the speech than vice versa.* I could be wrong on that.* Either way, I understand why he did it.* And it certainly does mean one less day to wait for the first game.

I actually think Obama called the shot on this one. He wants no part of missing the Gmen open up the season and kicking some butt!

GameTime
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
<FONT size=6>Boys and girls, DO NOT turn this into a political issue.</FONT>
We didn't do it, it was the nfl making it an actual related and legitimate topic by moving the game because of the dnc acceptance speech by Obama. Which was reported by the NFL.COM http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82746aa5/article/nfl-season-opener-to-be-held-wednesday-sept-5?module=HP11_headline_stack While i respect the rules &amp; regulations, this thread is NYG Related &amp; Politically related topic thanks to the NFL, not forum members. If you do not want people to voice their opinion of how the game was moved and how it affects Giants fans and NFL Fans then please either post a closed thread that it was moved, or delete all threads pertaining to it, otherwise it is very HYPOCRITICAL to let it stand considering its PER the NFL (NYG is part of the nfl) BECAUSE of the PRESIDENTIAL SPEECH (not some natural disaster like Katrina) and this is the reason the game was moved. Again it affects &amp; its related to the NYG and the fans. I do not see how you can have an issue when we are agreeing or disagreeing with the NFLs Policies as we have always done on all other topics... As this is another topic to agree/disagree with. Personally if it is not a war time or national emergency issue then it shouldn't have been moved for any President no matter what side, especially since the NFL has been doing this for years now (not a surprise or shock) I have seen many NYG fans with PSLs annoyed by this move, so yea it is a legit issue for the nag fans and the nfl fans.

I initially posted (that a mod deleted, not sure if it was you or not) that I thought it was BS that it was moved because of the DNC Speech (even though I am not a Dem), it was possibly assumed that I was making a political point. So in the repost I made it clear I don't care who was making the speech, whether it be a DEM or a GOP, but it shouldn't have been moved period, unless something tragic happened. Personally as a FAN, I am happy with it being a day earlier. I think you misunderstood both my posts. :)

I did delete that post. What you don't seem to understand is how quickly these types of topics can descend into pretty ugly and out of control threads. The NFL decided to move the game. They don't want to share the viewing audience with another big draw event. I suspect the same would have happened if the opposing event was The Oscar's.

Honestly I don't think the DNC speech would have drawn many viewers vs the 1st NFL game. Even if it was a GOP Speech it would have drawn low numbers. I think the NFL is doing it (maybe with or without the request of the particular party) to appease the DNC (hopefully not, but I would assume they would have done the same for the GOP) Personally they shouldn't have done so. It makes them look like they are trying to be political. Again I don't think they are, I just think it was a bad move in general. And as some have said. Its one day earlier for Football to start :-)</P>

why are you making this so convoluted/complicated.</P>

GovernmentElection issuestrumps Football........period. No grey area with being political. It just a hierarchy of what comes first and whatis more important.</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
03-01-2012, 02:06 AM

Government*Election issues*trumps Football........period. No grey area with being political. It just a hierarchy of what comes first and what*is more important.</P>

*</P>you are missing the point.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 08:29 AM

GovernmentElection issuestrumps Football........period. No grey area with being political. It just a hierarchy of what comes first and whatis more important.</P>

</P>

you are missing the point.</P>

No I am not missing the point as you had drifted from one point to another. You first mentioned that why shouldn't we, as message board members, be able to discuss why the game is on Wednesday and not Thursday inspite of its polittcal nature even though you are not talking about the actual poltics of it. THEN ....you go on to say the game shouldn't be moved because of the DNC it should only be moved because of a national tradegy....your quote<FONT color=#000080>...."So in the repost I made it clear I don't care who was making the speech, whether it be a DEM or a GOP, but it shouldn't have been moved period, unless something tragic happened."
</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080><FONT color=#000000>Thats what I am commenting on. Its simple like I said......National Government issues involving the election outweighs and is more important than a football game. The NFL is respecting that....</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080><FONT color=#000000></FONT>
</P></FONT>

nhpgiantsfan
03-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I can understand this bothering ticket holders. They probably would've taken off Friday and had a nice long weekend out of it. Now they take off Thursday instead and have to go back to work on Friday. Other than that, this really is a non issue.

DragonSoul
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Government*Election issues*trumps Football........period. No grey area with being political. It just a hierarchy of what comes first and what*is more important.</P>

*</P>

you are missing the point.</P>

No I am not missing the point as you had drifted from one point to another. You first mentioned that why shouldn't we, as message board members, be able to discuss why the game is on Wednesday and not Thursday inspite of its polittcal nature even though you are not talking about the actual poltics of it. THEN ....you go on to say the game shouldn't be moved because of the DNC it should only be moved because of a national tradegy....your quote<FONT color=#000080>...."So in the repost I made it clear I don't care who was making the speech, whether it be a DEM or a GOP, but it shouldn't have been moved period, unless something tragic happened."
</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080><FONT color=#000000>Thats what I am commenting on. Its simple like I said......National Government issues involving the election outweighs and is more important than a football game. The NFL is respecting that....</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080><FONT color=#000000></FONT>
*</P></FONT>yes you are missing the point & if you want i can break it down for you, as there are many points to it.

Do not assume you know my overall stance of all things in this thread. Most of it is generalized. But as I have said I can break it down for you if you want.