PDA

View Full Version : What did you take away from the Packers game?

JMFP2
12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Me: That Mitch Petrus might the answer at left guard.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Eli rocks, Petrus, there was a Beckum sighting, but only briefly. JPP continues to be unreal as does Cruz and Fewells play calling.

I figured if the oline had a chance to play better it would be yesterday and they did, kudos, now they have to bring it to the next game.

Refs suck a lot more then I originally thought.

NFL apparently does not have a DVR w/SLOW MOTION. They should stop by my place next time.

juice33s
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I've been saying that since we drafted him......Linvals a player and JPP is a star in the making (Keep in mind this was the first game I've seen all year, so I'm a little behind the times)

britishblue2
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Eli rocks, Petrus, there was a Beckum sighting, but only briefly. JPP continues to be unreal as does Cruz and Fewells play calling.

I figured if the oline had a chance to play better it would be yesterday and they did, kudos, now they have to bring it to the next game.

NFL apparently does not have a DVR w/SLOW MOTION. They should stop by my place next time. ROTFLMFAO ... at youre last comment dragon !! ;)

britishblue2
12-05-2011, 07:45 PM
A whole world of PAIN to unleash on them Cowboys this weekend....

well maybe on my tv 4000 miles from the game

juice33s
12-05-2011, 07:47 PM
A whole world of PAIN to unleash on them Cowboys this weekend....

well maybe on my tv 4000 miles from the game
yup, Giants look primed to run the table. Dallas and Washington are garbage and the Jets are nothing special

RoanokeFan
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Nicks and Cruz are on the verge of becoming a top 5 receiving tandem

Jacobs and Bradshaw resurrected the running game (see below)

Petrus and Boothe should start the rest of the way. We finally have a running game and we have to keep that going.

Chase Blackburn was incredible given his recent acquisition.

Tuck, welcome back

JPP is the best DE we have

WE HAVE HEART!!

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 07:52 PM

NFL apparently does not have a DVR w/SLOW MOTION. They should stop by my place next time. ROTFLMFAO ... at youre last comment dragon !! ;)Sad but true. During the commercial break, I did that, and saw on the only 2 views we were shown that ballards knee hit the blue turf then it hit the white right after the line and even his other knee appeared to hit the blue.

I really thought they were gonna over turn it. We are at home and there should be no excuse not to have multiple angles up and shown to the refs. Was horrible.

britishblue2
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM

NFL apparently does not have a DVR w/SLOW MOTION. They should stop by my place next time. ROTFLMFAO ... at youre last comment dragon !! ;)Sad but true. During the commercial break, I did that, and saw on the only 2 views we were shown that ballards knee hit the blue turf then it hit the white right after the line and even his other knee appeared to hit the blue.

I really thought they were gonna over turn it. We are at home and there should be no excuse not to have multiple angles up and shown to the refs. Was horrible.
so true mate..so true

fourth&forever
12-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I'll pile on the O-line here too. Keep this lineup the rest of the way. Boothe is much better than Baas at run blocking. We kind of knew that already. And Petrus is ready baby! Lookin good there Mitch.

Also noticed that JPP needs to be removed once in a while to catch his breath. Put in the Tollyman for a play or two.

jomo
12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
........that we can play much better than we did against the eagles and saints.

giantsfan420
12-05-2011, 09:01 PM
that eli is on Rodgers level. Scoff all you want eli "realists" and call me an eli "cultist" but eli played as well as Rodgers last night and made HUGE unbelievable accurate passes both short and deep, especially deep. I was like in awe on how the ball was hitting the numbers of the wr 40 yards downfield.

if our defense could be consistent we'd be the #2 or 3 seed easily...

fourth&forever
12-05-2011, 09:08 PM
On a poor day, the Packers are still the best. Sorry to say but its true.

BParcells777
12-05-2011, 09:17 PM
A loss but a definite new dose of confidence

Harooni
12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I took away the fact that the Players have not given up on TC. Played their hearts out. It was the undefeated packers and we even had a lead at one point.

Roosevelt
12-05-2011, 09:45 PM
We can run with the big dogs.

daynemustgo
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
another reminder of how Jekyl and Hyde this team is. rollover for the Eagles and then give Green Bay everything they can handle. Which one shows up in Dallas?

NYG 5
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
that the team just isn't ready this year.

when the team claws its way back to tie the game, and then the defense just lets the packers BANG BANG ,FIELD GOAL, GAME OVER, they just can't do it. can't stop the saints, can't stop the pack.

the NFC east is just middle of the road now. NFC north is the best division in football.

HilliardFan16
12-05-2011, 09:58 PM
1.) the new stadium can definitely rock.

2.) Eli is the fifth best qb in football

3.) We wont sign Manningham

4.) Baas is shot. Petrus is the man

5.) Boothe is Reese's best offseason move

6.) The Giants can win a playoff game as easily as they could go 7-9.

BigBlue1971
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
the game clearlyindicate how teams prepare for teams. The Giants were at their best in many categories yesterday but unfortunately not enough to best the Pack.</P>

if the Giantsplay that way every game, they are the 2nd best team in the league.</P>

im not comfortable with Fewells guys. too many big plays. </P>

all n all, Eli and his boys put on a show but were just a little bit short. </P>

</P>

blueomaha
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
the game clearlyindicate how teams prepare for teams. The Giants were at their best in many categories yesterday but unfortunately not enough to best the Pack.</p>

if the Giantsplay that way every game, they are the 2nd best team in the league.</p>

im not comfortable with Fewells guys. too many big plays. </p>

all n all, Eli and his boys put on a show but were just a little bit short. </p>

</p>have to agree BB1971...if the Pack had to score at least 36 pts to beat us, the NYG should be able to win 4 in a row...not saying they will but they can....

gianta
12-06-2011, 08:54 AM

that the Giants have what it takes to beat any team anywhere anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod_C
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM

+1

GMENAGAIN
12-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Me: That Mitch Petrus might the answer at left guard.</P>

+1</P>

There were a number of times that he was matched up one-on-one with Raji and handled him nicely. Very impressive. I also thinks that he brings a level of enthusiasm and toughness to the line that was sorely needed . . . . . </P>

I'd like to see him and Boothe out there for the rest of the year. Let Baas sit at home and recover from his headache . . . . </P>

GMENAGAIN
12-06-2011, 09:28 AM
the game clearlyindicate how teams prepare for teams. The Giants were at their best in many categories yesterday but unfortunately not enough to best the Pack.</P>

if the Giantsplay that way every game, <FONT size=4>they are the 2nd best team in the league.</FONT></P>

im not comfortable with Fewells guys. too many big plays. </P>

all n all, Eli and his boys put on a show but were just a little bit short. </P>

</P>

</P>

Easy . . . . what about the Saints?</P>

gumby742
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM

</P>

And have the talent and players to do so. Even with half our defense missing.</P>

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Me: That Mitch Petrus might the answer at left guard.</P>

+1</P>

There were a number of times that he was matched up one-on-one with Raji and handled him nicely.* Very impressive.* I also thinks that he brings a level of enthusiasm and toughness to the line that was sorely needed . . . . . </P>

I'd like to see him and Boothe out there for the rest of the year.* Let Baas sit at home and recover from his headache . . . . *</P>

There were a number of plays were Petrus was able to turn Raji, springing Jacobs for some nice gains.

He's a powerful dude....I could see he was getting that initial pop off the snap.

Maybe some of it has to do with his age, and the fact that he's 100%....but I'll take it.

And I agree on Boothe.....he is effective, and dependable....can't say enough about the job he's done, jumping all over the line this year when guys get banged up.

Regarding Baas.....really nothing positive to say about the guy at this point.

I'm not sure how much is his fault.....but you have to wonder when he gets replaced, and all of a sudden Jacobs runs with authority again.

I'll give some credit to Gilbride on that....clearly, the running plays for Jacobs were tailored to his strengths.

Mercury
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
The Giants are going to stomp them out in January.