PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think we play Sept. 5th?

dayeh33
02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm hoping either a divisional game, the saints or the steelers. Who do you guys want to see us play opening night?

GmenFan1980
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Packers

jppmvp90
02-28-2012, 07:05 PM
why people keep posting this? its pretty obvious its the packers

egyptian420
02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm almost certain it'll be the Packers

NYGRealityCheck
02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
I predict it'll be the 49ers with Peyton Manning and Mario Mannigham. While I'm at it, I'll also predict the weather a little more than 6 months from now as well. It will be raining again on Sept 5th.

TheBookOfEli
02-28-2012, 07:53 PM
49ers game is at candlestick park.

Anyway, all our home games in 2012 could all be Prime Time games.

Most likely it will be the Packers but it could also be the Saints, Steelers, any of our division foes.

Giants10Joe
02-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Most likely it will be the Packers but it could also be the Saints, Steelers, any of our division foes.

Do you really think we'll have 8+ night games? No way. The primetime games will be Packers to start the season, 2-3 (depending on whether the division comes down to one game) against the Cowboys and Eagles, and 1-2 against the 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, and Saints. So 4-6 primetime games.

NYG216
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM

Do you really think we'll have 8+ night games? No way. The primetime games will be Packers to start the season, 2-3 (depending on whether the division comes down to one game) against the Cowboys and Eagles, and 1-2 against the 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, and Saints. So 4-6 primetime games.

I'm pretty sure they meant that any of our home games could be worthy of being the primetime opener.

Axels15
02-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm hoping Steelers.

derekunion28
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Payback redskins I hope

ShakeNBake
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Isn't it always the defending champs vs the team that won it the year before them?

nhpgiantsfan
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Isn't it always the defending champs vs the team that won it the year before them?

How could that be? They may not be scheduled to play the previous winner that year. If the packers didn't come in first place this year then they wouldn't be on our schedule. So that theory works this year but it wouldn't always work.

B-Red22
02-28-2012, 11:22 PM
</P>

NO</P>

TheBookOfEli
02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
My bad i meant to say that all of our home games are worthy primetime games.

Basically our schedule next year is brutal but it should be fun lol.

bELIeve_in_Giants
02-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Green Bay unless by some weird turn of events Peyton is QB'ing for the Redskins.</P>

</P>

</P>

nhpgiantsfan
02-28-2012, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't rule out the Steelers.

Antwuan
02-29-2012, 04:15 AM
I want the Eagles so we can shut their fans up and stop the win streak they have at the Meadowlands but I think it will be the Packers vs Giants.

arrjay
02-29-2012, 07:01 AM
..........lets beat the Saints at home...

bLuereverie
02-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Everything points to the Packers at home. So that leads me to believe it will be Washington followed by Bucs, Browns and Panthers to start the season with Giants finishing the season against GB, NO, STL and Baltimore.

nygsb42champs
02-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I think it will be Green Bay. the last 2 Super Bowl winners.

buddy33
02-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I thought it was supposed to be the last two Super Bowl winners.

Last year it was so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again this year.

bELIeve_in_Giants
02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I thought it was supposed to be the last two Super Bowl winners.

Last year it was so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again this year.

Many times, the last 2 winners aren't scheduled to play each other.

jimsgints
02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Payback redskins I hope
I agree.

ShakeNBake
02-29-2012, 02:09 PM

How could that be? They may not be scheduled to play the previous winner that year. If the packers didn't come in first place this year then they wouldn't be on our schedule. So that theory works this year but it wouldn't always work.

I thought it was possibly another trend introduced by Goodell, and they did it last year with the saints and packers.

Hail
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Payback redskins I hopeThis

BlueSanta
02-29-2012, 05:19 PM
The NFL purposely changed the schedules to have most divisional rival late in the season. I think it will be the packers.

nhpgiantsfan
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM

I thought it was possibly another trend introduced by Goodell, and they did it last year with the saints and packers.
</P>

It's not a trend. It just so happened that in 2011 the NFC north played NFC south. They were scheduled to play the Saints in 2011 regardless, so they made it the first week. Our opponents are set before the playoffs even begin. We are playing the packers next year because we both came in 1st place in our divisions. It has nothing to do with the fact that we won the SB this year and they won it the year before.</P>

Schedule goes like this.</P>

6 divisional games</P>

4 games againts an AFC division (rotates through all divisions)</P>

4 games against another NFC division (rotates each year through the 3 other NFC divisions)</P>

2 games against the 2 teams in the NFC divisions that you are not already playing that came in the same place in their respective divisions the prior year.</P>

So next year we get, AFC North, NFC South, Packers, 49'ers, along with our 6 divisional games.</P>

Just as an example, if we had won the SB as a wildcard team, like we did in 2007. Then we wouldn't even have the packers on our schedule this year. So I dont think it is automatic that we play the previous years winner.</P>

ShakeNBake
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM

</p>

It's not a trend. It just so happened that in 2011 the NFC north played NFC south. They were scheduled to play the Saints in 2011 regardless, so they made it the first week. Our opponents are set before the playoffs even begin. We are playing the packers next year because we both came in 1st place in our divisions. It has nothing to do with the fact that we won the SB this year and they won it the year before.</p>

Schedule goes like this.</p>

6 divisional games</p>

4 games againts an AFC division (rotates through all divisions)</p>

4 games against another NFC division (rotates each year through the 3 other NFC divisions)</p>

2 games against the 2 teams in the NFC divisions that you are not already playing that came in the same place in their respective divisions the prior year.</p>

So next year we get, AFC North, NFC South, Packers, 49'ers, along with our 6 divisional games.</p>

Just as an example, if we had won the SB as a wildcard team, like we did in 2007. Then we wouldn't even have the packers on our schedule this year. So I dont think it is automatic that we play the previous years winner.</p>

Right I understand how scheduling works, but I think this opening day trend will continue if the current sb champ and the prior champ happen to be on each others schedule

Dirt66
02-29-2012, 08:13 PM
..........lets beat the Saints at home...
I hope the Saints have to come here when the weather is cold and snowy. Enough of going to play in their home under ideal conditions. By the way, I hope it is the Packers on Opening Night.