PDA

View Full Version : Prime time games

Giants10Joe
02-28-2012, 08:19 PM
It has just been announced that we will play the the first game of the season on a Wednesday night. The opponent has not been announced yet but I think it's pretty obvious that it will be the Packers. What other teams do you think we will play in primetime? We face the NFC South, AFC West, Packers, and 49ers, plus of course the divisional games. Here's what teams I think we will face in primetime:

Packers to start the season
2-3 divisional games (1 will be scheduled against both the Cowboys and Eagles each and then another might be flexed near the end of the season, not against the Redskins though)
1-3 games (probably 2) against the Saints, 49ers, Steelers, and Ravens. I would guess 49ers (rematch of the NFC championship game is great for primetime) and Steelers (NBC can hype Eli v. Big Ben, same draft class and both have 2 rings)

nygsb42champs
02-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I would agree with your thinking. That is the only bad part of winning the Super Bowl all of these prime time games.

NYSPORTS
02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
I would agree with your thinking. That is the only bad part of winning the Super Bowl all of these prime time games.

Had a ton of Prime Time games this year too. I think the days of 1pm home games for NY are going to few from now on.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Why on a Wednesday night? Opening Day used to be on a Sunday, then moved to a Thursday. I have an idea, Lets start the season right after the draft with some pick-up games,LOL. And yes, I also wish for more 1 o'clock games again as it is very hard to be at work the next morning at 5am and still a little tipsy.[B]

ShakeNBake
02-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Why on a Wednesday night? Opening Day used to be on a Sunday, then moved to a Thursday. I have an idea, Lets start the season right after the draft with some pick-up games,LOL. And yes, I also wish for more 1 o'clock games again as it is very hard to be at work the next morning at 5am and still a little tipsy.[B]

It was scheduled for thursday but got moved to wednesday due to conflicts with the democratic convention

TheBookOfEli
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I know we are going to have at least 5 primetime games that's for sure. We had 4+ the flex game(week 17).

Now we are the defending champs so lookout for 5 primetime games and possibly more.

krygny
02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Why on a Wednesday night? ...
<font color="#006400" size="6">
$$$
</font>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Why on a Wednesday night? ...
<FONT color=#006400 size=6>
$$$
</FONT>
I hate getting watered down drinks for top dollar. I get you but I wont attend unless its the Gmen playing. The No Fun League is really testing my patience now. I can only devote so much time on so many days and this is making no sense to me. I love football on sundays and monday night only. I would prefer to have all my games on Saturday so I can wake up when i want with no work anddont have to woory about being hungover.

krygny
02-29-2012, 10:31 PM
I've never even liked MNF, mainly because it was always just a dreadful telecast, going all the way back to Howard Cosell and Dandy Don. It's always been more about the twits in the booth than the game on the field. I mean why TF do you need 3-4 people in the booth to cover a football game?

In a few years, the NFL will have 18 games and at least 2 or 3 games every Thursday. If they do that, there should be two bye weeks for each team and the Thursday games should be coupled with those bye weeks, where a team never has fewer than a 5 days off between any two games.

BlueBlitzer
03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
When you win the Prize, you get the Glory. Primetime games are part of it. There will be other games moved to the 4 o'clock start, because Fox and CBS will want their prime game on when they broadcast. ( If we were the Bucs, Browns, Chiefs, Jags, ect... we'd be dieing for these games and bragging rights ) Instead of just being a 1 o'clock game every Sunday, and getting the crap beat out of us.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-01-2012, 07:03 PM
When you win the Prize, you get the Glory. Primetime games are part of it. There will be other games moved to the 4 o'clock start, because Fox and CBS will want their prime game on when they broadcast. ( If we were the Bucs, Browns, Chiefs, Jags, ect... we'd be dieing for these games and bragging rights ) Instead of just being a 1 o'clock game every Sunday, and getting the crap beat out of us.I am begging for a game early enough were I dont go to bed drunk as hell from watching football all day and have to get up early for work(4:30am). And no......."not drinking" is not a viable option....Thank you for playing. I love 1 O'clock games and once in awhile a prime time game. Not vise-versa.

nhpgiantsfan
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
The NFL is a business like any other. They are going to do whatever is the most profitable for them. Why do people think the NFL owes us anything. They are business men trying to make money. When they realize that they can make a lot more money from advertising when the games are prime time, they do what makes them money. Most of the world doesn't have to get hammered in order to enjoy a football game. Ratings don't lie. If the numbers weren't there they wouldn't move the games to Thursday. But guess what, the games will still sell out and the tv ratings will be the highest in their respective time slots.