PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Stock Watch - Post 2012 Combine

BeastGiant9
02-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Hey Guys,

Now that the Giants are Super Bowl Champs I am totally focused on the #32 pick in April's draft. I am still hoping UNC linebacker Zack Brown is available.

Anyway the guys at www.sportsmasher.com released their NFL Draft Post Combine stock watch today. It is a really good read and highlights some of the prospects we will be looking at with the #32 pick. Check it out.

http://sportsmasher.com/?p=206

giantsfan420
02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
I en joyed the link thank you. Their are a ton of diff. Scenarios that could play out. The combine could have helped us as guys who displayed amazing first round talent struggled. Guys like kendall wright, who seemed to be way out of our picks range, could very well be there at 32. He strikes me as a perfect replacement to mm, and he def plays much much faster than his 40 time.

The guard from iowa I believe, the dt from penn, the center, all the guys with 1rst round talent who could fall to the 3rd round...I have a feeling this draft could be one of reeses best. So many diff ways we could go to improving our team, I honestly don't have any concrete clue as to which position we target first...im hoping its fleener as he'd solve a couple of our issues: te and the production mm gave us

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I en joyed the link thank you. Their are a ton of diff. Scenarios that could play out. The combine could have helped us as guys who displayed amazing first round talent struggled. Guys like kendall wright, who seemed to be way out of our picks range, could very well be there at 32. He strikes me as a perfect replacement to mm, and he def plays much much faster than his 40 time.

The guard from iowa I believe, the dt from penn, the center, all the guys with 1rst round talent who could fall to the 3rd round...I have a feeling this draft could be one of reeses best. So many diff ways we could go to improving our team, I honestly don't have any concrete clue as to which position we target first...im hoping its fleener as he'd solve a couple of our issues: te and the production mm gave us
+1. I've got a good feeling about this draft. I really don't expect them to go LB or TE with the 1st pick, however -- it's just not how the Giants roll. It'll probably be BPA out of o-line (that would surprise me as well because we haven't drafted o-line in a long time), d-line, secondary, or WR.

slipknottin
02-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Hey Guys,

Now that the Giants are Super Bowl Champs I am totally focused on the #32 pick in April's draft. I am still hoping UNC linebacker Zack Brown is available.

Clearly youve watched a ton of him, considering you cant even spell his name correctly.

And no thanks, dont care how fast he runs, he gets lost in coverage and he is quite possibly the least physical LB in the entire draft.

giantsfan420
02-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Hey Guys,

Clearly youve watched a ton of him, considering you cant even spell his name correctly.

And no thanks, dont care how fast he runs, he gets lost in coverage and he is quite possibly the least physical LB in the entire draft.

Slip knows everything, just ask him.

Brown is an intriguing prospect. If washington gets rg3, maybe browns relevance would go up bc we could need an olb able to contain him and vick type qbs, but we have jwill already so I dunno. Last season it seemed like everyone believed we needed a lb round 1, now it doesn't seem nearly as important.

Plus, their should be lbs of browns ability in latter rounds

Kruunch
02-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I think the Combine did a couple of things for the Giants:

1) Cemented the fact that Burfict is a waste of a pick (at any round).

2) Dwayne Allen won't be their first pick (and quite possibly their first pick won't be a TE at all). Egenew in the 4th or 5th is almost a lock in my mind.

3) Put Dontari Poe to the top of their possibles (I don't think he's there when the Giants pick at #32 though).

I don't think the Giants go with LBer in the first round and quite possibly don't draft a LBer at all (depending on compensetory picks) this year.

critters
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
---------

BlueSanta
02-29-2012, 12:05 PM

2) Dwayne Allen won't be their first pick (and quite possibly their first pick won't be a TE at all). Egenew in the 4th or 5th is almost a lock in my mind.

3) Put Dontari Poe to the top of their possibles (I don't think he's there when the Giants pick at #32 though).

I don't think the Giants go with LBer in the first round and quite possibly don't draft a LBer at all (depending on compensetory picks) this year.
Poe will be far gone by the time we pick and he will be a nose Tackle in this league.

Kruunch
02-29-2012, 12:21 PM

Poe will be far gone by the time we pick and he will be a nose Tackle in this league.

Yeah I think so too. I was hoping his mediocre game tapes might let him slide to us but after the Combine, no way.

juice33s
02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
One of the biggest winners for me was mychal kendricks. IMO he moved himself in to the #2 ILB spot and solid 2nd round pick

critters
02-29-2012, 02:32 PM
One of the biggest winners for me was mychal kendricks. IMO he moved himself in to the #2 ILB spot and solid 2nd round pick

If he is the 2nd rated ILB, I don't think he'll be available in the 2nd. Hightower and Kuechly are 2 ILBs that are projected to go in the first round.

Kruunch
02-29-2012, 02:39 PM

If he is the 2nd rated ILB, I don't think he'll be available in the 2nd. Hightower and Kuechly are 2 ILBs that are projected to go in the first round.

I'm seeing him more as a late 3rd or early 4th round pick.

juice33s
02-29-2012, 02:40 PM

On average I'd say only about one MLB goes in round 1 per year (last year 0 did) so with that said obviously Kuechly will be that one. As for Hightower vs Kendricks it will come down to what defense the team plays. 3/4 they take hightower, 4/3 Kendricks

juice33s
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM

The guy was the pac 10 defensive player of the year with elite measurables, no way in hell he goes round 4 or even late 3rd

Kruunch
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM

The guy was the pac 10 defensive player of the year with elite measurables, no way in hell he goes round 4 or even late 3rd

You're talking about the MLB is who is 5'10?

And yes he's rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick (late 3rd to be exact).

juice33s
02-29-2012, 05:05 PM

You're talking about the MLB is who is 5'10?

And yes he's rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick (late 3rd to be exact).He measured in at 5'11 and beat Patrick Willis in every single combine event.... He's going in the 2nd, the 3-4 round rating was pre combine, obviously things have changed