PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico to Eagles? How would you feel?

Grail72
02-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I heard his comments, and personally, I like Plax and what he did for this team.

If he goes to the Eagles, I could really care less. After this season, the Eagles could sign whoever they want. It will be just another "me" player on a team full of them.

buddy33
02-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Why should we care? He hasn't been a part of this team since 2008 and they just won the Super Bowl without him. They also played against him this year and he did nothing.

Redeyejedi
02-29-2012, 08:31 AM
If the Eagles want to put slow lumbering receivers on the field they can be my guest. It will help the Giants. 1 less guy with electric speed on the field.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 08:33 AM
the onlt thing that will bother me will be all the talk of ..."now the Eagles are complete and will make a run....yada yada yada..". They had all the weapons the needed last year too....right?</P>

They are still the Eagles and they still area team without a true leader IMO. Burress will give them a redzone threat but he wont bring leadership. </P>

BTW.....The Giants are still a better team all the way around anyway.....[Y]</P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
I feel happy, I hope they fail

Grail72
02-29-2012, 08:35 AM
the onlt thing that will bother me will be all the talk of ..."now the Eagles are complete and will make a run....yada yada yada..". They had all the weapons the needed last year too....right?</P>

They are still the Eagles and they still are*a team without a true leader IMO. Burress will give them a redzone threat but he wont bring leadership. </P>

BTW.....The Giants are still a better team all the way around anyway.....[Y]</P>

Exactly how i feel. I am already getting sick of how much attention this is getting.

Also, where the hell are the Eagles getting all this cap space, if they do sign him???

GameTime
02-29-2012, 08:46 AM

They are still the Eagles and they still area team without a true leader IMO. Burress will give them a redzone threat but he wont bring leadership. </P>

Exactly how i feel. I am already getting sick of how much attention this is getting. Also, where the hell are the Eagles getting all this cap space, if they do sign him???</P>

Burress will prob only get a year and 1 mil I would think..</P>

But we are all forgetting something. He is not on the team yet. It was just Plax saying he would like to play for them. He also said he would play for the Giants too. Its all BS. The guy wants to play. He will play for any team that will pay him.....thats they only fact. </P>

nygpolishpunk
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
the onlt thing that will bother me will be all the talk of ..."now the Eagles are complete and will make a run....yada yada yada..". They had all the weapons the needed last year too....right?</p>

They are still the Eagles and they still area team without a true leader IMO. Burress will give them a redzone threat but he wont bring leadership. </p>

BTW.....The Giants are still a better team all the way around anyway.....[Y]</p>

Exactly how i feel. I am already getting sick of how much attention this is getting. Also, where the hell are the Eagles getting all this cap space, if they do sign him???</p>

Burress will prob only get a year and 1 mil I would think..</p>

But we are all forgetting something. He is not on the team yet. It was just Plax saying he would like to play for them. He also said he would play for the Giants too. Its all BS. The guy wants to play. He will play for any team that will pay him.....thats they only fact. </p>This right here.

Flip Empty
02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Don't care, he hasn't been a Giant for four years. As far as I'm concerned he's just a free agent.

It's odd how often Plax mentioned on here.

Gimaniac
02-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Plax is old and doesn't matter anymore. I hope he plays for the Eagulls and wrecks the lockeroom like he did with the Jets.

WORLDCHAMPS
02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Could care less. We won ANOTHER superbowl. Im ALLLL GOOD. Plax is yesterdays news...blah blah blah....who gives a phuuk where he goes

miked1958
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
this is like the 3rd thread on this subject and the other had links. </P>

anyway he will be 35 when the season starts. I dont think he is anything to worry about. It will make it that much more awesome when they FAIL again. Let him go to a team that has not won anything of importance since 1960. lol</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I heard his comments, and personally, I like Plax and what he did for this team.

If he goes to the Eagles, I could really care less. After this season, the Eagles could sign whoever they want. It will be just another "me" player on a team full of them.

honestly - it will cut into my superbowl glow so i don't want to talk or think about it

Manning2Niks
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Don't care, he hasn't been a Giant for four years. As far as I'm concerned he's just a free agent.

Yeah, makes no sense why a one time beloved player and playoff/super bowl hero for this team gets any attention on this board. I mean, he barely had any worth when he was even here. When he shot himself no one thought it was a contributing factor to our downfall at the tail end of that season...

I'm not saying hell make an impact on the eagles, but get real. He was huge for this team and it makes sense that fans hold a special place for Plax in their hearts and will have interest in his career.....especially if that involves his playing for a DIVISION RIVAL. Wed be talking talking about this whether it was Plax or not.

nygsb42champs
02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Would not care at all.

egyptian420
02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Been there, done that....don't care anymore. He was on a rival team last year too wasn't he?

Philly's big name FA's haven't helped them get any closer to their first Lombardi, meanwhile we're making zero big name moves and just added another one to our collection....nuff said.

Flip Empty
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Yeah, makes no sense why a one time beloved player and playoff/super bowl hero for this team gets any attention on this board. I mean, he barely had any worth when he was even here. When he shot himself no one thought it was a contributing factor to our downfall at the tail end of that season...

I'm not saying hell make an impact on the eagles, but get real. He was huge for this team and it makes sense that fans hold a special place for Plax in their hearts and will have interest in his career.....especially if that involves his playing for a DIVISION RIVAL. Wed be talking talking about this whether it was Plax or not.
Judging by the other posts in this thread, you're on your own.

Coach Carter
02-29-2012, 10:05 AM

Actually, it is a great move, the Eagles don't have a man who can go over the middle or a big bodied WR.

Manning2Niks
02-29-2012, 10:15 AM

Judging by the other posts in this thread, you're on your own.

Judging by the OP I'm not.

You guys are all just jilted lovers. He was a great player for the giants during his time here. Everyone acting like he was nothing special were probably massaging his *ego* with their tounges after the NFC Championship game and happy we locked him up prior to the redskins game opening day of 2008.

Sowwie he broke ur hearts cuz he wad selfish...he just wasn't the man we tricked ourselved into believing he was :'(

TuckYou
02-29-2012, 10:19 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUP0wOJnM8MxJzRNJi93zMMHxJ2R0o6 4CBhC4CywV-jSe5Dn-Bag</P>

<FONT size=6>+</FONT></P>

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOqHWuGmbWD5iJ4s1wDP7ZONOH-dX2fFJrJM2R-ymnPIr1DKze5Q</P>

<FONT size=6>Still =</FONT></P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOnJjPAn_822jjsNyNLlZ31gKv7vnoB je3-xgQQdR-ZEU_kKUF</P>

Spedracer
02-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Plax would represent Reid taking one more step into a locker room he can't control.

Aka I don't hate the 'Plax to Eagles' idea.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
I heard his comments, and personally, I like Plax and what he did for this team. If he goes to the Eagles, I could really care less. After this season, the Eagles could sign whoever they want. It will be just another "me" player on a team full of them. Actually, it is a great move, the Eagles don't have a man who can go over the middle or a big bodied WR.</P>

when does Plax go over the middle???</P>

</P>

</P>

Coach Carter
02-29-2012, 10:40 AM
I heard his comments, and personally, I like Plax and what he did for this team. If he goes to the Eagles, I could really care less. After this season, the Eagles could sign whoever they want. It will be just another "me" player on a team full of them. Actually, it is a great move, the Eagles don't have a man who can go over the middle or a big bodied WR.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Seriously?Come on man, hate him all you want, but don't discredit his abilities. Plax makes a living going over the middle.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 10:44 AM

</P>

</P>

Seriously?Come on man, hate him all you want, but don't discredit his abilities. Plax makes a living going over the middle.</P>

I dont hate him or his abilities...what gave you that idea?? I guess my memory sucks worse thean I thought. To me he is an outside the hash marks guy 99% of the time.....and fades in the endzone. </P>

</P>

</P>

Meanhothead
02-29-2012, 10:47 AM
I think Plax and the wife don't want to move, so since he won't be playing for NYG + NYJ, the Eagles are really a team that is nearby and his wife can continue her career.

Coach Carter
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM

*</P>

*</P>

Seriously?Come on man, hate him all you want, but don't discredit his abilities. Plax makes a living going over the middle.</P>

*I dont hate him or his abilities...what gave you that idea?? I guess my memory sucks worse thean I thought. To me he is an outside the hash marks guy 99% of the time.....and fades in the endzone. </P>

*</P>

*</P>

He is more than just fades, he runs the slants and crossing routes well.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM

</P>

</P>

I dont hate him or his abilities...what gave you that idea?? I guess my memory sucks worse thean I thought. To me he is an outside the hash marks guy 99% of the time.....and fades in the endzone. </P>

</P>

</P>

He is more than just fades, he runs the slants and crossing routes well.</P>

I did say he plays outside the hash marks and not only fades. He may run shallow slants but I still stand by my opinion that he is not a inside WR by definition. I may be wrong but thats not how I see him. Besides he is older now and wants no part of going across the middle. </P>

</P>

Vtgmenfan89
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Don't care. Prince and Webster will whoop his *** and he will have 50 total yards against us next year with no td's. I mean he had to commit offensive pass interference against a rookie Prince last year to get open, and he's only going to be older next year

Vtgmenfan89
02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUP0wOJnM8MxJzRNJi93zMMHxJ2R0o6 4CBhC4CywV-jSe5Dn-Bag</P>

<FONT size=6>+</FONT></P>

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOqHWuGmbWD5iJ4s1wDP7ZONOH-dX2fFJrJM2R-ymnPIr1DKze5Q</P>

<FONT size=6>Still =</FONT></P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOnJjPAn_822jjsNyNLlZ31gKv7vnoB je3-xgQQdR-ZEU_kKUF</P>

Well done sir, well done!

Gimaniac
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM

*</P>

*</P>

When they put his paycheck there.

Grail72
02-29-2012, 11:09 AM

*</P>

*</P>

When they put his paycheck there.

HAHAHA! Now that is funny!

jimsgints
02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Don't care. He just watched us win the big one with him on the couch. It's all good now.

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I'd have no problems with him coming back to the Giants to compete for the # 3 spot, but I also couldn't care if he were on the Eagles.

GmenFan1980
02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000512941/polls_meh_cat_5401_66610_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

hungrrrry
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I hope they do sign him...that would likely mean they will let Jackson walk while taking up a roster spot with a guy who can't get it done anymore. Addition by subtraction, kinda.I do wish Plax well and hope he can salvage some of his life back as his career goes on but I don't fear him playing against the Giants on any team!

GameTime
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM

</P>

</P>

When they put his paycheck there.</P>

</P>

[Y].....[B]</P>

mattpl908
02-29-2012, 03:01 PM
who cares where he goes? did he help us win the sb this year? couldnt care less where he goes

thomsoad
02-29-2012, 03:05 PM
The same as if they signed Shockey or Barber. If Eagles wanna waste a roster spot for an old slow WR let em.

While Eagles are at it they can always sign TO, Ocho Cinco, and Moss too while they are at it... all hype and DOA by time Dec comes around.

MattMeyerBud
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
The same as if they signed Shockey or Barber. If Eagles wanna waste a roster spot for an old slow WR let em.

While Eagles are at it they can always sign TO, Ocho Cinco, and Moss too while they are at it... all hype and DOA by time Dec comes around.

Plax came out of jail with no legs or QB and grabbed 600 for 8

he'll be double digit TDs next year and crack 800 yards.... he will be a legit #2 for somebody...

and make no mistake that adding him with DJax, Maclin, Vick, and McCoy would be pretty legit. This isn't giving a huge contract out to a cornerback when your defense is holier than the pope. This is adding a value WR to an explosive offense...

IF anybody watched the Jet games this year, besides for his offensive PIs his lack of production came from having a brutal QB who had brutal protection

Hail
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Honestly, who cares? The obession here with the Jets/Eagles is laughable. The Redskins swept you guys, yet we are an afterthought. Laughable.

TroyArcher
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
They could always use another criminal. He seems washed up to me but if he goes to the Eagles I do not wish him well.

TroyArcher
02-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Honestly, who cares? The obession here with the Jets/Eagles is laughable. The Redskins swept you guys, yet we are an afterthought. Laughable.</P>

</P>

You should be on the Smacktalk board but since you are here. The reason no one cares about the Redskins is they have been a bottom feeder for the better part of Two decades. </P>

MattMeyerBud
02-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Honestly, who cares? The obession here with the Jets/Eagles is laughable. The Redskins swept you guys, yet we are an afterthought. Laughable.

losers worry about regular season records

champions worry about post season records

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/10/15/16/2151359/3/628x471.jpg

eat it son

giantyankee1976
02-29-2012, 07:01 PM

moral victory?

sounds like an Eagirls fan, smells like a Foreskin though

jomo
02-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Based on how the Eagles build their roster last year, it is clear that they did so based on reading message boards like this. So let me just say that I believe that Plax is the missing piece in that puzzle down there in Philly. He and Michael will make beautiful music together. [;)]

egyptian420
02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
<font color="#FF0000">you're a bright young man</font>

thomsoad
03-01-2012, 07:34 AM

he'll be double digit TDs next year and crack 800 yards.... he will be a legit #2 for somebody...

and make no mistake that adding him with DJax, Maclin, Vick,* and McCoy would be pretty legit. This isn't giving a huge contract out to a cornerback when your defense is holier than the pope. This is adding a value WR to an explosive offense...

IF anybody watched the Jet games this year, besides for his offensive PIs his lack of production came from having a brutal QB who had brutal protection

It would be one thing if we were talking about a 24 year old. But Plax is 34 in a position where 34 year olds are well into the twilight of their careers. Just ask Hines Ward or Chad Ocho Cinco. both of which are just as old as Plax. I will always be grateful for the ring Plax helped us get ... but i also dont live in past glories either.

As I said; if eagles want to waste a roster spot for an old tired WR well past his prime at the expense of a young guy with future upside then let them.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM

and make no mistake that adding him with DJax, Maclin, Vick, and McCoy would be pretty legit. This isn't giving a huge contract out to a cornerback when your defense is holier than the pope. This is adding a value WR to an explosive offense...

It would be one thing if we were talking about a 24 year old. But Plax is 34 in a position where 34 year olds are well into the twilight of their careers. Just ask Hines Ward or Chad Ocho Cinco. both of which are just as old as Plax. I will always be grateful for the ring Plax helped us get ... but i also dont live in past glories either.

As I said; if eagles want to waste a roster spot for an old tired WR well past his prime at the expense of a young guy with future upside then let them.

who cares about age? These boards get wayyyy too wrapped up in the age factor. IF he can still perform for 2 years then why not. Hes a physical freak.

Everybody said he would suck this year and like I siad, besides for his offensive PIs, it was Sanchez's faults. Plax could of easily been 700 and 10 this year if Sanchez could hit an open receiver.

thomsoad
03-01-2012, 02:26 PM

and make no mistake that adding him with DJax, Maclin, Vick,* and McCoy would be pretty legit. This isn't giving a huge contract out to a cornerback when your defense is holier than the pope. This is adding a value WR to an explosive offense...

who cares about age? These boards get wayyyy too wrapped up in the age factor.* IF he can still perform for 2 years then why not.* Hes a physical freak.

Everybody said he would suck this year and like I siad, besides for his offensive PIs, it was Sanchez's faults.* Plax could of easily been 700 and 10 this year if Sanchez could hit an open receiver.

Age is a factor whether we want to acknowledge it or not. Otherwise LT, Banks, and Pierce would still be our LB crew.

Plax WAS a freak... 5 years ago. Now ... not so much. Yeah he is still tall... BUT:
Can he jump as high as 12 years ago? Doubt it
Is he as fast as 12 years ago? Doubt it.
Is he as strong as 12 years ago? Doubt it
Is he as quick/agile? Doubt it
Is he more fragile then 12 years ago? Probably

Factor these up and if I am right on even ONE of these ... then hes no better then Barden or that tall reciever we cut last year.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM

who cares about age? These boards get wayyyy too wrapped up in the age factor. IF he can still perform for 2 years then why not. Hes a physical freak.

Everybody said he would suck this year and like I siad, besides for his offensive PIs, it was Sanchez's faults. Plax could of easily been 700 and 10 this year if Sanchez could hit an open receiver.

Age is a factor whether we want to acknowledge it or not. Otherwise LT, Banks, and Pierce would still be our LB crew.

Plax WAS a freak... 5 years ago. Now ... not so much. Yeah he is still tall... BUT:

Factor these up and if I am right on even ONE of these ... then hes no better then Barden or that tall reciever we cut last year.

guy sat in the can for two years and came and produced in the NFL. Thats a freak. He still has the size and athleticism

Age isn't a factor in the moment. If you can play, then you can play...some people can't play past 34 some people can still be effective until 37.

The difference is production. I don't want to hear about BArden because of his size, just because hes big doesn't mean hes the physical freak that plax is

thomsoad
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM

who cares about age? These boards get wayyyy too wrapped up in the age factor.* IF he can still perform for 2 years then why not.* Hes a physical freak.

Everybody said he would suck this year and like I siad, besides for his offensive PIs, it was Sanchez's faults.* Plax could of easily been 700 and 10 this year if Sanchez could hit an open receiver.

guy sat in the can for two years and came and produced in the NFL. Thats a freak. He still has the size and athleticism

Age isn't a factor in the moment. If you can play, then you can play...some people can't play past 34 some people can still be effective until 37.

The difference is production. I don't want to hear about BArden because of his size, just because hes big doesn't mean hes the physical freak that plax is

matt i think we can agree to disagree on this one. Nice thing about the NFL is by this time next year we will know who was right. :)