PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Team to trade up to #2

Bones911
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."

I know this is NOT the Giants. but if you were a ballsy GM. What would you give up and for WHO.

TheEnigma
02-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Hmm...who could it be?

Jets?

49ers?

Chiefs?

Maybe someone wants to trade up and get someone other than RG3? Don't think anyone else really warrants trading up for though.

nygsb42champs
02-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Dallas? Maybe they are finally tired of Tony Romo. They would have to come up with more than just there #1 because that would be to far for the Rams to drop down.

ShakeNBake
02-29-2012, 04:42 PM
I think its Washington looking to grab RG3

TheBookOfEli
02-29-2012, 04:47 PM
$20 says it's the Eagles.

TheEnigma
02-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Also the possibility that this is a false statement with the intentions of making the interest in the #2 pick larger than it really is.

MattMeyerBud
02-29-2012, 04:53 PM
$20 says it's the Eagles.

wow good thought

i could see that

Asante Samuel, 1st and 2nd round pick?

greenca190
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
The eagles did interview him. I think it would take much more than a first ad second to trade for him though.

keyofgmen
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Don't be surprised if it's.....

THE PATS!

Tons of great picks this year and boy would they be laughing if they got their next franchise QB on the roster.

Well you said it was a team "you would never expect"!

SweetZombieJesus
02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Gotta be someone with a stockpile... I think the Eagles

GmenFan1980
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Don't be surprised if it's.....

THE PATS!

Tons of great picks this year and boy would they be laughing if they got their next franchise QB on the roster.

Well you said it was a team "you would never expect"!

Ravens or Niners will do it for a Receiver. I'm just talking out my *** with that

Raptor22
02-29-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing the price for #2 is going to be two 1's and two 2's (minimum), so if its the Eagles, it could be:

1st, 2nd, Samuel, DJax (after signing), and maybe a pick next year.

They HAVE to realize that Vick is never going to be dependable. Even if he turns into Peyton and NEVER runs, he IS going to get hit, and he just doesn't have the body to absorb it.

I really, really, don't want to see RG3 twice a year, but if its the Eagles, at least they're going to have to hamstring themselves for a while to get him.

also Dallas/Jest wouldn't surprise me either.

I just don't see anybody outbidding Cleavland right now (assuming the Browns want RG3 and are willing to go get him).

bLuereverie
02-29-2012, 05:13 PM
It's the Raiders. They've offered their entire 2013 and 2014 for the Rams #2...

..for Stephen Hill.

Raptor22
02-29-2012, 05:16 PM
It's the Raiders. They've offered their entire 2013 and 2014 for the Rams #2...

..for Stephen Hill.

ZOMBIE AL DAVIS!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! (but very slowly, he'll only eat the brains of the really fast people)

RedskinHater
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
It said a team, " You would never expect " .The Deadskins would be one of the teams you would expect to trade up for a QB. Look at the garbage they have now...

bLuereverie
02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Incarcerated Bob was really trying to push the Belli and NE rumor being the team in the bidding.

I know a lot was put into Eagles talking to RG3 at the combine, but if it happens, I don't see them having leverage offering either Samuel or DeSean. You're talking about $9mil each going to a two win team that's already up against the cap. Not to mention, DeSean isn't a player you'd exactly build around.

It would be a ton of picks which the Eagles do have.

Redeyejedi
02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Dallas? Maybe they are finally tired of Tony Romo. They would have to come up with more than just there #1 because that would be to far for the Rams to drop down.Very well could be the Cowboys. From a Texas school

XxBigWhitxX
02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Gotta be the Eagles. Disgruntled D-Jax and Samuels plus a 1st and 3rd. Lets face it. Vick not only took a hell of a beating, but also threw a lot of ints and seems to be in a downward spiral.

bansaw
02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Gotta be the Eagles. Disgruntled D-Jax and Samuels plus a 1st and 3rd. Lets face it. Vick not only took a hell of a beating, but also threw a lot of ints and seems to be in a downward spiral.Rams do need a WR

Flip Empty
02-29-2012, 06:46 PM
The Saints? It looks like they'll have to use the franchise tag on Brees so Colston may be a goner.

Maybe the Broncos want to pair Tebow with Griffin haha

fletch842
02-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Dallas? Maybe they are finally tired of Tony Romo. They would have to come up with more than just there #1 because that would be to far for the Rams to drop down.Very well could be the Cowboys. From a Texas school
and yesterday, both Steven and Jerry Jones went to great lengths to say how much they love Tony Romo, and wouldn't consider trading him to pick either Luck or RG3

Hail
02-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Patriots have Mallet.

Its the Texans.

NYGRealityCheck
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Gotta be the Eagles. Disgruntled D-Jax and Samuels plus a 1st and 3rd. Lets face it. Vick not only took a hell of a beating, but also threw a lot of ints and seems to be in a downward spiral.Rams do need a WR

Eagles need to resign D. Jackson first who is going to be a UFA, barring a franchise tag. Either way, they can't trade him without signing him to a new contract. They are not going after RG3 guaranteed.

KillaRich
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
colts?

smashndash715
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Patriots have Mallet.

Its the Texans.

that would be huge

slipknottin
02-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Id say its either Miami or the Jets.

NYGRealityCheck
02-29-2012, 09:13 PM

I'd go with the Jets. Poor Sanchez might be shown the door. But, I don't know if the Rams are willing to fall that far down.

gmen0820
02-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Id say its either Miami or the Jets.Miami is not that unexpected.

Jets, I can see that. They've made a jump like that when they took Sanchez, maybe they do it again for RGIII.

I'm saying Seahawks most likely, but Eagles as a wildcard. They have a lot of ammo to make the move.

rainierjef
02-29-2012, 09:28 PM
my bet is on raiders lmao

NYGRealityCheck
02-29-2012, 09:38 PM
might as well try to cover all the QB-needy teams...

the Chiefs at the No. 11 pick...

giantcarll
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if it were the Eagles too.Vick is making around 16 17 mill a year and has notdone anything yet.Could be they r getting tire of the same old Vick.

egyptian420
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I'd put my money on the redskins (wow, never thought I'd say that)

gmen0820
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM

the Chiefs at the No. 11 pick...Well wouldn't that contradict the "mystery" part.

It has to be a team that needs a QB, but have one that is probably over paid, or underachieving. Eagles and Jets fit that description, and the Seahawks have not shown any interest in Griffin (think Shannahan and Jay Cutler), so they fit the bill in a different way.

Redeyejedi
03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Id say its either Miami or the Jets.miami is not a mystery team. maybe the jets probably get some assets back for Sanchez as well

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 08:44 AM

Not sure that would be a value to the Rams...

DJax is gonna be franchise tagged. Not even sure u can trade somebody thats a franchise tag

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Patriots have Mallet.

Its the Texans.

thats actually a really good call too

can't rely on ol china doll schaub anymore

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 08:46 AM

no way the JEts are making a move like that

and Miami wouldn't exactly be a mystery

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if it were the Eagles too.Vick is making around 16 17 mill a year and has notdone anything yet.Could be they r getting tire of the same old Vick.

I think its possible but to say he hasn't done anything yet is a little premature. He just signed that contract before last year. And for the next two years hes making 10 mil and then 12 mil...

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 08:50 AM

the Chiefs at the No. 11 pick...Well wouldn't that contradict the "mystery" part.

It has to be a team that needs a QB, but have one that is probably over paid, or underachieving. Eagles and Jets fit that description, and the Seahawks have not shown any interest in Griffin (think Shannahan and Jay Cutler), so they fit the bill in a different way.

while i say theres not a chance in hell the Jets make a move for anything other than a vet backup QB, i don't think Jets could be considered a mystery team with all the reports

i would be surprised as hell though

Warchild
03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
They mystery team would have to be a team that already has a good QB in place, so no one would think of them trading up.

However, how about this one. Cincinatti! They have two 1st round draft picks. Andy Dalton has played well, so no one would expect them to trade up, but who knows how he will play long term.

Internally the organization may want to upgrade the face of the franchise to RG3.

They could certainly at least get a #2 for Dalton (if not more)

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
They mystery team would have to be a team that already has a good QB in place, so no one would think of them trading up.

However, how about this one. Cincinatti! They have two 1st round draft picks. Andy Dalton has played well, so no one would expect them to trade up, but who knows how he will play long term.

Internally the organization may want to upgrade the face of the franchise to RG3.

They could certainly at least get a #2 for Dalton (if not more)

Andy Dalton was a rookie QB who just had a great year as a starter from day 1... hes def 1st round material for a trade

but that begs the question why would u look to replace him and why would u think he can't play long term?

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I know we're just naming every conceivable team now, but how about the Ravens? Flacco only has one more year left on his contract.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
I know we're just naming every conceivable team now, but how about the Ravens? Flacco only has one more year left on his contract.

That could make alot of sense, especially wtih the contract demands his agent was talking lol

TheEnigma
03-01-2012, 10:23 AM
It's totally us guys. He could serve as a triple threat type of player as a QB, RB, and WR all in one. Not to mention, he has Spiderman socks. We need that on this team.

Redeyejedi
03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I saw on Twitter that the Jets called the Rams. If its true the Jets are stupid. Another desperate trade up that will rob them of more depth and draft picks which is the problem anyway. Giving up on a guy after 3 years for another guy who i think has "?" marks. Honestly think Griffin is an awful fit for the Jets. There more interested in creating Buzz then winning though

bLuereverie
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Not sure that would be a value to the Rams...

DJax is gonna be franchise tagged. Not even sure u can trade somebody thats a franchise tag

You can, but Rams don't have the cap room for what DeSean is asking.

Manning2Niks
03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Since I heard of the mystery team I had a feeling it was Baltimore.

Team you wouldn't expect? How about a playoff team who just came a game from the super bowl.

Then consider the following:

Ozzie Newsome came out a few weeks ago ENDORSING THE BACKUP QB while their current starter, a former first round pick, is in contract negotiations and trying to state his case as a top 10 qb in the league.

Plus this is a team that has been known for its defense over the years in a very strong defensive division, why would they trade the farm for a qb? (*note, I feel like that's a great reason to trade for a guy like griffen, I'm just stating the case for what makes them a "surprise").

All the other non-obvious teams I feel are more of a stretch, especially if, like me, you feel that the Ravens have qb issues even WITH Flacco. As much as I hate Romo it Vick I think they're better than flacco and could actually carry their teams to victory at times (yes, I know Romo chokes a lot, but he can and has carried his team before, I don't know that flacco ever has done that).

Just my 6 cents.