PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico back with the Gmen?

netplus
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Source says both steelers and G-men could make a play for Burress. Gmen seems odd, but that's the word.

Source: Yahoo's Jason Cole

NYG4ME
02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Nahh dont see it. Dont want it either.

GameTime
02-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Source says both steelers and G-men could make a play for Burress. Gmen seems odd, but that's the word. Source: Yahoo's Jason Cole</P>

He is up for grabs..."any" team can make a play for him. </P>

GmenFan1980
02-29-2012, 10:59 PM
http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/961916/avatar/avatar.1326581708.png

Not a diss towards you sir, but right now I really don't care where Plaxico goes. If he does end up here then he better be willing to be our number 3 / red zone threat

myles2424
02-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I can't wait until FA/draft is over so I don't have to read another one of these dumb threads

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:09 PM
You have to admit, the fade in the endzone between he and Eli was a thing of beauty. Opponents knew it was coming and was still defenseless.

I would have to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he is a different person. There are things in life that humbles a person. I believe in second chances and MAYBE he deserves one.

BUT!. . . . .It goes back to what Reese said: he looks to see if that player is on the team already. Is he???????

Also, I believe that Plax had an opportunity to join the Giants this past season and passed on the opportunity!!!!!!!

netplus
02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I can't wait until FA/draft is over so I don't have to read another one of these dumb threads

If you thought it was dumb why did you click on it?

Rich4114
02-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I hadn't considered this because with Mario leaving we still have WR talent to go around. However, in a 3 WR set you can't double 3 guys. If he can be had for our previous offer then we should think about it if he's got another year or two left in him.

myles2424
02-29-2012, 11:19 PM

If you thought it was dumb why did you click on it? because that's how dumb I thought it was....I couldn't help myself.....

netplus
02-29-2012, 11:24 PM

If you thought it was dumb why did you click on it? because that's how dumb I thought it was....I couldn't help myself.....

The funny thing is you keep reading the thread after you label it dumb.

Drez
02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I hadn't considered this because with Mario leaving we still have WR talent to go around. However, in a 3 WR set you can't double 3 guys. If he can be had for our previous offer then we should think about it if he's got another year or two left in him.
</P>

You can technically double up to 4 receivers if you only rush 3. I suppose you could jack that number up to 5 if you only want to send 1, lol.</P>

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I believe Plax is still a very serviceable receiver. But I wouldn't break my neck to get him. Like I said, I believe he had a chance to rejoin the Giants but chose to go elsewhere.

NYCDBS
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Plaxico went on record saying he wants to play for the Eagles... This guy epitomises all of the virtues of a true bumb. We absolutely do not need people like him on the team...

JJC7301
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Once again, I've got no problem him coming back for the right price (what ever JR decides that is). I wouldn't guarantee him the # 3 spot, but he can battle JJ and Barden for it.

Plax wasn't bad last year for a guy who hadn't played in a few years. And he'd be better with a better O and QB, and a system that he already knows.

netplus
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Once again, I've got no problem him coming back for the right price (what ever JR decides that is). I wouldn't guarantee him the # 3 spot, but he can battle JJ and Barden for it.

Plax wasn't bad last year for a guy who hadn't played in a few years. And he'd be better with a better O and QB, and a system that he already knows.

Yep, just look at Santonio Holmes stats the last three years. 1248 yards with PIT in 2009, 746 and 654 yards the last two years with Sanchez.

miked1958
03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
What about a little vet help at the 3 spot by Hines Ward? He is about to be released by the steelers

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 12:26 AM
I won't lie, last year when we checked him out I was all for it. Little did I know what we really had in Cruz.

I still wouldn't mind Plax back as a #3, but I also couldn't care any less if he goes somewhere else.

NY_Eli
03-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Honestly, I would be shocked if the gmen didnt take a look at steve smith again.

They can sign him for dirt cheap. He knows how to play the slot. He has a rapport with Eli, and has worked with Gilbride and co. for several years.

I know there was some bad feelings sent around when he left for Philly, but as a purely business decision doesn't this make perfect sense?

miked1958
03-01-2012, 12:30 AM
I won't lie, last year when we checked him out I was all for it. Little did I know what we really had in Cruz.

I still wouldn't mind Plax back as a #3, but I also couldn't care any less if he goes somewhere else.

What's the difference in age between Hines ward and plax? I know plax is 34 going on 35. Hines has to be right up there with him

miked1958
03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Honestly, I would be shocked if the gmen didnt take a look at steve smith again.

They can sign him for dirt cheap. He knows how to play the slot. He has a rapport with Eli, and has worked with Gilbride and co. for several years.

I know there was some bad feelings sent around when he left for Philly, but as a purely business decision doesn't this make perfect sense?SS, plax Ward..... Hmmmm

GMenNY21
03-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Plax used to be one of my favorite giants players but I don't see us taking him back at all.. last season we extended our hand out to him, & he scoffed at us .. dissing Eli & TC .. He will not be back... He wants to get revenge on us by going to Philly, so let him go there

JJC7301
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM

I know there was some bad feelings sent around when he left for Philly, but as a purely business decision doesn't this make perfect sense?SS, plax Ward..... Hmmmm
They should definitely kick the wheels on SS and I had no prob with him playing in Philly -- it's business. Did we curse Canty and Rolle when they came to US from other teams?

Ward? Nah -- I'll take inexpensive ex-Giants only.

Blue daddy
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Plax is old and cant get open down field. Sorry I rather go young then old.

Blue daddy
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Plax is old and cant get open down field. Sorry I rather go young then old.

foosball
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I've said before it makes sense but not for the same reason other people think it makes sense. He's tall, he knows the offense. He'd be the third WR, except on third down he'd be outside and Cruz would be in the slot. He'd be in on red zone plays too.

giantsfan420
03-01-2012, 01:29 AM

I know there was some bad feelings sent around when he left for Philly, but as a purely business decision doesn't this make perfect sense?

agreed. ss will be a giant next season imho and based on some info i have.

but about plax, he could be comeback playe of the year here. in our system, he won't have to depend on speed to get seperation, our route trees are based on what the d does, and going to space thats open. that could help plax out and he could be DOMINANT out of the slot.

can u imagine 1v1 with plax vs a nickel corner/safety/lb??????

opposing defenses would be ****ed. and i cant stress it enough how perfect he could be in this system as the #3. i imagine he'd still go out wide and cruz would move inside, but we'd have 3 wr's who could play every wr spot, but out of the slot, plax doesnt need to outrun the db or out agility him, all he has to do is beat the press (which he is lethal) and then run his route away from the defensive coverage.

plus, even if he is covered, eli can throw him open.

my list of who i'd like to be our #3 wr next season:

SS12
MM
Plax

each one would continue our wr corp dominance, but i cant lie, i'd love to see KG use plax as a slot wr some and just let eli turn it loose....

i started a thread last week or two weeks ago about how i couldnt think of any reason why plax couldnt be a giant next season and i still cant. ill never forgive him for the gun incident, but he could start to pay us back by being a good, selfless teammate who can still dominate, and with our offense and wr's ahead of him, i could see him being a force.

teams couldnt focus squarely on him like they did before the gun incident when he was the #1, as the #3 plax would have the advantage against any defensive player out of the slot with eli throwing him the ball. plus, he's still top 5 in the redzone as a target

Toadofsteel
03-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I don't want to see plax back. It has nothing to do with the gun incident; he came back and decided to leave even with a renewal offer on the table. But he didn't want it. He wanted to sign with a team that had been to the AFCCG twice in the past 2 years.

I don't see him wanting to be a #3 receiver either...

giantsfan420
03-01-2012, 01:55 AM
m.colston could be PERFECT for us, he's more of a slot wr now.

probowl talent for cheap. i'd LOVE to get him, gives us a combo of plax and mm

GMENAGAIN
03-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Source says both steelers and G-men could make a play for Burress. Gmen seems odd, but that's the word. Source: Yahoo's Jason Cole</P>

Jason Cole just flat-out makes things up.</P>

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-01-2012, 07:21 AM
he pulled a tiki barber, talking **** about coughlin, then crying because eli didn't visit him in prison. lol eli isn't your boy, why the hell would he?

the he has the audacity to get on the jets ignoramus bandwagon and claim they'd be us int the regular season.

he did nothing for the jets and he obviously lost a step, screw him. why would the steelers go for him and let ward go? so stupid

Joe Morrison
03-01-2012, 07:26 AM
m.colston could be PERFECT for us, he's more of a slot wr now. probowl talent for cheap. i'd LOVE to get him, gives us a combo of plax and mm</P>

Don't have the money for Mario, where they getting it for Colston?</P>

buddy33
03-01-2012, 08:15 AM
How would Colston be cheap? If he isn't back with the Saints it's because he because they didn't offer him enough. If he is going to be cheap why would be leave the Saints?

buddy33
03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I trust Reese and his draft picks. I also like his FA signings.

Am I the only one who doesn't want all the ex Giants players back? There have been threads on Shockey, SS, and Burress. I think there was even one about Boss. Finally the Barber threads have stopped.

burier
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
youd have to get Eli to sign off on it which is doubtful.

IF we lose manningham it makes sense because of the deep play ability but dont really see it happening.

buddy33
03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I thought either TC or Reese said something about how they expect JJ to contribute. Only they know what they saw from him and they may be just fine with him. Toomer had 1 catch his rookie year. Manningham did almost nothing his rookie year.

Also, this draft is loaded with WR's.

dezzzR
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I guess I am the only one excited to see what JJ can bring to the table. How many fades/corner routes to the endzone did Nicks have this year? Plenty. This team does not need Plax.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I guess I am the only one excited to see what JJ can bring to the table.
Nope, he was the pick I was most excited about last year. I want to see what he's got.

nygsb42champs
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Do not want him back here.

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I guess I am the only one excited to see what JJ can bring to the table. How many fades/corner routes to the endzone did Nicks have this year? Plenty. This team does not need Plax.

You're definitely not the only one. I really hope he ends up getting the #3 WR spot. His speed is something we can really use on offense.

hungrrrry
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I am not crazy about bringing Plaxico here and here is the cut n dry version:</P>

1.....Jernigan and Barden need an opportunity to step up, in games.</P>

2.....One of these guys will need to be cut if Plax is brought in...with Hixon coming back as well</P>

3.....Would prefer any cap space that we can gain be used on a position of need and even with Mario gone, we are not weak at receiver. Bad Money!</P>

4.....Last and certainly not least...the potential for Plax rubbing off in a negative way on some of our younger guys makes me very skeptical of this idea.</P>

5....I would root him on if we did bring him in, but for me, the red flags are a wavin'</P>

Roosevelt
03-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think it's a good idea, but we would be tough to stop with him.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think it's a good idea, but we would be tough to stop with him.
</P>

I dont think the chemistry would be there or the desire as well. Eli is all business but my guess is he would not dig him being here. Dont think Burress can handle the "Giant Way" either. He has shown he cannot already.</P>

</P>

</P>

greenca190
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Jesus Christ.

This team is ****ing awesome at developing wide receivers. Have none of us noticed that over the last five years?

Screw free agency. Go through the draft and look for the next guy to step up to already be on our team.

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Plaxico went on record saying he wants to play for the Eagles... This guy epitomises all of the virtues of a true bumb. We absolutely do not need people like him on the team...Maybe he and Vick are good friends so he wants to go to the Eagles because of it. Also don't forget that the Vick can move around in the pocket to buy more time so that can help Burress out more. Burress makes mistakes but he is football smart.

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Jesus Christ.

This team is ****ing awesome at developing wide receivers. Have none of us noticed that over the last five years?

Screw free agency. Go through the draft and look for the next guy to step up to already be on our team.We may have to go that way.

netplus
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Eli fares better with taller receivers (thats why they drafted Barden), so I have my doubts about 5'8" Jernigan filling the void if Manningham leaves. Cruz, Manningham, and Nicks are 6' 0" or 6'1", Burress is 6'5", and Barden 6'6".

KillaRich
03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
honestly even though he was a fudging traitor.....if giants have to take back an ex giant it should be smith