PDA

View Full Version : Eli let go of some of those $$$

appodictic
02-29-2012, 11:55 PM
I know that now people say "Eli won us two super bowls" , and "Eli is elite" and without a doubt Eli had an awesome season. But really the first super bowl was won in large part by Brandon Jacobs being an absolute beast and defence of course.

Eli manning has plenty of ways to make money, Toyota commercials, citizen echo drive commercials , etc, etc. Eli manning earned his money this year there is no doubt about it, but I think he should take a pay cut. He also earned his respect across the league.

There was many years when the giants run game and defence carried him. But now guys like Osi, Jacobs, Ross, Manningham, cruz need money. I think Eli should let go of a little $ to bring help bring those guys back.

Seems kinda unfair to me that when Eli was throwing wobblers, Jacobs was pounding everyone to dust to get guys into the box. But now that the shoe is on the other foot Eli is hoarding all the $.

A couple million could probably keep Ross in NY. What is that like three Toyota commercials Eli? You got two cars as super bowl MVP. Share the wealth.

giantsfan420
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
i could understand wanting eli to redo his contract to free up money for other guys, but ur reasoning is absolutely moronic.

not even going to try and explain it to you...but pretty much, moronic describes this post perfectly

appodictic
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
i could understand wanting eli to redo his contract to free up money for other guys, but ur reasoning is absolutely moronic.

not even going to try and explain it to you...but pretty much, moronic describes this post perfectly

Its not moronic its a fact even Strahan says it all the time "When Eli used to throw the ball I would hold my breath"

appodictic
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/advantage-eli-mvp-s-marketability-rises-1.3518314

According to Sports Illustrated (http://www.newsday.com/topics/Sports_Illustrated)'s survey of the highest-paid American athletes, Manning ranked third in 2011 endorsement income among active NFL (http://www.newsday.com/topics/National_Football_League) players at $7 million, behind only his older brother Peyton ($15 million) and Tom Brady (http://www.newsday.com/topics/Tom_Brady) ($10 million). Eli's football salary for 2011 was $8.5 million.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 12:05 AM
I know that now people say "Eli won us two super bowls" , and "Eli is elite" and without a doubt Eli had an awesome season. But really the first super bowl was won in large part by Brandon Jacobs being an absolute beast and defence of course.

Eli manning has plenty of ways to make money, Toyota commercials, citizen echo drive commercials , etc, etc. Eli manning earned his money this year there is no doubt about it, but I think he should take a pay cut. He also earned his respect across the league.

There was many years when the giants run game and defence carried him. But now guys like Osi, Jacobs, Ross, Manningham, cruz need money. I think Eli should let go of a little $ to bring help bring those guys back.

Seems kinda unfair to me that when Eli was throwing wobblers, Jacobs was pounding everyone to dust to get guys into the box. But now that the shoe is on the other foot Eli is hoarding all the $.

A couple million could probably keep Ross in NY. What is that like three Toyota commercials Eli? You got two cars as super bowl MVP. Share the wealth.
</P>

your idea is ok but your explaination or reasoning is a bit nutty.......</P>

Instead you could say<FONT color=#000080>:......." Eli, as the leader of this team,could bewilling to restructure if he had to keep some of the core players on the Giants. As a vital part of a team he lead to 2 super bowls whileearning 2 MVPs along the way."</FONT></P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Jacobs only had 42 yards in the first super bowl Ahmad had more then him.

and lol @ Eli apparently being greedy

appodictic
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Jacobs only had 42 yards in the first super bowl Ahmad had more then him.

and lol @ Eli apparently being greedy

I never said greedy. I am just saying that Eli did get carried for a while in many ways. It is not like he came into the league firing on all cylinders. He had a super solid running game to cover for him. And now the first year that the running game was not good.....none of our RB's deserve any money.

foosball
03-01-2012, 12:14 AM
He is the only untouchable member of the team. If he wants too he can, otherwise it's gotta be other players who are actually heavily over paid.

slipknottin
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Tell him to take a paycut or what?

Giants have absolutely no barganing chip at all.

You dont ask the QB who just won the SB to take a pay cut.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 12:26 AM

</P>

I'm sorry bro, but asking a 2 time SB MVP who is still young and healthy and coming off a SB win to take a "paycut" is laughable.</P>

Eli may "volunteer" a restructure but NOBODY is going to ask him to "share the wealth".</P>

Giants10EM
03-01-2012, 01:01 AM
You must be one of those occupy wall street types...

JJC7301
03-01-2012, 01:02 AM

</P>

Instead you could say<FONT color=#000080>:......." Eli, as the leader of this team,*could be*willing to restructure if he had to keep some of the core players on the Giants. As a vital part of a team he lead to 2 super bowls while*earning 2 MVPs along the way."</FONT></P>

*</P>
But what does "restructure" mean? That he would make $10mil this year, and $30mil next year?

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 01:19 AM

Its not moronic its a fact even Strahan says it all the time "When Eli used to throw the ball I would hold my breath"

That's extremely irrelevant at this point. Eli is playing Much better than when Strahan was here.

I think if he took a pay cut that would be terrific but he's the last person that "should" take a pay cut.

miked1958
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM

Sorry. I have to agree with him. What's more important, a few more millions u won't miss anyway or helping keep some guys that can poss help u not have to rebuild and maybe win another title

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Its not moronic

Yeah it is. Either you're trolling or you have no idea how the league works; I hope it's the former.

slipknottin
03-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Sorry. I have to agree with him. What's more important, a few more millions u won't miss anyway or helping keep some guys that can poss help u not have to rebuild and maybe win another title

a few million.

Honestly, how many of you would give up thousands of dollars if it made your company better?

wrek537emc
03-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Eli is prob one of the hardest workers n leaders of this team... he deserves every cent that he earns... n is worth every penny.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 02:16 AM
So the general feeling on these boards is that if you're bad at your job, take a pay cut, and if you're good at your job, take a pay cut.
The players aren't responsible for the stupid holes the front office gets itself into.

giantsfan420
03-01-2012, 02:18 AM
i wouldnt be surprised at all to learn that eli took a pay cut or did something to help the giants with the cap. eli is never about being the center of attention, he could have done so already and just not said a word about it which is his style.

eli will help the team in whatever way he can, if he knows that taking a small paycut helps the team keep a couple of key members and keeps the players that helped him succeed intact, he'll do it.

and miked, i dont necessarily disagree with the OP saying eli could help the team by restructuring, i just find his reasons to do so very moronic. he wasnt paid a huge salary when strahan was here and "held his breath" whenever eli threw it, and for all his "wobbler" eli still was breaking records and doing things only a small group of qbs has ever done. eli has been the face of the franchise and the reason for our success since his first year starting.

and no need to apologize. u and the op were the only two who havent said how moronic the reasons the OP gave for eli to take a paycut are

gumby742
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
restructuring a contract doesn't mean you have to take a pay cut. In fact, it could mean you get more guaranteed. I think that's how Syder did it withe Redskins. They guy has so much cash lying around that he can just buy out contracts.</P>

Asking Eli to restructure isn't some knock on him either. Sheesh.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM

he let go of some money last year, won a superbowl, and you repay him by asking him to take less again?

thats pretty realistic

GameTime
03-01-2012, 10:23 AM

</P>

Instead you could say<FONT color=#000080>:......." Eli, as the leader of this team,could bewilling to restructure if he had to keep some of the core players on the Giants. As a vital part of a team he lead to 2 super bowls whileearning 2 MVPs along the way."</FONT></P>

</P>

But what does "restructure" mean? That he would make $10mil this year, and $30mil next year?</P>

My point of writing what I did (the italisized part)was to express to the OP that he could have gotten his idea across in a way that didn't sound like Eli "owes" this to the team to give back money becasue he wasn't the QB in SB 42 that he is now.</P>

giantman8493
03-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Tell him to take a paycut or what?

Giants have absolutely no barganing chip at all.

You dont ask the QB who just won the SB to take a pay cut.Unless your Trent Dilfer...

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 10:48 AM
We should just be thankful that the Giants aren't in a $22 million hole like the Raiders. I imagine their boards are in full-on panic mode.

barran21
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol...

GTFO with this ****

burier
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Troll thursday?

appodictic
03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Troll thursday? It is not trolling. The giants are NOT invincible. If we lose Ross, manningham, TT does not recover, hixon does not recover, ballard does not recover, osi puts the screws to us again, and we lose jacobs we lost ALOT of talent.

We might get lucky and find nice replacements for a couple of these positions like we did last year. But what are the odds of finding replacements that are as good or better then all the people mentioned? We are not going to have a JPP and cruz just pop up every year.

After we won our last superbowl we lost shockey, toomer, tyree, strahan, (alford got hurt), and later plax, couple of guys on D. And it took us 4 years to rebuild.

If we lose all these guys on the block it is pretty scary for our repeat chances. At best it is a roll of the dice.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Troll thursday? It is not trolling. The giants are NOT invincible. If we lose Ross, manningham, TT does not recover, hixon does not recover, ballard does not recover, osi puts the screws to us again, and we lose jacobs we lost ALOT of talent.

We might get lucky and find nice replacements for a couple of these positions like we did last year. But what are the odds of finding replacements that are as good or better then all the people mentioned? We are not going to have a JPP and cruz just pop up every year.

After we won our last superbowl we lost shockey, toomer, tyree, strahan, (alford got hurt), and later plax, couple of guys on D. And it took us 4 years to rebuild.

If we lose all these guys on the block it is pretty scary for our repeat chances. At best it is a roll of the dice.
</P>

At best it's a roll of the dice for ANY NFL team. EVERY team loses players every year and Reese has been very good to great at replacing them. Why panic now?</P>

If someone from the Giants organization had the stones to outright ask Eli to take a "paycut"......I would hope that Eli laughed in his face. Like I said.....no one is going to do that. No one.</P>

</P>

jhamburg
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM

Just because all that matters to you in Eli's life in winning the super bowl doesn't mean that all that matters to Eli in Eli's life is winning the super bowl.

giantman8493
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM

</P>

At best it's a roll of the dice for ANY NFL team.* EVERY team loses players every year and Reese has been very good to great at replacing them.* Why panic now?</P>

If someone from the Giants organization had the stones to outright ask Eli to take a "paycut"......I would hope that Eli laughed in his face.* Like I said.....no one is going to do that.* No one.</P>

*</P>...and troll thursday continues.listen eli is NOT taking a paycut for you.

BlueBlitzer
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Ifs and Buts, Cherries and Nuts. We proved we could win a SB without Shockey, Kiwi, and Ward. We have now won a SB without Strahan, Toomer, Plaxico, and AP. The only person we could not even hope to win a SB with-out is Eli. ( You know, the QB that eclipsed Johnnie U., and brother Peyton with 15 TDs in the 4th QTer. A two time MVPSB Champion. Who never misses a game, puts the whole team on His back when He's missing WRs, RBs, and O-Linemen and still gets it done ) Thats the guy that should take a paycut ? Ideas are not always good, some are bad.

burier
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM

The trolling has to do with your reasoning for a paycut.

Also some of the talent that we may lose has been romantisized by us fans.

T2 has somehow become a shutdown corner when he was NEVER anything close to that. Only got on the field because Ross was so damn injury prone in the first place. Basically was good in run support but he's remembered as a poor mans Revis. He'll be even worse off the injury AND we won a SB without him. If he goes he won't be missed.

Manningham would be unfortunate but there's very little they could do with Eli's contract to really effect that situation.

Ross probably performed himself out of a Job. Nothing to do with Eli.

Who the hell is Hixon??? A KICK RETURNER! A guy coming off multiple catastrophic injuries. Seriously??? These guys aren't going to be able to help the team anyway.

All signs point to Jacobs returning and again it doesn't have to do with Eli's contract unless you're suggesting that Eli play the 2012 season for free.

appodictic
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM

Ifs and Buts, Cherries and Nuts. We proved we could win a SB without Shockey, Kiwi, and Ward. We have now won a SB without Strahan, Toomer, Plaxico, and AP. The only person we could not even hope to win a SB with-out is Eli. ( You know, the QB that eclipsed Johnnie U., and brother Peyton with 15 TDs in the 4th QTer. A two time MVPSB Champion. Who never misses a game, puts the whole team on His back when He's missing WRs, RBs, and O-Linemen and still gets it done ) Thats the guy that should take a paycut ? Ideas are not always good, some are bad.

We did not prove we could win without them. We proved they could be replaced, because they left we lost. If you lose the people it might be another 4 years before we find similar talent.

Having a third very talented WR allowed us to move down the field even as Nicks and Cruz got double coverage. Are you 100% sure Jerrigan or Barden is going to make those catches?

If we lose bradshaw again for a few games are you sure andre brown can step in and shoulder the load?

If TT does not come back do you think amukamara can fill in for Ross?

I think those are a lot of ifs. I think I would rather see talent stay. If Eli restructures from 7mil to 5 mill. and we can throw 2 million to jacobs I think that is good. jacobs is not done yet. I think he can still run for 1000 yards.

ShockeyShow
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Wait wait wait......you want Eli to take a paycut for....ROSS?????!

What is your logic behind this?

FBomb
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM

</P>

At best it's a roll of the dice for ANY NFL team. EVERY team loses players every year and Reese has been very good to great at replacing them. Why panic now?</P>

If someone from the Giants organization had the stones to outright ask Eli to take a "paycut"......I would hope that Eli laughed in his face. Like I said.....no one is going to do that. No one.</P>

</P>

...and troll thursday continues.listen eli is NOT taking a paycut for you.</P>

wtf?</P>

bflo23
03-01-2012, 01:10 PM
A troll laid out some anti-Eli bait and look how many people replied.

Ignore the troll.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM

We did not prove we could win without them. We proved they could be replaced, because they left we lost. If you lose the people it might be another 4 years before we find similar talent.

Having a third very talented WR allowed us to move down the field even as Nicks and Cruz got double coverage. Are you 100% sure Jerrigan or Barden is going to make those catches?

If we lose bradshaw again for a few games are you sure andre brown can step in and shoulder the load?

I think those are a lot of ifs. I think I would rather see talent stay. If Eli restructures from 7mil to 5 mill. and we can throw 2 million to jacobs I think that is good. jacobs is not done yet. I think he can still run for 1000 yards.

</P>

How can you be 100% sure of anything???? How many posters on this board thought...." We lost Smith and Boss, so what?.....We got them covered already"??? NONE ....that's how many. But Reese knew.</P>

Your premature questioning of the front office is no different than any other offseason inane diatribe.....other than it a little too soon after winning a SB.</P>

Eli "restructuring" is a lot differnt than a "paycut" like your first post says. But again, it will be up to Eli......no one will or should ask him.</P>

FBomb
03-01-2012, 01:15 PM
As far as BJ goes....I agree. The man sacrificed HIS money to help get Bradshaw back and he deserves to get his roster bonus.......but we will do what we have to to get under the cap.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PqJk4.jpg

This is going to be a long off-season.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM

</P>

Why do you keep saying that it took us 4 years to "rebuild" after losing those players? Just b/c it took 4 years to win another SB doesn't mean the team was rebuilding in any of those years. And immediately after losing all those players after 2007, we went 12-4, so it's not like the team was in total disarray afterwards. You logic and "facts" are off. </P>

Exploring Eli restructuring his contract (i.e. trasferring some of his salary into bonus $) is not a bad idea, asking him to take a pay cut is just ludicrous. What they could also look at is extending Eli another couple of years since he's already going into the 5th year of his deal. That would provide some immediate cap help. </P>

</P>

NJAquaman
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
really ? spread the wealth ? come on man...

since55
03-01-2012, 02:16 PM

Look. I would love a repeat, three peat etc. But I have been a Giant fan since 1955. If I could be assured the worst I would ever have to look forward to would be four more years and then another super bowl.......I would take it in a heartbeat. Sheeesh. Some of you all have been spoiled rotten by Eli and now you think he should sacrifice for YOU? Give me a break.

appodictic
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Right who would do that? All you really need is one over payed QB.

Look at the colts. They are a model example of how a team should be run. Give tons of money to a guy who already makes tons of outside money, and then when he gets hurt have nothing but a team of scrubs. Go 1-15 or whatever their record was.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, you have to be trolling. Eli is not overpaid, and the Colts' situation is a result of years of poor team management.

Harooni
03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
It won't happen. He is a two time sb champ. And daddy M will not allow it anyways.
Would be nice if Eli volunteers to keep an all star cast around him. Like Brady did a few years ago.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
It won't happen. He is a two time sb champ. And daddy M will not allow it anyways. Would be nice if Eli volunteers to keep an all star cast around him. Like Brady did a few years ago.</P>

so you have to go all the way back when Eli was 22 years old and coming into the league with a life changing decision to not want to play for SD. What father wouldn't advise their 21 year old kid on what to do. </P>

I bet every player who has a Dad/Mom and agood family structure gets advice from their parents. Thats is such a bush league knock on Eli...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Harooni
03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
It's not a knock I just don't think Archie will allow it. And he has been earning it.

BeatYale
03-01-2012, 03:50 PM

This is comical. Jacobs playoff production was poor. Bradshaw picked up his slack. Go look at the numbers dude. There was a 4th down conversion against the Patriots where Jacobs finally got us a tough yard...to me that was his most significant play of the post season, it kept the drive alive and we ultimately won the game. It must have been the defense scoring 2 touchdowns for us in the 4th quarter. Silly me, I thought it was our offense!

Quarterbacks get most of the blame during a loss, so I have no problems with them getting a lot of the credit for a win. It's the nature of the NFL because it is the most difficult position for teams to fill. Most of the teams in the league are looking for an answer at QB every year, they want a franchise QB and only a select few have them.

RB is one of the easier positions to fill. In case you haven't noticed over the past 10 years, the teams with the top rushers rarely win the super bowl or even make the playoffs!

It's not like Jacobs was pounding DLinemen all season long to get that 5.0+ average, he had numerous runs where he went virtually untouched into the second level - you can thank the OLine for that. Even then he would get run down by DB's. Ward or Bradshaw would have taken those plays to the house for 6. If Jacobs had the running style of a Jerome Bettis, he'd have a lot more value to the team. However, he tries to run like Barry Sanders...so he's more of a joke to spectators now.

Long story short = You're an idiot.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Right who would do that? All you really need is one over payed QB.

Look at the colts. They are a model example of how a team should be run. Give tons of money to a guy who already makes tons of outside money, and then when he gets hurt have nothing but a team of scrubs. Go 1-15 or whatever their record was.
</P>

troll</P>

chasjay
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
It won't happen. He is a two time sb champ. And daddy M will not allow it anyways.
Would be nice if Eli volunteers to keep an all star cast around him. Like Brady did a few years ago.

to be clear on Brady

EXCERPT: ďNo one need pass the collection basket for New England quarterback <font color="#000000">Tom Brady</font> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5228),
who in the wee hours of Sunday morning agreed to restructure his
contract to help Patriots management carve out the salary-cap room
necessary to absorb the initial $9.75 million charge for wide receiver <font color="#000000">Randy Moss</font> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4262).
It was, of course, a selfless gesture by one of the NFLís classiest
performers. But while Brady was universally lauded, and justifiably so,
people should know this: The reworking of the contract didnít cost Brady
anything at the pay window. He still will earn the $6 million that is
due him in 2007. Not a penny less. </p>

The money will just be distributed differently, thatís all. Instead
of having a base salary of $6 million for this year, Brady received a
signing bonus of $5.28 million and had his base salary reduced to
$720,000. Do the math, and unless your calculator is defective, that
still adds up to $6 million. Fact is, the maneuver actually netted Brady
an additional $2.7 million over the course of his current contract,
because as a part of the restructuring, the Patriots raised his
scheduled base salary for the 2009 season from $2.3 million to $5.0
million. New England officials didnít alter his base salaries for 2008
($5 million) or 2010 ($3.5 million). And Brady is still set to receive
roster bonuses of $3 million each for 2008 through 2010Ö(continued)Ē </p>

Harooni
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM

to be clear on Brady

EXCERPT: ďNo one need pass the collection basket for New England quarterback <font color="#000000">Tom Brady</font> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5228),
necessary to absorb the initial $9.75 million charge for wide receiver <font color="#000000">Randy Moss</font> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4262).

this is true but still very low for a 3 ring qb.

idiotekniQues
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
i see nothing wrong with asking the highest paid players to spread the wealth - as long as the team is using every cent of the salary cap in a wise manner, because then it is going to the right cause. and this has nothing to do with performance.

this is akin to asking a great performing VP at a company to take a little hit so you can keep certain other people and keep a well-performing team together. that would be honorable.

the nfl teams make plenty of money so this is not about taking a cut so they get to make more money, it is about taking a cut for your team. how is that not an honorable option?

forget how wealthy the nfl owners are, if you are making tens of millions of dollars a year for a decade with endorsements, nobody is asking you to destroy your quality of life, but maybe make 14 million in a year instead of 18.

nothing wrong with that.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 04:49 PM

to be clear on Brady

EXCERPT: ďNo one need pass the collection basket for New England quarterback...
This was before Brady signed his 4 years/$72 mil extension in 2011. The two contracts aren't comparable.

chasjay
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM

to be clear on Brady

this is true but still very low for a 3 ring qb.

I wasn't knocking Brady - just pointing out that the help he gave with the Pats' cap room issue did not come out of his pocket. If Eli can help the Giants by painlessly restructuring his deal, I certainly hope he will do so - and expect that he would.

pino
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Why do people, even some Giants fans, continue to belittle Eli by implying he had little impact in SB XLII?

So his two touchdown drives and throws in the second half had nothing to do with it? Being absolutely clutch as can be made little difference? It was ALL defense, huh? That must have been Antonio Pierce that refused to go down and took a shot at David Tyree.

pino
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Why do people, even some Giants fans, continue to belittle Eli by implying he had little impact in SB XLII?

So his two touchdown drives and throws in the second half had nothing to do with it? Being absolutely clutch as can be made little difference? It was ALL defense, huh? That must have been Antonio Pierce that refused to go down and took a shot at David Tyree.

giantman8493
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM

</P>

At best it's a roll of the dice for ANY NFL team.* EVERY team loses players every year and Reese has been very good to great at replacing them.* Why panic now?</P>

If someone from the Giants organization had the stones to outright ask Eli to take a "paycut"......I would hope that Eli laughed in his face.* Like I said.....no one is going to do that.* No one.</P>

*</P>

wtf?</P>Stop your nonsense!
no one is paying attention to this eli hate anymore.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 06:46 PM

</P>

</P>

wtf?</P>

Stop your nonsense! no one is paying attention to this eli hate anymore.</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to? It's pretty obvious that I am defending Eli in my posts.....Are you having comprehension problems or just not bothering to read before you react?</P>

giantman8493
03-01-2012, 06:57 PM

</P>

*</P>

wtf?</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to?* It's pretty obvious that I am defending Eli in my posts.....Are you having comprehension problems or just not bothering to read before you react?</P> Maybe I quoted the wrong person. Calm the **** down tough guy.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 07:58 PM
It's not a knock I just don't think Archie will allow it. And he has been earning it.</P>

coming from you...of course its a knock....</P>

but thats fine.......you never liked the deal and you never will. Too bad for you the Giants have two rings with Eli and hi 100 mil contract. You would have liked it so much better if they won it witha budget QB....oh well.</P>

Firenugget
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
There's other guys I'd want to take a paycut before Eli...

jjj45
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Ignore the troll.
It's funny cause a year ago, most people here would agree with the OP.

GmenFan1980
03-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Ignore the troll.

A year ago Eli restructured his contract aswell :P

FBomb
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfwgtNt8bzktvHPAhlNjEIA2m8SCu78 7jPwexDejBZvb8zFNl1tg</P>

Voldamort
03-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Why his brother made 28 million and didn't even dress? He has 2 rings?

jjj45
03-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Ignore the troll.

A year ago Eli restructured his contract aswell :PI mean insinuating that Eli is overpaid. XD :D =)

NYG 5
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM

a few million.

Honestly, how many of you would give up thousands of dollars if it made your company better?

theres a difference between being an employee who makes 50 grand, and the top executive making 8 million.

take 10% off one salary, its 40,000 dollars
take 10% of the other one, 7,000,000 dollars

Harooni
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
at the very least match Cruz's salary so he doesnt hold out. when you look at cruz's numbers you see where the difference in play was this season between rec's. big step up from Smith.

Drez
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
at the very least match Cruz's salary so he doesnt hold out. when you look at cruz's numbers you see where the difference in play was this season between rec's. big step up from Smith.
</P>

Cruz won't get an extention until after the season starts. Two reasons for this... 1) If I'm the front office, I want to be certain that he wasn't a one hit wonder (I don't think nor do I think the FO thinks he is, but it'd pay to be certain). 2) Most importantly, after the first month or so (can't remember the exact date) any additional money he signs for will be applied to next season, not this season. </P>

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Cruz has already said he's not looking for a new deal and laughed at the thought of holding out.

Harooni
03-01-2012, 10:59 PM
</p>

Cruz won't get an extention until after the season starts. Two reasons for this... 1) If I'm the front office, I want to be certain that he wasn't a one hit wonder (I don't think nor do I think the FO thinks he is, but it'd pay to be certain). 2) Most importantly, after the first month or so (can't remember the exact date) any additional money he signs for will be applied to next season, not this season. </p>
you may be right, however if the giants wait too long his price will raise. imgine he puts up huge numbers next season, he might want to test FA.

Jobarulz
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Offer him a paycut but add a couple years on his deal, maybe that can be worked out.

jhamburg
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM

a few million.

theres a difference between being an employee who makes 50 grand, and the top executive making 8 million.

take 10% off one salary, its 40,000 dollars
take 10% of the other one,* 7,000,000 dollars

99.99999% of people will not willingly give up salary for the sake of their company, no matter how much they make. It is so ridiculously against human nature.

The only exceptions I can even think of is someone like Bloomberg who is a billionaire giving up a couple hundred thousand dollar salary.

And even then, he's only doing it to save face.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 11:26 PM

</P>

</P>

wtf?</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to? It's pretty obvious that I am defending Eli in my posts.....Are you having comprehension problems or just not bothering to read before you react?</P>

Maybe I quoted the wrong person. Calm the **** down tough guy.</P>

You quoted the wrong person twice? </P>

Are you always this defensive when someone points out your misconceptions?</P>

miked1958
03-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Eli is prob one of the hardest workers n leaders of this team... he deserves every cent that he earns... n is worth every penny. miked1958:

[a few million.

Honestly, how many of you would give up thousands of dollars if it made your company better?]

It not comparing apples to apples. Average people couldn't give up thousands of dollars in this economy when most are just trying to make ends meet each month and provide for their Famlies.

You can't compare that to someone making almost 16million a year. You could lose a few million under your bed for a couple months and not even notice.... average people need mostly ever penny they earn. So the bottom line is he could redo his deal and save a few key players from having to leave and not even notice any difference in his life style. Him his kids their kids and whoever else will still be able to live very comfortable lives. Why not keep some deserving players in the fold and go for another Title.

miked1958
03-02-2012, 12:34 AM

a few million.

Honestly, how many of you would give up thousands of dollars if it made your company better?The post above was meant to be put with this quote.. Not the one I used by mistake

Drez
03-02-2012, 12:48 AM
</P>

Cruz won't get an extention until after the season starts. Two reasons for this... 1) If I'm the front office, I want to be certain that he wasn't a one hit wonder (I don't think nor do I think the FO thinks he is, but it'd pay to be certain). 2) Most importantly, after the first month or so (can't remember the exact date) any additional money he signs for will be applied to next season, not this season. </P>

you may be right, however if the giants wait too long his price will raise. imgine he puts up huge numbers next season, he might want to test FA.
</P>

It won't rise too high. Or at lease no higher than if we offered him a $3m/yr contract now and then he plays at a super high level again and holds out because then he wants $7m/yr. You extend him half way through the 2012 season and you split the difference and everyone is happy.</P>

jhamburg
03-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Eli is prob one of the hardest workers n leaders of this team... he deserves every cent that he earns... n is worth every penny. miked1958:

[a few million.

Honestly, how many of you would give up thousands of dollars if it made your company better?]

It not comparing apples to apples. Average people couldn't give up thousands of dollars in this economy when most are just trying to make ends meet each month and provide for their Famlies.

You can't compare that to someone making almost 16million a year. You could lose a few million under your bed for a couple months and not even notice.... average people need mostly ever penny they earn. So the bottom line is he could redo his deal and save a few key players from having to leave and not even notice any difference in his life style. Him his kids their kids and whoever else will still be able to live very comfortable lives. Why not keep some deserving players in the fold and go for another Title.

This is the type of thing that people only say when they're talking about other people's money.

1. It's the front office's job to keep us under the salary cap, not Eli's

2. ordinary people like you and I hear $XX million dollars and think "an unlimited amount of money". It isn't. Just ask all the lottery winners who ended up broke. Unless you are literally a billionaire, you don't have enough money to guarantee never running out of it.

3. Even if I had more money than I thought I needed, giving it back to my employer would be dead last in the ways I would use it. I would save it, invest in a business, or at least give it to charity if nothing else.

4. This would really be cheating in a sense. The salary cap is in place so teams have a level playing field.

giantman8493
03-02-2012, 01:16 AM

</P>

*</P>

wtf?</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to?* It's pretty obvious that I am defending Eli in my posts.....Are you having comprehension problems or just not bothering to read before you react?</P>

You quoted the wrong person twice?* </P>

Are you always this defensive when someone points out your misconceptions?</P> No i misquoted you once, then you said "wtf?" so i elaborated on what my opinion, then you started claiming that I didnt read anything or that im stupid. Its easy being tough on the internet huh?

SweetZombieJesus
03-02-2012, 05:35 AM

Well then maybe Eli should give back some money he made 4 years ago. Was Strahan holding his breath this year?

8 of this team's 13 wins were 4th quarter comebacks including the Super Bowl. Eli had the team squarely on his back for many games this season. If there's ONE person on this team who deserves his big fat paycheck, it's Eli.

SweetZombieJesus
03-02-2012, 05:37 AM

Some people in regular jobs agree to pay freezes or cuts to prevent layoffs, but do you ever feel good about it?

FBomb
03-02-2012, 11:29 AM

</P>

</P>

wtf?</P>

No i misquoted you once, then you said "wtf?" so i elaborated on what my opinion, then you started claiming that I didnt read anything or that im stupid. Its easy being tough on the internet huh?</P>

umm.....you responded to my "wtf" post as if I was the one telling Eli he should take a paycut..That's number 2...otherwise you would haveresponded with "sorry, quoted the wrong posts".....</P>

Since you didn't I can only assume that you had no idea what was being said, and you either didn't bother reading or not very bright.</P>

If you think I'mbeing a tough guy by trying to correctyou, then so be it. Try being a little smarter when you quote posts and these misconceptions won't happen. </P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
</p>

Cruz won't get an extention until after the season starts. Two reasons for this... 1) If I'm the front office, I want to be certain that he wasn't a one hit wonder (I don't think nor do I think the FO thinks he is, but it'd pay to be certain). 2) Most importantly, after the first month or so (can't remember the exact date) any additional money he signs for will be applied to next season, not this season. </p>

</p>

It won't rise too high. Or at lease no higher than if we offered him a $3m/yr contract now and then he plays at a super high level again and holds out because then he wants $7m/yr. You extend him half way through the 2012 season and you split the difference and everyone is happy.</p>

hes going to warrant a contract alot closer to a 7 mil a year than 3 mil a year.

You have to do it before the season ends next year because it should help get him a bit cheaper. And you can bet that when Nicks is a FA the Cruz contract will be a bench mark as to what he'll ask for

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
keep an eye on the Laurent Robinson contract this offseason... it will be a example of what the bare minimum Cruz will cost. I would add a mil a year to whatever Robinson gets.

burier
03-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Cruz has already said he's not looking for a new deal and laughed at the thought of holding out.

Funny I definately heard him say he wanted a new deal.

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 11:54 AM

he was half right.

Cruz said he wants a new deal because he feels he outperformed his deal already but said he would not hold out

FBomb
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Cruz has already said he's not looking for a new deal and laughed at the thought of holding out. Funny I definately heard him say he wanted a new deal.

he was half right.

Cruz said he wants a new deal because he feels he outperformed his deal already but said he would not hold out
</P>

If Cruz plays the way he did last year under the same contract the Giants will have difficulty hanging onto him. He's going to offered a king's ransom somewhere else.</P>

lttaylor56
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM

he was half right.

Yeah, Cruz has a new agent and is not worried at all about getting more out of his contract....and there is nothing for that kid to worry about.

lttaylor56
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Cruz has already said he's not looking for a new deal and laughed at the thought of holding out. Funny I definately heard him say he wanted a new deal.

he was half right.

</P>

If Cruz plays the way he did last year under the same contract the Giants will have difficulty hanging onto him.* He's going to offered a king's ransom somewhere else.</P>We really should hold onto him at all costs. I was reading an article on our season in review..stats/top performers per game, etc. Cruz was a big weapon, Even when he's not catching balls, he causes matchup probs.

burier
03-02-2012, 12:05 PM

he was half right.

</P>

If Cruz plays the way he did last year under the same contract the Giants will have difficulty hanging onto him.* He's going to offered a king's ransom somewhere else.</P>

Exactly... and that's not how you do business.

Guns and butter.

Not giving Cruz a contract now would be like buying a stock superlow and waiting for it to rise.....so you can not sell it but give it away o_0???

If waiting on the deal until the season starts so that it doesn't effect our current cap situation is possible then I'd assume that's what we'll do. But giving the guy a new deal is dire.

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM

he was half right.

</p>

If Cruz plays the way he did last year under the same contract the Giants will have difficulty hanging onto him. He's going to offered a king's ransom somewhere else.</p>

i agree... thats why we need to extend him ASAP imo

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 12:14 PM

he was half right.

Yeah, Cruz has a new agent and is not worried at all about getting more out of his contract....and there is nothing for that kid to worry about.

yea... we have all the worrying to do

:(

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 12:25 PM

he was half right.

</p>

If Cruz plays the way he did last year under the same contract the Giants will have difficulty hanging onto him. He's going to offered a king's ransom somewhere else.</p>We really should hold onto him at all costs. I was reading an article on our season in review..stats/top performers per game, etc. Cruz was a big weapon, Even when he's not catching balls, he causes matchup probs.

true... but he causes matchup problems because Nicks is typically dealing with double coverage...

When Nicks gets double teamed it opens Cruz up and vice versa.... the difference is that when Nicks gets double he can still put up numbers and Cruz isn't nearly as effective.

Truth is that IF it does come down to Cruz and Nicks and we can only have one - i think we have to keep Nicks...

bashful
03-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Wow!! Leave it to the idiots. restructure this!! he negogiated in good faith as did the team.

Why not just trade him - freaking idiots piss me off

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 12:27 PM

he was half right.

</p>

If Cruz plays the way he did last year under the same contract the Giants will have difficulty hanging onto him. He's going to offered a king's ransom somewhere else.</p>

Exactly... and that's not how you do business.

Guns and butter.

Not giving Cruz a contract now would be like buying a stock superlow and waiting for it to rise.....so you can not sell it but give it away o_0???

If waiting on the deal until the season starts so that it doesn't effect our current cap situation is possible then I'd assume that's what we'll do. But giving the guy a new deal is dire.

it has to be reasonable because Nicks is going to want more and Nicks is the one we have to keep

LT_was_good
03-02-2012, 12:46 PM
keep an eye on the Laurent Robinson contract this offseason... it will be a example of what the bare minimum Cruz will cost. I would add a mil a year to whatever Robinson gets.

$1 mill at least, because Robinson seems much more likely to be a one-hit wonder. He only did it for part of the season. Cruz kept performing even when teams were keying on him.

jakegibbs
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
8. Matt Ryan - 2011 Salary $12,750,000 - Base Salary $11,250,000 - Signing Bonus $0 - Other Bonuses $1,500,000 - Contract 7 years / $72,000,000 - Signing Bonus 7 years / $0 - Last Year of Contract 2013 - Age 26 - Team Atlanta Falcons

7. Eli Manning - 2011 Salary $12,940,475 - Base Salary $8,500,000 - Signing Bonus $1,857,142 - Other Bonuses $2,583,333 - Contract 7 years / $106,900,000 - Signing Bonus 7 years / $13,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2015 - Age 30 - Team New York Giants

6. Matthew Stafford - 2011 Salary $13,033,333 - Base Salary $9,000,000 - Signing Bonus $3,033,333 - Other Bonuses $1,000,000 - Contract 6 years / $72,000,000 - Signing Bonus 6 years / $18,200,000 - Last Year of Contract 2014 - Age 23 - Team Detroit Lions

5. Tom Brady - 2011 Salary $13,208,120 - Base Salary $5,750,000 - Signing Bonus $3,200,000 - Other Bonuses $4,258,120 - Contract 5 years / $78,500,000 - Signing Bonus 5 years / $16,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2014 - Age 34 - New England Patriots

4. Michael Vick - 2011 Salary $14,400,000 - Base Salary $13,000,000 - Signing Bonus $1,400,000 - Other Bonuses $0 - Contract 6 years / $100,000,000 - Signing Bonus 5 years / $7,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2016 - Age 31 - Team Philadelphia Eagles

3. Ben Roethlisberger - 2011 Salary $14,750,000 - Base Salary $11,600,000 - Signing Bonus $3,150,000 - Other Bonuses $0 - Contract 5 years / $80,000,000 - Signing Bonus 5 years / $25,200,000 - Last Year of Contract 2016 - Age 29 - Team Pittsburgh Steelers

2. Peyton Manning - 2011 Salary $16,000,000 - Base Salary $3,400,000 - Signing Bonus $4,000,000 - Other Bonuses $8,600,000 - Contract 5 years / $90,000,000 - Signing Bonus 5 years / $20,000,000 - Last Year of Contract 2016 - Age 35 - Team Indianapolis Colts

1. Mark Sanchez - 2011 Salary $17,250,000 - Base Salary $14,750,000 - Signing Bonus $0 - Other Bonuses $2,500,000 - Contract 5 years / $50,500,000 - Signing Bonus 5 years / $0 - Last Year of Contract 2013 - Age 24 - Team New York Jets

giantman8493
03-02-2012, 01:09 PM

</P>

*</P>

wtf?</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to?* It's pretty obvious that I am defending Eli in my posts.....Are you having comprehension problems or just not bothering to read before you react?</P>

No i misquoted you once, then you said "wtf?" so i elaborated on what my opinion, then you started claiming that I didnt read anything or that im stupid. Its easy being tough on the internet huh?</P>

umm.....you responded to my "wtf" post as if I was the one telling Eli he should take a paycut..That's number 2...otherwise you would have*responded with "sorry, quoted the wrong posts".....</P>

Since you didn't I can only assume that you had no idea what was being said, and you either didn't bother reading or not very bright.</P>

If you think I'm*being a tough guy by trying to correct*you, then so be it. Try being a little smarter when you quote posts and these misconceptions won't happen.* </P>

*</P> Since when is cursing me out and calling me an idiot just correcting misconceptions.
I was just saying eli should not take a pay cut,
you said wtf so i i tried to explain myself but god forbid you don't just understand what I meant.

FBomb
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM

</P>

</P>

wtf?</P>

umm.....you responded to my "wtf" post as if I was the one telling Eli he should take a paycut..That's number 2...otherwise you would haveresponded with "sorry, quoted the wrong posts".....</P>

If you think I'mbeing a tough guy by trying to correctyou, then so be it. Try being a little smarter when you quote posts and these misconceptions won't happen. </P>

</P>

Since when is cursing me out and calling me an idiot just correcting misconceptions. I was just saying eli should not take a pay cut, you said wtf so i i tried to explain myself but god forbid you don't just understand what I meant.</P>

I never cursed you out OR called you an idiot...**sigh**[:|]......here goes nothing: </P>

Just so we're clear.....when you quote someone's post it is considered a direct response to that post by that person.......</P>

I said "wtf" to you when you quoted my post as it made no sense. This would have been the perfect spot to say "sorry, quoted the wrong post", as it would have stopped the entire conversation right there. INSTEAD, you quoted me again and said "Stop your nonsense! no one is paying attention to this eli hate anymore"ANY other intelligent poster on this board would come to the assumption that you didn't bother reading before you responded or didn't really grasp the the conversation and I stated as such. You, being sensitive, started calling me an internet tough guy.</P>

I hope that helps you see exactly where you went wrong in this. [:)]</P>

TroyArcher
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
For his own well being he might want to offer up some of his salary to bolster the o-line so he doesn't get killed.

Joe Morrison
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Eli is renogiating to split his contract and have Peyton as his back up!</P>

</P>

giantman8493
03-02-2012, 04:43 PM

</P>

*</P>

wtf?</P>

umm.....you responded to my "wtf" post as if I was the one telling Eli he should take a paycut..That's number 2...otherwise you would have*responded with "sorry, quoted the wrong posts".....</P>

If you think I'm*being a tough guy by trying to correct*you, then so be it. Try being a little smarter when you quote posts and these misconceptions won't happen.* </P>

*</P>

Since when is cursing me out and calling me an idiot just correcting misconceptions. I was just saying eli should not take a pay cut, you said wtf so i i tried to explain myself but god forbid you don't just understand what I meant.</P>

I never cursed you out OR called you an idiot...**sigh**[:|]......here goes nothing:* </P>

Just so we're clear.....when you quote someone's post it is considered a direct response to that post by that person.......</P>

I said "wtf" to you when you quoted my post as it made no sense.* This would have been the perfect spot to say "sorry, quoted the wrong post", as it would have stopped the entire conversation right there.* INSTEAD, you quoted me again and said "Stop your nonsense! no one is paying attention to this eli hate anymore"**ANY other intelligent poster on this board would come to the assumption that you didn't bother reading before you responded or didn't really grasp the the conversation and I stated as such.* You, being sensitive, started calling me an internet tough guy.</P>

really?
curse " who the **** are you taking to"
" are you having comprehension problems?"
im not gonna stop what im doing and repeat myself just becasue i hit a wrong button.

jesus... why do some people just not get it.....

FDNY Fitzy
03-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Again you guys with the ****ing massive quotes... jesus.

Eli deserves every dollar he makes.

FBomb
03-02-2012, 08:20 PM

</P>

</P>

wtf?</P>

</P>

I never cursed you out OR called you an idiot...**sigh**[:|]......here goes nothing: </P>

I said "wtf" to you when you quoted my post as it made no sense. This would have been the perfect spot to say "sorry, quoted the wrong post", as it would have stopped the entire conversation right there. INSTEAD, you quoted me again and said "Stop your nonsense! no one is paying attention to this eli hate anymore"ANY other intelligent poster on this board would come to the assumption that you didn't bother reading before you responded or didn't really grasp the the conversation and I stated as such. You, being sensitive, started calling me an internet tough guy.</P>

really? curse " who the **** are you taking to" " are you having comprehension problems?" im not gonna stop what im doing and repeat myself just becasue i hit a wrong button. jesus... why do some people just not get it.....</P>

Wow....and I thought I really dumbed things down enough for you.</P>

I "get it" just fine...you're an overly sensitive little girl if you think that is "cursing you out"or calling you an " idiot". I also "get" that Iexplained in great detail where you screwed this conversationup, and that apprently bothers you too. </P>

Grow the **** up.....oops...sorry, I don't want you to feel bullied.</P>

NYG 5
03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
anyone who can't live off, say, 5 million dollars for the rest of their lives, shouldn't ever have 5 million dollars. this goes back to the same old argument of how much is enough.

i'm not going to call out Eli, but i'm going to use him as an example.

He makes an awful lot of money when guys give him all day to throw, or when they jump up and pull the ball out of the air with one hand (the 2005-2007 era), and the quick strike ability of Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz bails the team out of sluggish performances. don't you think you would want to make 8 million a year, and be really successful and protected, instead of eating a ton of money yourself, and get pounded because of FA losses?

Say i'm a CEO who makes 5 mil a year, get all the executive perks, get all the holidays, don't really kill myself anymore, been making good money for a long time now. then hardship hits. should i continue hoarding 5 mil a year and using up the company jets, and cut a bunch of people, or do I live modestly at, say, 100k a year, and save, say, 100 or more of the peasant jobs that allow me to keep my hands out of the mud, and will remain loyal employees when the company rebounds, instead of jumping ship first chance they economy gets better

i mean really, how much money do most people ever even accumulate in their ENTIRE lives? 1 mil? 2 mil? idk man, i would be satisfied with taking 3 mil a year for 6 years with it all guaranteed, and win, and have backup. and if i insisted on making more, i would just ***** myself to advertising.

but you know, everyone in this country isn't satisfied with the G5, they NEED the G6

and don't give me that "its against human nature" bs. its human nature to rape and plunder, but society has conditioned us to refrain from doing that.

jhamburg
03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
anyone who can't live off, say, 5 million dollars for the rest of their lives, shouldn't ever have 5 million dollars. this goes back to the same old argument of how much is enough.

i'm not going to call out Eli, but i'm going to use him as an example.

He makes an awful lot of money when guys give him all day to throw, or when they jump up and pull the ball out of the air with one hand (the 2005-2007 era), and the quick strike ability of Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz bails the team out of sluggish performances. don't you think you would want to make 8 million a year, and be really successful and protected, instead of eating a ton of money yourself, and get pounded because of FA losses?

Say i'm a CEO who makes 5 mil a year, get all the executive perks, get all the holidays, don't really kill myself anymore, been making good money for a long time now. then hardship hits. should i continue hoarding 5 mil a year and using up the company jets, and cut a bunch of people, or do I live modestly at, say, 100k a year, and save, say, 100 or more of the peasant jobs that allow me to keep my hands out of the mud, and will remain loyal employees when the company rebounds, instead of jumping ship first chance they economy gets better

i mean really, how much money do most people ever even accumulate in their ENTIRE lives? 1 mil? 2 mil? idk man, i would be satisfied with taking 3 mil a year for 6 years with it all guaranteed, and win, and have backup. and if i insisted on making more, i would just ***** myself to advertising.

but you know, everyone in this country isn't satisfied with the G5, they NEED the G6

and don't give me that "its against human nature" bs. its human nature to rape and plunder, but society has conditioned us to refrain from doing that.

By the same token you and I living in america are probably much better off than 98% of the worlds population, they could easily look at us and say "Why do they need to make $60,000 a year when they could get by on $20,000 a year?" The difference between us and them is as great as the difference between Eli and us.

I mean unless people here are really down on their luck nobody here will ever starve, worry about feeding their children, or finding a warm and safe place to live. All the other things we have are really just extras, right?

Who is to say what is "enough"?

Most people on this planet, rich or poor, believe that whatever they have isn't enough, and all the people who have more than them have too much. I'm pretty sure if you were actually in Eli's position, you would keep the money too. Because everyone does.

giantman8493
03-03-2012, 04:42 AM

</P>

*</P>

wtf?</P>

*</P>

I never cursed you out OR called you an idiot...**sigh**[:|]......here goes nothing:* </P>

I said "wtf" to you when you quoted my post as it made no sense.* This would have been the perfect spot to say "sorry, quoted the wrong post", as it would have stopped the entire conversation right there.* INSTEAD, you quoted me again and said "Stop your nonsense! no one is paying attention to this eli hate anymore"**ANY other intelligent poster on this board would come to the assumption that you didn't bother reading before you responded or didn't really grasp the the conversation and I stated as such.* You, being sensitive, started calling me an internet tough guy.</P>

really? curse " who the **** are you taking to" " are you having comprehension problems?" im not gonna stop what im doing and repeat myself just becasue i hit a wrong button. jesus... why do some people just not get it.....</P>

I "get it" just fine...you're an overly sensitive little girl if you think that is "cursing you out"*or calling you an " idiot".* I also "get" that I*explained in great detail where you screwed this conversation*up, and that apprently bothers you too.* </P>

Grow the **** up.....oops...sorry, I don't want you to feel bullied.</P>still feeling tough on the internet i see.... I doubt you would be saying that face to face. Is this where you get your fun? trying to make others feel bad?
I pity you. honestly I do. people like you will never understand. I accept that.

Diamondring
03-03-2012, 08:26 AM
How much money he is going to make this year?

Flip Empty
03-03-2012, 08:48 AM
How much money he is going to make this year?
Around 15 million all up - 10.75 base.

It's worth mentioning that Mark Sanchez will be "earning" around the same amount this year.

FBomb
03-03-2012, 08:50 AM

</P>

</P>

wtf?</P>

</P>

I "get it" just fine...you're an overly sensitive little girl if you think that is "cursing you out"or calling you an " idiot". I also "get" that Iexplained in great detail where you screwed this conversationup, and that apprently bothers you too. </P>

Grow the **** up.....oops...sorry, I don't want you to feel bullied.</P>

still feeling tough on the internet i see.... I doubt you would be saying that face to face. Is this where you get your fun? trying to make others feel bad? I pity you. honestly I do. people like you will never understand. I accept that.</P>

What is it I don't understand? You have made no point other than calling me an internet tough guy over and over. This started because you made a mistake and instead of owning up you decided to continue attacking the wrong person. If you feel bad for being made fun of you have only yourself to blame by engaging in a battle of wits while completely unarmed.</P>

Bottom line, you're not very bright and don't know when to quit. If you would like that said to your face I am not hard to find.</P>

Garbloz
03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
eli is a top qb he deserves this money. and also this is the stuff that helps the nfl to be great. the cap plus players going where they get the most money keeps the field fair imo