PDA

View Full Version : Devastated: betrayed by son!!!!!

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Sorry to bring my family dysfunction to the boards, but I needed some kind of support group.

My son runs track for the area High school. He is 16 and very athletic and very fast. I pick him up daily from the high school after practice. Not his mother, ME!!!!! Some days I would arrive early to check out how the practice is going,

Alright, let's get to it!!!!! He comes to me tonight @10:30 pm and asks who is Deon Grant. I says "he plays for the Giants". He says" well he showed up at our practice today and was talking to us." What?1?

In the age of smartphones, texting, tweeting and who knows whatever else. . . . .damn.

Don't get me wrong, I am not the groupie type but I would appreciated meeting a Superbowl winning Giant because living in Atlanta there is not too many opportunities.

foosball
02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
This is a punishable offense. Punish him.

XxBigWhitxX
02-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Salem High School?

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Salem High School?

MLK

XxBigWhitxX
02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Salem High School?

MLKAh because he frequently visits Salem because his High School coach coaches there. I kno cause I've seen him a lot.

Drez
02-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Sorry, but I question your parenting skills. What kind of father has a 16 year old son and hasn't engrained in him enough fanaticism about Big Blue that he doesn't know who Deon Grant is? If you did a better job raising him, then he would have known who Grant was and called you. You have no one to blame but yourself. Bad father. Bad!</P>

</P>

(And if it wasn't abundantly obvious, I'm joking.)</P>

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Salem High School?

MLKAh because he frequently visits Salem because his High School coach coaches there. I kno cause I've seen him a lot.

He is suposedly friends with one of the track coaches at MLK.

XxBigWhitxX
02-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Salem High School?

He is suposedly friends with one of the track coaches at MLK.explains alot.

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Sorry, but I question your parenting skills. What kind of father has a 16 year old son and hasn't engrained in him enough fanaticism about Big Blue that he doesn't know who Deon Grant is? If you did a better job raising him, then he would have known who Grant was and called you. You have no one to blame but yourself. Bad father. Bad!</P>

*</P>

LMAO!!!!! You didn't have to write the last line. I was laughing throughout your post.

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
May warrant putting him up for adoption. It's really tough love, but he's gotta learn.

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM

*</P>

Some of the best jokes have a little truth to them!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIANTSACK
02-29-2012, 11:59 PM

*</P>

Agreee

Breezely
02-29-2012, 11:59 PM
May warrant putting him up for adoption. It's really tough love, but he's gotta learn.

Will consider.

HOLD UP!!!! That will be letting him off the hook!!!

BlueSanta
03-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Sorry, but I question your parenting skills. What kind of father has a 16 year old son and hasn't engrained in him enough fanaticism about Big Blue that he doesn't know who Deon Grant is? If you did a better job raising him, then he would have known who Grant was and called you. You have no one to blame but yourself. Bad father. Bad!</p>

</p>

(And if it wasn't abundantly obvious, I'm joking.)</p>

I agree. I have half a mind to call DCF

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Lol great story....I imagine you hassled him with questions until he begged you to leave him alone

Pakman
03-01-2012, 12:36 AM

*</P>

LOL

Drez
03-01-2012, 12:41 AM

</P>

LMAO!!!!! You didn't have to write the last line. I was laughing throughout your post.</P>

I figured I didn't have to, but some people either can't take/realize a joke or are overly sensitive. Just wanted to make sure no one was going to blow a gasket, lol.</P>

myles2424
03-01-2012, 01:33 AM
This is a punishable offense.* Punish him.*

Indeed.....beat him good, this is nothing the old belt can't fix...

DragonSoul
03-01-2012, 02:04 AM
there seems to be a lot of nfl players down in atlanta with some giants as well.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Sorry to bring my family dysfunction to the boards, but I needed some kind of support group.

My son runs track for the area High school. He is 16 and very athletic and very fast. I pick him up daily from the high school after practice. Not his mother, ME!!!!! Some days I would arrive early to check out how the practice is going,

Alright, let's get to it!!!!! He comes to me tonight @10:30 pm and asks who is Deon Grant. I says "he plays for the Giants". He says" well he showed up at our practice today and was talking to us." What?1?

In the age of smartphones, texting, tweeting and who knows whatever else. . . . .damn.

Don't get me wrong, I am not the groupie type but I would appreciated meeting a Superbowl winning Giant because living in Atlanta there is not too many opportunities.
justifiable homicide. I would be embarrassed to have a son that didn't know the exact number, weight, height, name of every Giants player, and if he didn't... well then I brought him into this world, I can take him out of it. You can always try for another ;)

jomo
03-01-2012, 07:14 AM
He definitely should have let you know but at 16, he's probably more interested in watching the girl's track team. Still not an excuse but..........</P>

I would give him a pass due to his age but put him on probation.</P>

Breezely
03-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Sorry, but I question your parenting skills. What kind of father has a 16 year old son and hasn't engrained in him enough fanaticism about Big Blue that he doesn't know who Deon Grant is? If you did a better job raising him, then he would have known who Grant was and called you. You have no one to blame but yourself. Bad father. Bad!</p>

*</p>

(And if it wasn't abundantly obvious, I'm joking.)</p>

I agree. I have half a mind to call DCF

LOL!

Breezely
03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Lol great story....I imagine you hassled him with questions until he begged you to leave him alone

Nah. But since I sometimes wear my Osi jersey to the school. . . . if it was Osi at the school, I would have been really vexed!

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 08:08 AM

Remember when you grounded him for sneaking out a few weeks ago?

Payback bitz!

Breezely
03-01-2012, 08:11 AM
To escape total embarassment or maybe banishment, I cannot leak the team that he so call root for in the NFL.

However, I believe after watching Cruz this year, he is starting to come around. All he talks about is Cruz.

TuckYou
03-01-2012, 08:13 AM
16 and doesnt know who Deion Grant is? Wow. </P>

He either really loves ballet or is a Jets fan, either way, you failed.</P>

Breezely
03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
16 and doesnt know who Deion Grant is? Wow. </P>

He either really loves ballet or is a Jets fan, either way, you failed.</P>

Damn!!!!! (holding my head down in despair)

cken
03-01-2012, 08:52 AM

justifiable homicide. I would be embarrassed to have a son that didn't know the exact number, weight, height, name of every Giants player, and if he didn't... well then I brought him into this world, I can take him out of it. You can always try for another ;)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15450566.jpg

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 09:11 AM

give him a timeout

giantotherness
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
This is going to hurt......be forewarned. How selfish of you to assume that your son has an obligation to call you or contact you during HIS practice. You should be happy for him that he had a chance to meet and hopefully get some good advice from a successful NFL player. To make matters worse now you are on a message board wining about how your son didn't think of you...betrayed you...devastated you. What would you have done if he had called you? Prolly run down there and be that groupie that you said you are not.

flame off...

TheEnigma
03-01-2012, 09:38 AM
This is going to hurt......be forewarned. How selfish of you to assume that your son has an obligation to call you or contact you during HIS practice. You should be happy for him that he had a chance to meet and hopefully get some good advice from a successful NFL player. To make matters worse now you are on a message board wining about how your son didn't think of you...betrayed you...devastated you.* What would you have done if he had called you? Prolly run down there and be that groupie that you said you are not.

flame off...

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I'll assume you aren't in this scenario. I didn't really take it as him being mad at his son and distraught over not seeing Deon Grant. Sure, he probably would of loved to see him but I'm sure he recognizes that his son made an easy mistake considering Grant isn't a big name player. Everyone is joking now about how his son needs to be punished. I think you are reading too much into this post.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 09:40 AM
This is going to hurt......be forewarned. How selfish of you to assume that your son has an obligation to call you or contact you during HIS practice. You should be happy for him that he had a chance to meet and hopefully get some good advice from a successful NFL player. To make matters worse now you are on a message board wining about how your son didn't think of you...betrayed you...devastated you. What would you have done if he had called you? Prolly run down there and be that groupie that you said you are not.

flame off...

i think u need a spanking too

MikeIsaGiant
03-01-2012, 09:43 AM
That deserves a beheading! AWAY WITH IT!

giantotherness
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM

flame off...

i think u need a spanking too

I guess I took his post the wrong way...I thought he was serious...since it wasn't in red...my apologies to OP...

nygsb42champs
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Ground him...lol

Bones911
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Ground him...lol

I agree GROUND HIM FOR 2 weeks. And in that time he must memorize the Giants Roster and all stats associated with it.

SEC105
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Sorry to bring my family dysfunction to the boards, but I needed some kind of support group. My son runs track for the area High school. He is 16 and very athletic and very fast. I pick him up daily from the high school after practice. Not his mother, ME!!!!! Some days I would arrive early to check out how the practice is going, Alright, let's get to it!!!!! He comes to me tonight @10:30 pm and asks who is Deon Grant. I says "he plays for the Giants". He says" well he showed up at our practice today and was talking to us." What?1? In the age of smartphones, texting, tweeting and who knows whatever else. . . . .damn. Don't get me wrong, I am not the groupie type but I would appreciated meeting a Superbowl winning Giant because living in Atlanta there is not too many opportunities.</P>

Just curious......is his first name "Ferris" by any chance? [;)]</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Sorry to bring my family dysfunction to the boards, but I needed some kind of support group. My son runs track for the area High school. He is 16 and very athletic and very fast. I pick him up daily from the high school after practice. Not his mother, ME!!!!! Some days I would arrive early to check out how the practice is going, Alright, let's get to it!!!!! He comes to me tonight @10:30 pm and asks who is Deon Grant. I says "he plays for the Giants". He says" well he showed up at our practice today and was talking to us." What?1? In the age of smartphones, texting, tweeting and who knows whatever else. . . . .damn. Don't get me wrong, I am not the groupie type but I would appreciated meeting a Superbowl winning Giant because living in Atlanta there is not too many opportunities.DOH! This could be an option. J/K.......Well maybe.</P>

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXHEcLlg-T3b5mqRaFFdUfucAKI26g5oavT1aDaE55hD0oGcJNPA</P>

jomo
03-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry to bring my family dysfunction to the boards, but I needed some kind of support group. My son runs track for the area High school. He is 16 and very athletic and very fast. I pick him up daily from the high school after practice. Not his mother, ME!!!!! Some days I would arrive early to check out how the practice is going, Alright, let's get to it!!!!! He comes to me tonight @10:30 pm and asks who is Deon Grant. I says "he plays for the Giants". He says" well he showed up at our practice today and was talking to us." What?1? In the age of smartphones, texting, tweeting and who knows whatever else. . . . .damn. Don't get me wrong, I am not the groupie type but I would appreciated meeting a Superbowl winning Giant because living in Atlanta there is not too many opportunities.</P>

Just curious......is his first name "Ferris" by any chance? [;)]</P>lol

Breezely
03-01-2012, 08:02 PM
This is going to hurt......be forewarned. How selfish of you to assume that your son has an obligation to call you or contact you during HIS practice. You should be happy for him that he had a chance to meet and hopefully get some good advice from a successful NFL player. To make matters worse now you are on a message board wining about how your son didn't think of you...betrayed you...devastated you.* What would you have done if he had called you? Prolly run down there and be that groupie that you said you are not.

flame off...

Nah. It don't hurt at all. Matter of fact, you might be a little too deep in it.

Matter of fact. . . . . .Dre (my son) is that you????? LOL

Breezely
03-01-2012, 08:04 PM

flame off...

Chill out dude. Its not that deep. Just having a little fun with fellow posters.

Breezely
03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry giantotherness. I just read your last post. Its all good. Although I am very serious about the events, I am not that devastated. I chose to have fun with it.

RoanokeFan
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
When do you plan on letting him back into the house?

Voldamort
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM

*</P>

(And if it wasn't abundantly obvious, I'm joking.)</P> me too

Voldamort
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM
When do you plan on letting him back into the house?
same day I hope?