PDA

View Full Version : TE Coby Fleener

RonJon
03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Scouts comparing him to Jimmy Graham. Seriously doubt he's still on the board when the Giants pick.

bflo23
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Fleener runs 40 yard dash in very slow 4.8 sec.

Graham runs 40 yard dash in like 4.4 sec.

TheEnigma
03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
More like a poor man's Gronk to me.

juice33s
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM

I guarantee you he runs a 4.5 at his pro day....just watch his highlights, Fleeners anything but slow

GGTM_1977
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
James Hanna ran a 4.49....best TE 40 time....

eastbayblue
03-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Scouts comparing him to Jimmy Graham. Seriously doubt he's still on the board when the Giants pick.

He will be on the board, no other team is projected to pick a TE in the 1st other than the Giants.

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Fleener is more like a tall Dallas Clark in my mind.

He'll more then likely go somewhere in the mid to late second round unless he absolutely kills his Pro Day.

P.S. - Jimmy Graham ran a 4.56 40 at the Combine and Fleener ran a 4.67 in college.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM

entirely too much emphasis on the 40 ... so because a guy runs .4 secs slower at a 40 yard rate with no pads on, he is "very slow" for a TE? I don't think our TE will be running a 40 yard pattern...I mean seriously?

Giants Of New Jersey
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM

He'll more then likely go somewhere in the mid to late second round unless he absolutely kills his Pro Day.

P.S. - Jimmy Graham ran a 4.56 40.

agree with your assessment regarding Dallas Clark. Could you see us taking him at 32? Also, I don't see how he could "kill his pro day" just based on the fact that there is too much emphasis on the 40 yard dash. He won't run better than a 4.5, which means scouts won't drool over him.

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM

P.S. - Jimmy Graham ran a 4.56 40.

agree with your assessment regarding Dallas Clark. Could you see us taking him at 32? Also, I don't see how he could "kill his pro day" just based on the fact that there is too much emphasis on the 40 yard dash. He won't run better than a 4.5, which means scouts won't drool over him.

Yes I could easily see the Giants taking him with our first pick (and I'd love it if they did).

If he runs anywhere in the 4.6 or less range at his Pro Day his draft stock will raise him to the first rated TE in the draft imo.

slipknottin
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM

How do you figure this? Fleener hasent even ran the 40. But on the field he looks like he runs somewhere in the high 4.5- mid 4.6 range.

Graham ran a 4.53, Gronk ran a 4.68.

Anywhere in between those two times is wonderful.

For more comparison, Fleener is one inch taller and 6 pounds lighter than Shockey was when he was drafted. Very similar size wise.

wolfie
03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
I would love to get Fleener.Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </P>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's gotbig hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</P>

Neverend
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Graham is a very poor comparison. He's probably one of the most athletic players in nfl history. None of the top TEs are in his class athletically, and thats no criticism

Gronkowski I think is a better comparison.

Fleener is going to be a special player in this league. He's unique in his own way

Shockeyitus
03-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Fleener reminds me of a bigger, not as fast version of Jay Novcek. Who in my opinion is one of the most underrated TE's in history.

myles2424
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I would love to get Fleener.*Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </P>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's got*big hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</P> egnew seems more like the giant pick....upside & probaly be a good value pick...

critters
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I would love to get Fleener.Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </p>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's gotbig hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</p> egnew seems more like the giant pick....upside &amp; probaly be a good value pick...

I'm thinking the same thing.

Kruunch
03-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I would love to get Fleener.*Maybe .4 difference in his 40 is a big deal to some, but not to me. </p>

Having watched the TEs at the combine, and if Fleener is not there when we want to go TE, I think the Giants may go for Paulson from Oregon or Egnew from Missouri. Paulson is slow by comparison, but he's got*big hands and can block. Egnew is fast and has everything I want in a TE.</p> egnew seems more like the giant pick....upside & probaly be a good value pick...

I'm thinking the same thing.

I like Ladarius Green over Egenew. Neither is a particularly notable as a blocker but Green is a better receiver and seems to have a better motor. Both will be available around the 3rd round or so.

alau53
03-04-2012, 06:43 PM
if all te's are available giants should trade down and pick up another draft pick..then take best available te if they all have similar grades