PDA

View Full Version : Burress "didn't want to go back"

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
<h3 class="author_name"><font size="3">Ralph Vacchiano (http://www.sulia.com/source/S-46381)
Plaxico
Burress, on the @dpshow, says the Giants wanted him back last summer,
but he didn't want them: "I made the decision personally not to go back.
I didn’t have any animosity towards them because they wanted to bring
me back. I made a decision not to go. ... It was just a situation where
I just wanted to go somewhere and start over fresh." ... Read more› (http://bit.ly/wNYoxs) #NYG

</font></h3>

lmao right on....hope the Jets were "fresh" enough for him
</p>

ny06
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
What Plax is really saying. </P>

" I did not want to go to a team that had a head coach who wanted me to act like a professional at all times"</P>

"I wanted to come and go as I please, and I felt with Tom Coughlin I would not have been able to do that"</P>

"And lastly, I wanted to go to the team that offered the most guarenteed money; hence why I went to the Jets" </P>

</P>

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Cool ... the feeling was mutual.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
The guy made a decision last year about his career. Do we really have to bust his *** about it??</P>

He made for reasons that were important to him. His loss.....</P>

so what.....</P>

</P>

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
What Plax is really saying. </p>

" I did not want to go to a team that had a head coach who wanted me to act like a professional at all times"</p>

"I wanted to come and go as I please, and I felt with Tom Coughlin I would not have been able to do that"</p>

"And lastly, I wanted to go to the team that offered the most guarenteed money; hence why I went to the Jets" </p>

</p>
this

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 05:08 PM
He maybe could have had another ring on his resume if he came back.

myles2424
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Yet there's a thread out there about brining him back again.....screw this guy

Manning2Niks
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc.

Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.

egyptian420
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc.

Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.
People are saying that anyways...I was playing a guy in Madden the other day and we got into an argument because he was saying Eli didn't really have as good of a season as his numbers indicate: it was Nicks and Cruz who made spectacular catches and bailed him out

Haters gonna hate...

GCGiant
03-01-2012, 06:01 PM

People are saying that anyways...I was playing a guy in Madden the other day and we got into an argument because he was saying Eli didn't really have as good of a season as his numbers indicate: it was Nicks and Cruz who made spectacular catches and bailed him out

Haters gonna hate...

Toomer made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Plax made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Smith made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Nicks made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Cruz made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Manningham made spectacular catches to bail Eli out...notice a trend here?

JesseJames
03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I think there is only one reason that Plax did not come back to the Giants, if he was even asked to come back, Plax is a guy who simply can not follow the rules and Coughlin is a stickler for rules, end of story....

Manning2Niks
03-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Haters gonna hate...

Toomer made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Plax made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Smith made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Nicks made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Cruz made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Manningham made spectacular catches to bail Eli out...notice a trend here?

Haha, true that, both you guys.

I really think he's gonna keep improving too. If he does its gonna be glorious to see the haters lose all ammunition and have nothing to fall back on.

NYgiants141
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Eli made these guys who they are. They became stars with Eli throwing to them.

Where did cruz come from? Manningham? Ballard? Etc.

buffyblue
03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
The hatred are always going to hate on Eli Manning no matter what. I just had a conversation with some idiot that tried saying Mike Vick is better than Eli Manning.

Plexiglass did okay for himself last year. Granted he only had 571 yards but he was completely unnoticed numerous times by Sanchize when he was wide open in the left side of the endzone, one of his favorite spots. I think Plexiglass needed to go somewhere else so that he could finally realize just how good he had it on Pittsburgh Steelers and NY Giants. He made 3 million guaranteed and had a productive enough of a year to secure the same type of money somewhere else. It seems like he has his head on straight and will have a better year next season. I would much rather Plexiglass back
k instead of Steve Smith is came down to it.

Roosevelt
03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
<h3 class="author_name"><font size="3">Ralph Vacchiano (http://www.sulia.com/source/S-46381)
Plaxico
I just wanted to go somewhere and start over fresh." ... Read more› (http://bit.ly/wNYoxs) #NYG

</font></h3>

</p>

He needed to move on and that's cool. Can't begrudge him over that.

Roosevelt
03-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Haters gonna hate...

Great wideouts make a quarterback look good? [:)]

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 06:53 PM

Haters gonna hate...

Great wideouts make a quarterback look good? *[:)]
Yes because if the wrs are unable to catch the ball, the qb can have real bad stats. e tend to forget that the stats don't tell the wholse story.

KidA
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Haters gonna hate...

Wrong. Nicks and Cruz made spectacular plays after the catch. Manning's throws have been pretty much on the money.

giantyankee1976
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Plaxico
I just wanted to go somewhere and start over fresh." ... Read more*› (http://bit.ly/wNYoxs) #NYG

</font></h3>

</p>

I call Bull ****

GameTime
03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
He maybe could have had another ring on his resume if he came back.</P>

nope...it would have changed everything. He's on the team then Cruz doesnt do what he did,.......and so on and so on...</P>

</P>

GameTime
03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc. Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.

Haters gonna hate...
Toomer made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Plax made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Smith made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Nicks made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Cruz made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Manningham made spectacular catches to bail Eli out...notice a trend here?</P>

yeah...Eli sucks...</P>

and you are a dope...</P>

</P>

</P>

JJC7301
03-01-2012, 11:37 PM

" I did not want to go to a team that had a head coach who wanted me to act like a professional at all times"</P>

"I wanted to come and go as I please, and I felt with Tom Coughlin I would not have been able to do that"</P>

"And lastly, I wanted to go to the team that offered the most guarenteed money; hence why I went to the Jets" </P>

*</P>
+1,000. Your ability to read between the lines is uncanny. That is EXACTLY what he was saying. <sigh> I wanted him back last year and this one too, but screw it. And screw Plax.

nhpgiantsfan
03-02-2012, 12:08 AM
The hatred are always going to hate on Eli Manning no matter what. I just had a conversation with some idiot that tried saying Mike Vick is better than Eli Manning.

Plexiglass did okay for himself last year. Granted he only had 571 yards but he was completely unnoticed numerous times by Sanchize when he was wide open in the left side of the endzone, one of his favorite spots. I think Plexiglass needed to go somewhere else so that he could finally realize just how good he had it on Pittsburgh Steelers and NY Giants. He made 3 million
guaranteed and had a productive enough of a year to secure the
same type of money somewhere else. It seems like he has his
head on straight and will have a better year next season. I would
much rather Plexiglass back

instead of Steve Smith is came down to it.

Agreed. I doutb they would ever bring him in but, I would rather have him over Steve Smith. If he came back agreeing to be the third guy and be the red zone presence that we so def need. KG swears by the corner end zone fade, and our receivers haven't had much success with it. I do think he has changed his ways. He was very well behaved on the Jets this year and on that team he really he could've gotten away with all of his BS.

giantsfan420
03-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Yeah, but then haters would say how Eli is garbage without Plax, can't win without him, not elite, etc. Not that it matters, just saying it would be annoying bc it'd be clear to objective observers that Eli is great, but plax on a sb winning team is just fuel to a b.s. argument.

Haters gonna hate...
Toomer made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Plax made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Smith made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Nicks made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Cruz made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Manningham made spectacular catches to bail Eli out...notice a trend here?</P>

yeah...Eli sucks...</P>

*</P>

*</P>

hopefully he was being sarcastic...mocking how people will always say it was the wr and not eli, and that it has been used for every wr as a way to hate eli...i def do not believe he is literally saying all those wr's bailed eli out and eli sucks

Toadofsteel
03-02-2012, 02:33 AM

Haters gonna hate...

Let me try:

Jernigan made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Hixon made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Ballard made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Pascoe made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Boss made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Jacobs made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Bradshaw made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Hynoski made spectacular catches to bail Eli out.

I'm so seriously, you guys.

GmenFan1980
03-02-2012, 02:48 AM

Haters gonna hate...

Let me try:

Jernigan made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Hixon made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Ballard made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Pascoe made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Boss made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Jacobs made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Bradshaw made spectacular catches to bail Eli out, Hynoski made spectacular catches to bail Eli out.

I'm so seriously, you guys.

http://blogs.citypaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/liar.jpg

http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif I know because Jernigan didn't have 1 catch this season lol

SweetZombieJesus
03-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Victor Cruz sent over a fruit basket

GMENAGAIN
03-02-2012, 07:21 AM

</P>

</P>

+1</P>

</P>

jomo
03-02-2012, 07:25 AM

</P>All of that, well said 06.

GCGiant
03-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Haters gonna hate...

yeah...Eli sucks...</P>

*</P>

*</P>

hopefully he was being sarcastic...mocking how people will always say it was the wr and not eli, and that it has been used for every wr as a way to hate eli...i def do not believe he is literally saying all those wr's bailed eli out and eli sucks

I thought it was rather obvious that I was being sarcastic. I guess that's why some people need it in red, but I refuse to do that because it's no fun being sarcastic if you have to tell people that's what you are doing.

nygsb42champs
03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
As Giant fans we should all thank him for making that decesion. If he was back here who knows if Cruz would have been given the chance he was.

GameTime
03-02-2012, 10:35 AM

Haters gonna hate...

yeah...Eli sucks...</P>

</P>

</P>

hopefully he was being sarcastic...mocking how people will always say it was the wr and not eli, and that it has been used for every wr as a way to hate eli...i def do not believe he is literally saying all those wr's bailed eli out and eli sucks I thought it was rather obvious that I was being sarcastic. I guess that's why some people need it in red, but I refuse to do that because it's no fun being sarcastic if you have to tell people that's what you are doing.</P>

I love sarcasm....but from all that we see on these boards that are serious posts its tough to tell what is what at times. I apologize for misintepreting your post. I need the "red" to know....:)</P>

GCGiant
03-02-2012, 11:04 AM

Haters gonna hate...

yeah...Eli sucks...</P>

</P>

</P>

hopefully he was being sarcastic...mocking how people will always say it was the wr and not eli, and that it has been used for every wr as a way to hate eli...i def do not believe he is literally saying all those wr's bailed eli out and eli sucks I thought it was rather obvious that I was being sarcastic. I guess that's why some people need it in red, but I refuse to do that because it's no fun being sarcastic if you have to tell people that's what you are doing.</P>

I love sarcasm....but from all that we see on these boards that are serious posts its tough to tell what is what at times. I apologize for misintepreting your post. I need the "red" to know....:)</P>

</P>

No problem. I really thought most of the regulars knew that I was one of the biggest Eli homers on the board...so, that's another reason I felt like the red was unnecessary.</P>

JPP
03-02-2012, 03:15 PM
The guy made a decision last year about his career. Do we really have to bust his *** about it??</P>

He made for reasons that were important to him. His loss.....</P>

so what.....</P>

*</P>

In short...yes, yes we do have to bust his balls about it.