PDA

View Full Version : "IF" you're still not happy with our coaching staff and managment, then......

Marvelousmik
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Lets face it. There is no one out there that you will be happy with. Honestly. Perry fewel has been here for 2 seasons. the first season (correct me if i am wrong) we were ranked in the top 5 in defense and lead the league in turnovers. In his second year here we started off shaky but were able gel late in the season and went on to win the superbowl.

TC and KG has won us 2 rings. I know the play calling is questionable sometimes. Hell, i cant stand the shotgun draw and the wr screen to danny ware. But every offensive coordinator is going to have plays that you cant stand. there is no such thing as perfect in the NFL. The bottom line is he gets the job done, is very experienced and has built a complex yet very effective system here.

There isnt much for me to say about JR. I take it by now everyone knows its best to just sit back and let him do his thing.

We have a great organization that has built a very good football team. As long as the core people are still here i feel good about our chances. and that core of people starts with the management and coaching.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Lets face it. There is no one out there that you will be happy with. Honestly. Perry fewel has been here for 2 seasons. the first season (correct me if i am wrong) we were ranked in the top 5 in defense and lead the league in turnovers. In his second year here we started off shaky but were able gel late in the season and went on to win the superbowl.

TC and KG has won us 2 rings. I know the play calling is questionable sometimes. Hell, i cant stand the shotgun draw and the wr screen to danny ware. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>But every offensive coordinator is going to have plays that you cant stand. there is no such thing as perfect in the NFL. </FONT>The bottom line is he gets the job done, is very experienced and has built a complex yet very effective system here.

There isnt much for me to say about JR. I take it by now everyone knows its best to just sit back and let him do his thing.

We have a great organization that has built a very good football team. As long as the core people are still here i feel good about our chances. and that core of people starts with the management and coaching.
</P>

the bottom line is just that. You cant argue with success. If people are going to complain and they will just wave the hand in their face and say ..."Talk to the rings".....[Y]</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
03-01-2012, 02:36 PM

TC and KG has won us 2 rings. I know the play calling is questionable sometimes. Hell, i cant stand the shotgun draw and the wr screen to danny ware. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>But every offensive coordinator is going to have plays that you cant stand. there is no such thing as perfect in the NFL. </FONT>The bottom line is he gets the job done, is very experienced and has built a complex yet very effective system here.

</P>

the bottom line is just that. You cant argue with success. If people are going to complain and they will just wave the hand in their face and say ..."Talk to the rings".....[Y]</P>

</P>

Yeah, pretty much. I think it's safe to say that this administration has shown that they know alot more about this game than any of us armchair GMs'/Coaches/Coordinators/QBs'. </P>

myles2424
03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Id say, TC,Eli &amp; Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
If anyone has a problem with KG at this point they need to become a Giants OC and do a better job.

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Id say, TC,Eli &amp; Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..</P>

Gilbrides job has never been in question with the organization. Even if they missed the playoffs this season, it definitly would have more likely been placed on the defense that had struggled all year. </P>

Watch some play calls that other OCs' make and KG looks much more impressive. </P>

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Id say, TC,Eli &amp; Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..
Come on, Gilbride called the plays that Eli ran to help win those two Super Bowls.

jjj45
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Id say, TC,Eli &amp; Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..There are elements of truth to this. People can say how Gilbride has allowed Eli to thrive and all that. but when it comes down to the fourth quarter and the game is on the line, thats all Eli. He's one of the few QB's that can do this.

Twice Tom Brady drove his team down the field to potentially win the SB. Then, in comes Eli and does it with less time on the clock. And we now have four Lombardi's.

imo if Eli doesn't do that, Gilbride probably doesn't stay our OC.

Also, I support Gilbride. He and Eli make a great team.

BeatYale
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
If the play is successful it was a good play call. If the play was unsuccessful it was a bad play call and Gilbride needs to be fired!

Fans watch the game on TV from a side angle and don't see the play diagrams, so how they know it was a bad play call versus bad execution is beyond me!

Sometimes an unsuccessful play can still have a positive effect on the game. Like stretching the field, you have to keep the safety's honest - otherwise they will start cheating the shallow routes. Same goes for CB's, if don't work the sideline much at all they will start to cheat the inside routes. We all already know how it benefits the running game.

Stuff like that will always get overlooked by the common fan on here who easily gets discouraged and begins to think the worst. "The sky is falling". "We're doomed". "Gilbride should burn in hell" etc. etc.

JimC
03-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I am sure that Eli and Gilbride have a very very good working relationship. I believe they collaborate on everything in the offense. I also believe Eli has the latitude to change any play depending on what he sees the defense doing. I also believe that based on the personnel that is in the game at the time dictates the plays that can be called. And above all, I believe Eli calls those shotgun draws himself and they are NOT called from the sideline.

All in all I love this team AND the play calling.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I am sure that Eli and Gilbride have a very very good working relationship. I believe they collaborate on everything in the offense. I also believe Eli has the latitude to change any play depending on what he sees the defense doing. I also believe that based on the personnel that is in the game at the time dictates the plays that can be called. And above all, I believe Eli calls those shotgun draws himself and they are NOT called from the sideline.

All in all I love this team AND the play calling.

Eli gets given a series of plays he can audible to if he sees fit. If the beloved shotgun draw happens to be one of them then sure, perhaps Eli has called it himself a few times.

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
If anyone has a problem with KG at this point they need to become a Giants OC and do a better job.

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.Or go somewhere else and root for another team. The man has proven that he is good and if anyone still has a problem with him, then they need to get out of here with their lies.

myles2424
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Id say, TC,Eli & Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..
Come on, Gilbride called the plays that Eli ran to help win those two Super Bowls. I'm not saying he didn't....but he also did call the plays that couldve coated us big time.....there was questionable plays all the way down to the last minute against GB & SF

giantsforce
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.Or go somewhere else and root for another team. The man has proven that he is good and if anyone still has a problem with him, then they need to get out of here with their lies.The man is a "genius". After all, he did call that great throw of Eli to Mario in to double coverage and he did tell Mario to make the acrobatic catch. And man, the offensive production in he 3rd qrt was stellar wasn't it? So, let's get off of Killdrive's back and let him call the plays from his extensive playbook, all 5 of them, and let Eli bail him out with his fantastic plays in the 4rth Qrt.

TheEnigma
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!

slipknottin
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
The OC is the most hated person by fans on every team.

GiantsVSNFL
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Hahahahaha!!!!!!...................That was pretty funny.

GiantsVSNFL
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.Or go somewhere else and root for another team. The man has proven that he is good and if anyone still has a problem with him, then they need to get out of here with their lies.The man is a "genius". After all, he did call that great throw of Eli to Mario in to double coverage and he did tell Mario to make the acrobatic catch.* And man, the offensive production in he 3rd qrt was stellar wasn't it?* So, let's get off of Killdrive's back and let him call the plays from his extensive playbook, all 5 of them, and let Eli bail him out with his fantastic plays in the 4rth Qrt.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!...................That was pretty funny.

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 05:47 PM

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.Or go somewhere else and root for another team. The man has proven that he is good and if anyone still has a problem with him, then they need to get out of here with their lies.The man is a "genius". After all, he did call that great throw of Eli to Mario in to double coverage and he did tell Mario to make the acrobatic catch.* And man, the offensive production in he 3rd qrt was stellar wasn't it?* So, let's get off of Killdrive's back and let him call the plays from his extensive playbook, all 5 of them, and let Eli bail him out with his fantastic plays in the 4rth Qrt.
But both defenders were beat in the double coverage and Eli didn't have to throw the ball either so what is your point? A lot of qbs have to make those kind of thows to expand the game plan.

If the qbs doesn't throw deep balls sometimes, then the offense can really be predictable and even cause ints like Eli did against the Vikings in 07.

The OC make plays based on what type of players he has and a qb who can make those type of throws can expand the playbook. Long as the OC knows the strengths of his players, he is good.

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Hahahahaha!!!!!!...................That was pretty funny.It makes him kind of stupidn since even Brady make those type of throws and other good qbs.

giantman8493
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Otherwise stfu and gtfo. Sign me up.

Diamondring
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!I don't know but he does make good plays though. Play calling is kind of different from making plays and I have seen some good plays made by KG yet he doesn't mix it up with them though. Yet if he did, the offense would be almost unstoppable but even he still gots to have players to perform certain plays.

swimeasy
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Liking today's coaching staff development:

In the end, Coughlin’s search led him back home. The Giants announced
today that Sean Ryan, who had coached the team’s wide receivers the
previous two seasons, will now coach the quarterbacks. He replaces Mike
Sullivan, who left soon after the Giants won Super Bowl XLVI to become
the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ offensive coordinator. Kevin M. Gilbride is
the new wide receivers coach. He spent the last two years as the
offensive quality control coach.

Gilbride follows the same path taken by Ryan, who switched from quality control to wide receivers in 2010.

“Continuity
is important,” Coughlin said. “It’s not that I don’t think there are
some talented people out there. But I do think that these two are very
talented and the best approach we could possibly take would be to
continue to support our players at those positions with people who are
products of the system.

“You would like to take people that are
in the system, that understand the system, understand how we work, are
very comfortable with the organizational scheme that we use in
preparation. What we have here in Sean Ryan and Kevin Gilbride were two
young coaches, one being Sean, who had started out as a quality control
coach, was very impressive in that role, and then was elevated to the
wide receiver position, in which he did an outstanding job. Young Kevin
Gilbride came in here as a quality control offensive assistant and his
energy level, his enthusiasm, his overall optimism, the positive way
that he attacks every job, and the importance of how well he performed
his job – which makes everybody else’s job easier on offense – because
the information that he puts forth is accurate. I really came to the
conclusion that this was best for us.”

Both Ryan and Gilbride –
the son of offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride – believe the assignment
changes will be seamless, largely because of their familiarity with
each other.

Complete article:
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-announce-Coaching-Staff-Changes/c230651d-5ad5-4fc2-84e7-c4d5e172a210

RoanokeFan
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM

Don't forget it's very often the "execution" of the play(s) called that is the problem.

Mod_C
03-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Otherwise stfu and gtfo.Or go somewhere else and root for another team. The man has proven that he is good and if anyone still has a problem with him, then they need to get out of here with their lies.The man is a "genius". After all, he did call that great throw of Eli to Mario in to double coverage and he did tell Mario to make the acrobatic catch. And man, the offensive production in he 3rd qrt was stellar wasn't it? So, let's get off of Killdrive's back and let him call the plays from his extensive playbook, all 5 of them, and let Eli bail him out with his fantastic plays in the 4rth Qrt.

The problem with this train of thought is it never seems to work in reverse. When players screw up the execution of plays, and they do, you still blame Gilbride.

GameTime
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Id say, TC,Eli &amp; Co won us two rings....I still cant ignore some of the playcalling at times, Eli saved Glibrides job IMO..</P>

OK....a small % of the plays flop....name me one team that doesnt have that.</P>

So you give Eli all the credit for the plays that do work???</P>

makes no sense bro.....sorry....</P>

GameTime
03-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!</P>

maybe its called a "scheme"............</P>

Maybe....just maybe now.....some plays are there to set up other plays. To see what the D will do in ceratin formations and such. </P>

Glad KG sucks as much as he does. It would look suspicious if the Giants won every game or too many rings....[:D]</P>

RoanokeFan
03-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!</p>

maybe its called a "scheme"............</p>

Maybe....just maybe now.....some plays are there to set up other plays. To see what the D will do in ceratin formations and such. </p>

Glad KG sucks as much as he does. It would look suspicious if the Giants won every game or too many rings....[:D]</p>

Too many rings would be gaudy [;)]

dave56dj
03-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Actually the problem with Giantsforce thinking is way more easy to breakdown then that. HE IS TALKING ABOUT ONE PLAY. A classic move for a football fan - to break down one game, or one play, and state that is the reason for a players success or failure or a coaches. Instead of looking at their careers. Was that play HUGE? Yep - but does it erase Gilbrides career - or eli's or mario's. Hell without it we still may have won.

Gilbride has had successful offenses almost his whole career. Is eli a factor? YES. But it is still Gilbride's offense and even more so Coughlin's who was an offensive coach himself.

As for the shotgun draw - a play that worked to perfection for years for us - let it go - anyone can predict that call 50 percent of the time - It is one of the only ways to run out of the shotgun (So you can predict that run FOR ANY TEAM IN SHOTGUN YOU ARE NOT A GENIUS FOR DOING SO) -

Again if you say shotgun draw when you see them in that formation you aren't predicting anything unusual and you will find when they pass out of shotgun you are wrong. And years ago that prediction meant nothing - cause just like tebow's shotgun draws you know they are coming and you still can't stop it - just like with our draws with better o lines years ago. This year the oline was diminished - but the draw did work on several goal line occasions.

And since gilbride has put up very nice offenses while a Giant and even before this fans have no argument other then to say its all Eli or its someone else bailing him out - sure it is. Or the smarter bet - its all of them working in unison.

Still not convinced - Im sure by now you are willing to admit Coughlin is a great coach or for you skeptics at least good. Why would he have faith in Gilbride? Do you not think he evalautes coaches better then you. I suppose you might bring up Sheridan - but remember HE FIRED HIM. Grow up TC knows more then you and he hired Gilbride for a reason.

Gilbride is a helluva coach.

RoanokeFan
03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Actually the problem with Giantsforce thinking is way more easy to breakdown then that. HE IS TALKING ABOUT ONE PLAY. A classic move for a football fan - to break down one game, or one play, and state that is the reason for a players success or failure or a coaches. Instead of looking at their careers. Was that play HUGE? Yep - but does it erase Gilbrides career - or eli's or mario's. Hell without it we still may have won.

Gilbride has had successful offenses almost his whole career. Is eli a factor? YES. But it is still Gilbride's offense and even more so Coughlin's who was an offensive coach himself.

As for the shotgun draw - a play that worked to perfection for years for us - let it go - anyone can predict that call 50 percent of the time - It is one of the only ways to run out of the shotgun (So you can predict that run FOR ANY TEAM IN SHOTGUN YOU ARE NOT A GENIUS FOR DOING SO) -

Again if you say shotgun draw when you see them in that formation you aren't predicting anything unusual and you will find when they pass out of shotgun you are wrong. And years ago that prediction meant nothing - cause just like tebow's shotgun draws you know they are coming and you still can't stop it - just like with our draws with better o lines years ago. This year the oline was diminished - but the draw did work on several goal line occasions.

And since gilbride has put up very nice offenses while a Giant and even before this fans have no argument other then to say its all Eli or its someone else bailing him out - sure it is. Or the smarter bet - its all of them working in unison.

Still not convinced - Im sure by now you are willing to admit Coughlin is a great coach or for you skeptics at least good. Why would he have faith in Gilbride? Do you not think he evalautes coaches better then you. I suppose you might bring up Sheridan - but remember HE FIRED HIM. Grow up TC knows more then you and he hired Gilbride for a reason.

For me, the fact that Tom Coughlin has not coached a losing season here, says a lot. Now we've won two Super Bowls during his tenure. Coughlin hasn't dioes this in a vacuum. He has assembled a staff of qualified coached/coordinators to help this team realize its potential.

I'm sure some posters/fans are upset that the rest of us can't see how inept Gilbride and Fewell are. GO FIGURE!

GmenFan1980
03-01-2012, 07:23 PM

For me, the fact that Tom Coughlin has not coached a losing season here, says a lot.*** Now we've won two Super Bowls during his tenure.* Coughlin hasn't dioes this in a vacuum.* He has assembled a staff of qualified coached/coordinators to help this team realize its potential.*

I'm sure some posters/fans are upset that the rest of us can't see how inept Gilbride and Fewell are.* GO FIGURE!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n30/TRLANE/demand.jpg

http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

TheEnigma
03-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!</P>

Maybe....just maybe now.....some plays are there to set up other plays. To see what the D will do in ceratin formations and such. </P>

Glad KG sucks as much as he does. It would look suspicious if the Giants won every game or too many rings....[:D]</P>It's fine in the 1st quarter but I still see him do it near the end of the game when he should already have figured the defense out. You mean to tell me you like seeing Danny Ware gain 1 yard on those plays?

stormblue
03-01-2012, 10:25 PM
the opposing defense has an average payroll
of around 50 mil , they can be expected to get it
right and shut you down from time to time.

when Manning get sacked it's because our blocking sucks.
when we sack the other QB its because our
D-line is awesome.

c'mon , the other team gets paid too.

buddy33
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Always liked TC. He is a great coach. I was defending PF for most of the season. I don't blame people for the frustration, but with all the injuries they had to deal with on defense, he did an amazing job this season. As far as KG, I get frustrated sometimes, but they have had a good offense for some time now. Some plays I ask "why?", but for the most part we have to realize how good this offense has been for years now. Of course Eli has something to do with that.

Toadofsteel
03-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Always liked TC. He is a great coach. I was defending PF for most of the season. I don't blame people for the frustration, but with all the injuries they had to deal with on defense, he did an amazing job this season. As far as KG, I get frustrated sometimes, but they have had a good offense for some time now. Some plays I ask "why?", but for the most part we have to realize how good this offense has been for years now. Of course Eli has something to do with that.

I never had a problem with Gilbride. Even in the biggest loss of the season against the Saints, Eli still threw for over 400 yards.

PF, on the other hand... the fact that he was able to shut down Brady for most of the super bowl means i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... but would it hurt to blitz a little? You saw what it did to GB. PF organizing the defense from the d-backs on forward kind of reminds me of those time when Eli would throw off the back foot. The Pass Rush is the legacy of the Giants. From the Days of LT on through Strahan, Tuck, and now JPP, the Giants defensive philosophy has always been to stop the run, then get to the QB... stop the offense at its source. And unless your name is Eli Manning, getting rushed by the gmen is probably the most nerve-wracking experience you can have as an NFL QB.

giantsforce
03-02-2012, 02:42 AM

The problem with this train of thought is it never seems to work in reverse. When players screw up the execution of plays, and they do, you still blame Gilbride.
As I recall, when players do not execute well, we do point that out also and I amo not sure that I have seen a post that anyone blamed Killdrive when Mario or anyone else dropped the ball. This is a team sport and it was a team effort that won the SB. No matter what, we all knew we had the talent to get us to the SB. It was really frustrating to see us lose to teams that we should not have lost because of lack of planning and execution. I guess a SB win washes everything under the bridge-until the same screw ups start happening again. But we are a few months away from that.

Out of Exile
03-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Pretty sure the Gilbride haters are gone...mostly.

JimC
03-02-2012, 05:37 AM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!

I'll bet you that Eli calls most of those draws you love to hate.

TheEnigma
03-02-2012, 09:01 AM

I'll bet you that Eli calls most of those draws you love to hate.Even if that's the case (you're completely speculating btw), Gilbride would still have responsibility in allowing Eli to utilize the play multiple times in a single game. I'm not saying to remove it from the playbook but to tone down the amount of times it's used in a game. It rarely nets us anything noteworthy.

GameTime
03-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Glad KG sucks as much as he does. It would look suspicious if the Giants won every game or too many rings....[:D]</P>

It's fine in the 1st quarter but I still see him do it near the end of the game when he should already have figured the defense out. You mean to tell me you like seeing Danny Ware gain 1 yard on those plays?</P>

you know what though....</P>

no matter which OC the Giants had you ( and I mean "you" in the general sense) would be not satisfied with some part of the "scheme" or play calling. Like I said.....he has the rings along with the rest of the team. Cant be that bad I guess....</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I just want to know why he feels he has to call multiple shotgun draws that rarely ever work in a game. WHY?!</p>

Maybe....just maybe now.....some plays are there to set up other plays. To see what the D will do in ceratin formations and such. </p>

Glad KG sucks as much as he does. It would look suspicious if the Giants won every game or too many rings....[:D]</p>

It's fine in the 1st quarter but I still see him do it near the end of the game when he should already have figured the defense out. You mean to tell me you like seeing Danny Ware gain 1 yard on those plays?</p>

you know what though....</p>

no matter which OC the Giants had you ( and I mean "you" in the general sense) would be not satisfied with some part of the "scheme" or play calling. Like I said.....he has the rings along with the rest of the team. Cant be that bad I guess....</p>

</p>

It's like the fans who are still complaining about the regular season games we lost last year. What is the point of that?

Kruunch
03-02-2012, 11:57 AM

The problem with this train of thought is it never seems to work in reverse.* When players screw up the execution of plays, and they do, you still blame Gilbride.
As I recall, when players do not execute well, we do point that out also and I amo not sure that I have seen a post that anyone blamed Killdrive when Mario or anyone else dropped the ball. This is a team sport and it was a team effort that won the SB. No matter what, we all knew we had the talent to get us to the SB.* It was really frustrating to see us lose to teams that we should not have lost because of lack of planning and execution.* I guess a SB win washes everything under the bridge-until the same screw ups start happening again.* But we are a few months away from that.

What I fail to see mentioned is that KG's system (whether you like some individual play calls or not) allows the players to be successful. He's not conservative and depends on the players making plays (and his plays give them the opportunity to do so by and large, including allowing Eli to audible as much as he does).

Does it drive me nuts when I see Jacobs getting an inside draw? Sure.

Do I cringe when we throw an 18 yard out on 3rd and 3? Absolutely.

But in the end analysis, I have to subscribe to the track record.

And the offense under KG has been one of the consistantly best in the NFL for half a decade now.

Until that changes, I'll be a KG fan (cringes and all).

GameTime
03-02-2012, 11:59 AM

It's fine in the 1st quarter but I still see him do it near the end of the game when he should already have figured the defense out. You mean to tell me you like seeing Danny Ware gain 1 yard on those plays?</P>

no matter which OC the Giants had you ( and I mean "you" in the general sense) would be not satisfied with some part of the "scheme" or play calling. Like I said.....he has the rings along with the rest of the team. Cant be that bad I guess....</P>

</P>

It's like the fans who are still complaining about the regular season games we lost last year. What is the point of that?
</P>

some people like to debate stuff to death, or just hear themselves talk/type, or are just big pains in the ***....:)</P>

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM

It's fine in the 1st quarter but I still see him do it near the end of the game when he should already have figured the defense out. You mean to tell me you like seeing Danny Ware gain 1 yard on those plays?</p>

you know what though....</p>

no matter which OC the Giants had you ( and I mean "you" in the general sense) would be not satisfied with some part of the "scheme" or play calling. Like I said.....he has the rings along with the rest of the team. Cant be that bad I guess....</p>

</p>

</p>

some people like to debate stuff to death, or just hear themselves talk/type, or are just big pains in the ***....:)</p>

Simple, yet profound lol

GameTime
03-02-2012, 12:08 PM

</P>

</P>

some people like to debate stuff to death, or just hear themselves talk/type, or are just big pains in the ***....:)</P>

Simple, yet profound lol
</P>

dont know about the "profound" part but I definitely fit the bill for the "simple" part.....[B]</P>

Diamondring
03-03-2012, 06:39 AM
This is amazing that there are a good amount of posters who still talk bad about our coaching staff. Then we still have talks about KG yet not look at the Pats offense only put up 17 points against the Giants and their offense has been known to put up a good amount of points. Even against teams with losijg records, that was amazing. Yet the other posters who talked bad about the Giants coaching staff better look at the other teams that didn't won the Superbowl like the Saints.

They still have only one and their offense is a powerful one.We should be grateful that the Giants won another Superbowl.

GMENAGAIN
03-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Wow, what a truly dumb statement.</P>

</P>

DelawareGiants
03-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Interesting point and one we really need to consider in rating KG as an offensive coordinator. What percentage of the time is the original play changed at the line depending on what the defensive scheme looks like to Eli. It is one question i wish more interviewers would ask but probably wouldn't get a straight answer. Is it 30% of the time and does Eli have a set number of go to plays he likes to check down to. I doubt we'll know until Eli retires and writes his tell all book- play by play of our championship seasons. I am fine with what they run 80% of the time but as usual it is the head scratcher plays we all seem to remember. Keep on Keeping on KG and Eli- you make it happen.

I'll bet you that Eli calls most of those draws you love to hate.

BeatYale
03-03-2012, 02:06 PM

It keeps the defense honest. If we never run out of the shotgun then the defense won't worry about the run so DLinemen won't even think about containment or any kind of run support and focus on pass rushing only, same for LB'ers and Safety's.

Ask Derrick Ward if shotgun draws rarely work in a game. When he was a Giant he ran that play better than anyone - getting numerous first downs for us with it.