PDA

View Full Version : TE Option

Bones911
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Per Rotoworld.com

John Carlson - TE - Seahawks
The Chicago Tribune floats the idea of the Bears pursuing free agent TE John Carlson.
Carlson was originally drafted by recently departed Bears exec Tim Ruskell and played under new QBs coach Jeremy Bates in Seattle. The Browns and Giants have also been linked to Carlson. We suspect the Bears will lean toward re-signing Kellen Davis instead.

I wouldn't mind having Carlson. He is a good receiving TE if he can stay on the field. We would still need a big blocking TE though.

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah he'd be nice but probably a bit too pricey.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Jacob Thamme is another option - hes a FA this year right?

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 03:10 PM

Yeah Tamme is a UFA.

I liked Tamme for the Giants too.

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM

Yeah Tamme is a UFA.

I liked Tamme for the Giants too.

a lil weary of his size though... Beckum part two

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Joel Dreesen is another. He's had a solid couple of years as a #2 and has managed to step up in the absence of Owen Daniels.

giantotherness
03-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Per Rotoworld.com

The Chicago Tribune floats the idea of the Bears pursuing free agent TE John Carlson.
Carlson was originally drafted by recently departed Bears exec Tim Ruskell and played under new QBs coach Jeremy Bates in Seattle. The Browns and Giants have also been linked to Carlson. We suspect the Bears will lean toward re-signing Kellen Davis instead.

I wouldn't mind having Carlson. He is a good receiving TE if he can stay on the field. We would still need a big blocking TE though.

Bring Shockey Back....

Martellus Bennett? Alex Smith?

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Joel Dreesen is another. He's had a solid couple of years as a #2 and has managed to step up in the absence of Owen Daniels.

good call on Dreesen

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

Bennett would be an EXCCCELLENT pickup

but apparently he doesn't work hard and has an attitude problem. Not sure that would fit here.

Kruunch
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

Martellus Bennett?* Alex Smith?

but apparently he doesn't work hard and has an attitude problem. Not sure that would fit here.

I'm not a Bennet fan.

And Tamme might have size problems but we have our blocker TE with Pascoe and Tamme has proven he can run a route and catch (unlike Beckum).

Dreeson would be nice ... I get the feeling he'll actually get paid by someone.

What about Scott Chandler?

MattMeyerBud
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

I'm not a Bennet fan.

And Tamme might have size problems but we have our blocker TE with Pascoe and Tamme has proven he can run a route and catch (unlike Beckum).

wow all these guys are FAs?

Thats a pretty legit value class. Ballard isn't going to be ready right?

myles2424
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Draft one..

JesseJames
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I know we are very short in cap money but there has to be ways to gain enough bucks to sign just one good FA and if we can then I would try to sign Dreesen from Houston, I've seen him play a lot since I live here in Houston and this guy is better than anyone we have right now

Kruunch
03-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

Martellus Bennett?* Alex Smith?

I'm not a Bennet fan.

wow all these guys are FAs?

Thats a pretty legit value class. Ballard isn't going to be ready right?

Right ... Ballard will start the year on the PUP list at best.

Most likely you won't see him play in 2012 is my feeling.