PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy still trying to figure out the loss to Giants

Lambeau12
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/
Thought you guys might be interested. That still hurts to look back on for us. Hopefully we will be back in the postseason next year.

FBomb
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
.....as a smile comes over me.....

BlueJayC
03-01-2012, 04:38 PM
That still hurts to look back on for us. Hopefully we will be back in the postseason next year.</P>

Exactly how we all felt in 2008 with the loss to the Empty Trophy Cases in the Divisional Round.</P>

GiantsVSNFL
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Did you guys just see that????? Why didn’t I think of this??????

Ladies and Gentleman from this day forward! I GiantsVsNfl shall call them

by their ONE TRUE NAME… and it shall FOREVER BE!!!!

“THE EMPTY TROPHY CASES!!” ( thunder clap)

Thank you for this my friend….

Gmen2005
03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
They didn't lose, they were dominated. That game was not even close.

miked1958
03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Thought you guys might be interested. That still hurts to look back on for us. Hopefully we will be back in the postseason next year.
Looks like u will get your chance for revenge right out of the box in game one on Wednesday sept 5th GB or saints are most likely choices

TuckYou
03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
</P>

Could you imagine if the refs didnt give them 2 TDs? Would of been something like at least 41-6. We would of blown the Pats out too if not for the bogus hold call.</P>

Pksoze
03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Giants disrupted their timing offense, Packers had no real pass rush so Eli destroyed their defense, the Packers receivers were peeking to see if they got hit and dropped passes. I also think the way Green Bay is built...they're basically a dome team playing in Lambeau...the Giants are better suited to their stadium than the Packers are and that's one reason the Giants have won twice in their stadium the past 5 years.

Rudyy
03-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Lambeau12
03-01-2012, 11:59 PM
I honestly think the Packers are better suited to play the Giants in New York then Lambeau. We always move the ball at will out there against you guys. We havent lost at the meadowlands either against the Giants since 1992. The Jets pasted us in 2002 regular season finale 42-17. We shut out the Jets last season there 9-0. Hopefully we play the Giants in the playoffs next year in Met life.

Lambeau12
03-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Looks like u will get your chance for revenge right out of the box in game one on Wednesday sept 5th GB or saints are most likely choices
I hope so. I hope we can pick up a pass rusher in free agency as well. We need to hit Eli and hit him hard every chance we get kind of like how we pressured him in the 45-17 game.

NYG4ME
03-02-2012, 12:05 AM
</p>

Could you imagine if the refs didnt give them 2 TDs? Would of been something like at least 41-6. We would of blown the Pats out too if not for the bogus hold call.</p>

This.

Lambeau12
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
The Eagles will be back next season as well. It usually takes a team with that many star players a couple years to gel. They were learning a whole new system. I can see them going 12-4 or 13-3 with all the good players they have. Carolina is going to be a force to reckon with too with Cam Newton. That guy is a beast.

Tommy_Ribs
03-02-2012, 12:11 AM

I'll tell you why - it was very evident to me as I watched the game. The Packers were not ready to play that game. They had Zero intensity, were not sharp, and did not look focused.

Sitting guys in Week 17 and then having a bye hurt. I am sure what also hurt was the awful situation with Joe Philbin's son. That had to be a distraction in some manner, how could it not be?

It was evident to me that the Packers were just not focused that day. They lacked the intensity that the GIANTS had.

The Packers will be back strong next year though. They have young guys waiting to step up and contribute (Cobb) and a QB that is as great a QB as I have ever seen. Pack will be strong next year, real strong.

Lambeau12
03-02-2012, 12:57 AM
You never know. Too many good teams in the NFC. I dont see us winning the super bowl for a long time with the powerful NFC we have that is with the Saints being great, Philly will be good, Carolina will be good, Detroit has Stafford, SF has a great defense but they might be a one hit wonder. The Giants matchup too well with us.

danishGiant
03-02-2012, 01:24 AM
The Eagles will be back next season as well. It usually takes a team with that many star players a couple years to gel. They were learning a whole new system. I can see them going 12-4 or 13-3 with all the good players they have. Carolina is going to be a force to reckon with too with Cam Newton. That guy is a beast.

Eagles will finish 4th in the division next season.

Toadofsteel
03-02-2012, 01:43 AM

Big-name players doesn't necessarily equate to big-name team. Signing all those FA's made big splashes in the headlines, but big-name players usually became FA's for a reason:

1) They cost their team too much cap space to retain, meaning they're taking up a bunch of space on the new team signing them.

2) They are selfish, putting themselves before the team, and as such end up bouncing from team to team. (T.O., Shockey, Randy Moss, etc.) Having one such player may be able to help win a championship, but too many just causes locker room clashes.

3) They're old and past their primes (Plax, Joe Montana, Favre)

4) They just plain suck (although then they wouldn't be big-name signings either...)

As for carolina... yeah I'm worried about them too. Cam could be the next big next gen QB in the NFL.

SweetZombieJesus
03-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I hope so. I hope we can pick up a pass rusher in free agency as well. We need to hit Eli and hit him hard every chance we get kind of like how we pressured him in the 45-17 game.

I don't see anybody ever getting more pressure on him than SF did in the NFC CG. Possibly including the '85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens.

SweetZombieJesus
03-02-2012, 04:31 AM

Big-name players doesn't necessarily equate to big-name team. Signing all those FA's made big splashes in the headlines, but big-name players usually became FA's for a reason:

1) They cost their team too much cap space to retain, meaning they're taking up a bunch of space on the new team signing them.

2) They are selfish, putting themselves before the team, and as such end up bouncing from team to team. (T.O., Shockey, Randy Moss, etc.) Having one such player may be able to help win a championship, but too many just causes locker room clashes.

3) They're old and past their primes (Plax, Joe Montana, Favre)

4) They just plain suck (although then they wouldn't be big-name signings either...)

As for carolina... yeah I'm worried about them too. Cam could be the next big next gen QB in the NFL.

5) They are made by the system/technique they played in and are not in that system on their new team
6) They shine in a weak division

See Assmouguah

OX1
03-02-2012, 07:53 AM
"I mean, we're plus-24 and we go and turn the ball over four times
and it wasn't anything that they did. . . . I'm not trying to discredit
the Giants. . . .</p>

" We have a
seven-man protection and a three-step drop and we give up a
sack-fumble."</p>

</p>

You heard it here, G-men had NOTHING to do with the sack/fumble.</p>http://sportshl.com/football/Umenyiora_forces_fumble/1120213

But, he's "not trying to discredit
the Giants".

</p>

nygsb42champs
03-02-2012, 07:54 AM
I think we will be seeing you on september 5th.

swimeasy
03-02-2012, 08:10 AM
"I mean, we're plus-24 and we go and turn the ball over four times
and it wasn't anything that they did. . . . I'm not trying to discredit
the Giants. . . .</p>

" We have a
seven-man protection and a three-step drop and we give up a
sack-fumble."</p>

</p>

You heard it here, G-men had NOTHING to do with the sack/fumble.</p>http://sportshl.com/football/Umenyiora_forces_fumble/1120213

But, he's "not trying to discredit
the Giants".

</p>

I saw that. Thankfully, it was refuted by a Packers fan in the comments section.

Lambeau, not too familiar with McCarthy, but not sure why he is dragging this up again during a time when teams are looking to the future. I could see if a couple of comments were made in the context of what they may be looking at in the draft or FA, but this was just dragging back up events leading up to and during that game. It did not seem to serve any real constructive purpose. Is this McCarthy's issue and does he have a pattern for this with the media? Or is this the media trying to breathe new life into an old story?

I actually thought the article above it was far more interesting- the one about the Pack selling more stock for stadium improvements. Fan support of the Packers is alive and well and looking toward the future even if McCarthy can't seem to manage that at this time.

Redeyejedi
03-02-2012, 08:28 AM
The Eagles will be back next season as well. It usually takes a team with that many star players a couple years to gel. They were learning a whole new system. I can see them going 12-4 or 13-3 with all the good players they have. Carolina is going to be a force to reckon with too with Cam Newton. That guy is a beast.I think the Eagles have a talented roster but I dont think there QB is consistent or tough enough to win 3 games in the playoffs. The NFC is loaded its going to be a struggle just to make the playoffs for the Giants. They play the NFC South and AFC North "3 playoff teams" plus the 1st place schedule 49ers and Packers. So thats 7 teams the Giants play that made the Playoffs in 2011.

blueomaha
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
and GB didn't get the calls they got in week 13...should have lost that game also.....

RonJon
03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Was laughing at Aaron Rodgers at the Super Bowl when asked about the Giants strategies on defense and Rodgers whined that they commonly fake injuries to slow the opposing offense down. Supposedly he was close enough to the inured players to hear the conversation with the trainers and thought he heard funny stuff being said. What a sore loser!!!!!!!

JJC7301
03-02-2012, 11:04 AM
That still hurts to look back on for us. Hopefully we will be back in the postseason next year.</P>

Exactly how we all felt in 2008 with the loss to the Empty Trophy Cases in the Divisional Round.</P>
+1. The look on the Packers (especially Rodger's) faces reminded me exactly of how the Giants felt after losing to the Eagles in '08.

But honestly -- the Pack needs a better RB than Ryan Grant. He's the type that plays well against mediocre defenses and teams. He's really not that good. If the pass game somehow is stopped, I can't see Grant carrying your team.

Kruunch
03-02-2012, 11:38 AM

I'll tell you why - it was very evident to me as I watched the game.* The Packers were not ready to play that game.* They had Zero intensity, were not sharp, and did not look focused.

Sitting guys in Week 17 and then having a bye hurt.* I am sure what also hurt was the awful situation with Joe Philbin's son.* That had to be a distraction in some manner, how could it not be?

It was evident to me that the Packers were just not focused that day.* They lacked the intensity that the GIANTS had.

The Packers will be back strong next year though.* They have young guys waiting to step up and contribute (Cobb) and a QB that is as great a QB as I have ever seen.* Pack will be strong next year, real strong.

+1

However I did get the feeling that the Packers lost this more then the Giants won it.

We played well (not amazing ... just very good). The Packers didn't play well at all. It wasn't us stopping them ... it was them stopping themselves. Missed passes, dropped balls, poor tackling and poor ball security were all large parts into the Packers loss. Had the Packers executed like they had all year, the game would have been very close (we may have still won ... but it would have been by less then a TD imo).

Of all of our post season games this season, I thought the Packers game was the one that we didn't dominate specifically (if that makes any sense).

Spedracer
03-02-2012, 11:43 AM
You know what the best part is...? The Giants blasted the Packers at home again, won the Superbowl AGAIN, and all the Packer fans can do is cry and make excuses. The comment section is a travesty. But it brings me a new form of satisfaction.

Call me odd but, I actually felt more joy after the Packers than any game of the season. Followed by Patriots and 49ers.

The sheer arrogance of that team and their fans amazes me.

In regards to the fans, Lambeau12 seems to be the exception and not the rule.

Lambeau12
03-02-2012, 10:41 PM
You know what the best part is...? The Giants blasted the Packers at home again, won the Superbowl AGAIN, and all the Packer fans can do is cry and make excuses. The comment section is a travesty. But it brings me a new form of satisfaction.

Call me odd but, I actually felt more joy after the Packers than any game of the season. Followed by Patriots and 49ers.

The sheer arrogance of that team and their fans amazes me.

In regards to the fans, Lambeau12 seems to be the exception and not the rule.

Well we won the super bowl last year. We didnt deserve to win this year with how horrible we played.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 10:51 PM

there was a lot to be said for the layoff the pack had...the giants were playing playoff football for 3 weeks, were on a roll, and got healthy..u combine that with how talented and physical the giants are and u could see the pack were in trouble...take nothing away from the pack imo the giants,saints,niners, and packers were all better than anything the AFC had to offer.

Lambeau12
03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Was laughing at Aaron Rodgers at the Super Bowl when asked about the Giants strategies on defense and Rodgers whined that they commonly fake injuries to slow the opposing offense down. Supposedly he was close enough to the inured players to hear the conversation with the trainers and thought he heard funny stuff being said. What a sore loser!!!!!!!

Most people hate Rodgers that arent Packer fans. I personally think there is bad blood between the Packers and Giants.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM

Most people hate Rodgers that arent Packer fans. I personally think there is bad blood between the Packers and Giants.

disagree...no bad blood on my part have always respected the pack and their fans..gotta like a-rod..he has been through a lot sitting behind farve waiting his turn and then replacing a legend..he has handled it well and is a top 5 qb in the league...not much to dislike imo.

Lambeau12
03-02-2012, 11:12 PM

disagree...no bad blood on my part have always respected the pack and their fans..gotta like a-rod..he has been through a lot sitting behind farve waiting his turn and then replacing a legend..he has handled it well and is a top 5 qb in the league...not much to dislike imo.
I dont know. There isnt much love between the Pack or the Giants. Im the exception but most GB fans wanted the Pats to win the super bowl.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM

I dont know. There isnt much love between the Pack or the Giants. Im the exception but most GB fans wanted the Pats to win the super bowl.

thats just bitterness from the loss imo...id feel the same way..the packers were the best team in the NFL by far all year, and their season ended badly..it happens..they are going nowhere..they will be a 12 win team again this year imo.

Toadofsteel
03-03-2012, 03:35 AM
The way the NFC East is set up, you'd be lucky to get bad blood out of the Giants fans if you're any team outside the division. I personally don't even have any hate left over for the cowboys and redskins... it's all concentrated on the Eagles.

Spedracer
03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
The way the NFC East is set up, you'd be lucky to get bad blood out of the Giants fans if you're any team outside the division. I personally don't even have any hate left over for the cowboys and redskins... it's all concentrated on the Eagles.

The weird part is, I think you might actually be right. I was at the Falcons game and there was literally no hate to be seen before kickoff.

I figured to see some more trashing considering it was the first playoff game since 2009(2008).

Dirt66
03-03-2012, 11:00 AM
It's simple Coach.....the Giants flat out kicked your asses!!

chasjay
03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
The Eagles will be back next season as well. It usually takes a team with that many star players a couple years to gel. They were learning a whole new system. I can see them going 12-4 or 13-3 with all the good players they have. Carolina is going to be a force to reckon with too with Cam Newton. That guy is a beast.I think the Eagles have a talented roster but I dont think there QB is consistent or tough enough to win 3 games in the playoffs. The NFC is loaded its going to be a struggle just to make the playoffs for the Giants. They play the NFC South and AFC North "3 playoff teams" plus the 1st place schedule 49ers and Packers. So thats 7 teams the Giants play that made the Playoffs in 2011.

I'm afraid that I agree with the part about the GMen struggling to make the playoffs - I'll just have to remember that we also struggled to get in before the last two SB's. Very much agree on Philly's QB not being able to "bring it" week after week in the playoffs.

shocknaweny
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
that game was incredible !!!

Lambeau12
03-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Im just saying this is the most bad blood I have ever seen between the Pack and Giants. It wasnt even there the last time we played in 2007.

JJC7301
03-04-2012, 12:17 AM
We outplayed them, but the Pack SOOOO many passes. But isn't that a knock against their receivers to begin with?

Lambeau12
03-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Well at least we have 4 super bowl rings. The Pack is America's team not the Cowgirls.

foosball
03-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Oh, if he needs to know have him call me. In a nut shell the Packers played like an average team, like they over looked the Giants, and the Giants gave it their all and kicked the living crap out of them.

swimeasy
03-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Im just saying this is the most bad blood I have ever seen between the Pack and Giants. It wasnt even there the last time we played in 2007.

Lambeau, you are certainly in a better position to take the
pulse of the Pack fanbase so why do you think Pack fans have reacted differently this
time?

Events such as this McCarthy interview and Rodgers' comments regarding faking injuries at the SB are inflammatory and nonconstructive so they definitely can be cited as reasons it is different this time. Fans can and do react to messages and the tone set by the leadership of the teams they love.
<p class="MsoNormal"></p><p class="MsoNormal">
</p><p class="MsoNormal">
</p>

<p class="MsoNormal"></p>

scoopscj
03-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I have some questions to any Packer fans responding here,....

Do any of the Packer fans who are bitter or angry talk about the two gift calls you got? The first being the Jennings fumble that was not a fumble but really was a fumble and also the bologna hit to the head by Osi that extended the drive?

I never have a problem with Packer fans, heck not even Cowboy fans, it's those pesky Eagle fans who really need to chill the flip out.

Scoops

BParcells777
03-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I just figured it out for him

He got his rear end kicked and was totally DOMINATED in his own Palace of the Football Gods

LOL Figure it out..............he'll NEVER figure it out

GmenFan1980
03-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I have some questions to any Packer fans responding here,....

Do any of the Packer fans who are bitter or angry talk about the two gift calls you got? The first being the Jennings fumble that was not a fumble but really was a fumble and also the bologna hit to the head by Osi that extended the drive?

I never have a problem with Packer fans, heck not even Cowboy fans, it's those pesky Eagle fans who really* need to chill the flip out.

Scoops

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/304/504/wilbon_crop_650.jpg?1326667979

lol, appropriate comment :P

Pksoze
03-04-2012, 12:26 PM
There is no bad blood from the Giants fans to Packers fans. The two biggest games the Giants have played against the team they've won in Lambeau...so the Packers never really took anything away. Even your 45-17 win last year...I attributed that more to the disaster in Philly the week before than the Packers game. The bitterness is all from Green Bay fans. BTW I read the comments section and I didn't read one mention of the biased officiating. If they want to take away their drops I want to take away their bogus 14 points.

JPP
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM

We need to revamp our Oline otherwise every team we face is gonna be knocking the football sense out of him.

M0rbid
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing he didn't figure out the Giants got screwed last time they met in Metlife Stadium.

Lambeau12
03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I know some Giant fans do but I thought all of them respected GB. I read some other sites and all they do is bash Rodgers and lots of hate for the Pack. Not sure why after you beat us. It is almost like were the Cowboys now.

Lambeau12
03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
And I have always liked New York. Great team with a great fanbase.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Maybe the fudge packers just weren't good enough and maybe Rodgers needs to bow down to the ELIte one.

Pksoze
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I know some Giant fans do but I thought all of them respected GB. I read some other sites and all they do is bash Rodgers and lots of hate for the Pack. Not sure why after you beat us. It is almost like were the Cowboys now.

I wouldn't say that...but I do think the Holmgren teams were more likeable. I think most people don't hate your team. But I do think Rodgers ****iness is off putting to many. He comes across probably unfairly as a very smug guy.

jhamburg
03-05-2012, 01:46 PM

I wouldn't say that...but I do think the Holmgren teams were more likeable. I think most people don't hate your team. But I do think Rodgers ****iness is off putting to many. He comes across probably unfairly as a very smug guy.

The pats are cheaters, the steelers have a ****** at QB, the Saints have pulled some **** too it seems. I have nothing against GB, they are a class organization owned by the fans not some greedy billionaire owner. You can't hate every team just because they're good.