PDA

View Full Version : 1st round tender for Mike Wallace

Bones911
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
As much as we have many needs. Would you give our First round pick to sign Mike Wallace?

regardless of the cap situation regardless of money. Simply would you as a GM give up our pick #32 for Mike Wallace? Or do we have greater needs?

Blue daddy
03-01-2012, 09:42 PM
We have bigger needs in my opinion. He can't block for Eli and Eli must stay clean . He cant continue takeing those hits on a regular basis.

stormblue
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
must all ex-steeler wide receivers come to ny ?

no.

spend money and drafts on something we need.

we can already throw and catch with the best of them.

we can't run or block good enough to pay the rent.

scoopscj
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Nope. Not once, not nevah. I'd rather pay a rookie on our new rookie salary scale than pay for a position we don't need. We have our rookie Jernigan who we need to develop, Devin Thomas who is able to at least crack the lineup, Nicks and Cruz. I'd rather draft another DE, LB, CB, S, or OL before addressing WR. If I'm GM that is. Since I'm not the GM, (thank goodness), I'll trust the Front Office to do what's best. They have my full support. (not that they need it)

Scoops

JJC7301
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
We can't afford the players we have know, so no, I wouldn't take Wallace. We're fine at the position -- JJ and Barden can battle it out for the # 3, but I believe that we draft a receiver anyway. And don't be shocked if SS comes back inexpensively.

TheEnigma
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't consider this at all as the Giants GM but if I were the Browns, I'd think about it.

BigBlue1971
03-01-2012, 10:42 PM
As much as we have many needs. Would you give our First round pick to sign Mike Wallace? regardless of the cap situation regardless of money. Simply would you as a GM give up our pick #32 for Mike Wallace? Or do we have greater needs?</P>

</P>

i think wideout is not a pressing need for us; however, Mike Wallace is an explosive receiver but i think we should concentrate on our needs (tight end, o-line etc)</P>

Flip Empty
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
As much as we have many needs. Would you give our First round pick to sign Mike Wallace? regardless of the cap situation regardless of money. Simply would you as a GM give up our pick #32 for Mike Wallace? Or do we have greater needs?</P>

</P>

i think wideout is not a pressing need for us; however, Mike Wallace is an explosive receiver but i think we should concentrate on our needs (tight end, o-line etc)</P>
You're right, O-line is more important.

ralphpal
03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I would because the question was regardless of money and cap . Is Mike Wallace worth the 32nd picked in the 1st round. Yes without a doubt . Half the 1st rounders dont pan out . He is a top 10 WR .
The reality is there is a cap so it doesnt matter we cant afford him and we have more needs with the little money we could spend

BlueSanta
03-01-2012, 11:31 PM
He is a very good WR and is worth a 1st round tender, just not for the NY Giants.

jhamburg
03-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I would because the question was regardless of money and cap . Is Mike Wallace worth the 32nd picked in the 1st round. Yes without a doubt . Half the 1st rounders dont pan out . He is a top 10 WR .
The reality is there is a cap so it doesnt matter we cant afford him and we have more needs with the little money we could spend

Yes, given that the question is regardless of salary or cap issues- He's basically asking if there was no salary cap and we were the Yankees of the NFL, would we sign him if the only cost was a 1st round pick that's basically a 2nd round pick.

Yes, we would. *Any* team would in a heartbeat. I don't see how this question is particularly relevant though. FA would be completely different if we didn't have to worry about salary cap.

jhamburg
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Yes, given that the question is regardless of salary or cap issues- He's basically asking if there was no salary cap and we were the Yankees of the NFL, would we sign him if the only cost was a 1st round pick that's basically a 2nd round pick.

Yes, we would. *Any* team would in a heartbeat. I don't see how this question is particularly relevant though. FA would be completely different if we didn't have to worry about salary cap.

Vtgmenfan89
03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Ever heard of Victor Cruz? Or Hakeem Nicks?

Ever hear that we did not have a great o-line this year, but we had one of the top passing games in the nfl? We need help in the trenches, we're going to be fine at most skill positions

nygsb42champs
03-02-2012, 08:06 AM
I think we have greater needs than another WR.

hungrrrry
03-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I would give them our 1st and a 4th if need be...yes....even though we don't really need a WR, he would give Eli more time in the pocket by allowing him to get rid of the ball faster...addition by subtraction = releasesooner is the same as more time in the pocket. Wallace would help Cruz or Nicks get open consistantly...or he would see alot of 1 on 1 coverage himself. Either way, this is probably the only reason I see us going with a WR in the 1st...is if we traded the pick for an NFL proven player.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-02-2012, 09:23 AM
If I am the Patriots with pick 31, I think I do it. They are in need of secondary depth and I don't think there will be good value for them in that regard at pick 31. They need a WR to stretch the field and he is perfect for that.

hungrrrry
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I would give them our 1st and a 4th if need be...yes....even though we don't really need a WR, he would give Eli more time in the pocket by allowing him to get rid of the ball faster...addition by subtraction = releasesooner is the same as more time in the pocket. Wallace would help Cruz or Nicks get open consistantly...or he would see alot of 1 on 1 coverage himself. Either way, this is probably the only reason I see us going with a WR in the 1st...is if we traded the pick for an NFL proven player.On second thought, his contract demandswould not allow for this...so lets move on to LB, RB, OL or TE...in that order.

hungrrrry
03-02-2012, 09:42 AM
If I am the Patriots with pick 31, I think I do it. They are in need of secondary depth and I don't think there will be good value for them in that regard at pick 31. They need a WR to stretch the field and he is perfect for that.agreed

ryan12
03-02-2012, 09:42 AM
im sick of all these damn Mike Wallace threads. he is a great wr hell yes he is. will he wear ny blue next year no effing chance