PDA

View Full Version : Updated Post-Combine 2012 NFL Mock Draft

BeastGiant9
03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Whats up guys???

The writers at sportsmasher.com (who are Giants fans by the way) just released their NFL Mock Draft 2.0, which also has a ton of information regarding free agency rumors throughout the league. It's really interesting stuff. Check it out!!!

Mock Draft:

http://sportsmasher.com/?page_id=211

Full Site:

http://sportsmasher.com/

GOOOOO BIIIIIIG BLUE

P.S. They have the Giants selecting Zach Brown, OLB - UNC. Full description on the site.

giantsfan420
03-02-2012, 01:07 AM
looks like a good detailed mock.

i would be fine with zach brown. tremendous upside and is already going to be one of the top athletes in the NFL as a rookie.

his issues arent physical, they're mental. with our organization, he could end up being a special special player.

did i say tremendous upside yet? cant say that enough about him.

but, i still think if fleener is there, we draft him. he would have more of an impact right away, and be able to sustain that impact for a long time imho so its not like it would solely be a need pick. fleener is even more athletic than brown imo.

plus, teams will copy NE's format for defending our pass attack and use a lot more two deep shell looks. having a te challenge the seem and middle of the field would force safeties to bracket him, which would leave a lot of beatable coverage on the outside.

also, dont sleep on hill that 6'4 4.38 40 running wr. he has elite measurements and top 10 athleticism but is a lil raw, the kind of player reese covets. if he's there at 32 he will be the pick. same goes for floyd, if somehow he's there at 32, he will def. be the pick.

i could see the giants board at 32 being (no particular order);

fleener
brown
hightower
hill
floyd
d.still
kendall wright
mike adams
m.barron
lamar miller

of that list, i hope we get fleener, brown, hill, wright (his poor combine coupled with it was rg3 throwing to him could have him dropping to the 2nd round especially with several prospects having better builds and better combines)

GMenNY21
03-02-2012, 03:12 AM
I agree that brown would be a big time steal at 32, but what LB spot would he play in our defense?? I don't see him as a MLB , & boley & Williams already are the weak side coverage guys.. If we put him in kiwi's spot, we would be wasting all of that athleticism he has.

tonyt830
03-02-2012, 06:34 AM
I agree that brown would be a big time steal at 32, but what LB spot would he play in our defense?? I don't see him as a MLB , & boley & Williams already are the weak side coverage guys.. If we put him in kiwi's spot, we would be wasting all of that athleticism he has.I have also read on some mock sites and evaluations that Brown may translate to a Will backer in the NFL. He may be a great athlete, but some people mention that he is not the greatest of tacklers.

JJC7301
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree that brown would be a big time steal at 32, but what LB spot would he play in our defense?? I don't see him as a MLB , & boley & Williams already are the weak side coverage guys.. If we put him in kiwi's spot, we would be wasting all of that athleticism he has.I have also read on some mock sites and evaluations that Brown may translate to a Will backer in the NFL. He may be a great athlete, but some people mention that he is not the greatest of tacklers.
Aint' going to happen -- they're not taking a LB in the 1st unless it was some ungodly stud who fell to them. They'll take a TE before an LB, and I don't even think the TE will happen.

It'll be secondary, o-line, d-line, or WR.

GMenNY21
03-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Aint' going to happen -- they're not taking a LB in the 1st unless it was some ungodly stud who fell to them. They'll take a TE before an LB, and I don't even think the TE will happen.

It'll be secondary, o-line, d-line, or WR.I agree

PRFan
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Barron out of the first??

JesseJames
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
based on the Giants passed performance in the draft I would say we won't be going LBer in round 1. We've been needing a talent upgrade at any of our LBer positions for about 10 years now and we have not gone high for a LBer since the mistake with Clint Sintim in round 2 a few years ago. Actually as much as I have yelled about getting a top talent LB for years now I suddenly think we're in decent shape at that position right now..

Bones911
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I would love Hightower but the Steelers will snatch him up before us especially with them letting Farrior go today.

bLuereverie
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Only reason why he's mocked in the first is because the safety class is so weak.

Zach Brown makes no sense. We have the cheaper version coming off a good year in JWill.

JJC7301
03-02-2012, 09:43 PM
If Barron is actually available by the 32nd (which he won't be), then I bet we take him. And I wouldn't be disappointed (unless we passed on Cordy Glenn to take him -- I want Cordy Glenn).

slipknottin
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Zach Brown is soft and has horrible instincts.

Barron and Brown arent worth first round picks. Both mid 2nd rounders.

buddy33
03-03-2012, 12:02 AM
You are the second posts I have seen calling Brown soft.

Can't say I saw him play. Is it that obvious? Why is he ranked so high? Combine warrior?

slipknottin
03-03-2012, 12:14 AM
You are the second posts I have seen calling Brown soft.

Can't say I saw him play. Is it that obvious? Why is he ranked so high? Combine warrior?

Hes ranked high because he is very athletic. I think its mostly fans who are rating him as a first rounder though (and maybe the raiders).

I dont think NFL teams think he is a first round type talent.

stormblue
03-03-2012, 02:24 AM
i see al the Vontaze Burfict addicts have all but disappeared !!