PDA

View Full Version : Tiki is forgotten...

redbeardxxv
03-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Ok, so his post football career is what it was, but let's keep in mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy-Y0T9drK0&feature=related

Remember him as you will, but I remember years of this. I am using his jersey as a seat cover,along with a Sehorn jersey, but I will always remember this. Tiki was star. His transgressions have been dealt with. Give props to a GIANTS legend. Let the hate fade.

dave56dj
03-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Tiki was an awesome Giant - for much of his career he WAS the Giants offense. I dont like what he did on the way out nor his pompous attitude. Then again I hate what LT has done since his Giant days too. The bottom line is AS Giants they were GREAT. And I have nothing but LOVE for Them as Giants.

Nor do I hate Steve Smith or Plax (although i find much more fault with plax since his off the field drama helped lead to a ruined 08 season). Still they both helped us fans realize a superbowl victory - LT had two and while Tiki never got one he played his *** off while here. BRAVO.

By the way watching these highlights I am reminded of just how great he was. While I love AB and the power Brandon brings to a game neither of them can hold a candle to what Tiki did - at least not to this point. But both have been great team players and great friends to each other (although brandon liked tiki as well) and have two rings that tiki does not - but that does not mean they are better.

Die-Hard
03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
This thing will be 5 pages deep by lunchtime, and will have little to do with his football career

dave56dj
03-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Die Hard you may be right - but bottom line Tiki was a great back and while here played his *** off for big blue. Too bad his mouth got in the way when it was all said and done. Still I iike to remember the players as just that - the players they were. Everything after that means little TO ME.

JimC
03-02-2012, 05:39 AM

Remember him as you will, but I remember years of this. I am using his jersey as a seat cover,along with a Sehorn jersey, but I will always remember this. Tiki was star. His transgressions have been dealt with. Give props to a GIANTS legend. Let the hate fade.

.......let it go.

jomo
03-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Ok, so his post football career is what it was, but let's keep in mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy-Y0T9drK0&feature=related Remember him as you will, but I remember years of this. I am using his jersey as a seat cover,along with a Sehorn jersey, but I will always remember this. Tiki was star. His transgressions have been dealt with. Give props to a GIANTS legend. Let the hate fade. .......let it go.I hadn't thought of Tiki since the last post from him which read just like this one. Let it go Tiki. We are all OK, how about you?

foosball
03-02-2012, 06:36 AM
As a fan I will let it go when Tiki lets it go.

Gimaniac
03-02-2012, 07:41 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/10/128917645660890040.jpg

Landshark
03-02-2012, 08:38 AM
He did it to himself... Sorry, but he has yet to man up and say he was wrong. When he does, then I will let it go. No hate here, just not much respect either.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Tiki is a ******. With all the **** he talked about guys like Strahan, Eli and Coughlin he should be eating quite a bit of crow now.

Guess what, 3 of the 4 guys I mentioned will be in the HOF. Take a guess which one isn't.

LT_was_good
03-02-2012, 09:20 AM
He did it to himself... Sorry, but he has yet to man up and say he was wrong. When he does, then I will let it go. No hate here, just not much respect either.

Actually I would really appreciate that if he did. It's funny when I look back on the 2002-06 years, Shockey and Tiki were my two favorite players. We had a ton of talent in 2005 and 2006 and yet it still seemed like the offense revolved completely around Tik the Freak. Obviously we didn't need him to be successful, but we never fully replaced him either.

Redeyejedi
03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Is that cat wearing a Coconut Bra? Weird

FBomb
03-02-2012, 10:57 AM
The title of this thread is the ultimate inirony since the thread itself exists!!!

JJC7301
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I thought Tiki was THE best RB of his time. He did it all -- ran it exceptionally, caught it exceptionally, and blocked exceptionally.

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
The title of this thread is the ultimate inirony since the thread itself exists!!!

No ****!

FBomb
I thought Tiki was THE best RB of his time. He did it all -- ran it exceptionally, caught it exceptionally, and blocked exceptionally.</P>

Agreed, but the problem is...so does Tiki. His ego did him in.</P>

ShockeyShow
I'll never forget that TD run vs KC when he broke 5+ tackles. A thing of beauty, the run and downfield blocking.

I'll be completely honest, watching that made me want to see Da'Rel Scott on the field next year. We are capable of being a much better running team than what we were this year...even with the same talent on the line that we had this year.

I love Jacobs, but his stutter-steps and indecisiveness have killed our drives over and over. Da'rel is explosive through the hole and can accelerate with the best of them.

Time to get an oil change in our running game.

burier
03-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I remember a guy who wasn't fast enough to get to the edge against the Ravens in the Superbowl.

I remember a guy who put together 2 upper echelon seasons then retired.

I remember a guy who fumbled away more than his share of games.

I remember a guy who threw The Quarterback under the bus when he got a chance.

I remember a guy who threw the coach under the bus when he got a chance.

I remember a guy leaked his plans to retire during the season causing a massive distraction.

I remember a guy who got on Strahan's **** list by running his mouth about how Stra should handle his contract situation.

I remember a guy who didn't even show up to play until the Giants drafted Ron Dane and he felt his job was in jeopardy.

Am I forgetting anything?

Harooni
03-02-2012, 11:31 AM
the sad part is the fans became all butt hurt when he retired and gave his honest opinion.

Tiki gave 10 years of service Giant only service.

if we don't honor him who will? no way we go to the SB in 2000 without him, and 2002 we had a great shot at a SB also.

burier
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
the sad part is the fans became all butt hurt when he retired and gave his honest opinion.*

Tiki gave 10 years of service* Giant only service.

if we don't honor him who will?** no way we go to the SB in 2000 without him, and 2002 we had a great shot at a SB also.

Gah!!

That wasn't an honest opinion...that was gossip.

You want to be an analyst you analyze the guys game.

You can even analyze him as a leader but what you can't do is start bumping your gumbs about what went in on the huddle/lockerroom/sidelines in an effort to slander a former TEAM MATE!

I wouldn't honor that guy with urine if he was on fire.

ShockeyShow
03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
the sad part is the fans became all butt hurt when he retired and gave his honest opinion.

if we don't honor him who will? no way we go to the SB in 2000 without him, and 2002 we had a great shot at a SB also.

Gah!!

You can even analyze him as a leader but what you can't do is start bumping your gumbs about what went in on the huddle/lockerroom/sidelines in an effort to slander a former TEAM MATE!

You must have a perfect life being so critical of Tiki. No one is perfect in this world, everyone makes mistakes. He's not hurting this organization anymore, so why don't you let the past be just that, move on, and respect him for what POSITIVE things he did for us.

Im not a Tiki-homer...but good lord, just let it go already. He owes no apology to you.

NJAquaman
03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

We said....when steps down from his high horse to say something meaningful then I will listen...

Gimaniac
03-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Nobody gets booed louder than Tiki at the stadium. If you are still a Tiki lover, than you are of the minority.

Great player who made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

Firenugget
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM

"if we don't honor him who will?"...Who the hell cares?

As far as the superbowl..I dunno, as soon as he left we won. Go figure.

I do respect Tiki "as a player". But as a person he leaves alot to be desired to put it nicely. Not only that but there are MANY ex players that I value well above and beyond Tiki and don't feel a need to make a thread about each for the sole purpose of trolling for drama. Just my 2 cents.

dezzzR
03-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Ill never forget 05. He was amazing. Especially the Washington game. But as a person, I have very little respect for Tiki

TuckYou
03-02-2012, 12:27 PM
The Tiki we loved:

2002 - 2006, 5 seasons, 7,642 yards rushing, 10K+ yards for career rushing, 5K+ yards receiving.

Then the Tiki we hate:</P>

-Ex-Giants superstar Tiki Barber has dumped his 8-months-pregnant wife, Ginny, for sexy former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson, sources told The Post last night.</P>

- It was a constant barrage for almost two hours with Ronde making comments about Eli's "testes finally dropping" and Tiki adding that "<FONT color=#000000>Kerry Collins</FONT> (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/tag/KerryCollins/) was a true leader," claiming the Giants "shouldn't have let him go." They also added that Eli's return-fire was "laughable" and that Tiki is part of the media now and it's his job to be controversial</P>

-Calling out a woman broacaster on live TV during olympics calling her a "Total Metal C#nt"</P>

-Saying he was retiring mid 2006 season while the Giants were making a playoff push and making it all about him

-Ripping Tom Coughlin after Coughlin saved his career by teaching him how not to fumble everything.

</P>

jakegibbs
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Tiki Who????????????

burier
03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
the sad part is the fans became all butt hurt when he retired and gave his honest opinion.*

Tiki gave 10 years of service* Giant only service.

if we don't honor him who will?** no way we go to the SB in 2000 without him, and 2002 we had a great shot at a SB also.

Gah!!

You must have a perfect life being so critical of Tiki. No one is perfect in this world, everyone makes mistakes. He's not hurting this organization anymore, so why don't you let the past be just that, move on, and respect him for what POSITIVE things he did for us.

Im not a Tiki-homer...but good lord, just let it go already. He owes no apology to you.

Hang on...I'm not the OP. The op should move on.

And I don't want an apology from him. The subject was brought up and I shared my opinion.

GameTime
03-02-2012, 12:54 PM

</P>

Tiki retire and blamed TC took his desire to play football away.....</P>

that is so like Tiki. Never Tiki's fault. Always ALL about Tiki. </P>

He had me snowed for a long time. I think he was great as a Giants player but it wasalways and will always be all about him. </P>

Gimaniac
03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Ill never forget 05. He was amazing. Especially the Washington game. But as a person, I have very little respect for Tiki

Love that pic of Vic breaking the tackle in front of Plax. Schooled.

Harooni
03-03-2012, 12:19 AM
You can even analyze him as a leader but what you can't do is start bumping your gumbs about what went in on the huddle/lockerroom/sidelines in an effort to slander a former TEAM MATE! .

but Strahan could do it in his book? that was ok to you?

would you like his eli quote about how the locker room was divided on Eli when he was a rookie?

fact is Tiki's retirement hurt fans and they felt like a lover left at the alter.

ShockeyShow
03-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Harooni, there's no point in trying to convince these guys that one of their favorite players isn't ever going to apologize for his actions. Let them cry themselves to sleep

Harooni
03-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Harooni, there's no point in trying to convince these guys that one of their favorite players isn't ever going to apologize for his actions. Let them cry themselves to sleep

I hate the tiki is remembered this way, and it bothers me when fans go as far as saying things that tiki never even did or said. like some said Tiki hated the org and that he said eli sucked. which was both not the case.

giantsfan420
03-03-2012, 01:27 AM
its my belief people dislike *******s, unless your a high school girl who dates them or gay.

theirs no conspiracy on why so many dislike tiki...he comes off as a giant duchebag ******* and it rubs people the wrong way.

i dont quite get why so many people feel others have to validate their own opinion by feeling the same way. if u love tiki, great. good for you. does it matter others don't? if u hate tiki, great. good for u. does it matter others don't?

guy turned on his team asap, called out the qb and coach, aired the teams laundry as a way to advance his career...when the giants won the SB, it made tiki irrelevant as all the bs he spouted proved he didnt have a clue...and still, to this very minute, tiki is probably telling some poor sap how great he is, how wronged he was, and how the giants really won the sb bc of him...

giantsfan420
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
oh, and the coach and qb he called out now have two sb wins, and two sb mvp awards...that HAS to sting tiki

he prob feels he was cheated out of the ring...

Harooni
03-03-2012, 01:33 AM
oh, and the coach and qb he called out now have two sb wins, and two sb mvp awards..

you have tiki and warner to thank for calling it out so it can change.

sometimes you have to be called out to see your own short comings.

jhamburg
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
oh, and the coach and qb he called out now have two sb wins, and two sb mvp awards..

You're right, we should really just give the trophy to them instead.

stormblue
03-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Tiki is NOT forgotten , nor will he ever be.
irregardless of his remarks and controversies outside the lines ; between the lines he was
hands down by far the best running back
to ever wear the Giants uniform. we have yet to replace him , and might not ever do so.
BJ holds the record for most touchdowns as a
Giant......half of those coming on 1 or 2 yard runs
after Tiki got us all the way down the field.
and that was back when Eli was not ELITE
and Tiki WAS our offense.

back then Eli was not a leader , and TC had
not yet transformed and made the changes demanded by Strahan and the rest of the veterans (and the front office)

anyways , like him or not ;
he is not a rapist (Meggett)
he is not a coke-head teen-o-phile (LT)

he IS our best running back of all time.
and is ranked # 23 in rushing and #12 in NFL all time all purpose yards from scrimmage.
combine those stats with childrens' books and TV work,
he WILL be in the hall.

controversial ?.......yes.

forgotten ? ....never.

Harooni
03-03-2012, 01:54 AM

im thinking some sort of thank you ring would be in order. Perhaps a tiki and warner jersey could be hung up near our trophy's.

GmenFan1980
03-03-2012, 02:09 AM
irregardless of his remarks and controversies outside the lines ; between the lines he was
to ever wear the Giants uniform. we have yet to replace him , and might not ever do so.

not yet transformed and made the changes demanded by Strahan and the rest of the veterans (and the front office)

and is ranked # 23 in rushing and #12 in NFL all time all purpose yards from scrimmage.
he WILL be in the hall.

forgotten ? ....never.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyee6JyNM4OUoz6K6yCP-hIc-SasufVn0XkFLwE79Jcw3jNubk5yONg4PXGA

Garbloz
03-03-2012, 02:23 AM
when tiki talks we win sbs. i hope he talks some smack this year.

tiki used to be one of my favorite giants but you don't smack talk the way he did. people mess up he's smart im sure he knows this. a simple real apology and i'm sure all could be well again

jhamburg
03-03-2012, 02:32 AM

he WILL be in the hall.

forgotten ? ....never.

I'm not so sure he makes the Hall. Pretty much every HOF running back had a better career than Tiki.

giantsfan420
03-03-2012, 02:46 AM

im thinking some sort of thank you ring would be in order.* Perhaps a tiki and warner jersey could be hung up near our trophy's.

the whole thing about ur stance is that u fail to connect eli's "shortcomings" with tiki's role in it. tom brady couldnt be a leader with a malcontent like tiki in the huddle.

think about that for a moment...eli came to a team where tiki believed he was boss hog hnic, and he wasnt about to give up or share his spotlight. i have no doubt tiki did whatever he could to continue his grip and control on the offense.

thats what pisses me off so much about tiki, ok u say eli was comical and he wasnt a leader, why not try and help when ur on the team? u really think what he did helped anyone? but himself?

i dont think the giants won a sb bc of tiki's comments, i think they won the sb bc tiki wasn't on the team.

tiki didnt make any comments about eli this past season, and tc was actually pegged as reverting back to his commander in chief personality, yet they won the sb again...

fact is, the giants were a better team w/o tiki. and eli was a better leader w/o tiki. eli had to fight to get a word in the huddle to lead, notice how the teammates say "eli doesn't say much, we just have confidence in him and follow his lead."

well it was perfectly clear tiki didnt have confidence in eli when they were teammates, and that was a huge factor in the lack of success.

tiki's the reason we won a sb, and the greatest giant of all time...just ask him...

stormblue
03-03-2012, 02:57 AM
"I'm not so sure he makes the Hall. Pretty much every HOF running back had a better career than Tiki."

there are 44 HOF running backs.

he has more rushing yards than 21 of them.

he has more all purpose yards than 32 of them.

although you are entitled to your opinion on whether or not he gets voted in , he definitely DOES have the stats.......you can't take them away or ignore them.

stormblue
03-03-2012, 03:03 AM

im thinking some sort of thank you ring would be in order.* Perhaps a tiki and warner jersey could be hung up near our trophy's.

the whole thing about ur stance is that u fail to connect eli's "shortcomings" with tiki's role in it. tom brady couldnt be a leader with a malcontent like tiki in the huddle.

think about that for a moment...eli came to a team where tiki believed he was boss hog hnic, and he wasnt about to give up or share his spotlight. i have no doubt tiki did whatever he could to continue his grip and control on the offense.

thats what pisses me off so much about tiki, ok u say eli was comical and he wasnt a leader, why not try and help when ur on the team? u really think what he did helped anyone? but himself?

i dont think the giants won a sb bc of tiki's comments, i think they won the sb bc tiki wasn't on the team.

tiki didnt make any comments about eli this past season, and tc was actually pegged as reverting back to his commander in chief personality, yet they won the sb again...

fact is, the giants were a better team w/o tiki. and eli was a better leader w/o tiki. eli had to fight to get a word in the huddle to lead, notice how the teammates say "eli doesn't say much, we just have confidence in him and follow his lead."

well it was perfectly clear tiki didnt have confidence in eli when they were teammates, and that was a huge factor in the lack of success.

tiki's the reason we won a sb, and the greatest giant of all time...just ask him...

the cancerous huddle mal-content was a tight end named Shockey , and if he had not gone down Eli would probably still not have a ring.

everybody forgets that Strahan held many of the same feelings towards the coaching staff.
he just couldn't speak for the offense..Tiki did.

GmenFan1980
03-03-2012, 03:13 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9842574.jpg

Man reading these same comments and opinions of Tiki is great and all, but how about we stop now?

Tiki barber great player, terrible person -The end

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/bogle_me/EndThread.jpg

stormblue
03-03-2012, 03:25 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9842574.jpg

Man reading these same comments and opinions of Tiki is great and all, but how about we stop now?

Tiki barber great player, terrible person -The end

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/bogle_me/EndThread.jpg

LOL.....well the length of the thread in itself disproves the thread tile.

like him or hate him ; he is obviously NOT forgotten.

Diamondring
03-03-2012, 05:54 AM
I remember when they say that Tiki wasn't powerful enough to get one yard in a third and one situation and he did that some time later to prove others wrong.

redbeardxxv
03-03-2012, 06:10 AM
I remember when they say that Tiki wasn't powerful enough to get one yard in a third and one situation and he did that some time later to prove others wrong.

Ok, sorry guys, but I used you on this thread....A dispute between myself and a friend of mine (Eagles fan) was put to the test here.
I had stated that TIki was one of the best RB's in recent memory, to which he countered with Westbrook, and Tomlinson. He then furthered the argument by saying that TIki was FORGOTTEN after 2 SB wins without him. This thread was proof that he's still a polarizing figure and still raw in our memories. While I reflect the original intent of the thread, (Tiki WAS a great RB) I kinda used you guys to prove it. Sorry for the deception,but you won me a 12 pack of Landshark. I'm drinking one now.... they are the best I've had since SB Sunday. Thanks guys!

Gimaniac
03-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Ok, sorry guys, but I used you on this thread....A dispute between myself and a friend of mine (Eagles fan) was put to the test here.
I had stated that TIki was one of the best RB's in recent memory, to which he countered with Westbrook, and Tomlinson. He then furthered the argument by saying that TIki was FORGOTTEN after 2 SB wins without him. This thread was proof that he's still a polarizing figure and still raw in our memories. While I reflect the original intent of the thread, (Tiki WAS a great RB) I kinda used you guys to prove it. Sorry for the deception,but you won me a 12 pack of Landshark. I'm drinking one now.... they are the best I've had since SB Sunday. Thanks guys!

You had to drink Landshark? Did you win the bet or lose the bet?

Diamondring
03-03-2012, 07:24 AM

You had to drink Landshark? Did you win the bet or lose the bet?By your post, Landshark must be nasty or not good.

jomo
03-03-2012, 07:59 AM
I remember when they say that Tiki wasn't powerful enough to get one yard in a third and one situation and he did that some time later to prove others wrong. Ok, sorry guys, but I used you on this thread....A dispute between myself and a friend of mine (Eagles fan) was put to the test here. I had stated that TIki was one of the best RB's in recent memory, to which he countered with Westbrook, and Tomlinson. He then furthered the argument by saying that TIki was FORGOTTEN after 2 SB wins without him. This thread was proof that he's still a polarizing figure and still raw in our memories. While I reflect the original intent of the thread, (Tiki WAS a great RB) I kinda used you guys to prove it. Sorry for the deception,but you won me a 12 pack of Landshark. I'm drinking one now.... they are the best I've had since SB Sunday. Thanks guys!lol I love how you say "after 2 SB wins without him" but fail to mention ZERO SB wins with him. Of course he was a very talented RB but he was in the end a person who did not embrace the concept of team. Everything was for the glory and advancement of Tiki. That is what led him to trade off of locker room secrets for favorable treatment from the press. I don't care what he said after his career was over. What bothered me most was how he became the rat/cancer inside our locker room. Shameful and unforgiveable IMHO.